Are you in the IGI Yearbook?

Main Menu

Show Off Your Kids!

Started by Sweetling, April 26, 2010, 11:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetling

Keepin' it Real!

leese

Yay! a cuteness thread. I don't have many old pics availabe ATM. I will dig up cuter ones later. ||thumbs||

My daughter when she was around 4 yrs old. Arrr!

Sweetling

+1. We're into pirates, too! I'll find that pic.
Keepin' it Real!

Sweetling

Aarrrh!

... And then there's this recent one. It's doubtful she was emulating Smoking Cool - she's barely been exposed to it.

Keepin' it Real!

Drauthlin

My daughter Temperance:

My son Matrim:

"God is imaginary." - QM (props for admitting it, man)
"I the Lord am a...tender and delicate woman." - Exodus and Revelations.

Sweetling

Keepin' it Real!

Son of Man

Drauthlin, Temperance is adorable.  : )

Sweetling, exploit your daughter while she's still cute!  Remember what happened to the Olsen twins?  They look like Michael Jackson now. 
"Our old forum is dead we should bring a newborn one to life."  
Steve Ox, GLF Forum, July 28, 2008

David M

Quote from: Son of Man on April 28, 2010, 05:31:25 AM
Drauthlin, Temperance is adorable.  : )

Sweetling, exploit your daughter while she's still cute!  Remember what happened to the Olsen twins?  They look like Michael Jackson now. 

Michael Jackson has a twin?   ||shocked||
WARNING: Amateur psychiatrists have determined that this poster can be hazardous to your peace of mind.  Do not consume anything written by this poster unless accompanied by adequate doses of salt.

catwixen

Well most of you have seen baby pics of Goobs before but this one was professionally done so I am particularly proud of it....

1st Birthday
Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow?

leese

Pastafarian

Ha ha Cat!

Here's little Kaylee at 3 months...

At 4 Months...

& at 6 months...

It may be that ministers really think that their prayers do good and it may be that frogs imagine that their croaking brings spring.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, "Which Way?" (1884)

leese

^^How much to ship boxes of babies these days, Pasta? Beautiful, BTW. ||thumbs||

catwixen

Awwww Kaylee is gorgeous!  ||thumbs|| And to think...many of us here were there for the birth. (in thought anyhoo)  ||wink||

Airyaman

Sorry, has me in it too (only 3 weeks ago)

Please take a moment to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Atlanta, and Sweden.

catwixen

leese

Beautiful offspring, Airy.
Good to see you around here too. ||smiley||

Pastafarian

Sweetling, if that's what your daughter looks like then... Well let me not climb on that bandwagon! ;)

Temperance is too cute! And Matrim reminds me of an innocent Sylar/new Dcoc Spok minus the ears of course :) ...hey wait a minute,  what's with the Star Trek haircuts of the boys in this thread? Lol

ag, y'all have beautiful families , +1's all round to the best thing ever   ||beerchug||
It may be that ministers really think that their prayers do good and it may be that frogs imagine that their croaking brings spring.

Pastafarian

She loves that box. I thought it was pretty cool that the TV says "Box Office" just as I took the pic - it was an episode of Band Of Brothers winding down.
Mmm... Maybe it's a sign... Kaylee is the chosen one, the Antichrist long ago foretold, She who will put god in his box.
I'm so proud  ||grin||

Sita

Beautiful children, everyone.   ||thumbs||

My little girl...

Then

And now

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.  Carl Sagan

leese

Sita, your daughter has your  gaze. It's not a matter of features, it's her expression. Easy to tell she's your girl.  ||thumbs|| I see the same with my daughter. I'll have to post an adult  pic of mine, but since she's a member, I'll have to ask her.

Codswallop

leese

catwixen

Cods your kids are gorgeous!

Sweetling

We've got some ridiculously attractive progeny here.

Quote from: Pastafarian on April 29, 2010, 01:59:27 PM
Sweetling, if that's what your daughter looks like then... Well let me not climb on that bandwagon! ;)

Since I don't know where you're going with this, please continue.

Keepin' it Real!

Pastafarian

I'm afraid men are, at least to some degree, all the same... I knew I should've kept my big mouth shut. Moving on! 

Pastafarian

Quote from: catwixen on April 28, 2010, 10:34:03 PM
... And to think...many of us here were there for the birth. (in thought anyhoo)  ||wink||

yeah, it reminds me of how much life has changed, I can remember posting as an expectant father... And I was not going to have kids... Thank Rah for the power of genes!  ||cheesy||

Sweetling

Quote from: Pastafarian on April 30, 2010, 12:19:05 AM
Quote from: catwixen on April 28, 2010, 10:34:03 PM
... And to think...many of us here were there for the birth. (in thought anyhoo)  ||wink||

yeah, it reminds me of how much life has changed, I can remember posting as an expectant father... And I was not going to have kids... Thank Rah for the power of genes!  ||cheesy||

We agonized over it... and my father-in-law gently asked me if I thought ours was a gene pool that shouldn't be continued. I guess I was convinced.
Keepin' it Real!

David M

Quote from: Sweetling on April 30, 2010, 12:31:11 AM

We agonized over it... and my father-in-law gently asked me if I thought ours was a gene pool that shouldn't be continued. I guess I was convinced.

Praise God!
WARNING: Amateur psychiatrists have determined that this poster can be hazardous to your peace of mind.  Do not consume anything written by this poster unless accompanied by adequate doses of salt.

Sweetling

Quote from: David M on April 30, 2010, 12:40:15 AM

Praise God!

Hmph. You like Chucky Jr., then? Or you just approve of procreation in general?
Keepin' it Real!

David M

Quote from: Sweetling on April 30, 2010, 12:44:53 AM

Praise God!

Hmph. You like Chucky Jr., then? Or you just approve of procreation in general?

She's got your sweetness, no doubt about it.  And yes, I am definitely pro-creation.

Sweetling

Keepin' it Real!

David M

Quote from: Sweetling on April 30, 2010, 01:01:31 AM
Praise God!

Not tonight, I have a headache.

This reminds me of something I learned in sales that seems to work pretty well with romance...

"No" means "maybe" and "maybe" means "yes"!

Please let me know when you're feeling better.

Goobatron

Quote from: catwixen on April 28, 2010, 11:08:49 AM
Well most of you have seen baby pics of Goobs before but this one was professionally done so I am particularly proud of it....

1st Birthday

I get my monkey looks from my monkey mother.

David M

^^^Now that you mention it, I can see the resemblance to your avatar, minus the sunglasses.   ||think||

catwixen

Codswallop

Quote from: catwixen on April 30, 2010, 12:03:55 AM

Thanks. We built 'em from a kit.

David M

Sweetling

Quote from: David M on April 30, 2010, 01:46:18 PM
Quote from: Codswallop on April 30, 2010, 12:09:26 PM

Yeah, but GOD made the kit.   ||wink||

Oy. Leave the religion outta my cuteness thread, in Jesus' name, please!
Keepin' it Real!

Codswallop

Yeah, but GOD made the kit.   ||wink||

That's it. I'm officially sick of you preachy flockers. Again. You can't leave one flocking thing alone. Piece of flocking spit.

leese

Quote from: Codswallop on April 30, 2010, 03:25:44 PM

Yeah, but GOD made the kit.   ||wink||

That's it. I'm officially sick of you preachy f**kers. Again. You can't leave one f**king thing alone. Piece of s**t.

||laughroll||

David M

Quote from: Sweetling on April 30, 2010, 02:26:53 PM

Yeah, but GOD made the kit.   ||wink||

Oy. Leave the religion outta my cuteness thread, in Jesus' name, please!

Wow, and I didn't even have to burn your fingers!  Now I know you're crazy about me!

Sorry, I thought I was posting on the "Is GOD Imaginary?" site.

Imagine that.

Codswallop

Let's just call this thread "Christians Ruin Everything--again."

David M

Quote from: Codswallop on April 30, 2010, 06:57:27 PM
Let's just call this thread "Christians Ruin Everything--again."

Hey, you started it.  Built them from a kit, indeed. 

jill

Nathan the morning I got married.

A few years later doing his Men In Black impersonation (?)

I've got one from just the other day in his dance formals but I can't get it to upload in photobucket.  :(
It is what it is

catwixen

LOL cool dude ^ Is he the artist?

jill

It is what it is

leese

Alright, he's a keeper, Jill.  ||cheesy||

Sweetling

Keepin' it Real!

leese

Little girls in frocks, one of my favorite things. ||thumbs|| Thanks for sharing her.

catwixen

Pastafarian

Lovely, Sweetling

Sitting Bhudda(ess?) Lying Tiger

catwixen

SkunkButt

Quote from: Sweetling on May 04, 2010, 12:38:54 AM

Curly hair
Curly frock
Curly---------look mom a dandylion!!!
That's just my opinion, I could be wrong. 

Dennis Miller

David M

leese

Sweetling

Quote from: leese on May 06, 2010, 10:05:51 PM
||huh|| ^^^ WTF?

He stole it from the David and Sweetling conversation thread. I found it on the Atheist Friends List on facebook and had to post it, seeing as how David began his abuse of me by comparing my avatar, which he assumed was my daughter, to Chucky.
Keepin' it Real!

leese

whew... I thought David was going south here.

David M

Quote from: leese on May 06, 2010, 10:24:26 PM

No, that would be Sweetling.

Imagine that.

David M

Quote from: Sweetling on May 06, 2010, 10:22:46 PM
Quote from: leese on May 06, 2010, 10:05:51 PM
||huh|| ^^^ WTF?

He stole it from the David and Sweetling conversation thread. I found it on the Atheist Friends List on facebook and had to post it, seeing as how David began his abuse of me by comparing my avatar, which he assumed was my daughter, to Chucky.

I didn't steal it, I quoted it, with credit.   ||razz||

Sweetling

Quote from: David M on May 07, 2010, 12:13:36 AM
Quote from: leese on May 06, 2010, 10:24:26 PM

No, that would be Sweetling.

Imagine that.

Semantics. I fart in your general direction. Also, you have failed to comment on my daughter's real pics in any meaningful way. For shame.
Keepin' it Real!

catwixen

David and Sweetling - you should start your own act, call it ummm "who's on first"?

Maggie the Opinionated

Well, Sweetling, I will comment meaningfully on your daughter-- she is gorgeous! The golden curls are the sort of thing I thought only existed in troubador poetry. But the rest of the kids are gorgeous too. In fact, Pasta's daughter has the wisest eyes I have ever seen on an infant. I haven;t worked my way through the thread yet (I am going backward) but, frankly, it is already clear that there is an abundance of cuteness on this forum.

Sweetling

Quote from: Maggie the Opinionated on May 07, 2010, 12:48:21 AM
Well, Sweetling, I will comment meaningfully on your daughter-- she is gorgeous! The golden curls are the sort of thing I thought only existed in troubador poetry. But the rest of the kids are gorgeous too. In fact, Pasta's daughter has the wisest eyes I have ever seen on an infant. I haven;t worked my way through the thread yet (I am going backward) but, frankly, it is already clear that there is an abundance of cuteness on this forum.

Maggie, that was indeed meaningful, and awfully sweet. Thank you. My daughter's doctor has a major crush on her and says she's like a porcelain doll.

Pasta, your daughter is crazydorable.

Cat, your monkey is... hairy.
Keepin' it Real!

Sweetling

Airyman, your kids are extremely good-looking, but what really stands out for me is your resemblance to John Mayer.

Jill, I love the Nathan pics, especially the one on the wedding day. I want to bite him.
Keepin' it Real!

catwixen

Quote from: Sweetling on May 07, 2010, 01:09:41 AM

Cat, your monkey is... hairy.

He's a feminist too. I am so proud.  ||grin||

Pastafarian

David M

Quote from: Sweetling on May 07, 2010, 01:12:20 AM
Airyman, your kids are extremely good-looking, but what really stands out for me is your resemblance to John Mayer.

Jill, I love the Nathan pics, especially the one on the wedding day. I want to bite him.

If you saw my picture, you'd want to bite me, too.  I've been told I'm adorable.

leese

Quote from: David M on May 07, 2010, 12:11:40 PM

If you saw my picture, you'd want to bite me, too.  I've been told I'm adorable.
Tits or GTFO!

David M

Quote from: leese on May 07, 2010, 06:49:22 PM
Quote from: David M on May 07, 2010, 12:11:40 PM

Tits or GTFO!

||huh||  That's really not my best feature.

JudoChop

Ah, I missed this thread. Well I'm rifling through piccies on my computer at the minute so here is nipper no1 a while ago, nipper no2 to follow when I can find some. ;)

Abdullah: You got me wrong, I'm not the Eel, I'm the one trying to prove to you that Eels are not Atheists.

Shylala

she is so cute. +1   you be careful when she grows up haha
-Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory.

JudoChop

She'll be wearing a burka. ;)
Abdullah: You got me wrong, I'm not the Eel, I'm the one trying to prove to you that Eels are not Atheists.

Sita

GodsPROMISE

my one and only! [for now ;) ]

Gwen

JadedPulse

I love Cookie. She's SO adorable!!
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow.

leese

JudoChop

Nipper number 2, having a terrible hair day...

FGOH

Oh Judo, that picture is so cute. You have really lovely daughters.
I'm not signing anything without consulting my lawyer.

JudoChop

Quote from: FGOH on July 26, 2010, 09:00:41 AM
Oh Judo, that picture is so cute. You have really lovely daughters.

*adds to list of babysitters*

rickymooston

"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

Meat

"Brilliant Meat!" +1 (composer)
"Amen Meat." (Former Believer)
"Like Meat said." (Francis)
"Not brilliant, Meat!" — Villanelle
"Damned right Meat." -Kusa
 "You call this comment censorship Meatless?" (Boobs)

Luigi

Well, it's not MY kid, but my nephew.  ||smiley||

<Admin JustMyron - Photo removed at user request>
Lord, please give me patience because if you give me strength, I may just beat someone to death.

Mrs Pumpkin

Here's my ray of sunshine....  ||smiley||

Yog

This thread is cuteness overload! +1s to all and sundry.  ||tip hat||

+2 Cat when I can!  ||cheesy||

FGOH

Mrs P - a very handsome boy. Is that him all ready for big school?

Mrs Pumpkin

Quote from: FGOH on September 17, 2010, 10:21:43 AM
Mrs P - a very handsome boy. Is that him all ready for big school?

Thank you :)  Indeedy, his first day!  He's started to get tired now though, bless him - it's a long old day - out the door just after 7am and not home till about 4.30/45 ish depending on the buses.

He's grown up waaaay to quick for my liking!  Here he is aged 3 on his first day at nursery!

I used to take a pic in the same spot on the first day of the new school year - this year we took the door off, so can't measure how tall he is against each panel lol

krzktma

everyone's kids/nephew are darling! i would babysit any of them  ||PTW||
i'm krazy, not stupid                        1Peter 1:3

/\_/\
(>'.'<) This is Kitty.
(")_(") Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help her gain world domination

Sweetling

Keepin' it Real!

David M

^ she sure doesn't look like Chuckie anymore.

Sweetling

She never did, you little stinker.
Keepin' it Real!

JadedPulse

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow.

David M

Sweetling

Thanks, JP! I've been posting her pics since she was much smaller. She's fun to photograph.

Shut up, David. :-P
Keepin' it Real!

David M

Quote from: Sweetling on October 06, 2010, 11:40:50 PM
Thanks, JP! I've been posting her pics since she was much smaller. She's fun to photograph.

Shut up, David. :-P

||Kris||

Sita

Quote from: Sweetling on October 06, 2010, 11:25:47 PM

She's growing up.

She sure is.  I remember her from your earlier postings.  She's adorable.   ||smiley||

urs

Sorry about posting links instead of pics. I keep most of my stuff on Flickr now, but I keep the kids pics private because of the sheer number of weirdos on Flickr alone, and I keep my Facebook private so my dad and ex can't stalk me. But these should still work ok.

My daughter, almost 7 years old:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3995523&l=38afc4391b&id=588123460

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3910332&l=0fa5cfcd9e&id=588123460

My son, almost 3 years old (I was prego with him when I joined WWGHA!):
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5314002&l=1fbc924782&id=588123460

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5301247&l=54f0e2515a&id=588123460

Shylala

aw urs your kids are really cute! i love your daughters glasses haha. +1 for having kids so cute

Son of Man

They're adorable, Urs.  : )
"Our old forum is dead we should bring a newborn one to life."  
Steve Ox, GLF Forum, July 28, 2008

kevin

my nine year old. my eleven year old probably took the picture. i just discovered the photo in the files, they never told me

may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

leese

kevin

they're scary. this one's likely to be an artist, and probably set the picture up. but the other one actually took the picture. none of the boys would have thought to do this

Tish

Kevin, that one's going to be a heart breaker!!   ||grin||
"Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill."
Buddha

kevin

Sweetling

Keepin' it Real!

David M

urs

The tragic fate of my socks at laundry folding time.

Being cool.

Being hammy.

This is serious, Mom.

TrisTennant

But everything changed when the Calgary Flames attacked.

acctnt_shan

Love all these pictures!   ||smiley||
Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

Jubal Early

My son who looks a great deal like me. Only he would wear a Ghostbuster shirt to a NASCAR track. 

Daughter several years ago
Half of writing history is hiding the truth. - Capt. Mal Reynolds

Jubal Early

In August 2010, my daughter volunteered for the day a children's festival.  That is her tortoise, Raquel with her.

JadedPulse

I'm jealous of her tortiose! I WANT ONE!

Pastafarian

Jubal Early

Quote from: JadedPulse on October 28, 2010, 12:38:36 AM
I'm jealous of her tortiose! I WANT ONE!
We all adore Raquel.  She follows my daughter around like a puppy.  She plays soccer with her ping pong balls.  She loves getting attention and lots of petting.

FGOH

Quote from: urs on October 27, 2010, 06:06:27 PM
The tragic fate of my socks at laundry folding time.

This picture is priceless. +1 for sharing it.

Sweetling

Pasta! So great to see you, my dear! What delicious pics of your beautiful sweetie.

Urs, your kid is hysterical. Love the socks. Classic.
Keepin' it Real!

Happy Evolute

My youngest daughter on the right (Baby Evolute), and Mrs E's daughter (The Squidge) on the left.

An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Luigi

Quote from: Happy Evolute on October 29, 2010, 02:54:35 PM
My youngest daughter on the right (Baby Evolute), and Mrs E's daughter (The Squidge) on the left.

HE, may I ask why you refer to her as Mrs. E's daughter, and not your "daughter"? I assume she isn't biologically yours, but it still irks me that you don't really call her "yours", for some reason.

Urs, your children look adorable! Definitely look like a fun bunch.
Lord, please give me patience because if you give me strength, I may just beat someone to death.

Happy Evolute

Quote from: Luigi on October 30, 2010, 08:55:50 PM
HE, may I ask why you refer to her as Mrs. E's daughter, and not your "daughter"? I assume she isn't biologically yours, but it still irks me that you don't really call her "yours", for some reason.

Sure. I am not The Squidge's father, and Mrs Evolute is not Baby Evolute's mother. Perhaps I should call The Squidge my step-daughter?

||unsure||
An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

kevin

good looking girls, tho

your wife has one of the kindest faces i've seen in a long time. is she faking?

i don't remember mallards from britain.

hypsell

Every time I post you see my kid.
What are the prerequisites for consuming Teddy Ruxpin?

Ratman

This is my daughter Cory.  She's 30 now ||shocked||

There's no real relationship between what a person believes and what their religion ostensibly teaches them to believe.

leese

Shylala

leese

Sweetling

I love the face-half-covered one. +1!
Keepin' it Real!

kevin

Ratman

Did they get those facial markings from your side Kevin?
There's no real relationship between what a person believes and what their religion ostensibly teaches them to believe.

leese

Mine is the second one on the left. She's 25.

kevin

Quote from: Ratman on November 28, 2010, 08:31:51 PM
Did they get those facial markings from your side Kevin?

all the kids get their attraction for woad from their mother's side.

also their fascination for knocking holes in the walls

Ratman

Leese, adult kids are the best aren't they?

leese

Quote from: Ratman on November 29, 2010, 02:05:25 AM
Leese, adult kids are the best aren't they?
Yep. Words can't express.

kevin

Sweetling

Keepin' it Real!

Ratman

Sweetling that is simply adorable ||smiley||

Sweetling

Quote from: Ratman on December 05, 2010, 01:26:59 AM
Sweetling that is simply adorable ||smiley||

I would +1 you, but I just did that ten minutes ago.
Keepin' it Real!

Sweetling

From this weekend...

Keep the cute pics coming, people!
Keepin' it Real!

Sita

She gets more beautiful every time I see her, Sweetling. 

Sweetling

Quote from: Sita on January 13, 2011, 04:03:13 AM
She get more beautiful every time I see her, Sweetling.

Thank you, Sita. It's funny, I say the same thing.
Keepin' it Real!

Sita

Quote from: Sweetling on January 13, 2011, 04:18:55 AM

Kids, they tug at your heartstrings don't they?  I'll have to take a picture and post it of my little girl, although she's not so little anymore.  ||sad||

Sweetling

Crazy how fast they grow. I keep saying that we simply must stop feeding her every week.

Looking forward to pics of any age...
Keepin' it Real!

Sita

Quote from: Sweetling on January 13, 2011, 04:28:01 AM
Crazy how fast they grow. I keep saying that we simply must stop feeding her every week.

Yea really, it seems like yesterday that my daughter was just a kid and now she's grown and living in another city with a life of her own.  I miss her.  ||sad||

Lesson to be learned... appreciate your kids while you still have them for soon they will be gone.

David M

Quote from: Sweetling on January 13, 2011, 04:18:55 AM

That's because she keeps looking more and more like you.

(and less and less like Chuckie)

Sweetling

She never looked like Chucky. That was me, remember?
Keepin' it Real!

David M

Quote from: Sweetling on January 14, 2011, 12:45:08 AM
She never looked like Chucky. That was me, remember?

Oh, right, well, you keep getting more beautiful all the time, too.

Nice save, no?

FGOH

No kids but there's a grandbaby (step-grandbaby) on the way so you will probably get bored silly with pics then!

urs

Quote from: FGOH on January 14, 2011, 03:09:55 PM
No kids but there's a grandbaby (step-grandbaby) on the way so you will probably get bored silly with pics then!

Congratulations!

And everyone should know that in addition to Sweetling's daughter being incredibly cute, she is also hysterically clever.

Sweetling

Quote from: urs on January 14, 2011, 10:56:22 PM

Congratulations!

And everyone should know that in addition to Sweetling's daughter being incredibly cute, she is also hysterically clever.

I'm tempted to post a link to my blog... but it seems so... personal.
Keepin' it Real!

leese

Quote from: Sweetling on January 14, 2011, 11:26:44 PM

Congratulations!

I'm tempted to post a link to my blog... but it seems so... personal.
I'm waiting for the book.

Sweetling

Keepin' it Real!

Sweetling

(Insert huge shlteating grin)
Keepin' it Real!

JudoChop

The first time the nippers had both been awake and quiet in a long time, a Kodak moment for sure.

David M

Judo, the one on the left looks just like your avatar, facial expression and all!  Cute.   ||thumbs||

JudoChop

Well I'm not sure she looks like a snarling otter but, whatever. Thanks?

David M

Quote from: JudoChop on January 17, 2011, 01:25:50 PM
Well I'm not sure she looks like a snarling otter but, whatever. Thanks?

Are you kidding?  Look at the eyes, the nose, the cheeks, the mouth.  She's almost a spitting image.

Are you sure you're the real father?   ||think||

JudoChop

Oh I see it now!

*doesn't see it*

David M

JudoChop

FGOH

Yay! I love seeing pics of Judo's nippers. I imagine the ice cream had a lot to do with them being quiet?

urs

Judo, your girls are cute. Do they torture you also with emotional hijacking and manipulation?  My daughter is a natural at it. Now she is learning sarcasm, and while I consider that a valuable skill, it just makes her that much more deadly in her terrorism.

My son is adorable, but spoiled, and I am afraid I will be producing two monsters.

A thoughtful look.

A completely insincere smile.

JudoChop

Quote from: FGOH on January 17, 2011, 03:07:26 PM
Yay! I love seeing pics of Judo's nippers. I imagine the ice cream had a lot to do with them being quiet?

That's some fine detective work FG. ;)

Cute nippers Urs. ;)

Yeah unfortunately they've both inherited my sarcasm gene, it's really backfired on me.

JadedPulse

Judo, your girls both look so much like you!! It makes me giggle everytime to see you in pint-size girl form.

Adorable!!!

Sweetling

I do find that we expect better behavior of our kids than we show ourselves.

Judo and urs, sick cute pics. +1
Keepin' it Real!

Mrs Pumpkin

modified per request moderator 02 04/20/2011

ciao

JudoChop

Mrs Pumpkin

FGOH

Lovely pic Mrs P. I can see why you are a proud mum.

Ratman

Mrs Pumpkin, Awesome looking lad there.  He looks so calm.

Mrs Pumpkin

Thanks FGOH & Ratman :)

He's transfixed by the TV!!!  Right at the bottom you can just see the remote :P

acctnt_shan

Quote from: JudoChop on January 17, 2011, 09:21:38 AM
The first time the nippers had both been awake and quiet in a long time, a Kodak moment for sure.

Ice cream + crayons & fun kids menu = quiet happy mealtime anyday  ||wink||
Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

JudoChop

It's a pretty successful equation I'll admit. ;)

Dadzilla

"I've learned that good-byes will always hurt, pictures will never replace having been there, memories good and bad will bring tears, and words can never replace feelings."

acctnt_shan

Oh she looks just like you Zilla!  You're both so lovely  ||smiley||

Dadzilla

Awww thanks, Shan! We didn't realize until we saw this pic how much she does look like me.
"I've learned that good-byes will always hurt, pictures will never replace having been there, memories good and bad will bring tears, and words can never replace feelings."

leese

Zilla, you look like an older sis rather than her momma. Nice pic.

Ratman

Quote from: Dadzilla on January 26, 2011, 05:35:27 AM
My daughter and me

So who is the daughter and who is the mom????  ||think||

Jubal Early

My daughter at CNN last Friday.  Yes, she is wearing a Pokemon hat, Canada hoodie (had to put the Maple Leaf on it herself. And that's Canada as in Hetalia) and Chinese snow goggles.  The guy at security check was fascinated with her goggles.

TrisTennant

Jubal Early

I thought you might approve.  LOL

Mrs Pumpkin

The most recent pic of my [not so little!] boy

Hemingway

Quote from: JudoChop on July 19, 2010, 11:12:20 AM
Ah, I missed this thread. Well I'm rifling through piccies on my computer at the minute so here is nipper no1 a while ago, nipper no2 to follow when I can find some. ;)

OMG JUDO!

How cute is this pic?

+1  ||smiley||
"Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken"

Hemingway

Quote from: JudoChop on July 26, 2010, 08:57:41 AM
Nipper number 2, having a terrible hair day...

Ha ha brilliant!

Hemingway

Quote from: GodsPROMISE on July 25, 2010, 10:28:23 PM
my one and only! [for now ;) ]

Gwen

Beautiful GP. A lovely photo.......

Hemingway

I cant believe I only found this thread today...... it must have been lying under a pile of coats or something!

GodsPROMISE

i did something similar on my blog as far as cookies CF goes. a day in the life of cystic fibrosis [CF] but i think a picture show of her life would be nice instead of all she does meds and treatments every day!

in a short stack of pics.. here is cookies life. for better and for worse. its not all pretty so be prepared

cookie was born

cookie had abdominal surgery at 2 weeks

cookie wins a cutest baby context with this photo

cookie is hospitalized for her CF

cookie turns 1!

cookie makes a new friend

cookie loves life

cookie turns 2!

cookie is hospitalized again

cookie gets a big girl room for her birthday! [although a little late due to the hospital]

cookie loves the beach

and cookie loves her little brother or sister

JadedPulse

She is seriously one of the cutest kids I have ever seen. I love her! <3

urs

Oh yeah? Well, I can't believe how good looking all these kids are! Or maybe I shouldn't be surprised at all, considering the superior gene pools floating around.

And GP - congratulations, and - what a doll! I am so sorry for everything y'all have to deal with. I cannot even begin to imagine what that's like. I will keep you in my thoughts and hope for the best for you all.

My son and I:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5527213&l=394e320006&id=588123460

My daughter as a rainbow fairy for halloween:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5507061&l=d5ade45e59&id=588123460

Hemingway

Oh GP congrats! You have a beautiful child and I am sure the new arrival will be just as lovely.

URS they are lovely pics. You are both blessed with lovely kids.

Poor Hem has none......  ||sad||

Think I'll have to knuckle down and sort that situation out!  ||smiley||

GodsPROMISE

Quote from: Hemingway on April 12, 2011, 04:41:00 PM
Think I'll have to knuckle down and sort that situation out!  ||smiley||
knuckling down doesnt usually produce kids hem  ||unsure||

Hemingway

Quote from: GodsPROMISE on April 12, 2011, 04:46:06 PM
knuckling down doesnt usually produce kids hem  ||unsure||

^ Hem see what you did there.............

HeyThere

some of my fave shots of the love my life, and the most awesomest kid i know!

oh, and a little Joe Strummer in the making...

Hemingway: You madam, are a tease! Dangling a whiskey bottle and an apron in front of Lord Hemingsworth and not capturing the moment on celluloid is akin to Hitler invading Poland in 1939.

Ratman

Oh GP, your going to have a baby!!!  Yay!!!  ||thumbs|| ||beerchug||

I do hope Cookie gets better and I got misty eyed looking at her pics.  ||sad||

HeyThere,  What a handsome little man you have there. +1

Mrs. P, what a great pic of your son. +1

Hemingway

HeyThere he is sooooo cute! A rock star in the making foe sho.........

A cute little fella! Well done madam!  ||thumbs||

HeyThere

thanks y'all. he's quite a character! here's an older one of him, but too golden not to post!

Hemingway: You madam, are a tease! Dangling a whiskey bottle and an apron in front of Lord Hemingsworth and not capturing the moment on celluloid is akin to Hitler invading Poland in 1939.

Hemingway

Yeah!!!!

Guy Five little man!

Ha ha......  ||grin||

Honey Bunny

Maddison at roughly 3 months old

her 2nd halloween

last spring

chilling at the park

at about 18ish months old

and now

<3

*boops your nose*

Ratman

Awesome Honey bunny!!!  +1.  What a beautiful baby she is.

Honey Bunny

Thank you Ratty. She's my world <3
*boops your nose*

Hemingway

Beautiful Child HB.... +1

Pastafarian

Kaylee and mommy 1 week or so old

a year or so ago

More recent

Shaaaaaame!  ||sad||

leese

Beauty all around...thanks  everyone  for sharing them.

Ratman

Rat daughter with a rat lol.

Krisikins

i have none... however

this is Reuben James (my nephew)

on the day he was born

and heres him being cute

clearly they're old he's 3 now...

and this is Emilia Rose (my neice) and me chillin'

---------------------
this is Ruby now

and this is Meanie not so long ago, shes only 9 months old
I'm not convinced of the existence of these things that don't exist...

acctnt_shan

Aww, +1 and thanks for sharing Auntie Kris!   ||smiley||

Hemingway

Lovely pics Pasta and Krisi!  ||thumbs||

Jubal Early

My daughter and her new 'do.  She turned 15 last weekend.

She feels that she is clearly responsible for the microburst at the track on Saturday.  Everytime she goes, there is severe weather.

leese

My awesome grownup daughter.

Her and my someday son-in-law.

rickymooston

Quote from: leese on June 07, 2011, 02:20:31 AM
My awesome grownup daughter.

Can't blame you for bragging!!! She showed her true awesomeness when you were sick and she let us all know how you were doing.

Best wishes to her on her upcoming marriage?

Does your awesome daughter ever smile?

Standing on Evil's stone is a bit creepy by the way.
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

leese

Quote from: rickymooston on June 07, 2011, 12:21:50 PM

QuoteBest wishes to her on her upcoming marriage?
No date set, but it's a given they're  putting it on paper.
QuoteDoes your awesome daughter ever smile?
very often.
QuoteStanding on Evil's stone is a bit creepy by the way.
She's a fan and not creeped out by graves. Me neither.

Yog

My niece, Gabriela Rainbow;

Nearly newborn and tiring Daddy out;

Showing her future punk rock chick credentials;

And her flower power cred after her traditional Serbian Orthodox baptism;

Sharp as a tack this one;

Yog

Hemingway

JudoChop

For some unknown reason I can't get them both to look at the camera at the same time... :(

Hemingway

Very cute Judo.

Perhaps they cannot bare to look at your ugly mug for extended periods even when you are behind the camera?

Just saying..........  ||whistling||

acctnt_shan

Aww Judo munchkins!  So adorable  ||smiley||

And beautiful niece Yog!!!

FGOH

I love the punk rocker shot of Yog's niece. What a girl! And always lovely to see pics of Judo's two. I bet he gets kept heavily in order with all those females in his house.

JudoChop

I bet you're right as well... ;)

kevin

tree house day

the cantilevered beams are still waiting for me to install a zip line through the trees down to the spring box

it's built over a steep bank, so it's a short climb to get into and a long fall to get out of

Hemingway

Put some hand rails on the death trap Kevin!

As they say around my way, "Jaysus..... sure you would talk that thing down!"   ||wink||

Dadzilla

I love the newborn pics Yog - she's such a pretty baby!  Chop, I think your girls are darling!

Here are my two back in '98 on a trip to Cedar Point in OH. They are using their souvenir cups for musical instruments.

Here's a pic of me and my oldest taken a few months back.

Mrs Pumpkin

Most recent one of my boy....he's growing up too fast!

Shylala

heehee, do I see the beginnings of a mustache?

Handsome boy Mrs P. Stunning eyes, just like his mom

Mrs Pumpkin

Quote from: Shylala on June 18, 2011, 10:35:49 AM
heehee, do I see the beginnings of a mustache?

Handsome boy Mrs P. Stunning eyes, just like his mom

lol, you do indeed - he needs to have (another) shave!

Thank you Shy :)  He does get complimented on his eyes a lot - very blue, like his dads - who's eyes made me fall for him all those years ago in the first place (just hope my boy doesn't turn out like his dad!!)

Krisikins

Quote from: kevin on June 17, 2011, 02:50:22 PM

tree house day

the cantilevered beams are still waiting for me to install a zip line through the trees down to the spring box

it's built over a steep bank, so it's a short climb to get into and a long fall to get out of

+1 thats awesome, similar to what i had!!!

HeyThere

3 (out of 5) of my nieces and my son...

Jubal Early

My daughter with Eric Vale (yes as in Hetalia) in May. She is wearing a wig.

My daughter at Chicagoland Speedway in June.  Not wearing a wig (her hair is a soft brown color).

Jubal Early

It was a bit chilly at Chicagoland Speedway 2 weeks ago.  But my daughter & I endured.

TrisTennant

Jubal Early

BTW, Happy Full Metal Alchemist Day!  [October 3, '11 is the day the Ed & Al began their journey]

TrisTennant

Yep, my FMA roleplay page is already celebrating.  ||cheesy||

||heart|| FMA.

Jubal Early

I'm wearing my FMA homunculus symbol necklace. Looks good with my suit.  My regular messenger bag for work is also FMA with "Don't forget 3-Oct. 11" printed on it.

TrisTennant

I updated my backpack. It's now the Mustang messenger bag. I should put my FMA t-shirt back on.

Jubal Early

Colonel Mustang bag?!  I haven't seen that one.  I have the Colonel on my keychain (since I drive a Mustang).

TrisTennant

I'm getting a Mustang keychain. I found a purple Mustang that I would get my license for. LOL.

Jubal Early

I am surprised but I do not have a photo of my Mustang online anywhere.  That needs to be rectified!  However, it does look exactly like this one:
http://shaman.us.to/node/25

TrisTennant

www. hokysmokesthatisaprettycar .com

EDIT: NOES! The purple Mustang is only for the military.

Jubal Early

This is me with my Colonel Mustang (yep, actually registered the car with Microsoft under that name).

TrisTennant

*dies* It's so pretty. I actually got into a discussion of the car (the whole line, not yours) on my FMA role playing page.

Yog

I gotta watch this damn show.

Soooo, RTT.. that mustang is your other baby then?

Jubal Early

Yog, it is well-written and the voice actors do a wonderful job.  It started with my daughter watching it and now the whole family loves it.

Oh, and very much yes, this is my baby.

Jubal Early

My daughter at Witches Night Out. Gazing at Earth from the Moon

Full outfit

Dramatic pose in the museum

Jezzebelle

yay!  halloween costumes! +1 jubal... Here's my baby before her school party

It's so damn easy to say that life's so hard

Maggie the Opinionated

^ That child is the complete explanation of why I have always longed for a daughter! How cute is that? (We will overlook the fact that it is the male of the species that has the gaudy plummage...).

Jezzebelle

Quote from: Maggie the Opinionated on October 30, 2011, 04:52:26 PM
^ That child is the complete explanation of why I have always longed for a daughter! How cute is that? (We will overlook the fact that it is the male of the species that has the gaudy plummage...).

she would complete all your dreams too... she is the epitome of glitter, sparkles, pink, and everything "girl"

Jubal Early

Quote from: Jezzebelle on October 30, 2011, 04:39:36 PM
yay!  halloween costumes! +1 jubal... Here's my baby before her school party

That's so clever, I love it!!   +1 to you as well.

kevin

daughters can be problematic

so can sons, i suppose

Jubal Early

But they learn-ed that from Papa, no?

kevin

you saw that, huh?

shawna flatly refused to participate.

Jezzebelle

Ratman

He is the one red right?  Nice pics Jezz.

Maggie the Opinionated

Jezz-- that is so cute! Have you ever been arrested for interfering with a coach or referee? If not, all is well.

Jezzebelle

Quote from: Maggie the Opinionated on January 20, 2012, 07:57:33 PM
Jezz-- that is so cute! Have you ever been arrested for interfering with a coach or referee? If not, all is well.

well my husband is his official mat coach... and the only trouble i get in with him is not filming properly because i'm yelling too much  ||blushie||

He's done great so far this year, one meet he got gold, and this meet he got silver (with 3 wins, 2 pins, and only one loss).  he's getting ready for state next month!

Luigi

Does it have to be my OWN kid?   ||think||

How about my nephew?

He takes after his favorite auntie.  ||luigillama||

JudoChop

Ratman

Your kids are in the petting zoo?  ||shocked||

Maggie the Opinionated

The older girl definitely knows to flirt with the camera. The younger girl is, however, giving off a "get that thing outta my face" vibe. Love these pictures. They are so unbelievably cute.

JadedPulse

Adorable as always, Judo. How they came from you, I'll never know. ||razz||

+1

GodsPROMISE

Shylala

I can haz judos kids? and E's? so. adorable. really guys. stop making me all drooly over kids. Im too young for this.

JadedPulse

You can have the others, but Tootsie is MINE! I've had dibs on her since before she was even born!!! Hehe.

||godspromise||

Mrs Pumpkin

Me and my boy - he's 13 in a few weeks time and is still my baby <3  He really is not happy with his photo being taken at the moment lol, had to drag him into this one!

Maggie the Opinionated

Ratman

Very nice Mrs. P. And somebody has lost some weight and she looks awesome.  ||thumbs||

Mrs Pumpkin

Quote from: Ratman on January 23, 2012, 05:13:58 PM
Very nice Mrs. P. And somebody has lost some weight and she looks awesome.  ||thumbs||

Thanks Ratty, and thanks for noticing my weight loss :) 

kevin

Ratman

Life can't get much better than that ^^

Luigi

Aww, I want to climb a tree now! It's too dark now, I'll have to wait until tomorrow. See if I can beat my record.  ||grin||

Airyaman

Please take a moment to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Atlanta, and Sweden.

Jezzebelle

Jubal Early

Beautiful!!!

Has she asked for her own credit card yet?  (Mine did at at 2)

Hemingway

^ LOL...... Women eh?

Good to see you posting again Jubal. You are missed round these here parts!  ||kissies||

Jubal Early

Oh, NOW you try to be nice to me.  ROFL    ||beerchug||

Hemingway

Hem loves everyone....... well except the debble.   ||devil|| <--- Look at old snake hips Nick there! Plotting away as he gyrates to that damn Rock n Roll music all the kids are yapping about.

No Hemlove for him! No Sir!

Jubal Early

My daughter went to a convention in Chicago last weekend.  She is the Black Butler.

TrisTennant

I will go to the next one Vic is at. Or at least email him.

Maybe I should get my Kevin to go as Roy so I can go as a female Ed.

Jubal Early

We want to dress our 7 year old niece as Ed, she is short and blond.  ||grin||

TrisTennant

I just need the coat and a few other items.

Jubal Early

Daughter is trying to talk me into getting her the full Colonel Mustang costume.  I'm thinking maybe for her birthday in May.  I just bought her two wigs - one for Hungary, one for Prussia.

TrisTennant

Jezzebelle

Quote from: Jubal Early on January 26, 2012, 06:41:41 PM
Beautiful!!!

conversation that just happened tonight between us (she's four):

Z- "mom, i'm going to need you to buy me a car when i'm a grown-up"

Me- "why?"

Z- "because i don't have any money!"

Me- "well how do you get money?"

Z- "go to work."

Me- "so maybe you should get a job when you're a grown-up so you can get money and buy you're own car."

Z- "ugh...how will I get to a work without a car mom??" (said with the attitude of a true 17 year old)

||collapse||

Maggie the Opinionated

That is adorable... and pretty much unanswerable!

davdi

A Grandson is on the way, third week of June is projected day for delivery.  Baptism on July 22, 2012.  Finally, someone to inherit the 1812 pulpit Bible bought by my ancestors on their way through Philadelphia to Ohio.  Yeah.  It's what my Grandpa wanted.
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no oto

καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν.

Maggie the Opinionated

What is he getting for his 5th birthday? Where will he go to college? Y'all seem to have done some serious preplanning!

Just kidding-- this is great news. Grandkids, nieces and nephews are a blast. And you get to walk away the minute they get tiresome.

IrishMauddib

Mine just wants to give everyone and everything HUGS.....

JudoChop

Quote from: Jezzebelle on January 27, 2012, 12:42:12 AM
Quote from: Jubal Early on January 26, 2012, 06:41:41 PM
Beautiful!!!

conversation that just happened tonight between us (she's four):

Z- "mom, i'm going to need you to buy me a car when i'm a grown-up"

Me- "why?"

Z- "because i don't have any money!"

Me- "well how do you get money?"

Z- "go to work."

Me- "so maybe you should get a job when you're a grown-up so you can get money and buy you're own car."

Z- "ugh...how will I get to a work without a car mom??" (said with the attitude of a true 17 year old)

||collapse||

The answer to this riddle is "bus".

davdi

Quote from: Maggie the Opinionated on January 27, 2012, 12:58:43 PM
What is he getting for his 5th birthday? Where will he go to college? Y'all seem to have done some serious preplanning!

Just kidding-- this is great news. Grandkids, nieces and nephews are a blast. And you get to walk away the minute they get tiresome.

Thank you, MTO.  All those other things are just gravy, aren't they?
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no oto

Jezzebelle

Quote from: JudoChop on January 27, 2012, 02:00:21 PM

The answer to this riddle is "bus".

oh how i wish... you've clearly never been to atlanta and seen our non-existent public transportation :(

+1 irish!!!!  Omg so sweet and cute  ||wub||

Ratman

+1 Irish.  Super cute that guy is.

Hemingway

+1 IM.... what a cute little kid!  ||smiley||

IrishMauddib

She is not so cute today having infected me and her mother with some lurgy or other she picked up at Kindergarten. We are miserable and she is jolly and milking our pain for amusement  ||smiley||

acctnt_shan

Wait, does kindergarten mean something different where you're at, or is that an old picture?  Kindergarten is for kids 5-6 years old around here.

IrishMauddib

Yea bad habit. I mean "creche". Or "die Krippe" as it is called here in Germany.

FGOH

Die Krippe sounds like some kind of disease. Apt, in this case, I guess. Hope you feel better soon.

IrishMauddib

Getting there slowly, just a cough left, the rest of the awful symptoms long gone.

Actually for some reason they also call it the Flohkiste there too. This essentially means "box of fleas". I am not sure if they all do that or just the one we use. No one else I talk to has heard of it so I am guessing the latter.

Luigi

My sister just put up a toddler bed for her son because he would scream if he woke up in a crib. This way when he wakes up, he can get out of bed and go wake my sister up. Anyway, the first morning "in" his toddler bed:

Jezzebelle

what i spent my super bowl doing ...

||heart|| ||heart|| ||heart||

GodsPROMISE

JudoChop

Lolz, I just found this while sifting through photos.

Nice hair!

Maggie the Opinionated

That is unbearably adorable! I just can't wait to see them all dolled up for church ...  ||whistling||

JudoChop

Hemingway

Judo that pic is so cute. I so want to be a daddy when I see pics like that.

Babies clean up after themselves, cost next to nothing and are constantly quiet right?

Meat

<<----------<<< Little Meats.

Meat

^Thanks. Daddy's very proud.  ||grin||

Maggie the Opinionated

Wow, that is a good looking brood.

Meat

Thanks Maggie O. Hard to believe huh?  ||grin||

Maggie the Opinionated

Well, yeah, if you were telling the truth about having a mullet 20 years ago.

Meat

She let me run 3 kids through her then snip snip.  ||grin||

Luigi

Hey, I had a mullet when I was a kid (because I kept cutting the front of my hair) and I turned out pretty decent!

Jezzebelle

beautiful kids meat! +1

you're in trouble with those girls!

Meat

^Thank you sweetheart. Dad is busy screening the boys.  ||grin||

Meat

Quote from: Luigi on February 11, 2012, 04:15:04 AM
Hey, I had a mullet when I was a kid (because I kept cutting the front of my hair) and I turned out pretty decent!
Mullets are underrated.  ||beerchug||

leese

Nice work you you do there ,Meat.

Meat

GodsPROMISE

Mrs Pumpkin

Where has that time gone? From a little baby, to a little boy to my little man...Happy 13th Birthday son! Lots of love ? ? ?

Put these two pictures side by side - taken in the same spot in the garden - and both happened to be in the snow!

Meat

Luigi

You have a good lookin' son, Mrs. P. Good job!  ||smiley||

Mrs Pumpkin

Quote from: Luigi on February 17, 2012, 06:18:13 PM
You have a good lookin' son, Mrs. P. Good job!  ||smiley||

Thank you Luigi! :)

catwixen

Jezzebelle

Thanks Urs!

She LOVES it!   ||heart||

urs

Oh, she looks so cuuuuute! I love the matching Popsicle ans tights, too. So glad y'all like it!

I forgot to mention in the note that if it gets wrinkly or squished up - and they inevitably do when you try to stuff them in drawers or closets - just throw it in the dryer for a little bit and it will refluff, no problem. And man, I can't wait to finish this huge monstrosity of an adult poofy skirt and get pics of it up. It's ri.dic.u.lous.

GodsPROMISE

cookie & tootsie
[almost] 3 years & [almost] 3 months

urs

Cute. Cute. Cute. Adorable. And cute.

Maggie the Opinionated

Oh good grief y'all! The green popsicle and tutu (and the child attached to them) are adorable. Cookie is precious as always but the baby!! She is growing so fast! She looks so alert and interested in something (i am guessing the photographer). In this picture, at least, the resemblance between the sisters is very strong.

JadedPulse

I LOVE ZOE.

I LOVE COOKIE AND GENNY-FACE!

*dies*

JudoChop

Oh what the hell, I've just shared this on Facebook.

Here is a picture of my little angel expressing that she'd hurt her finger...

Which one Hollie?

Oh....

Spoiler
[close]

Luigi

Oh my god Judo, you seriously have the cutest daughters ever. *high fives Judo for good lookin genes*

FGOH

My grandson and his foot fetish.

JudoChop

Aww bless, were they your crazy socks FG?

acctnt_shan

Look how beautiful his golden locks are!

Maggie the Opinionated

The IGI record of gorgeous children continues! FG-- Oliver (I think that is his name?) has grown, since last we saw him.

FGOH

+1 for remembering the name correctly Maggie. Indeed he has grown. He is nearly 7 months old now.

Judo - those socks belong to his father. I am the one stopping him from commando crawling too far.

JudoChop

Ooh! 7 month old teeth, like bloody razor blades they are. I was thinking about muzzling my two.

Jezzebelle

Maggie the Opinionated

AAARGGH! too much cuteness!

acctnt_shan

Just what the forum ordered!  Glittery cute-ness!

More kid photos people!!!   

Lillium

Meow?

Maggie the Opinionated

Meat

<<----------<<<<   The boy getting ready to take care of business!  ||grin||

Luigi

Oh good gawd, +1 to everyone who recently posted pictures of their kids.

The folks around here must have some good genes to produce such good lookin' kids!

Lillium

This is my son on his first birthday.
Meow?

davdi

He is a doll, very handsome.
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no oto

Maggie the Opinionated

FGOH

Your son is gorgeous GG.

What I want to know is why the boys always get the best eyelashes!

davdi

Huh! not quite what i had in mind but the one in the middle is Curlyfry.
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no oto

Luigi

My nephew turned 2 on Thursday. ||sad|| He's growing up so fast!

P.S. This picture is from a few weeks ago (as I still have my braces on). I don't have any from his birthday and his party is tomorrow.

acctnt_shan

Haha love the glasses -  too cute Luigi!

kevin

shish kabob

ingredients:

perfect day
perfect wife
perfect kids
some shish kabob

mix well, enjoy it.

Meat

^The kid in the yellow shirt looks like the mischievious type.  ||grin||

FGOH

Jezzebelle

Maggie the Opinionated

You must have ESP, Jezz. I have been thinking about PMing you to get your tail back here. I must have my fix of cute kids or I get very cranky! You know what is scary? She is starting to look more and more grown up.

Speaking of which, FG, has Oliver shown any musical talent or did someone think that it might be fun to listen to a toddler bang on drums?

Jezzebelle

Thank you :)

Ok, one more!

FGOH

Great pics Jezz. Maggie, Oliver's dad (and grandad) play drums. Oliver has clearly been watching dad because when he sits at the kit he certainly knows how to move around it.

kevin

my kids spotted a little baby bullsnake down at the swimming hole yesterday

had been sheddding its skin in the vines above the water and was climbing out.

you australians don't know what it's like to live where most any snake is harmless

Hemingway

Hemingway

Quote from: FGOH on May 08, 2012, 04:50:20 PM
The boy learns quick!

Is that a groupie grabbing the shirt FGOH?

Starting early......

GodsPROMISE

gwendolynn (cookie) & genevieve (tootsie)

both girls doing well enough. gwen has her feeding tube in place and feedings go 9 hours over night. they are helping her to maintain her weight. toots is doing really well. no real sign of CF even though she was shown positive through DNA... shes a great eater and loves to keep us up at night  ||grin||

JadedPulse

<3

I can't wait to snuggle them!

Maggie the Opinionated

They are so precious. I was just thinking the other day that I hadn't seen any of the IGI kiddies in a while. Glad you posted them. I can't believe how big the baby is getting.

Pastafarian

Growing up too fast :-(

catwixen

Awww ^ little hippie flower. Too beautiful Pasta.

Pastafarian

Ratman

Nice looking daughter Pasta.  She must take after mom.  ||grin||

Pastafarian

JudoChop

One-upmanship at its very finest.  ||Kerly||

FGOH

Such lovely girls, Judo.

JudoChop

It's a shame I didn't get a shot of Hollie pushing Lia to the sofa before hogging the camera. :D

Maggie the Opinionated

I can never get over how cute they are. But now even Hollie is a big girl! Your babies are growing up...

Pastafarian

Ratman

Judo, you need to start practicing your mean stern look for when a boy comes a-calling. Also you might get a tire iron and maybe some nun chucks?  ||whistling||

JudoChop

Quote from: Ratman on June 29, 2012, 12:51:56 PM
Judo, you need to start practicing your mean stern look for when a boy comes a-calling. Also you might get a tire iron and maybe some nun chucks?  ||whistling||

The last thing I'd do if a boy came to my doorstep is offer to change his tyre or flail the husk from his rice grain.

Meat

<<<-----------<><><<< Giddy up!  ||grin||

Woodrow LI

Quote from: JudoChop on June 29, 2012, 12:57:28 PM

The last thing I'd do if a boy came to my doorstep is offer to change his tyre or flail the husk from his rice grain.

Took me a minute to realize what you meant. but when it finally sunk into my thick head you got a +1

FGOH

Meat! I keep missing your pics. Have a care for those of us on European time.

Meat

Quote from: FGOH on July 01, 2012, 04:03:24 PM
I'll reschedule when I pound down my six pack of liquid courage.  ||beerchug||

Woodrow LI

Quote from: Meat on July 01, 2012, 08:46:49 PM
Quote from: FGOH on July 01, 2012, 04:03:24 PM
I'll reschedule when I pound down my six pack of liquid courage.  ||beerchug||

The Gals will be waiting.

While I find you to be a ice guy and interesting, I don't have as much need to see your mug as the ladies seem o have. But, now if you were URS, That might be diffrent, provided my wife isn't armed.

Meat

^They're more interested in my kids. "How did he make those" and such.  ||grin||

JudoChop

Quote from: Woodrow LI on July 01, 2012, 03:46:38 PM
Quote from: JudoChop on June 29, 2012, 12:57:28 PM

Took me a minute to realize what you meant. but when it finally sunk into my thick head you got a +1

My faith in humankind is now restored. ;)

rickymooston

Quote from: JudoChop on June 29, 2012, 11:43:08 AM
One-upmanship at its very finest.  ||Kerly||

Lol. Can we see your stern look too?

Jubal Early

My daughter as "Harry Potter" and her friend is "Draco Malfoy." Tourists were taking more photos of them than the car and store.

Jubal Early

And so he doesn't feel left out, my son who loves all things Tron.  (No, I don't know why.)

kevin

Quote from: Jubal Early on July 03, 2012, 07:31:42 PM
My daughter as "Harry Potter" and her friend is "Draco Malfoy." Tourists were taking more photos of them than the car and store.

bathtub nash!

arrgghh  weren't they ugly? they still are.

your girl is much prettier than that auto

Jubal Early

We were at Antiques Archaeology, the store from the TV show "American Pickers."  Everyone takes photos of the car because it is the opening shot of the show.  The store in LeClaire, Iowa, is teeny tiny.  No, we did not see Mike and Frank.  And Danielle who now has her own store next door, went out one door as we entered.  My daughter scored by getting some vintage clothing.  She was very happy.

The cashier called all the other store staff down to see "Harry" and "Draco."  LOL

This is my son's girlfriend after finishing the Warrior Dash a few weeks ago.  We were all very proud of her.  I didn't even mind the hug that left mud all down my back.

Jamestr

From left, my wife Ann, my daughters Alana and Nastassja, and me, at the Golden Gate. This was our last vacation as a family, in June 2010, before Ann got too ill to travel. After this we drove to Point Reyes--beautiful.

Added: the four of us at our wedding in 1991.

Hemingway

Great photos Jubal and Jamestr! +1's all round!

Jamestr

Meat

<<----------<<<<< Little Meat. FGOH gets a peek.  ||grin||

acctnt_shan

Hope that wasn't a "for her eyes only" thing - cute!   ||smiley||

Ratman

Hmmm, Meat and little Meat.  Has a nice ring to it.  ||grin||

FGOH

Quote from: Meat on July 07, 2012, 02:51:51 AM

Waaaaaah! That was at 3.51am our time!

Meat

Quote from: FGOH on July 07, 2012, 01:37:49 PM
Quote from: Meat on July 07, 2012, 02:51:51 AM

Waaaaaah! That was at 3.51am our time!
Oops!  ||grin||

FGOH

Ratman

It should be Meat Head Farmer.  ||grin||

Lillium

This is my son on my annual visit with him.  We went through an open adoption process and gave him to a childless family who was unable to conceive on their own because at the time, we were unable to care for him.  I really miss him, but I am glad that I had the opportunity to give a couple a chance to raise a child.
Meow?

leese

^^He's a beautiful little boy, GG. I think it's great that you have an open adoption and his parents aren't insecure about the ability for a child to love all of his parents. The ones that parent daily, and the ones that love and cherish him on from a distance.

Ratman

+1 GG.  You are a wonderful person.  ||hug||

Dee Oh Double Gee

Quote from: GamerGirl on September 16, 2012, 05:17:10 AM

This is my son on my annual visit with him.  We went through an open adoption process and gave him to a childless family who was unable to conceive on their own because at the time, we were unable to care for him.  I really miss him, but I am glad that I had the opportunity to give a couple a chance to raise a child.

Hi GG.

I ask this with the best of intentions: did you clear it with your son's adopted family to post the photo (lovely photo) online?

Lillium

^ Yes.  As long as they're not in it.  I have their permission to post pictures of him on facebook and similar sites.
Meow?

Maggie the Opinionated

He is a beautiful boy. Just beautiful. He looks quite a bit like you, too.

Lillium

Thanks!! :D

Here's a family photo.
Meow?

Dee Oh Double Gee

Quote from: GamerGirl on September 16, 2012, 07:37:23 PM
^ Yes.  As long as they're not in it.  I have their permission to post pictures of him on facebook and similar sites.

||thumbs||

none

||wink||
the candle can only be lit so many times.

leese

^^I'm so sorry about the White-out accident she had. Praying for you and your family, none.

Jezzebelle

Well it's football season!  So I have a never ending supply of adorable kid's pics :D

Maggie the Opinionated

PamM

Lillium

Is it too soon to show off my daughter?

And a scary looking image too!

Meow?

Game

Science is about understanding the world.
Business is about making other people misunderstand it.

Intelligently designed. Gets skin cancer from sun.

Maggie the Opinionated

They are so cute. This continues a long tradition of IGI having the cutest children on the planet.

leese

I  just applauded Game's dogs. I like dogs, a lot. Had I known about that adorable little girl and boy in this thread; the dogs would have been tossed aside.

leese

Gongrats, GG! I don't know if she's cute yet. Get back to us on that

rickymooston

Quote from: Jezzebelle on September 29, 2012, 04:19:50 PM
Well it's football season!  So I have a never ending supply of adorable kid's pics :D

Well, that makes sense, given that you have two adorable kids at home

Where do the green eyes come from? Which side? Yours or your husbands?

How are the Ravens doing this year.

I know nothing about NFL. The NHL is closed this season and that means more free time for me, lol.

I don't forsee my wife being interested in me starting that up again in full.

Dee Oh Double Gee

Hemingway

+1's to Jess, GG and Game for adorable kiddie pics and a special congrats to GG! Best of luck with the pregnancy!  ||beerchug||

Jezzebelle

Quote from: rickymooston on September 30, 2012, 06:06:59 PM
Quote from: Jezzebelle on September 29, 2012, 04:19:50 PM

Well, that makes sense, given that you have two adorable kids at home

Where do the green eyes come from? Which side? Yours or your husbands?

both, my husband has blue/green eyes and my dad and sister also do.

How are the Ravens doing this year.

Very good, Ray Lewis is a beast..... not sure what that has to do with anything though :/

Game

Quote from: Jezzebelle on October 03, 2012, 12:29:11 AM

Blue/green as in color or as in genes?

Jezzebelle

Quote from: Game on October 03, 2012, 05:22:54 AM
Quote from: Jezzebelle on October 03, 2012, 12:29:11 AM

Blue/green as in color or as in genes?

Both?  His eyes are mostly blue, sometimes green.  So therefore it's in his genes as well as me being a blue/green carrier from my dad.

Game

"Jump?" "No"

Interimistic kid's swing deluxe

leese

Kids giggling; best sound ever. Thanks for sharing them!

Jezzebelle

Alice!  School Halloween Party!

Maggie the Opinionated

What a cynical bid for applauds. You know she is adorable and will attract them!

Jezzebelle

Yes, and as you can see I have no influence over her at all.... peac**k last year, and Alice this year  ||whistling||

Traveler

Game! You have a whippet!!!  ||thumbs||

Ok, cute kid, too.  ||grin||

I have a greyhound and several Italian greyhounds. No kids of my own, so a sighthound draws my attention first.  ||whistling||
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Game

We have two whippets actually, there's some pics in the pets photo thread.

We actually wanted italians to begin with, but when we looked into it it seemed that whippets were a better fit for us since they need less exercise and kids can better handle them.

Sighthounds are awesome dogs. Do you also try to push the breed on anyone wanting dogs?

Traveler

Quote from: Game on October 26, 2012, 06:30:56 PM
We have two whippets actually, there's some pics in the pets photo thread.

We actually wanted italians to begin with, but when we looked into it it seemed that whippets were a better fit for us since they need less exercise and kids can better handle them.

Sighthounds are awesome dogs. Do you also try to push the breed on anyone wanting dogs?

Do I push Italians? Not really. They're kind of a specialty breed. Needy. Want to sleep under the covers. Break relatively easily. Easy to step on. For the right people they're the BEST, but they're not a good choice for some people.

Do I push greyhounds? Same sort of thing. I think its very important that people find a dog that meets THEIR needs, so I am very honest about what they're like so that people can make up their own minds.

For me, Italians are the best breed in the world with one shortcoming. Difficult to housetrain completely. I have two indoor potty stations set up (washable potty pads), and so they are perfect. We also have a doggy door. But I also keep them out of the carpeted half of the house, just in case.

Whippets appear to be a bit more "doggy" than greyhounds and IGs. Perhaps a little easier to train, a little more likely to be good off leash if one is so inclined, and I'd heard, more active. My IGs snuggle A LOT. One of them, though, thinks he's a greyhound and runs around with my big girl. Its kind of hilarious to see this little guy strutting around like he owns the place.

I've also had two borzoi in my past. Gorgeous and very nice dogs.

I'll try to get around to posting some dog pics in the pet thread.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Jezzebelle

Both my little monsters for halloween

leese

^^Too cute! Your daughter's smile is always so adorable. It's like she's trying extra hard to give you a good one.

Jezzebelle

They both could use some smile lessons!  That was pic like 10 that only turned out half way decent.... 9 times out of 10, I get this:

It's like she smiles out of one side of her mouth only :D

Better than my boy at that age who always looked like a serial killer in pics with his dead eyes, LOL

leese

SHIN KAIRI

I belong to no church. Religion leads to death.

Hell is not real. The 10 commandments were not done away with.

Yah wishes all be saved.

Check my profile for Truth.

Emily

I'll show you in about 9 months.  ||smiley||

SHIN KAIRI

Quote from: Emily on November 10, 2012, 03:26:43 AM
I'll show you in about 9 months.  ||smiley||

lol, if teh rapture were to happen before dat, u wouldn't even get to see ur child.
I belong to no church. Religion leads to death.

Hell is not real. The 10 commandments were not done away with.

Yah wishes all be saved.

Check my profile for Truth.

Emily

Jezzebelle, your daughter's smile is so precious. Your son, well, he scares me (but he's cute) Please don't take that the wrong way. Such cute kids!

Airyaman

Quote from: Emily on November 10, 2012, 03:53:31 AM
Jezzebelle, your daughter's smile is so precious. Your son, well, he scares me (but he's cute) Please don't take that the wrong way. Such cute kids!

What's to be scared of? No way a killer wears those shoes he's wearing. Those shoes are too laid back for the killing type.

Jezzebelle

LOL!  He's a killer on the football field for sure :D  Playoffs round 2 tomorrow!

Thank you.  They are really good kids... I have no idea where they get it from though :D

Jezzebelle

Here ya go.... sideways smile in all it's glory LOL

leese

^^Who could not love that little girls grin. I hope she keeps some version of it all of her life.

Maggie the Opinionated

Jezzebelle

Thank you guys <3  Sometimes it's hard to keep things like in perspective for things like school pictures, LOL.  but overall I love all the wonky qualities about my kids

Garja

Quote from: SHIN KAIRI on November 10, 2012, 03:32:55 AM

lol, if teh rapture were to happen before dat, u wouldn't even get to see ur child.

Really poor taste. -1 if I had the ability to do that yet.
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, then that of blindfolded fear."
~Thomas Jefferson

Garja

Me and my "kids" a couple Halloweens ago.  Me as Billy Mays (this was the fall after he died), they are wearing Cincinnati Bengals jerseys

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, then that of blindfolded fear."
~Thomas Jefferson

Lillium

Quote from: Garja on November 11, 2012, 10:41:44 PM

As another expecting mom on this forum, I agree.  Extremely poor taste.
Meow?

Emily

I got it, Garja. Ignore Shin, but I am sure you know that from ATT. He's just a troll.

leese

I already did it, but I did it again just for you. ||grin||

Garja

Quote from: leese on November 11, 2012, 11:27:25 PM

I already did it, but I did it again just for you. ||grin||

Well thank you. lol
~Thomas Jefferson

FGOH

Quote from: Jezzebelle on November 10, 2012, 04:04:25 AM
Here ya go.... sideways smile in all it's glory LOL

Cute! She looks like she might be about to speak in Pirate.

Game

My sweet little daughter has apparently misunderstood the whole teen thing - you're supposed that in your teen years, not teen months :)

urs

kevin

made it home in time to escort my number one daughter to the stage for her harvest queen award ceremony.

mom and 14-year old daughter

daughter and friend

couldn't find a moment to get her under the lights by herself before they all bailed, kicked off the stilettos, and ran screaming down the halls

Game

That's twice it won't let me give you karma kevin. Bloody 2 hour limit.

Jezzebelle

Omg + 1 for the shoooooooes!!!

Emily

I'm glad you made it home in time, Kevin.

kevin

i also, em. i drove like a madman from the far western end of lake superior about 1200 miles to ohio and got there with about 30 minutes to spare.

there was a major trauma when we discovered that one of her brothers had squashed the little ear cuff that crowned the outfit. shawna was trying to straighten it and then dropped it down the hot air register into the floor, out of reach in all the lint, leggo pieces, and a rumored dead rat that her brother claimed he saw down there. daughter ran upstairs in tears because her life was ruined.

then her brother agreed to dive down the floor vent to look:

which resulted in the smiles coming back:

but the shoes were indeed something else. they deserve a photo all to themselves

Emily

What a good brother! And a cute cat.

Tom

Obvisously from the pics above Shawna has not been able to teach her eldest daughter anything about wearing sensible shoes.  It seems that her stature was of more importance.

Jezzebelle

I'm glad you got to make the moment kevin :)

Lillium

Yay for making it there on time, Kevin!!

I had a doctor's appointment at 10:30 am and then an assembly for the students I work with at 11:00 am.  On top of the snow, I was able to drive there and make it to the assembly with one minute to spare. :) I got to watch the students sing Veterans day songs and do a history recital.  Then my host teacher was awarded the teacher of the year award in WA state through the American Legion (or something like that).  Really proud of both the teacher and the students today.  They're not my kids, otherwise I'd post pictures.  But I'm their substitute teacher? So I do feel partial to them. :)
Meow?

leese

I don't know which picture I like better; the all grown up shoe pic or the fresh face natural beauty of your barefoot girl. I'll go with the latter. It suits her. Like the others said, glad you made it in time

Hemingway

+1 Kevin! Great pictures!  ||thumbs||

Ratman

What a wonderful Dad you are Kevin. +1 to you.  ||smiley||

Lillium

It's getting closer to her big debut! Here she is on the ultrasound I had today. 

Meow?

Garja

~Thomas Jefferson

Hemingway

+1 GG.... You must be so excited!  ||smiley||

Lillium

Quote from: Garja on November 19, 2012, 01:25:28 PM
Gg. He has your eyes!!!

Oh dear, how can I see now?

(kidding)

Thanks? How can you tell so soon? I've been comparing her ultrasound to her brothers to see if I can predict which features she's gonna have.  I showed it to my dad last night and he said, "Oh yeah, I can tell from this picture that she's gonna have a lot of hair when she's born." lol, wat?

Quote from: Hemingway on November 19, 2012, 05:05:52 PM
+1 GG.... You must be so excited!  ||smiley||

Oh yes.  I've been prepping for the new arrival since October 2011.  I'm super excited about having a baby soon.
Meow?

JudoChop

Okay I'm clearing out my phone so here's some holiday snaps.

Nipper 1 -

Nipper 2 -

Playfighting -

||think||

Hemingway

^ That last pic illustrates you lack of good parenting.

I can see you behind the camera shouting:
"Who ever submits first, gets no ice cream and has to keep dad stocked up with cold beer whilst he watches telly"

Or is that good parenting?  ||think||

JudoChop

When have you seen the ref get involved in MMA? she should have tapped out.

FGOH

You certainly have your hands full with those two!

JudoChop

To be fair it was one of those rare Kodak moments that just needed catching, they usually spend the day covering each other in makeup and building Moshi Monster beds.

Maggie the Opinionated

I am speechless at the overwhelming cuteness on display here. I am also speechless at how big they are getting. Lia is going to be able to take you on any day now!

Garja

^yeah, those are some crazy cute kids
~Thomas Jefferson

FGOH

Our second grandson has arrived.

Maggie the Opinionated

What a pretty baby! I didn't even realize there was another one on the way. Did I miss something or did you keep it to yourself?

FGOH

Thank you. Didn't keep it to myself as such, but I have a feeling I didn't announce it on here. This one is hubs's daughter's boy - her first. He was a big bruiser - 8lb 8oz - and she is a very slender little thing. Yet somehow she remained so quiet during labour that they nearly sent her home as not being ready when he was just about to make his appearance!

leese

Congrats on the gorgeous new family member, FGOH. He looks so peaceful and cozy, I'm tempted to go back to bed.

Hemingway

+1 FGOH.... Beautiful baby!

JudoChop

The latest addition is ubercute, FG. Congrats!

Jezzebelle

Sideways smile and all, lol. 

I love awkward santa pics.... I have every year in a frame in my foyer table during the holidays, my fav was when they were 2 & 6.  baby girl was crying scared and the boy had just had a blue slurpee and looked like a serial killer with his smile :D  it may be my fav pic of them ever.

Maggie the Opinionated

Now that is my idea of precious. It looks like the exact same Santa in each picture. How did you arrange that?

Jezzebelle

Quote from: Maggie the Opinionated on December 24, 2012, 02:12:01 AM
Now that is my idea of precious. It looks like the exact same Santa in each picture. How did you arrange that?

It is.  We go to the same place to see Santa every year.  It costs an arm and a leg, it's a whole light show, santa village, santa shop and rides.  We actually tried to suggest something different this year and I thought my boy was gonna cry...  so this was the 4th year in a row.

leese

Where is Woody's hat?
+1 for Santa pics.
You be sure to tell her,often, how wonderful strangers think her face is, with that grin.

Jezzebelle

Quote from: leese on December 24, 2012, 02:42:09 AM
Where is Woody's hat?
+1 for Santa pics.
You be sure to tell her,often, how wonderful strangers think her face is, with that grin.

Thanks, I'm sure we could both stand to hear it a little more often.  I know I'm often guilty of saying, "just do a normal smile for this picture... pleeeeease??"

Woodrow LI

I no longer have any kids. but I did find a picture online that does look like the kids I had at one time.

leese

You've got to be kidding us, Woodrow.

Woodrow LI

Hemingway

Any chance you two wool stop with the puns already?

Maggie the Opinionated

That hope is shear madness.

Hemingway

Still. I am going to attempt to ram the message home  ||smiley||

leese

Y'all are starting to get my goat with this.

Hemingway

Hoof started all this anyway?  ||think||

leese

I doe know. But cheese, stop it.

Hemingway

Yeah. ..you feta cheese stop it

rickymooston

leese

I see this thread needs a nanny, due to off topic posting.  ||think||

Lillium

Quote from: leese on December 26, 2012, 10:53:00 PM
I see this thread needs a nanny, due to off topic posting.  ||think||

It is a thread about kids--why not baby goats?

Kids do need nanny's though.

I've been trying to schedule my final ultrasound of my pregnancy.  I lost 3.5 pounds in one week.  They're going to do a growth check/ scan to make sure baby is okay...  But I shall post pictures of baby shortly.... especially since she's due in less than 3 weeks.
Meow?

Hemingway

Lillium

Quote from: Hemingway on December 28, 2012, 08:47:21 AM
Good luck with that GG  ||smiley||

Thank you Mister Hemmy Hemmington Hemmingway! Enjoy a kitten.  ||kitten||
Meow?

Garja

I'm finally going to be a Dad!

~Thomas Jefferson

Jezzebelle

Woodrow LI

leese

Quote from: Garja on December 29, 2012, 06:47:03 AM
I'm finally going to be a Dad!

When-ish is your baby due? She/he looks nothing like you.

And, congratulations.  ||beerchug||

Hemingway

Congratulations garga!

Let me be the first to +1 your baby

Garja

Thanks guy, really looking forward to it.  Its a little early to formally "tell everyone", but internet-people are a little different!  s/he is due in late July.
~Thomas Jefferson

Lillium

What?! YES!!! Another one to join the ranks of expecting forum members.  Congratulations Garja!!
Meow?

Augusto

Congratulations... is going to be a long wait...!!! :D

Lillium

Garja:

How do you pronounce your username?

Garja like Gar-ha where it sort of sounds like Baja Fresh (Garja Fresh?!)

Or Garja where the j sounds like Jacques?

Something different?

Here's the only picture I have of my son and I smiling in the same photo:

Meow?

Garja

Hehe, thanks guys, really looking forward to it.  I finally feel old enough to actually be a good father figure.  He/she is due in late July, we officially end the first trimester this Friday, which is when I'm allowed to actually tell ppl, shhhhh.

GG, I used to love listening to ppl on online games and stuff try to tackle that J not really knowing what to do with it.  Most ended up just calling me G or Gar.  When I usually say it with a hard J, or occasionally like Jacques, if I'm feeling spicy.
~Thomas Jefferson

Augusto

leese

^^adorable  Is he scratching his face, or is that to protect you? The little mitts are cute.

Augusto

Those are boxing gloves...!!! :)

Lillium

Meow?

Maggie the Opinionated

Oh, isn't she pretty! I am so glad everyone made it through the ordeal!

leese

I love how happy you look,lil'. It appears she has her mama's dark hair already.  ||heart||

Augusto

Tom

GG nothing stops God's purposes from coming true.  She is a special baby that will bring healing to many.  Your role is to enrich her life so that she will fulfil her destiny.  God Bless.

Shalom

Tom

Hemingway

Oh my GG! Well done hun!

I am so happy for you and your husband! What a beautiful child!

Give that baba a big kiss from uncle Hem!  ||heart||

Maggie the Opinionated

Quote from: leese on January 09, 2013, 07:47:26 PM
I love how happy you look,lil'. It appears she has her mama's dark hair already.  ||heart||

I can't get over how good GG looks. You would never guess that she had done anything more strenuous than sit on her porch sipping lemonade!

Lillium

She's 6 lbs, 7 oz, 19 inches long.  She stopped growing at 36 weeks, just a week before Christmas, was born with two knots in an umbilical cord that was wrapped around her neck, she choked on her own vomit this morning around 5 am, stopped breathing, heart still beating, turned so blue she looked back, was resuscitated, and now is alive and well.  (See video above).

Her name means, "God sees light", while her brother's means, "Healer who like God".  I went with family tradition for baby names for my kids.
Meow?

rickymooston

Emily

So glad she's OK, Lillium.

catwixen

Congrats Lillium, she is beautiful.

Garja

Grats GG, couple days early.
~Thomas Jefferson

Lillium

Meow?

Kiahanie

I liked that as your avatar. Even better full size. +1.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

Emily

Beautiful picture, Lillium.

Lillium

Thanks! I took this myself, with my phone.  Kind of tricky, needed two takes.
Meow?

leese

Mmmmmm...looks like you're enjoying the baby head smell. Best smell in the world. It  ought to be made into  a candle scent. Precious shot there, Lillium

Maggie the Opinionated

Yep. Have you ever noticed that at any gathering when the newborn is being handed around to be ooohed and ahhhed over, every woman, absolutely every one, smells the baby? I can't help but think that is a definite sign of our animal nature. That and babies do smell good.

Lillium

I think the smell of a new baby is better than the smell of a new car.  It's an intoxicating sort of smell.  Especially your own baby.  I mean, other women's babies smell good, but man... my own babies's smell just trumps them all.
Meow?

leese

Putting together Maggie's statement and GG's. Explains GG's reaction to her own infant's smell. I supposed it was an emotionally based preference. Seems there's more to it.

The bond between a mother and her child are much deeper than just emotional heart strings. Pheromones are exchanged in the womb, through breastfeeding, and through other means of physical contact which create a lifelong bond between mothers and their children. Both humans and nonhumans use pheromones as a means of nonverbal communication and maternal ties.

Pheromones also serve as identifiers. Mothers and children can recognize each other by the pheromones each emits.

Fawns use these pheromones to identify their mothers among the female deer in the herd. A fawn may sniff the tarsal glands (located on the insides of the knees of the rear legs) of a number of females before finding the correct one. (Johnson, 1989, p.27)

The pheromones that allow these fawns to recognize their mothers are the chemical make up that they learn while still nestled in their mothers? womb.

Where Does the Bond Begin?

Pheromones begin their mother-infant connection before the baby is ever born. While children are in the womb, they begin recognizing their mother?s pheromones:

http://www.inforefuge.com/science-of-smell-mother-infant-bonding

Lillium

The hormone oxytocin stimulates contractions.  It is also creates bonds, feelings of loves.  They are released at climax during an orgasm.

I just gave you a karma point, Leese, but otherwise, I'd give you another. :)
Meow?

leese

Quote from: Lillium on January 30, 2013, 10:24:23 PM
The hormone oxytocin stimulates contractions.  It is also creates bonds, feelings of loves.  They are released at climax during an orgasm.

I just gave you a karma point, Leese, but otherwise, I'd give you another. :)
There's actually some evidence that masturbation & orgasm, (release of all the good chemicals) during childbirth, helps the process. Both as a technique to  lessen pain and accelerate the labor. It's suggested a partner do this along with perineum massage. I don't actually know anyone who tried the orgasm part. We're a bit too tightly wound in the U.S. to take the sex out of body function.

Garja

Quote from: Maggie the Opinionated on January 30, 2013, 01:07:10 PM
Yep. Have you ever noticed that at any gathering when the newborn is being handed around to be ooohed and ahhhed over, every woman, absolutely every one, smells the baby? I can't help but think that is a definite sign of our animal nature. That and babies do smell good.

Quotehttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDsmX4fB9pVFHONMYVPJb_gzD7tTMIxdN7zDBKUSEx1FmqAhlZ
Just says "WTF you lookin' at?"
~Thomas Jefferson

Maggie the Opinionated

Actually, one of the most touching human interest stories I ever read was about a gorilla mom in a zoo. The mama kept hiding her baby behind her disappointing the onlookers who wanted to see him. One mother trying to see the baby got an idea. She took her little baby out of his stroller and slowly waved him back and forth in front of the gorilla mom. The g-mom got the message loud and clear. She got her baby out and waved him gently in front of the human mom. Two mothers boasting about their babies!

I hope that story is true. It is so sweet it needs to be.

Garja

^meh, no consequences to it being false.
~Thomas Jefferson

Jezzebelle

Valentine's Day / Sideways smile edition!

JudoChop

Hollie warming up for dance class, about to Gangnam the hell out of the place.

leese

Cuteness quota, exceeded for the day.

GodsPROMISE

leese

^^shameless karma ploy. love it.

GodsPROMISE

Lillium

2 days before my Jellie Bean's first month age milestone.  She's reached a new record for age: 1 month and 9 days old.  Tomorrow, she'll break this record aging in at 1 month and 10 days. 

Okay, that's my dorky way of saying, "Yay, she's getting older!" <3 I love her, I do.
Meow?

Jezzebelle

Oh.me.gee. y'all!  I just got baby girl's school photos for this year... and they are the best ones she's ever had done!  I've never had the problem of having to pick which one I like best... it's always, "which one is not the worse" LOL.  So help me pick!  Which one do you like best?  1,2,3:

I'm so happy... lookit those ears in the last one!  *dies*

Tish

"Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill."
Buddha

Tish

Buddha

Tish

Buddha

Maggie the Opinionated

I say 1. No 2. No 1. One has the non-crooked smile and fabulous ears. They are all cute. I can't possibly choose!!!!  Why do you heap such pressure on me????

Lillium

I like 2 best.  Then 3 as a close second.  However, they're all lovely pictures, so really, it's a tough decision to make.  Get them all?
Meow?

Garja

I say 1, it's a classic pose, but it's classic for a reason.  3 is a strong contender though.
~Thomas Jefferson

urs

Dammit Jess, they're all good!

leese

I LOVE #3 for the genuine going to laugh look. But #1 has ears, smile and more of her little self in the pic.

Hemingway

You're all mad.......

