News:

Are you in the IGI Yearbook?

Main Menu

A disturbing development

Started by dutchy, April 14, 2024, 02:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dutchy

https://rumble.com/v43ne58-islamic-school-in-the-netherlands-teaches-profound-hatred-of-non-muslims.html

For half a century Muslim immigrants came to western Europe.
Most Europeans thought that within 2 generations the enlightenment would also modernize the faith of the new immigrants.
There were little obstructions, rightfully so, for them to gather and live their lives as seem fit for them.

But as the video points out there is a radicalization within a broad spectrum of Muslims.
The Dutch 'BBC' ...NOS (Nieuwsuur) and intellectual left wing newspaper NRC are very reluctant to print negative towards Islam and integration in general. Knowing it only fuels the agenda of Geert Wilders.

But this is the unpteenth time these kind of stories appear.
From schools to multiple recordings within Mosques and hate preachers that are extremely disturbing and disgusting.

My question is, how could we solve this ?

kevin

its the wahabis.

if the saudis hadnt gotten rich off petroleum islam would never have taken this turn.
may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

Shnozzola

One way may work.  We welcome Muslims, Christians, atheists, Hindu homosexuals, and witches, etc into the big tent, celebrating all our beliefs, with food, dance, explanations, and love for all the cultures.  Are some right, and some wrong, or are all partially right, or wrong?  We all have no idea.  But respecting and celebrating will hopefully work better the judgement and denigration of each other.

Remember, we have no idea, and usually accept only the ideas in the area we were born in.
Ironically, the myriad  of "god" beliefs of humanity are proving to be more dangerous than us learning that we are on our own, making the way we treat each other far more important

dutchy

Quote from: Shnozzola on April 14, 2024, 03:04:33 PMOne way may work.  We welcome Muslims, Christians, atheists, Hindu homosexuals, and witches, etc into the big tent, celebrating all our beliefs, with food, dance, explanations, and love for all the cultures.  Are some right, and some wrong, or are all partially right, or wrong?  We all have no idea.  But respecting and celebrating will hopefully work better the judgement and denigration of each other.

Remember, we have no idea, and usually accept only the ideas in the area we were born in.
It would certainly....sort of work...in the short term. At least that's my personal experience with the most 'aggressive' faith. 'One on one' the hostility vaporizes rather quickly when you show genuine interrest in the other and start to ask sincere questions.

However when they gather in large numbers in their own 'bubble' it derails rather quickly.
Then views as shown in the vid can become the norm in such religious bubbles.

I saw many vids from Palestine kids and Jewish orthodox kids ( before October the 7the) and it didn't give me any hope that we can solve these fundamentalistic religious problems in the foreseeable future.

Kiahanie

To put things in perspective, in this country we have Christian churches and pastors and congregants telling us how evil Muslims are. "From schools to multiple recordings within [churches] and hate preachers that are extremely disturbing and disgusting."

How could we solve this ?
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

dutchy

Quote from: Kiahanie on April 14, 2024, 04:12:45 PMTo put things in perspective, in this country we have Christian churches and pastors and congregants telling us how evil Muslims are. "From schools to multiple recordings within [churches] and hate preachers that are extremely disturbing and disgusting."

Yeah i know,....twice a year i watch open American evangelical channels and i don't know what the cure is.

But my topic was not 'Muslim bashing', but a real problem is that they are going 'underground' so to speak. That was what the Dutch 'FBI' called the AIVD concluded. An increasing alternative reality within the Dutch democracy.

none

ten people say don't associate with people who are not like the ten people and the penalty for being different is death in scripture
and they didn't say it in Dutch
the death part is pretty hard line
the candle can only be lit so many times.

Kiahanie

Quote from: dutchy on April 14, 2024, 05:11:55 PM
Quote from: Kiahanie on April 14, 2024, 04:12:45 PMTo put things in perspective, in this country we have Christian churches and pastors and congregants telling us how evil Muslims are. "From schools to multiple recordings within [churches] and hate preachers that are extremely disturbing and disgusting."

Yeah i know,....twice a year i watch open American evangelical channels and i don't know what the cure is.

But my topic was not 'Muslim bashing', but a real problem is that they are going 'underground' so to speak. That was what the Dutch 'FBI' called the AIVD concluded. An increasing alternative reality within the Dutch democracy.

Same problem over here with Christian nationalists. More problems with them than the Muslim community. According to our FBI.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

kevin

Quote from: Shnozzola on April 14, 2024, 03:04:33 PMOne way may work.  We welcome Muslims, Christians, atheists, Hindu homosexuals, and witches, etc into the big tent, celebrating all our beliefs, with food, dance, explanations, and love for all the cultures.  Are some right, and some wrong, or are all partially right, or wrong?  We all have no idea.  But respecting and celebrating will hopefully work better the judgement and denigration of each other.

of course it would work.

but it wont, because thats not how people do it.

just ask any devoutly religious person here on this forum.

your plan is the one plan they will not accept.
may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

8livesleft

Quote from: dutchy on April 14, 2024, 03:24:06 PM

It would certainly....sort of work...in the short term. At least that's my personal experience with the most 'aggressive' faith. 'One on one' the hostility vaporizes rather quickly when you show genuine interrest in the other and start to ask sincere questions.

However when they gather in large numbers in their own 'bubble' it derails rather quickly.
Then views as shown in the vid can become the norm in such religious bubbles.

I saw many vids from Palestine kids and Jewish orthodox kids ( before October the 7the) and it didn't give me any hope that we can solve these fundamentalistic religious problems in the foreseeable future.

Good point about individual vs group...

As the great Agent K of the MIB once said:

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals."

8livesleft

Quote from: dutchy on April 14, 2024, 02:00:22 PMhttps://rumble.com/v43ne58-islamic-school-in-the-netherlands-teaches-profound-hatred-of-non-muslims.html

For half a century Muslim immigrants came to western Europe.
Most Europeans thought that within 2 generations the enlightenment would also modernize the faith of the new immigrants.
There were little obstructions, rightfully so, for them to gather and live their lives as seem fit for them.

But as the video points out there is a radicalization within a broad spectrum of Muslims.
The Dutch 'BBC' ...NOS (Nieuwsuur) and intellectual left wing newspaper NRC are very reluctant to print negative towards Islam and integration in general. Knowing it only fuels the agenda of Geert Wilders.

But this is the unpteenth time these kind of stories appear.
From schools to multiple recordings within Mosques and hate preachers that are extremely disturbing and disgusting.

My question is, how could we solve this ?

They say nobody can hurt you more than family and it couldn't be more true than with abraham's cute little kids: the eldest Big Abe, middle child Jessie, Lil Mo, the youngest.

Unfortunately, it seems Lil Mo feels like the two older brothers are ganging up on him and now he's getting all riled up, defensive and now he's isolating himself.

In an ideal world, the father would step in but it seems he's one of those absentee, abusive dads.

Maybe their nice non-sectarian uncle could come in and talk to him in the dad's place. Otherwise, there'll be no end to the squabbling.

Like this ongoing incident - Mo kicked Abe on the shin and Abe beat Mo senseless, bloody and won't stop beating him in spite of Jessie telling him to stop, kind of.

We can't really blame Lil Mo for being pissed at this point.

Meat

Send in the social workers.  ||popcorn||
"Brilliant Meat!" +1 (composer)
"Amen Meat." (Former Believer)
"Like Meat said." (Francis)
"Not brilliant, Meat!" — Villanelle
"Damned right Meat." -Kusa
 "You call this comment censorship Meatless?" (Boobs)

Dexter

Here is the problem. It is newsworthy to promote outrage. How much of that report is actually true? What it will do is create distrust and suspicion and in turn create muslim ghettos that forment the very thing the outrage was against in the first place. You are creating your own monster.
I begin today by acknowledging the Ngarluma people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work and live, and pay my respects to their Elders past and present. I extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.

8livesleft

Quote from: Dexter on April 15, 2024, 03:27:07 PMHere is the problem. It is newsworthy to promote outrage. How much of that report is actually true? What it will do is create distrust and suspicion and in turn create muslim ghettos that forment the very thing the outrage was against in the first place. You are creating your own monster.

I was just watching Bowling for Columbine and in one segment, Moore looked at the media's role in instilling fear and it turns out that even if gun crime went down 23%, coverage went up 600%.

I have this discussion with my wife a lot. She checks social media and sees a bunch of things and has a lot of "what's the world coming to" moments. I tell her it's the same as it always was, there's just a heck of a lot better coverage nowadays and everyone thinks they're Barbara Walter Cronkite.