News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

Show Off Your Kids!

Started by Sweetling, April 26, 2010, 11:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emily

Thanks guys! No, no c-section, just regular birth. She weighed 6 pounds 3 ounces. All is healthy in my household, except I think my husband might be loosing his mind. I think he cried more than I did. It's pretty emotional for him because she's named after his grandmother, and he was very close to her and couldn't go to her funeral which is something he deeply regrets. I'm kind of bummed because he found his father's day gift. I didn't hide it too well.

And Garja, isn't Mrs. Garja due soon. Good luck to her and you! Hope to see some pics of your little man.

Maggie the Opinionated

Quote from: Emily on June 16, 2013, 01:02:46 AM
Thanks guys! No, no c-section, just regular birth. She weighed 6 pounds 3 ounces. All is healthy in my household, except I think my husband might be loosing his mind. I think he cried more than I did. It's pretty emotional for him because she's named after his grandmother, and he was very close to her and couldn't go to her funeral which is something he deeply regrets. I'm kind of bummed because he found his father's day gift. I didn't hide it too well.

I wouldn't feel too bad. He got a daughter for father's day. Everything else is secondary to that. She has the most beautiful mouth. I can't get over how pretty she is. Have you decided who she most looks like yet?

Meat

Congrats! Did you name her after me?
"Brilliant Meat!" +1 (composer)
"Amen Meat." (Former Believer)
"Like Meat said." (Francis)
"Not brilliant, Meat!" — Villanelle
"Damned right Meat." -Kusa
 "You call this comment censorship Meatless?" (Boobs)

Maggie the Opinionated

Who names a baby "Hamburger Helper"?

Garja

Yes Emily, and thanks. Mrs Garja looks like she's about to pop. Just had the first shower a few hrs ago at the church I'm still technically a member at. We cleaned up!!!!

We are at t-minus 6 weeks, unless she goes early.... He was already 5 lbs 10 days ago. Ill have to post the swing-thing my sister and law got him... It's amazing, it needs to come in adult sizes.
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, then that of blindfolded fear."
~Thomas Jefferson

leese

It's unanimous, she's beautiful. Not blotchy or other common baby stuff. You obviously have a natural talent for this. Congratulations and wistful wishes of much happiness.  ||heart||

Emily

I think she looks more like my sister than either me or my husband. She has my sister's nose and me and my husband both have brown eyes and my sister has blue eyes, and Tricia has blue eyes.

My in-laws and family are coming in from Nashville sometime next week for a baby shower so I'm hoping some cool and fun things to come our way. We all decided to have a shower with the family after the birth to save everyone two trips. Now, where to put everyone...  ||think||

leese

Garja

Here's the thing I was talking about. (skip to 5:08)

http://youtu.be/seVWvGSs0tI?t=5m8s
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, then that of blindfolded fear."
~Thomas Jefferson

Woodrow LI

My youngest and his wife. I just realized  he turned 40 last month. I feel ancient

leese

I know you've posted it before, but jog my memory; how many kids and grand kids do you have or admit to?
||wink||

Woodrow LI

Quote from: leese on June 17, 2013, 02:51:38 PM
I know you've posted it before, but jog my memory; how many kids and grand kids do you have or admit to?
||wink||

I don't know if I posted just the direct line grandkids or the whole mob we claim.

I only have 3 kids, My Wife has 2 between us we have 50 grand-kids ( A few are sort of add ons as my two Daughters and My wife's daughters also married men that had kids from  previous marriages.) and I believe 5 great grandkids at last count.  As far as direct line I have 3 kids 17 grand kids and 3 Great-Grand kids Wife has 2 kids 8 Grandkids and 2 great grandkids. The other 25 grand kids are the kids our daughters husbands had from previous marriages, but we claim them as ours.

Garja

Holy Crap!

No wonder you converted to Islam - Christmas was bankrupting you!*

*Please dont take that as an insult, humor was my intention.
~Thomas Jefferson

Woodrow LI

Quote from: Garja on June 17, 2013, 04:47:34 PM
Holy Crap!

No wonder you converted to Islam - Christmas was bankrupting you!*

*Please dont take that as an insult, humor was my intention.

A +1, I got the humor and thought it was funny.

Garja

^Excellent!

I thought you probably would, but youve always seemed like a good guy so I certainly didn't want to be a jerk to you unprovoked!
~Thomas Jefferson

leese

+1 for including all the kids. Step, adopted and  anyway they  ended up as family members, thank you. ||thumbs||

Lillium

Congrats Emily!! She's gorgeous. <3
Meow?

Emily

Quote from: Lillium on June 22, 2013, 05:54:48 AM
Congrats Emily!! She's gorgeous. <3

Thanks, Lillium!  ||smiley|| Took little Tricia out for her first tour of the city, and walked the pier today (my first time out of the house since when came home from the hospital), but I think it bored her because she slept the whole time.  ||wink|| I'm gonna miss everyone waiting on me hand and foot, that's for sure.

Tero

My son, 21, with girlfriend

daughter with boyfriend

she was not angry, surpirsed

Jezzebelle

+1 tero!  happy kids :)
It's so damn easy to say that life's so hard

Tero

Yes pretty happy. But they got out of town boy/girl friends the school year. This love thing is a big item in these 18-21 year olds. My son will graduate in a year and hopes to locate to East Coast at least for a start.

leese

Healthy, handsome children, Tero!

Tero

Garja

4 weeks, 4 days remaining on the clock.

Thats if he goes all the way to term - hes a big one.
~Thomas Jefferson

leese

You guys all ready for his arrival? The nesting instinct is pretty cool. Makes me remember we're animals first. I thought that when I watched my rabbit pull out tufts of her fur to make a warm, safe place for the babies. They came quickly after. Of course, you've got more stuff than rabbits...   ||Kerly||

Garja

We are getting there.

Really hit home last night, got some decorating done, cleaned up some of his laundry, and officially/unofficially decided on his name.... But we will probably keep calling him "Poppy" for now. (When we found out 'we' were pregnant, he was the size of a poppy-seed... the name stuck).

We have a second shower this saturday, we should be good to go by then as far as stuff we "need" right away... We've really lucked out by having parents who are comfortable financially, generous, and very excited for a first grandchild - I dont think we've spent $300 out of pocket so far and we have a fully outfitted nursery with all new furniture.
~Thomas Jefferson

JudoChop

It's been a while so I thought I'd update you.

Here's one of the kids enjoying a balanced meal of processed chicken lips and reconstituted potato.

Abdullah: You got me wrong, I'm not the Eel, I'm the one trying to prove to you that Eels are not Atheists.

Hemingway

^ they are getting big n bold Judo! Still adorable though.  ||smiley||
"Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken"

acctnt_shan

OMG love the little Judo kidlets!  Too cute as always!

Beautiful pictures everyone - this thread is still one of my favorites  ||cheesy||
Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

Garja

Luke Christopher, born July 27th at 1:04pm, 6lb 15oz, 20.75"

With Jealous Pup-dog
~Thomas Jefferson