#1 by a mile. Waaaaay cool.

*rubber stamps*

Jezzebelle

decision made!  I'll be getting all 3 and putting in a 3 part frame :)

thanks all!  <3

Garja

Quote from: Jezzebelle on February 20, 2013, 06:07:00 PM
decision made!  I'll be getting all 3 and putting in a 3 part frame :)

thanks all!  <3

Well.... thats just not a decision at all!  ||wink||
~Thomas Jefferson

Maggie the Opinionated

Actually, it is definitely a good idea. What if the finished color product makes enough of a difference to make us wish we had chosen another? I say buying all three is necessary just to be on the safe side!

Jezzebelle

I don't get to see the color product  ||sad||  I suppose I could email the photog and ask her for the color copies.  They do 3 photo sessions a year- fall, spring, summer (this was spring) and this time's theme was "Black and White."  The fall ones were not great and I didn't buy any, so I was holding out that these would be halfway decent (we've never had good school ones!). 

If I had to pick a favorite then I would say #3... it's so very her!

Here was the fall one :/

Maggie the Opinionated

Actually, i love black and white photography, so what you are getting seems fine to me! The color fall picture doesn't do her any justice at all.

Jezzebelle

Pre-K Graduation!

Also- they each gave a little speech about what they wanted to be when they grew up, and my daughter was the only girl in the school to not say, "mommy" or "teacher."  She wants to be an artist :)

rickymooston

Does she get her brains and good looks from you or your husband?

Very nice pic. Congrats to her on her first graduation.

||grin||

Jezzebelle

She's his mini-clone looks wise.  Both kids are.

meAgain

meAgain

sorry couldn't get pic to post

Emily

It's a girl  ||smiley||. Tricia Marie, born June 10, 2013 at 5:17pm. My husband decided it would be a good idea to break our camera so we had to take pics the old fashion way and as it turns out I need a new scanner, so the picture is not too great.  ||smileysad||

Right now she's sleeping like a baby.  ||smiley||

Maggie the Opinionated

She is really beautiful.

Emily

Thank you.

I wish I scanned in a better picture first though. This is the first pic I scanned and I tried scanning in more to show my online friends but I got frustrated and gave up. 

Maggie the Opinionated

If I may ask, did you have a C-section? She is so perfectly formed and all pink and white-- not squished at all. How much did she weigh?

Garja

Thats great Emily!!!! Congrats!

Very cute kid!  And im not just saying that... lets face it, some babies are butt ugly, especially brand new ones.  One of those times I agree with Maggie... she looks really good.
~Thomas Jefferson

Jezzebelle

congrats emily!  she's gorg!  <3  glad everyone is happy and healthy... take your time to heal up!

Emily

Thanks guys! No, no c-section, just regular birth. She weighed 6 pounds 3 ounces. All is healthy in my household, except I think my husband might be loosing his mind. I think he cried more than I did. It's pretty emotional for him because she's named after his grandmother, and he was very close to her and couldn't go to her funeral which is something he deeply regrets. I'm kind of bummed because he found his father's day gift. I didn't hide it too well.

And Garja, isn't Mrs. Garja due soon. Good luck to her and you! Hope to see some pics of your little man.

Maggie the Opinionated

Quote from: Emily on June 16, 2013, 01:02:46 AM
Thanks guys! No, no c-section, just regular birth. She weighed 6 pounds 3 ounces. All is healthy in my household, except I think my husband might be loosing his mind. I think he cried more than I did. It's pretty emotional for him because she's named after his grandmother, and he was very close to her and couldn't go to her funeral which is something he deeply regrets. I'm kind of bummed because he found his father's day gift. I didn't hide it too well.

I wouldn't feel too bad. He got a daughter for father's day. Everything else is secondary to that. She has the most beautiful mouth. I can't get over how pretty she is. Have you decided who she most looks like yet?

Meat

Congrats! Did you name her after me?

Maggie the Opinionated

Who names a baby "Hamburger Helper"?

Garja

Yes Emily, and thanks. Mrs Garja looks like she's about to pop. Just had the first shower a few hrs ago at the church I'm still technically a member at. We cleaned up!!!!

We are at t-minus 6 weeks, unless she goes early.... He was already 5 lbs 10 days ago. Ill have to post the swing-thing my sister and law got him... It's amazing, it needs to come in adult sizes.
~Thomas Jefferson

leese

It's unanimous, she's beautiful. Not blotchy or other common baby stuff. You obviously have a natural talent for this. Congratulations and wistful wishes of much happiness.  ||heart||

Emily

I think she looks more like my sister than either me or my husband. She has my sister's nose and me and my husband both have brown eyes and my sister has blue eyes, and Tricia has blue eyes.

My in-laws and family are coming in from Nashville sometime next week for a baby shower so I'm hoping some cool and fun things to come our way. We all decided to have a shower with the family after the birth to save everyone two trips. Now, where to put everyone...  ||think||

leese

Garja

Here's the thing I was talking about. (skip to 5:08)

http://youtu.be/seVWvGSs0tI?t=5m8s
~Thomas Jefferson

Woodrow LI

My youngest and his wife. I just realized  he turned 40 last month. I feel ancient

leese

I know you've posted it before, but jog my memory; how many kids and grand kids do you have or admit to?
||wink||

Woodrow LI

Quote from: leese on June 17, 2013, 02:51:38 PM
I know you've posted it before, but jog my memory; how many kids and grand kids do you have or admit to?
||wink||

I don't know if I posted just the direct line grandkids or the whole mob we claim.

I only have 3 kids, My Wife has 2 between us we have 50 grand-kids ( A few are sort of add ons as my two Daughters and My wife's daughters also married men that had kids from  previous marriages.) and I believe 5 great grandkids at last count.  As far as direct line I have 3 kids 17 grand kids and 3 Great-Grand kids Wife has 2 kids 8 Grandkids and 2 great grandkids. The other 25 grand kids are the kids our daughters husbands had from previous marriages, but we claim them as ours.

Garja

Holy Crap!

No wonder you converted to Islam - Christmas was bankrupting you!*

*Please dont take that as an insult, humor was my intention.
~Thomas Jefferson

Woodrow LI

Quote from: Garja on June 17, 2013, 04:47:34 PM
Holy Crap!

No wonder you converted to Islam - Christmas was bankrupting you!*

*Please dont take that as an insult, humor was my intention.

A +1, I got the humor and thought it was funny.

Garja

^Excellent!

I thought you probably would, but youve always seemed like a good guy so I certainly didn't want to be a jerk to you unprovoked!
~Thomas Jefferson

leese

+1 for including all the kids. Step, adopted and  anyway they  ended up as family members, thank you. ||thumbs||

Lillium

Congrats Emily!! She's gorgeous. <3
Meow?

Emily

Quote from: Lillium on June 22, 2013, 05:54:48 AM
Congrats Emily!! She's gorgeous. <3

Thanks, Lillium!  ||smiley|| Took little Tricia out for her first tour of the city, and walked the pier today (my first time out of the house since when came home from the hospital), but I think it bored her because she slept the whole time.  ||wink|| I'm gonna miss everyone waiting on me hand and foot, that's for sure.

Tero

My son, 21, with girlfriend

daughter with boyfriend

she was not angry, surpirsed

Jezzebelle

+1 tero!  happy kids :)

Tero

Yes pretty happy. But they got out of town boy/girl friends the school year. This love thing is a big item in these 18-21 year olds. My son will graduate in a year and hopes to locate to East Coast at least for a start.

leese

Healthy, handsome children, Tero!

Tero

Garja

4 weeks, 4 days remaining on the clock.

Thats if he goes all the way to term - hes a big one.
~Thomas Jefferson

leese

You guys all ready for his arrival? The nesting instinct is pretty cool. Makes me remember we're animals first. I thought that when I watched my rabbit pull out tufts of her fur to make a warm, safe place for the babies. They came quickly after. Of course, you've got more stuff than rabbits...   ||Kerly||

Garja

We are getting there.

Really hit home last night, got some decorating done, cleaned up some of his laundry, and officially/unofficially decided on his name.... But we will probably keep calling him "Poppy" for now. (When we found out 'we' were pregnant, he was the size of a poppy-seed... the name stuck).

We have a second shower this saturday, we should be good to go by then as far as stuff we "need" right away... We've really lucked out by having parents who are comfortable financially, generous, and very excited for a first grandchild - I dont think we've spent $300 out of pocket so far and we have a fully outfitted nursery with all new furniture.
~Thomas Jefferson

JudoChop

It's been a while so I thought I'd update you.

Here's one of the kids enjoying a balanced meal of processed chicken lips and reconstituted potato.

Hemingway

^ they are getting big n bold Judo! Still adorable though.  ||smiley||

acctnt_shan

OMG love the little Judo kidlets!  Too cute as always!

Beautiful pictures everyone - this thread is still one of my favorites  ||cheesy||

Garja

Luke Christopher, born July 27th at 1:04pm, 6lb 15oz, 20.75"

With Jealous Pup-dog
~Thomas Jefferson

Jezzebelle

OMG he is sooo stinking cute!!  Love the mohawk pic :)

Maggie the Opinionated

He is gorgeous. You weren't kidding that he has a lot of blond hair.

FGOH

He is absolutely adorable

leese

Prince Luke is gorgeous. Love the happy daddy pic.

Hemingway

Gorgeous child.... Congrats!!!!  ||tip hat||

Emily

Garja

Thanks a lot guys... crazy how fast one can fall in love with a little baby it is almost startling!

Mags... Told you.  Everyone at the hospital was positively googly over his hair. "Wow, a blonde, I cant remember the last one", "Look at all that blonde hair" etc etc.

He's been rocking the mohawk pretty much since that first night until today.  He had his first pediatrician apt and we ran out of time this am... didn't have time to "do his hair".  Really hope he doesn't lose it, at LEAST until next week when we have an apt with a photographer.
~Thomas Jefferson

Maggie the Opinionated

Well, the plain fact is that IGI produces beautiful children.  But I am still amazed by his hair. I mean, we are talking Rapunzel gold.

Garja

Hehe, I know right?!?!

Both my wife and I had pretty blonde hair throughout childhood, I still call mine blonde because its the closest descriptor available... for some reason they wont let you put "alittlebitofeverything" on a drivers license.

Also:
~Thomas Jefferson

Woodrow LI

Gara.when Prince Luke has his first haircut. Send the trimmings to me. I am in need of a Topee.

Good looking young man you have there.

Garja

~Thomas Jefferson

Garja

~Thomas Jefferson

Jezzebelle

First day of kindergarten!

Maggie the Opinionated

My goodness, she does look excited. Did the first school bus ride live up to her expectations?

Jezzebelle

Quote from: Maggie the Opinionated on August 08, 2013, 12:25:22 PM
My goodness, she does look excited. Did the first school bus ride live up to her expectations?

Yes, she was beyond thrilled about the whole experience.  Bounced out of bed this morning!

Here's another shot... See if you can spot someone else who wanted to come along to the bus stop and see what all the fuss was about

Maggie the Opinionated

||smiley|| Yes, he certainly does want in on the action.

leese

Love the happy! Hope she's doubly excited with details when she comes home.

Garja

He had his first professional photoshoot a couple days ago!  (Sorry if the pics are large)

~Thomas Jefferson

leese

What a sweet boy. I love every one of those shots. Great job by your photographer.

Jezzebelle

Zo? wanted purple hair... sure, why not?  She adores it!

meAgain

meAgain

urs

Wow, meagain, those three on the left look a lot like all the kids in my husband's family (who all look like my husband and his nearly identical older sister)! In fact, all the cousins on that side look more like my husband than our son does! But yeah - yours have the same sort of squinchy-smiley eyes and big smiles that are typical in his family. That's so weird to see on another family, but I guess they've traced it back to some of their Native American ancestors - perhaps y'all have some, too?

And Jezz - I love her book bag! Her whole outfit is cute (and of course the hair, but you already knew that), but I'm a sucker for rainbows...might need to go buy my own.

And Garja, those baby pictures are just stupid cute. Aren't babies just the best thing ever?

Garja

Thanks Urs.  Yeah, he's pretty great.  Lack of sleep and him being kinda collicy in the evenings kinds sucks, but worth it.
~Thomas Jefferson

Jezzebelle

Your children are sooo pretty meagain.  I +1 you last night but I guess I forgot to actually post!

meAgain

Quote from: urs on August 22, 2013, 08:40:30 PM
Wow, meagain, those three on the left look a lot like all the kids in my husband's family (who all look like my husband and his nearly identical older sister)! In fact, all the cousins on that side look more like my husband than our son does! But yeah - yours have the same sort of squinchy-smiley eyes and big smiles that are typical in his family. That's so weird to see on another family, but I guess they've traced it back to some of their Native American ancestors - perhaps y'all have some, too?

Native American, huh?  I should look into that -- there could be potential college scholarships if that's true  ||smiley||

The cousins were all from my husband's side of the family.  Not sure exactly what he is.  His mother was Lithuanian and his father was German/English/Irish.  I'm half Italian, but surprisingly my dark hair and dark eyes didn't come thru in our kids -- though the squinchy eyes might be from me.

Quote from: Jezzebelle on August 22, 2013, 09:31:32 PM
Your children are sooo pretty meagain. 

Thanks Jezz.  Right back at you. 

Garja

For some reason meAgain's pics aren't showing up on my comp.  All I see in her message is "."
~Thomas Jefferson

acctnt_shan

Quote from: Garja on August 23, 2013, 03:19:36 PM
For some reason meAgain's pics aren't showing up on my comp.  All I see in her message is "."

I'm guessing she removed them after a bit - some people don't like to leave pictures of their children floating around on the Internet  ||smiley||

Garja

Thats kinda what I thought originally, but then Jezz commented on them like they were still there.
~Thomas Jefferson

Jezzebelle

Quote from: Garja on August 24, 2013, 12:10:46 AM
Thats kinda what I thought originally, but then Jezz commented on them like they were still there.

I saw them the night before she took them down, but when Urs bumped the thread I saw my post was eaten by the internet lords from the night before. 

Happy Evolute

Daughter on my left, step-daughter on my right.

Paris.

urs

I'd give my left arm to be sitting in that little cafe behind you! So envious!

P.S. Good job on those lovely girls! It really says something when individuals in that age group are willing to be seen, and affectionate with, a parental unit in public.

meAgain

+1 HE great picture.  I hope to see Paris some day.  You guys look so happy!

Garja

~Thomas Jefferson

meAgain

Jezzebelle

8 kids mean 8 candy bags!  Goodness what do y'all do with all that!

acctnt_shan

It's like a candy store exploded!  haha that's an impressive haul...

Love the Flo costume  ||smiley||

meAgain

Quote from: Jezzebelle on August 28, 2013, 11:55:12 AM
8 kids mean 8 candy bags!  Goodness what do y'all do with all that!

Yeah, and that was probably only from 5 trick or treating.  The high schoolers don't trick or treat or the baby. 

In the past, we have sent candy to the troops and I also freeze a lot of the chocolate stuff.  I have 3 kids who have b-days in November so all that candy is great for goodie bags.  I've also frozen candy and use it for decorating cakes, ice cream toppings, other cooking recipes for special desserts. 

meAgain

Quote from: acctnt_shan on August 28, 2013, 01:24:29 PM
Love the Flo costume  ||smiley||

Thanks.  She literally came up with the idea Halloween day and put it together herself.  She looked cute. 

meAgain

Jezzebelle

what a cool moment for her!!!  and great pic!

intojoy

"All things have been handed over to Me by My Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him" Mt11:27

Hemingway

Nice pic of your bundles of Joy, Joy!   ||beerchug||

intojoy

"All things have been handed over to Me by My Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him" Mt11:27

Happy Evolute

Quote from: urs on August 25, 2013, 09:13:38 PM
I'd give my left arm to be sitting in that little cafe behind you! So envious!

If y'all are ever in Paris send me a PM and we'll know where to meet!

QuoteP.S. Good job on those lovely girls!

||smiley||

urs

meAgain

urs

Quote from: meAgain on October 01, 2013, 05:45:34 PM
^

+1

All of you are cuties!

Thanks! I am trying really hard, but it comes pretty easily to the hubs and the kids.

Assyriankey

Your son made me lol, thanks, lovely photo.
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

Tom

Ur,

Why is there a gala in the picture in the picture with a smile on its dial?  Does he think he is the luckiest person on the planet or something?

urs

Quote from: Assyriankey on October 02, 2013, 01:06:53 PM
Your son made me lol, thanks, lovely photo.

He has that effect on everyone.

Sorry for spam.

urs

Just today he's been running around like this:

Meat

Quote from: urs on October 01, 2013, 06:09:01 AM
Will do, HE!

The Fam.

Nice pic. Your man seems to be saying I will crack you in the head! She's mine!

urs

Nah. He knows I can hold my own.

Meat

Quote from: urs on October 05, 2013, 02:19:18 AM
Nah. He knows I can hold my own.
Well he's a lucky man I'm sure. Rainbow hair and all! :)

Mr. Blackwell

This is my favorite family photo...we have another daughter now but there are no good family photos of all of us together....yet.
Unrestricted free speech, paradoxically, results in less speech, not more. - Yoel Roth

FGOH

Great additions since I last looked at this thread! +1s all round.

urs

Quote from: FGOH on October 10, 2013, 04:38:58 PM
Great additions since I last looked at this thread! +1s all round.

Thanks!

I've had so many people ask me when I'm going to start a blog for my son, that I decided to just make my Vine account pretty much all him (although his sister is allowed to contribute when she feels so inclined. Which is rarely.)

Krisikins

:) time to contribute i guess :P

Meet Dorian, six weeks today.

Jezzebelle

This is more of a bragging post... but I haven't really had anyone to share this with (because, well it is bragging a bit, but really it's mostly relief). 

My daughter is so different than me.  She learns different, she has different interests, she's sweet and compassionate, she takes her time.  We have similarities too, we're both very organized, we both know exactly what we want, we're bossy.  But it's been an adventure with her because she is so different. 

With my son, as I have shared before, he hits on the spectrum of AS so he certainly has his differences... but we learn the same.  He's brilliant.  He's in 4th grade and they've moved him to change classes to 5th grade for several subjects already.  Math is his strong suit, it's mine too.  He wants to go to the same college I went to (which says a lot because he's normally such contrary little guy).  He's competitive.  School and sports have been so EASY with him, we've never had to worry.  Me and my husband were both in gifted classes, and my son was added to them in the second grade.  It was just natural.

I've been worried about my daughter for awhile.  I've posted before that she shows signs of dyslexia.  At first I thought, "well we got through the AS, this can't possibly be worse than that."  But it is more frustrating.  She's almost 6, she's not reading.  She's been "close" to reading for 2 years.  It's just not budging.  She still writes backwards some.  Practice doesn't seem to help much.  She doesn't quite "get" math.  Everyone kept saying, "She's so young still, she'll get it, don't worry."  But how do you not worry?  She's still been "right on track" for school, but that's frustrating for me because I know the public school system's standards are low.  I wanted her to be ahead.  I just want more for her.

We went in for her first parent-teacher conference this year, last week.  In the beginning of school I had told the teacher of my concerns of possible dyslexia just so she could keep an eye out for signs too.  The conference went as expected.  She is great in some areas- art, drawing, etc, and not so great in others- math, reading.  But at the end the teacher said to me, "Well, I know that you know that Zoe loves art.  But she is also the most creative student in my class.  She always has an outside of the box answer for any question I have, and can draw me an amazing picture to go along with it.  I know her scores aren't the best in the class and she can work on her counting and sight words, but as of right now she is the only one I will be recommending for the gifted program next year from our class.  That program is for the creative and she fits the bill perfectly."

I could have cried and kissed that teacher.  I feel such relief.  I know she doesn't "need" to be in the gifted program, and everything would be fine if she was just a "normal" student.  But to have the recognition that others see her amazing, wonderful, talented self even through her struggles is such a great feeling.  She's going to be just fine in her own special way :)

Here's her entry for this year's National Reflections Program (https://www.pta.org/programs/ArtsinEducation.cfm).  They judge at the county level, then state, then national.  She's in the Kindergarten level.

Assyriankey

+1 for sharing your fears, and your relief.

Lovely effort by your daughter, she's certainly got the knack.  Kindy age is what, 5 years old?
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

Jezzebelle

urs

Jess, honestly - I wouldn't worry. I know, I know, everyone says that and of course you will because you're the mom....but artists are always a little weird and they rarely make great "traditional" students (even my art school recognized this, and accordingly made the general ed classes super easy and less time consuming so that we could all focus on being productive artists in our other classes). Public schools don't really have the means to accommodate this, though, so you are going to probably going to have to do a little extra work to get her unique abilities recognized and to help them flourish (although it looks as though she's well on her way already!). The teacher she has now sounds wonderful, and like she really understands her, so I would absolutely utilize her as a resource for ideas.

My little brother was always a "C" student, but later testing revealed his IQ was 134. He was just different. When we were kids, I used to think he just didn't get it, but now, I think he just didn't care about stuff that he wasn't interested in, and it showed in his performance. Same with my husband. It took me about three years before I figured out that he wasn't average intelligence - he is WAY over it. But it's hard to tell because we are so used to looking for brains within math or reading ability, that we can't identify gifts in other areas very well. I think this is the case with a lot of "creatives" - they don't waste time on crap that doesn't mean anything to them. They are often very driven to do what they feel inspired by, and to hell with everything else! So they can be highly productive, just not always in the ways that are prescribed by school and culture. I struggle a bit with this myself, despite having been highly gifted in most standard educational areas - the pull of art, and my desire to attend to it more than my other skills was not very well supported by my family, most of my teachers, or this culture, in general. Creative skills, despite being crucial to any culture and society, are not terribly valued in ours, despite their extreme real-world value and applications. I don't just mean being able to paint a picture or write a song, either; the types of brains that produce art are unique thinkers, and as her teacher said - outside the box solutions tend to come as a result of that. We've got to help these kids channel and focus that!

However, she IS still young. Reading, in particular, can take till age 7 or 8 to really come together for some kids. It's totally developmental, so while she may "just" be at level in reading in math, she sounds like her critical thinking and problem solving - both heavily influenced by creativity - are actually probably pretty far ahead (and will be more useful life skills in the long run, anyway). As her mom, I think the best thing you can do is continue to be understanding and supportive, advocate for her with teachers and other adults who aren't (there will no doubt be at least a couple), and help her understand that what she brings to the table is just as valuable and useful as someone who is an amazing reader or mathematician, despite the messages that she gets from people who don't appreciate it. She's lucky to have a mom like you who truly does recognize and appreciate who she is.

And btw, I've taught art to kids since I was 14....she's pretty damn far ahead of her age group. Shoot, most 9 year olds I know couldn't compose and execute a painting that well. So....keep her practicing, as she probably has a very bright future in the creative arts.

Jezzebelle

All I can say is thank you Urs, +1 it really means a lot coming from you.  This stuff gets me so emotional!  She doesn't do well under pressure (AT ALL), so we make fun games of flash cards and stuff to help study.  But I try really hard to take a back seat and let her lead the way.  I am going to keep her practicing.  She lights up and becomes this amazing thing to watch when she gets to paint and plan crafts (although she hardly has a problem of grandiose ideas that get half way completed, lol).  When cheerleading is over, we're going to do an art class this spring and she if she really likes it.  She really only likes sports for the comradery of it all.  So hopefully she can get some professional help and grow in something she loves :)

urs

Quote from: Jezzebelle on October 25, 2013, 01:07:10 AM
All I can say is thank you Urs, +1 it really means a lot coming from you.  This stuff gets me so emotional!  She doesn't do well under pressure (AT ALL), so we make fun games of flash cards and stuff to help study.  But I try really hard to take a back seat and let her lead the way.  I am going to keep her practicing.  She lights up and becomes this amazing thing to watch when she gets to paint and plan crafts (although she hardly has a problem of grandiose ideas that get half way completed, lol).  When cheerleading is over, we're going to do an art class this spring and she if she really likes it.  She really only likes sports for the comradery of it all.  So hopefully she can get some professional help and grow in something she loves :)

Yeah, just keep lots of crafty stuff around for her, and she will probably find things to do. My son is a spatial kid himself, so I have a gazillion Pinterest boards (follow me!) with tactile and spatial activities to make reading, in particular, more interesting to him. But both of my kids are creative, so we usually keep around a big block of clay, lots and lots of hot glue, fabric and sewing machine, sparkly things and buttons ("make an "S" with these buttons!"), foamy sticky letters that get stuck on everything ("What letter does 'candle' start with? Ok, stick it on there!"), the standard markers/pens/paint/paper/canvases, sand, cornstarch, and shaving cream for tracing letters and words in cake pans (check out cornstarch's non-newtonian fluid status on youtube if you haven't already!), chalks (various surfaces in and around the house have chalkboard paint on them), and lots of magazines and newspapers for 1. mess reduction, and 2. cutting out stuff, 3. identifying letters, numbers, and sounds with the big letters, and 4. random collage material. Having an artist in the house usually means you might have to be a little more flexible about messes and having letter stickers on everything, but honestly, I think it's worth it. It makes the house seem a lot more fun, too, even to other adults. I am always surprised at all the positive feedback I get about having dry erase letter flash cards taped down the entire hallway, or the grocery list written on the door in the kitchen in chalk, or the silly messages and height measurements that are written all over the edges of a doorway into the living room. Artists make things interesting for everybody, so just let her have at it.

Krisikins

Urs you're ahead of the crowd, in Ireland they've reciently changed the curriculum for jr and snr infants (that's 4 to 6 years) and they must now learn through play as it's the most effective method particularly for that age group.

A friend of mine teaches snr infants and her favourite part of the day is maths, where they're doing basic arithmatic,

"Find five things, does everyone now have 5 things, find 2 more things, yey, now how many things do we have yey! who can find the number 7 in the room!"

It teaches kids how to learn rather than forces them to memorize things

Also that is one bad ass unicorn Jess... you've got talent on your hands :)

-------

On another note, I dunno if my pic worked before or not, so here's Dorian Se?n whom will reach the ripe age of 2 months tomorrow

Jezzebelle

he's adorbs Kris!!!  so glad to see you back :)  +1

Airyaman

Daughter and grandson, about to be 5 months!

Jezzebelle

what a smiley boy!!  your daughter looks great too :)

Tom

Quote from: Airyaman on October 29, 2013, 11:53:09 PM
Daughter and grandson, about to be 5 months!

Seems like your daughter is maturing rather quickly if she is about to be 5 months.

Krisikins

Good to be back jess, Maternity leave gives me an awful lot more free time than i though :)

-----------

Your daughter and grandson have the exact same nose!!! Also he's handsome!

Jezzebelle

Hey!  I just got an email... Little Z's Unicorn won second place in her school and moves on to county next week!  We get to go to a little art show and everything at a local college.  She's so super proud and excited :)

kevin

this picture implies a dinosaur is in the process of barfing up your boy.

was it voluntary?

Garja

Yeah it kinda does!

Well, we will actually kinda miss his cleft, but for future speach issues (and social ones) we certainly want to get it fixed. Palete surgery is in June.
~Thomas Jefferson

Emily

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I'm going to have to scan in baby Tricia as a little kitten for her first Halloween.  ||PTW||

urs

Dang, Garja - that kid is just a little bit too cute. He may be asked to redistribute some of the cuteness, just to keep it fair for the other kids.

We had a ninja (sans mask) and The Universe.

Jezzebelle

I don't think I've ever seen him not in camo!

And her outfit turned out wonderful!! 

Garja

Hehe. Thanks Urs. I actually saw a friend of mine from HS a few days ago, she said "I know you are supposed to think your own kids are the cutest... But I don't know, Luke is awful cute."  That made me feel pretty damn good!

That universe costume is pretty great.
~Thomas Jefferson

Jezzebelle

Big Art Show was tonight!  Little Z won second place in the whole county and is moving on to State!  I didn't realize how big this competition was, there were hundreds of people at this show tonight!!  Two kids (first and second place) from each age and category (visual arts, music, writing, photog) got to move on.  She was soooo excited!

Emily

Yay for Little Z and good luck to her!

(She's got the most adorable smile.)

FGOH

Emily

When I had Tricia more than 6 months ago I uploaded a crappy picture of her here.

Here's a better one I found on my friends camera, taken shortly after she was born. I'm working on uploading more recent photos but I'm having trouble with SD slot on my computer and my camera doesn't work well with Linux.

She's probably going to be my only child, but damnit they grow up too fast!

kevin

what a lovely child.

yoo think kids grow up quick.

as of yesterday i now have three teenagers in the house.

i'm growing up quicker than i ever thought possible.

Meat

<------<<<<<<  You've got no chance boys! Lol!  ||grin||

Jezzebelle

you're in trrrrrrouble!  +1

Meat

Garja

~Thomas Jefferson

FGOH

Garja

Well, my son's palate surgery is tomorrow.  Kinda scary since the last one was a little "difficult".
~Thomas Jefferson

Garja

~Thomas Jefferson

kevin

child chicken donkey dog.

meAgain

a pic of my daughter's First Holy Communion and my son's first time serving mass.  The dress my daughter is wearing was previously worn by four older sisters.  I didn't realize at the time what a deal that $30 dress would have turned out to be . . . . . .

Garja

~Thomas Jefferson

Case

Asher Jon. Born September 10.
"You have formed us for Yourself, and our hearts are restless until they find rest in You." Augustine, Confessions, Book 1, Chapter 1

Mr. Blackwell

You made a baby!?

Congratulations and may I also be the first to offer my condolences for your loss.[nb]No sleep for you![/nb]
Unrestricted free speech, paradoxically, results in less speech, not more. - Yoel Roth

Case

"You have formed us for Yourself, and our hearts are restless until they find rest in You." Augustine, Confessions, Book 1, Chapter 1

kevin

woo

this is a surprise

did you have help?

Case

well, my wife did most of the work...

and we had help from a doula that you might know.

kevin

i don't know a lot of folks in grand rapids.

except . . .

Case

our doula is a conservative Friend.

Jezzebelle

wonderful news Case!  Congrats!

meAgain

Congratulations!  Is he your first?  I love his knitted cap.  So sweet. 

Case

Thanks Jezz & meagain. Yes, he is our first.  ||smiley||

Garja

Congrats!

I'm sure everyone you know has told you this already- but cherish it. You'll turn around and he'll be walking.
~Thomas Jefferson

Case

Mr. Blackwell

Looks like someone is not a happy camper  ||tip hat||

Garja

~Thomas Jefferson

Gnu Ordure

Quote from: Garja on January 19, 2015, 07:40:37 PM
A couple weeks ago.

Caption: "Will someone please get this cat off my head? Pleeeease?"

Jezzebelle

Garja

Yeah, he isn't a fan of hats.
~Thomas Jefferson

Mr. Blackwell

Quote from: Gnu Ordure on January 19, 2015, 10:06:34 PM
A couple weeks ago.

Damn it all to hell Gnu...that is obviously a f**king Raccoon! Jesus, get your fury head munching critters straight!

Man...is every evil brain eating thing a cat to you Brits?

Garja

Lol. I was letting it slide.

That's true. Do you guys have raccoons?

~Thomas Jefferson

Gnu Ordure

Quote from: Mr. Blackwell on January 20, 2015, 05:22:48 AM
Quote from: Gnu Ordure on January 19, 2015, 10:06:34 PM
A couple weeks ago.

Damn it all to hell Gnu...that is obviously a f**king Raccoon! Jesus, get your fury head munching critters straight!

I know a p***y when I see it.

Quote from: Garja on January 21, 2015, 12:44:57 AM
Lol. I was letting it slide.

That's true. Do you guys have raccoons?

I can have raccoon any time I want it.

||unsure||

meAgain

A picture of my youngest . . .

FGOH

What a happy picture, meAgain.

GratefulApe

Quote from: Case on January 06, 2015, 11:49:24 PM

Mom was definitely not involved in this photo op. Beautiful child though.

meAgain

ChristianDamien

Quote from: Mr. Blackwell on October 08, 2013, 07:56:35 PM

This is my favorite family photo...we have another daughter now but there are no good family photos of all of us together....yet.

So we can see your three daughters in the picture above.

Well Mr Blackwell, congratulations for your fourth daughter!  ||tip hat||

Mr. Blackwell

No, that's my wife and two daughters. I only have three.

ChristianDamien

Lol I know, I was just joking. Your wife does look very young though.

