News:

Are you in the IGI Yearbook?

Main Menu

Applaud/Smite

Started by Mr. Blackwell, February 01, 2020, 05:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Blackwell

Is it just me or has everyone lost their ability to applaud or smite?
Unrestricted free speech, paradoxically, results in less speech, not more. - Yoel Roth

maritime

Applauds show up in the Karma tally but not at the bottom of post.
Not sure about Smites (I do not use that function feature).

Mr. Blackwell

Quote from: maritime on February 01, 2020, 06:21:38 AM
Applauds show up in the Karma tally but not at the bottom of post.
Not sure about Smites (I do not use that function).
Just a test. I am going to applaud this comment just to see.
Unrestricted free speech, paradoxically, results in less speech, not more. - Yoel Roth

Mr. Blackwell

Okay.

You are 100% correct.

I wonder, why the change in layout?

Meat

I like to keep a 10 to 1 ratio in my bank. You see sometimes I just have to post the truth as I see it. Even if it hurts a feeling or two. I received a couple of weird smites over the years. One on a feel-good story about my daughter. That one really hurt. Badly.  ||whistling||So they do mean something. ||whistling|| Restore ASAP please.  ||whistling||
"Brilliant Meat!" +1 (composer)
"Amen Meat." (Former Believer)
"Like Meat said." (Francis)
"Not brilliant, Meat!" — Villanelle
"Damned right Meat." -Kusa
 "You call this comment censorship Meatless?" (Boobs)

LoriPinkAngel

It seems pointless to applaud something if the member isn't going to even know the post was applauded.
Ah, but I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now...  -Bob Dylan

Mr. Blackwell

Quote from: LoriPinkAngel on February 06, 2020, 07:50:43 PM
It seems pointless to applaud something if the member isn't going to even know the post was applauded.

If you want someone to know if you gave a +1 or -1 you could always just quote their comment and reply....

+1

Dexter

Quote from: Mr. Blackwell on February 06, 2020, 10:59:41 PM

Quote from: LoriPinkAngel on February 06, 2020, 07:50:43 PM

If you want someone to know if you gave a +1 or -1 you could always just quote their comment and reply....

+1
+1
I begin today by acknowledging the Ngarluma people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work and live, and pay my respects to their Elders past and present. I extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.