News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

New Rule

Started by Happy Evolute, June 10, 2009, 11:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy Evolute

We have just installed Rule #16.

Please read this, folks.
An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

catwixen

Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow?

Assyriankey

And our member agreement now says this...

With this user account you are about to register, you agree to respect the privacy of personal information regarding other members, including emails, email addresses, PMs, real names, addresses, telephone numbers, photographs, employment, medical information and family history.  You agree not to reveal any such information, however you came by it.

Breach of any of these terms of use may result in the immediate banning of your account without notice.
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

Fit2BThaied

I am often wrong, but not always.

rickymooston

"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

Sita

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.  Carl Sagan

Servant of God

Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible ~ Corrie Ten Boom

Vynn

Good rule. Let's not consider "context" on that one.  ||cheesy||
Signature deleted by mods

leese

cmarie

The highest point a man can attain is not knowledge, or virtue, or goodness, or victory, but something even greater, more heroic and more despairing:
Sacred Awe!
—Nikos Kazantzakis

Kerlyssa

||huh||

Haven't mods used PMs as evidence before in other rule breaks?

Son of Man

Quote from: Kerlyssa on June 10, 2009, 11:48:53 PM
||huh||

Haven't mods used PMs as evidence before in other rule breaks?

There was not a rule against posting pm's, though it was considered a shltty thing to do.  And, if a member is being threatened in pm's, it should be reported. 
"Our old forum is dead we should bring a newborn one to life."  
Steve Ox, GLF Forum, July 28, 2008

styleislove

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.
So I'm going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how.
8y 8eing me.

Goobatron

maybe we should keep fly on the forum... He seems to know whats wrong with it, exploits it, then we are encouraged to change or make new rules.

Son of Man

Quote from: Goobatron on June 11, 2009, 11:37:15 PM
maybe we should keep fly on the forum... He seems to know whats wrong with it, exploits it, then we are encouraged to change or make new rules.

That's typically how it works.  The rules will work just fine until someone comes along and exploits their weaknesses.  Then we tweak the rules and wait for the next person to find more holes.  If Fly weren't doing this just to be nasty, we might thank him.
"Our old forum is dead we should bring a newborn one to life."  
Steve Ox, GLF Forum, July 28, 2008

Kerlyssa

It's not like there's ever a shortage of trolls and provocateurs on the internet. Keeping one around specifically to let it troll is giving it a bit too much power, imo.

Change or die.

Goobatron

Quote from: Kerlyssa on June 12, 2009, 02:08:49 AM
It's not like there's ever a shortage of trolls and provocateurs on the internet. Keeping one around specifically to let it troll is giving it a bit too much power, imo.

Change or die.

Sup Hitler.

Kerlyssa

||huh||

I was actually making a comic book reference, but do go on with your Hitler analogy. I'm curious now.

Goobatron

Well, change or die seems a bit harsh words. How many people here would know it was a comic book reference and not just you saying "Change or die"?

Kerlyssa

How many people would seriously consider that I was telling the mods to go kill fly? Or that fly would die if banned?

One, apparently.  ||grin||

catwixen

It's like saying tits or GTFO....it's not literal.
I agree with Kerl, repeat offenders change or go somewhere else.... ||cheesy||
Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow?

rickymooston

Quote from: Kerlyssa on June 12, 2009, 02:08:49 AM

Change or die.

"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

Assyriankey

Quote from: Kerlyssa on June 12, 2009, 02:28:49 AM
How many people would seriously consider that I was telling the mods to go kill fly? Or that fly would die if banned?

I use the term 'forum die' to express that concept.  Because of Gooba and Trevor...
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.