Don't worry, you still don't have grey hair, so you don't look very old yourself. ||Ben||

Mr. Blackwell

||smiley||

I never know for sure anymore. While on our honeymoon we signed up to ride horses on the beach. The lady in the office told me I could sign the release form for my daughter if I wanted.

ChristianDamien

Your wife must have been delighted to hear that, but not so much for you!

Jezzebelle

@ChristianDamien - did you know the avatar you're using is the same another member currently uses?  it's very confusing, you should change it.

@Assyriankey

Mr. Blackwell

Quote from: ChristianDamien on February 17, 2015, 11:48:44 PM
Your wife must have been delighted to hear that, but not so much for you!

It's a mixed bag for her but we both laughed. She still looks about the same now and gets frustrated from time to time when people younger than her try to treat her like a kid before they find out she is old enough to be their mother.

ChristianDamien

I don't know if this counts but here is a picture of my younger brother, he's 18 (5 years younger than me!). And he's a cricket maniac. The other reason I am posting this picture is because I captured it. Perfect timing.

What do you think, huh?

Mr. Blackwell

ChristianDamien

@Gnu Ordure @Mr. Blackwell

This is a picture of my lovely mother (on the left) feeding me (on the right). It was taken in 1994 when I just turned 2 years old.

And here?s me in 2014, 20 years later! :

Do I look like a bad-ass or a good guy?

Everyone is welcome to comment.

Spoiler
BTW I am Turkic, in case you're wondering why I don't look white.
[close]

Jezzebelle

You sure you have the timing right for the top pic?  You look like 4-5, not a baby 2 year old (no baby cheeks).  But very cute!

As for the bottom pic I don't think you like a badass or a good guy, you just look like a normal guy to me :)

ChristianDamien

Quote from: Jezzebelle on March 15, 2015, 02:42:32 PM
You sure you have the timing right for the top pic?  You look like 4-5, not a baby 2 year old (no baby cheeks).  But very cute!

Thanks. I think the timing is right, I asked my mother before and she said it was around 1994, I know I was 2 years old then. But maybe she forgot the exact time (?).

Meat

You look like a decent guy and can probably hold your own. If you don't mind me asking what do you do for a living?  ||beerchug||

ChristianDamien

Hey Meat. I don?t mind. I am a Personal Adviser; helping people to draw up action plans for employment, education and training and supporting them to achieve these goals.

I think you might have taken it the wrong way, I don?t mean ?badass? as in ?criminal? or some law breaking idiot. I just meant, you know, a badass, a law abiding badass!  ||grin||

Meat

Well you seem to like your mom and your bro so you can't be all that "bad". You stuck out your corner time like a champ. Cheers.  ||beerchug||

ChristianDamien

Mr. Blackwell

Case

Mr. Blackwell

Yeah, that was Christmas. They are posing with their newest stuffed animals.

Case

Here's a more recent one of mine:

FGOH

Great pics Mr B and Case. Lovely kids.

Mr. Blackwell

A fun filled day of easter egg stalking.

Case

@Mr. Blackwell Did you catch the varmit that laid them eggs?

Mr. Blackwell

Quote from: Case on April 06, 2015, 12:13:44 AM
@Mr. Blackwell Did you catch the varmit that laid them eggs?

Nah. My dog got to it first but it was only after that uppity rodent done lade over 100 eggs all over the yard.

We made the kids lean up the mess but we told them it was a "fun" Easter tradition. It's easy to get kids to do the chores if you tell 'em it's a game.

GratefulApe

Quote from: ChristianDamien on March 15, 2015, 01:59:56 PM
@Gnu Ordure @Mr. Blackwell

This is a picture of my lovely mother (on the left) feeding me (on the right). It was taken in 1994 when I just turned 2 years old.

And here?s me in 2014, 20 years later! :

Do I look like a bad-ass or a good guy?

Everyone is welcome to comment.

Spoiler
BTW I am Turkic, in case you're wondering why I don't look white.
[close]

You look like a good guy. By the way in the first pic. Is your mom feeding you medicine?

ChristianDamien

Quote from: GratefulApe on April 09, 2015, 07:08:45 PM
You look like a good guy. By the way in the first pic. Is your mom feeding you medicine?

Yeah she is, I was pretty ill that day, it's probably why I look quite skinny too.

GratefulApe

Quote from: ChristianDamien on April 09, 2015, 09:47:52 PM
Quote from: GratefulApe on April 09, 2015, 07:08:45 PM

Yeah she is, I was pretty ill that day, it's probably why I look quite skinny too.

Thanks for answering. I was just curious. I have a habit of paying attention to details. Your mom looks like a beautiful woman.

ChristianDamien

Quote from: GratefulApe on April 11, 2015, 12:58:20 AM
Thanks for answering. I was just curious. I have a habit of paying attention to details. Your mom looks like a beautiful woman.

She most certainly is. Thank you.   ||smiley||

kevin

Jezzebelle

Woodrow LI

My Oldest 2 and myself in 1971

They are both Grandmothers now.

Woodrow LI

My oldest Grand daughter and her Husband

Woodrow LI

My oldest grandson and his wife when they were stationed in Korea. Currently they are stationed in South Carolina

Woodrow LI

Here they are in civilian clothes while on leave at my daughters house in Dallas

Woodrow LI

One of my youngest Grand daughter's, My son's daughter. She and her husband recently announced my son is going to be a grandpa

Gnu Ordure

Cool children, Woodrow.  ||tip hat||

Cool grandchildren, Woodrow.  ||tip hat||

er ... cool greatgrandchildren, Woodrow.  ||tip hat||

... to be continued ...   ||unsure||

Woodrow LI

Quote from: Gnu Ordure on June 22, 2015, 06:36:45 PM
Cool children, Woodrow.  ||tip hat||

Cool grandchildren, Woodrow.  ||tip hat||

er ... cool greatgrandchildren, Woodrow.  ||tip hat||

... to be continued ...   ||unsure||

Thank You Gnu. One thing that can not be denied is they are a colorful bunch.  Very diverse our family gatherings resemble a fire drill at the UN.  I do not think I have any 2 great-Grandchildren that are the same color.

Gnu Ordure

QuoteI do not think I have any 2 great-Grandchildren that are the same color.

LOL. Cool.

And heck, we're all the same colour underneath.  ||unsure||

Peace to you and your family, Woodrow.

none

ah yes, the best we can hope for is they don't become radicalized, right Gnu...

Gnu Ordure

Quote from: none on June 22, 2015, 11:32:21 PM
ah yes, the best we can hope for is they don't become radicalized, right Gnu...
You're trolling.

This thread is called 'show off your kids'.

It's not called 'show off your bile and anger".

It's not called 'show off your irrational hatred of Muslims'.

It's not called 'show off your small-minded pettiness'.

If the thread had been called any of those things, your post would have been both pertinent and apposite.

But it wasn't, so you're just trolling...

none

I guess if you don't care, you don't care

Case

none

LoL, funny. another atheist, how cuddly.

Gnu Ordure

None, why are you so horrible to everyone?

Almost everything you say seems designed to hurt someone.

Case

none

Quote from: Gnu Ordure on June 23, 2015, 01:49:24 AM

This will probably not get past the mods...
Because it's fun y

Woodrow LI

Quote from: Case on June 23, 2015, 01:11:26 AM

Beyond cute, but cute is the word that immeniatly comes to mind. Can easily make a person believe in elves, at least elves until they grow up.

Fantastic expression.

Gnu Ordure

Quote from: none on June 23, 2015, 02:32:46 AM

Because it's fun ...

That is... disturbing, to say the least.

none

Quote from: Gnu Ordure on June 24, 2015, 03:56:27 PM

Because it's fun ...

if you weren't so uptight you'd understand.
the best part of what I said you omitted, sad but telling.
We'd get along better if your priority wasn't stroking theists egos

kevin

Gnu Ordure

Quote from: none on June 24, 2015, 05:27:53 PM

Because it's fun ...

Please explain it to me, making allowances for my uptightness.

Why do you find it fun to hurt people, None?

Quotethe best part of what I said you omitted, sad but telling.
How is "you f**king idiot" the best part? Why is my omission of it 'telling'? What does it tell?

none

Quote from: Gnu Ordure on June 24, 2015, 09:50:37 PM
Quote from: none on June 24, 2015, 05:27:53 PM

Because it's fun ...

Please explain it to me, making allowances for my uptightness.

Quotethe best part of what I said you omitted, sad but telling.
How is "you f**king idiot" the best part? Why is my omission of it 'telling'? What does it tell?
i'm not seeing how either comment was hurtful

Jezzebelle

none- can you please be awful in some other thread?  thanks

Gnu Ordure

Quote from: nonei'm not seeing how either comment was hurtful

That's just a dodge.

You said that it was fun to hurt people.

Do you think it's OK to hurt people for fun?

none

Quote from: Gnu Ordure on June 25, 2015, 12:39:54 AM
Quote from: nonei'm not seeing how either comment was hurtful

That's just a dodge.

really, so who cares Gnu?
I back tracked, get over it.
I am not seeing the hurt you are seeing.
good day, want to discuss this further do so in another thread.

Gnu Ordure

QuoteI back tracked,
No, you didn't.

QuoteI am not seeing the hurt you are seeing.
Irrelevant.

Why do you find it fun to hurt people?

Why won't you answer the questions, None?

Quotegood day, want to discuss this further do so in another thread.

Run away, then.

The questions remain.

none

Quote from: Gnu Ordure on June 25, 2015, 01:10:06 AM
QuoteI back tracked,
No, you didn't.

QuoteI am not seeing the hurt you are seeing.
Irrelevant.

Why do you find it fun to hurt people?

Why won't you answer the questions, None?

Quotegood day, want to discuss this further do so in another thread.

Run away, then.

The questions remain.
you wouldn't take pleasure in hurting a pedophile, maybe ChristianDamien calls you pedophile
theists are fair game because of their behavior
if you can't figure this out on your own then you are a real winner!
I said start a thread

Gnu Ordure

Quote from: none on June 25, 2015, 01:25:49 AM
you wouldn't take pleasure in hurting a pedophile,
Dodge.

Answer the questions, None.

Quotemaybe ChristianDamien is onto something...
So you're calling me a paedophile too. Thanks for that.

Why do you find it fun to try to hurt people?

Quoteif you can't figure this out on your own then you are a f**king idiot
Pointless abuse.

Why do you find it fun to try to hurt people?

QuoteI said start a thread
Run away, then.

The questions remain.

none

Its okay to hurt people
if you disagree then quit f**king with me

Gnu Ordure

QuoteIts okay to hurt people

No, really, it isn't. 

It's not okay to hurt people for fun, None.

Why do you think it is?

And how does your strategy of trying to hurt people work out for you? Does it really make you feel better? People keep rejecting you, and that proves... what? That you're unloveable? And that you therefore somehow deserved the abuse that you suffered as a child?

Re-frame your childhood. Re-think your strategy.

Hating the world isn't the answer.

none

Quote from: Gnu Ordure on June 25, 2015, 03:05:09 AM
QuoteIts okay to hurt people

No, really, it isn't. 

It's not okay to hurt people for fun, None.

Why do you think it is?

And how does your strategy of trying to hurt people work out for you? Does it really make you feel better? People keep rejecting you, and that proves... what? That you're unloveable? And that you therefore somehow deserved the abuse that you suffered as a child?

Re-frame your childhood. Re-think your strategy.

Hating the world isn't the answer.
its okay to hurt people, Gnu's derail
I don't hate the world Gnu, jezzeblle requested to drop this in this thread
if you, well you don't, so it really doesn't matter as long as you call me coward your objective has been met ( you know that part where its ok for you to hurt people )
otherwise see you in the thread I linked.

Meat

<<<<<My oldest with my new Lab Petey. :D

urs

Kind of a bummer question, but this thread popped up and I realized I hadn't addressed it yet - is there a way to edit out the pics I've posted?

ChristianDamien

I?m not a d**kheaderator, but here?s my two suggestions:

1)   Ask the f**kheaderators to edit out your posts and remove the pics - they should be able to do so
2)   Delete the pics from the website which you uploaded them on, and then they won?t appear on the forum any longer

If you can?t do #2, then #1 would be an alternative option. The bastarderators should be able to help lol.

Jezzebelle

Quote from: urs on July 12, 2015, 06:57:05 AM
Kind of a bummer question, but this thread popped up and I realized I hadn't addressed it yet - is there a way to edit out the pics I've posted?

Hey Urs, just PM the mods and make an official request.   The easiest way to do this is to send a PM either linking or listing all the posts you would like edited.

Augusto

Jezzebelle

look how big he's getting!!! +1

Augusto

Yes, he's getting tall and handsome!

This days he likes playing that he is a big bear. :)

kevin

i have just successfully persuaded my 10-year old son golden to eat a live earthworm in exchange for a five -dollar bill.

pictures to follow.

kevin

kevin

kevin

it was three for $10, or one for $5.

golden opted for the five:

kevin

my normally more adventurous son starbuck said , no way.

golden showed him up.

Kiahanie

Hey, 5 bucks is 5 bucks.

Or, used to be, anyway.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

Augusto

kevin

my number one son griffin rides a motorcycle for the first time. he's 18-- i was 16. he only fell down once

kevin

here it is in motion. i'm always the one riding these things, so it was interesting to see somebody else do it. i was struck by how old the machine appears. sure, it's 50 years old, but that's not much in the greater scheme of things.

i was more interested to watch my teenage son on the bike. i experienced  more or less the same thing some 40+ years ago, on a machine just four years older than this one.

Case

We had another baby on Monday! This one is named Edith Violet.

Mr. Blackwell

Another one?!

You guys figured out what causes babies yet?  ||razz||

Congratulations, she is beautiful.  ||beerchug||

kevin

the girls start training for the land speed races in july

safety equipment for the number two daughter is on order, so she rides the little honda, which only goes about 40 mph. later today is the first day she goes off to motorcycle safety foundation training. when she gets back she'll start practicing on the ninja.

having an airstrip to practice with an unfamiliar machine is very useful, as we have nothing but dirt and gravel roads for three miles, then heavy oil-field truck traffic on the blacktop

Meat

Mr. Blackwell

kevin

there's one in here somewhere of my number three son eating worms in return for a five dollar bribe

Mr. Blackwell

Quote from: kevin on May 29, 2019, 07:47:10 PM
there's one in here somewhere of my number three son eating worms in return for a five dollar bribe

I saw that a short while ago. He ate one for $5 but wouldn't eat three for $10.

Former Believer

Jeremy Renner is your son?
Don't sacrifice your mind at the altar of belief

kevin

Former Believer

Your son or Jeremy Renner?
Don't sacrifice your mind at the altar of belief

Meat

Case

eyeshaveit

Quote from: Case on June 14, 2019, 07:49:52 PM

My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky:
So was it when my life began;
So is it now I am a man;
So be it when I shall grow old,
Or let me die!
The Child is father of the Man;
And I could wish my days to be

William Wordsworth
Jesus Christ died so you could have access to God.

Mr. Blackwell

Check up time. Most of the members no longer participate but I still see a few pop in from time to time.

My three girls and two boys.

Meat

kevin

the number one daughter

fire line control, nevada

Meat

Wow! Nice job. She's a winner.

kevin

yes.

my kids are turning out so much better than me.

three to go

kevin

number one son. hes the one onthe right with thd paxding hangi g out from under thd gambeson.

thegambesons have steel plates sewn in underneath

kevin

the number three son has outfitted himself to shovel the turkey s**t off the front porch.

an excellently self-motivated young man

Maria-Juana

number one son. hes the one onthe right with thd paxding hangi g out from under thd gambeson.

thegambesons have steel plates sewn in underneath
Wow!

Your number one daughter's video is impresive as well. You must be very proud of them.
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

kevin

the daughter worked the winter in arkansas and is now moved back t nevada for a forestry gig there.

the view from the front porch:

Maria-Juana

I'm proud of my little  12-year-old son. He took a Social Studies test: Rome and The Rise of Christianity. He got: 32/33.
His Christian friend got 22/33.
||grin||

What is interesting is that knowing about the apostles, Jesus' parables, holy writings, the crucifixion, Peter of Galilee, etc., didn't make him a moral kid.

All the compliments his teachers give us and all the virtues the teachers see in him come from our atheism/humanism, and the rest he was born with because I have never talked to him about Jesus, god, or religion. He has never even been inside a church.

—Religious people: —Deal with it.
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder