News:

Are you in the IGI Yearbook?

Main Menu

Things That Irritate You

Started by Meat, June 09, 2023, 12:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meat

(1)Anyone that says "ginormous" in my presence.

(2)The light turns green and let's say I'm the 10th car back. On average it's 30 seconds before I get to the intersection and often miss the light. I'm rarely in a hurry so it's not missing the light that irritates me, it's the 3 seconds (on average) for each driver to move after the car in front of them moves. If I was driving every car in line I could easily get 30 cars through the light instead of 10.

(3)Littering. 
"Brilliant Meat!" +1 (composer)
"Amen Meat." (Former Believer)
"Like Meat said." (Francis)
"Not brilliant, Meat!" — Villanelle
"Damned right Meat." -Kusa
 "You call this comment censorship Meatless?" (Boobs)

8livesleft

It irritates me that drivers and pedestrians here follow "water thinking" on the road. Meaning, they go wherever there's a gap or whatever line just happens to be moving - even if it's on the wrong side of the road, the sidewalk or wherever - with absolutely no thought about how much more traffic/chaos it's gonna cause.

"Woke" people irritate the hell outta me.

Newscasters and radio people here LOVE saying "netizens" wtf

Maria-Juana

QuoteQuote from: 8livesleft on 6/8/2023, 6:15:28 PM

"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Maria-Juana

Quote from: Meat on June 09, 2023, 12:50:00 AM(1)Anyone that says "ginormous" in my presence.
||cheesy|| That's funny.
Not that it irritates you, I was just imagining someone using the word "ginormous" in a sentence.
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Meat

Quote from: Maria-Juana on June 09, 2023, 05:51:26 AM
Quote from: Meat on June 09, 2023, 12:50:00 AM(1)Anyone that says "ginormous" in my presence.
||cheesy|| That's funny.
Not that it irritates you, I was just imagining someone using the word "ginormous" in a sentence.
"Kiddos" really bugs me too, lol. I swear I'm not a grumpy old fart but...

kevin

people that occupy space in tbe front of the ine to chat while other people are wziting behind them. in my line of work we wait in line at tbe scales to weigh in and weigh out.  it takes little time if people just move.

some people get tbeir paper and the stand tbere with tbeir truck on the scalezn to laugh and visit with the scalemaster. especially at the end of the day-- their last load, but not.mine.

especially old men and young wpmen. .appafently neither have a life
may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

Maria-Juana

Quote from: Meat on June 09, 2023, 11:22:50 AM
||cheesy|| That's funny.
"Ginormous kiddo!"
—It's like the sound of nails scratching a chalkboard?
||grin||
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Meat

Quote from: Maria-Juana on June 09, 2023, 06:21:34 PM
||cheesy|| That's funny.
"Ginormous kiddo!"
||grin||
Eww, that is terrible. 

Maria-Juana

Quote from: Meat on June 09, 2023, 06:29:10 PM
Quote from: Maria-Juana on June 09, 2023, 06:21:34 PM
||cheesy|| That's funny.
"Ginormous kiddo!"
||grin||
Eww, that is terrible. 

Now I can irritate you on command.
||cheesy||
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Meat

Quote from: 8livesleft on June 09, 2023, 01:15:28 AMIt irritates me that drivers and pedestrians here follow "water thinking" on the road. Meaning, they go wherever there's a gap or whatever line just happens to be moving - even if it's on the wrong side of the road, the sidewalk or wherever - with absolutely no thought about how much more traffic/chaos it's gonna cause.

I'm ok with woke people that have always been woke. (I actually include myself) In the old days we called it being tolerant and accepting of others, didn't need a blue ribbon for reassurance like simpletons today.

Maria-Juana

Quote from: Meat on June 10, 2023, 05:40:39 PM
Quote from: 8livesleft on June 09, 2023, 01:15:28 AMIt irritates me that drivers and pedestrians here follow "water thinking" on the road. Meaning, they go wherever there's a gap or whatever line just happens to be moving - even if it's on the wrong side of the road, the sidewalk or wherever - with absolutely no thought about how much more traffic/chaos it's gonna cause.

I'm ok with woke people that have always been woke. (I actually include myself) In the old days we called it being tolerant and accepting of others, didn't need a blue ribbon for reassurance like simpletons today.
I can tell, that's why I like you, Meat.

"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Meat

Quote from: Maria-Juana on June 10, 2023, 06:37:54 PM
Quote from: Meat on June 10, 2023, 05:40:39 PM

I can tell, that's why I like you, Meat.

I grow on people, usually. Lol.

kevin

"woke" as it was used before the republicans like desantis decided to use it divisively meant what we we used to call "not being an asshole . . ."

it just meant having some understanding and empathy for things and for the way different people looked at them.

thats what "liberal" used to mean-- tolerance for other people and a decision not to interfere with them if they were minding their own business and trying to live their own lives.

these culture wars that the republicans are frothing over-- not conservatives, republicans-- is something new.

how many drag queens have been arrested for assaulting children in the last year? none.

how many far right activists, cops, and youth pastors? dozens.

this is not a hard thing to understand.

Meat

Quote from: kevin on June 10, 2023, 09:07:21 PM"woke" as it was used before the republicans like desantis decided to use it divisively meant what we we used to call "not being an asshole . . ."

it just meant having some understanding and empathy for things and for the way different people looked at them.

thats what "liberal" used to mean-- tolerance for other people and a decision not to interfere with them if they were minding their own business and trying to live their own lives.

these culture wars that the republicans are frothing over-- not conservatives, republicans-- is something new.

how many drag queens have been arrested for assaulting children in the last year? none.

how many far right activists, cops, and youth pastors? dozens.

this is not a hard thing to understand.
Let's not forget about coaches and teachers, mostly heterosexual folks of course. I live and let live mostly, doesn't mean I want ANYONE talking to my grandkids (now) about anything sexual in nature. Teachers should teach reading, writing and arithmetic like the old days. Sex-Ed was briefly included in 10th grade  but was mostly about anatomy as I recall. I was trying not to laugh after a stern warning at the beginning. Lol.

kevin

i taught my kids about sex as soon as they were old enough to ask questions, in as much detail as they were interested in getting.

theyve all managed to turn out okay

kevin

Meat

Quote from: kevin on June 10, 2023, 09:32:02 PMi taught my kids about sex as soon as they were old enough to ask questions, in as much detail as they were interested in getting.

theyve all managed to turn out okay
Yes, parents should teach about that subject as appropriate. Not that mine did, oops. Lol.

Meat

This is why I like this forum, the topic flows where it flows. I don't believe I've ever demanded a member stay on topic, that's irritating. Lol.

kevin

its all one conversation.

Maria-Juana

Things that irritate me... ||think||

Hmmm...sure, I'll tell you about things that irritate me.

A stranger knocked on my door the other day...

"Excuse me, do you have a minute to talk about Jesus and the moral revulsion against the raping of little babies for fun?"
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Kiahanie

Oh. I thought he was at summer camp.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

Maria-Juana

The ones who don't go to summer camp come knocking on my door.

"Well f**k you. Half-dead motherf**ker."
||Kerly||
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder