News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

I Can’t Forget It

Started by Meat, September 27, 2023, 01:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meat

It was 1986, I crashed on my buddy's couch for a month or so while I finished school. One morning he was rushing out the door to work while his wife was finishing his lunch and his egg sandwich, I was in and out on the couch. He's at the door and she's handing him things and he says verbatim "Hurry up before I rip your top off!" Discuss.
"Brilliant Meat!" +1 (composer)
"Amen Meat." (Former Believer)
"Like Meat said." (Francis)
"Not brilliant, Meat!" — Villanelle
"Damned right Meat." -Kusa
 "You call this comment censorship Meatless?" (Boobs)

Boots

Quote from: Meat on September 27, 2023, 01:12:12 PMIt was 1986, I crashed on my buddy's couch for a month or so while I finished school. One morning he was rushing out the door to work while his wife was finishing his lunch and his egg sandwich, I was in and out on the couch. He's at the door and she's handing him things and he says verbatim "Hurry up before I rip your top off!" Discuss.

I take it she has/had nice boobies?
Religion=institutionalized superstition

Apologetics=the art of making s**t up to make other made-up s**t sound more plausible

"To not believe in god is to know that it falls to us to make the world a better place."

~Sam Harris

Maria-Juana

Quote from: Boots on September 27, 2023, 01:27:17 PM
Quote from: Meat on September 27, 2023, 01:12:12 PM... "Hurry up before I rip your top off!"
I take it she has/had nice boobies?
||think||
Not sure what this means.
What do you think he meant, Meat?
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Meat

I think he was threatening to humiliate her if she didn't hurry up. Of course he never would have actually done it but he was running late so... ||popcorn||

Maria-Juana

Quote from: Meat on September 27, 2023, 07:24:54 PMI think he was threatening to humiliate her if she didn't hurry up. Of course he never would have actually done it but he was running late so... ||popcorn||
Humiliate by...doing what, exactly?
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Meat

Who says something like that besides this knucklehead?  ||popcorn||

Mark

Quote from: Maria-Juana on September 27, 2023, 07:21:00 PMWhat do you think he meant, Meat?
Why do you put people's username's in bold like that? And why does Meat use this emoji or whatever they're called ||popcorn||  so much?

Btw Meat, your avatar is too small. I can't read what they're saying to each other.
Mark's contribution to chess opening theory:
https://marksopening.blogspot.com

Emma286

Is it possible he meant it as a joke?
"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."

Albert Einstein

kevin

perhsps he was expressing the opinion that he found his wife attractive, but needed to get to work.
may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

Boots

Quote from: kevin on September 29, 2023, 12:05:37 PMperhsps he was expressing the opinion that he found his wife attractive, but needed to get to work.

that's how I interpreted it (hence the "nice boobies" question above), and that he didn't care you were present (or just forgot for a moment in his stress/pique).

Apologetics=the art of making s**t up to make other made-up s**t sound more plausible

"To not believe in god is to know that it falls to us to make the world a better place."

~Sam Harris

Meat

The trouble with me is I remember almost everything that doesn't matter, forget things important.  ||popcorn||

Meat

Quote from: Mark on September 29, 2023, 11:15:13 AM
Quote from: Maria-Juana on September 27, 2023, 07:21:00 PMWhat do you think he meant, Meat?
Why do you put people's username's in bold like that? And why does Meat use this emoji or whatever they're called ||popcorn||  so much?

Btw Meat, your avatar is too small. I can't read what they're saying to each other.
This site stinks now. I can't post pics or an avatar properly. I was going to upload my family pics but...

Maria-Juana

QuoteQuote from: Mark on Today at 04:15:13 AM

Why do you put people's usernames in bold like that?
Hi, Mark.
||tip hat||
I learned to do that at my previous forum It's to avoid misunderstandings. To distinguish the "name" meat from a noun.

If someone didn't know that was someone's "name", I think it would confuse the reader if I wrote none, meat, 8livesleft in a sentence. We had someone name, no one. 
I liked no one.
See?
||grin||
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

kevin

now i want a taco

Maria-Juana

"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Boots

Quote from: Meat on September 29, 2023, 01:36:17 PMThe trouble with me is I remember almost everything that doesn't matter, forget things important.  ||popcorn||

I think we have more in common that I'd have thought...my wife would agree that this is a trait of mine too!

~Sam Harris

Kiahanie

Yup. Me too. I'm pretty good at saving miscellaneous memories too, thinking maybe someday they will be useful but ending up in a pile in a mental corner somewhere, waiting.

The corner expands unnoticeably incrementally like kudzu. All the stuff is there ready to be used for...something...but I can't find the memory I need right now.

Similar to the miscellaneous stuff in my shop.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

Meat

Post similar stupid stuff you'll remember until the day you die if you'd like. Here's one from 4th grade.
This kid Bill joined our class midway through the year, he'd been in special-ed. A kid asked him "Weren't you in special-ed?" He replies "I was a helper." Genius reply in my opinion.  Bill and I became good friends. In 8th grade he drives to school one day, parks in the staff parking lot. I'm 12 or 13 and he's got his license! Incredible!

kevin

my telephone number when i was six years old was CA3-7001. carter county, oklahoma.

the value of pi to 12 digits is 3.141592653589.

the density of lead is about 11, gold is about 19, osmium is 23.

metallic lithium is as light as balsa wood.

some things i will never remember. i cannot remember whether americans write dates as day/month/year or month/day/year, so i always spell it out.

Boots

I challenge you to forget these facts about Albania

I will also never forget about 85% of the script of The Princess Bride

~Sam Harris

Meat

This same kid's dad came to class for show and tell, brought his safari trophies. I can remember the teacher being a bit appalled. The elephant's footstool and ivory tusks are all I remember specifically. About 20 years ago I ran into his dad outside of his house while I was working, I asked him if he still had those tusks. "Yup." Perfectly legal to possess as he put it, probably worth a pile of dough by now. (Black market)

kevin

i saw an elephant foot umbrella stand for sale in the portobello road once.

eight pounds.

coulnt afford it

Meat

I ran with a stick just like Mom said to never do. I tripped and that stick went between my eyeball and my skull, I'd estimate an inch plus in. I pulled it out and my older brother started crying. Lol. That was sooooo close.

Dexter

I begin today by acknowledging the Ngarluma people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work and live, and pay my respects to their Elders past and present. I extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.

Maria-Juana

Quote from: Meat on October 09, 2023, 01:57:34 PMI ran with a stick just like Mom said to never do. I tripped and that stick went between my eyeball and my skull, I'd estimate an inch plus in. I pulled it out and my older brother started crying. Lol. That was sooooo close.
||shocked||
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder