News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

Atheist Talking Points

Started by eyeshaveit, September 15, 2018, 06:12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Blackwell

I see that someone didn't like what I pointed out in my previous comment. That's kind of funny. You see because TallRed is the type of liberal that rails against things like bullying. Bullying is bad. Making fun of or teasing those who are less fortunate is bad. Yet, she describes anyone who believes in the Christian God and votes conservative as being, for lack of a better word, retarded. Mentally challenged. Less able. But, she makes fun of those people. She mocks and teases those people.

I can only conclude that she either doesn't believe that religious conservatives are low IQ or....she firmly believes that it is not only her right but her duty to mock people with low IQ.

Unrestricted free speech, paradoxically, results in less speech, not more. - Yoel Roth

kevin

may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

eyeshaveit

Quote from: TallRed on September 18, 2018, 11:35:54 PM

[1] - I have spoken to a number of atheists, agnostics, and humanists over the years since my deconversion. A majority of them cited a close reading of the Bible as one of the chief factors which led to them losing their faith. Many atheists are better acquainted with the contents of the Bible than their believing colleagues.

[2] - A cafeteria Christian [is] able to freely choose which passages to read and which to ignore because of their repellent quality.
Jesus Christ died so you could have access to God.

eyeshaveit

eyeshaveit

Quote from: 8livesleft on September 20, 2018, 12:03:26 AM
I find it hilarious how christians can move from one extreme (Killer God) to the other (Loving Merciful Jesus) and say they're the same thing.

eyeshaveit

Quote from: 8livesleft on September 19, 2018, 11:55:21 PM
When a child is raised in a violent environment, with abusive parents and grows up to be similarly violent and abusive, you don't blame Satan. You blame the parents who conditioned the person to be that way.

eyeshaveit

Quote from: TallRed on September 19, 2018, 11:27:20 PM
Given how the Hebrew storm god YHWH is depicted in the OT, it?s just good thinking to be afraid of it. One thing I don?t understand is why anyone would want to worship such a pathological, narcissistic monster. Another thing is why anyone would worship this entity when there?s not an iota of empirical evidence to support its existence

eyeshaveit

Quote from: 8livesleft on September 21, 2018, 11:21:18 PM
What's funny is people FEAR god. But not the so called source of evil, Satan.
In any other story where there is a villain, the characters or readers fear the villain. But not this book.

eyeshaveit

Quote from: bad actor on September 21, 2018, 11:31:05 PM
If you want to call the beautiful things in the world evidence for "god" then you gotta explain the not so beautiful too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_genetic_disorders

These are the horrible things that people are born with with through no fault of their own. The beauty and the ugliness make sense in an "uncaring" universe.

eyeshaveit

Today is National Freethought Day:

"October 12 annually celebrates National Freethought Day. This day occurs on the anniversary of the effective end of the Salem Witch trials on October 12, 1692....the hope is to show the public that atheists are just like everyone else" - Wikipedia.

Boots

It looks to me like eyes is fishing for applauds, the way he's posting interesting thoughts here.
Religion=institutionalized superstition

Apologetics=the art of making s**t up to make other made-up s**t sound more plausible

"To not believe in god is to know that it falls to us to make the world a better place."

~Sam Harris

eyeshaveit

Freedom From Religion Foundation Afraid of Noah's Ark - Warns Field Trips Unconstitutional

"Public schools cannot organize trips for students to either the Creation Museum or the Ark Park. It is unacceptable to expose a captive audience of impressionable students to the overtly religious atmosphere of Ham's Christian theme parks...."

https://ffrf.org/images/KYArkParkLetter2018FINAL.pdf

Ken Ham Responds With Offer of Free Admission:

"The atheist groups like American Atheists and the Freedom From Religion Foundation have been increasingly aggressive to restrict the free exercise of religion -- particularly Christianity -- and they've tried to brainwash people with an interpretation of the First Amendment...it does not mean that Christians are second class citizens."

"I would like to see some public schools and public parks to stand up to them and not succumb to their bullying and intimidation. Because the FFRF has sent letters to 1,000 school districts, I'm offering them free admission for the teachers, students who come on an official public school trip."

TallRed

Quote from: eyeshaveit on January 11, 2019, 07:35:49 PM
Freedom From Religion Foundation Afraid of Noah's Ark - Warns Field Trips Unconstitutional

"Public schools cannot organize trips for students to either the Creation Museum or the Ark Park. It is unacceptable to expose a captive audience of impressionable students to the overtly religious atmosphere of Ham's Christian theme parks...."

https://ffrf.org/images/KYArkParkLetter2018FINAL.pdf

Ken Ham Responds With Offer of Free Admission:

"The atheist groups like American Atheists and the Freedom From Religion Foundation have been increasingly aggressive to restrict the free exercise of religion -- particularly Christianity -- and they've tried to brainwash people with an interpretation of the First Amendment...it does not mean that Christians are second class citizens."

"I would like to see some public schools and public parks to stand up to them and not succumb to their bullying and intimidation. Because the FFRF has sent letters to 1,000 school districts, I'm offering them free admission for the teachers, students who come on an official public school trip."
Once again, there is a misleading headline. Nothing in the article suggests that the FFRF is afraid of Noah?s Ark.

It?s interesting that an organization dedicated to preserving the integrity of the First Amendment would be accused of ?bullying.? Ham likes to play the victim card.