Wes Bredenhof says, Atheists are Self-Deceived and Have a Moral Problem:

Started by eyeshaveit, May 31, 2018, 08:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyeshaveit

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.  For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.  For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.  So they are without excuse" - Romans 1:18-20.

"When you encounter someone who claims to be an atheist, you are meeting someone self-deceived.  They have deceived themselves into a position they actually know not to be true.  And according to the Holy Spirit in Romans 1, this is not a person with an intellectual problem, but a moral one." - Wes Bredenhof.

https://yinkahdinay.wordpress.com/2018/05/30/essential-latin-for-reformed-christians-sensus-divinitatis/amp/
Jesus Christ died so you could have access to God.

none

||Kerly|| just another delusion , again
the candle can only be lit so many times.

TallRed

Quote from: eyeshaveit on May 31, 2018, 08:08:15 AM

"When you encounter someone who claims to be an atheist, you are meeting someone self-deceived.  They have deceived themselves into a position they actually know not to be true.  And according to the Holy Spirit in Romans 1, this is not a person with an intellectual problem, but a moral one." - Wes Bredenhof.
I don?t know who this person is. His opinion has no hold on me. Having said that, he is just another True Believer who thinks he (a) knows something he doesn?t and (b) can read minds.

His reasoning is pretty suspect as well. Were atheists so morally compromised in comparison to Christians, there would be more atheists in prison than Christians. Unfortunately for Bredenhof?s clumsy and fatally flawed thesis, the opposite is true.

Dexter

Why are we discussing atheists in the Scripture Study board? Are you pre-supposing atheists to be supernatural?
I begin today by acknowledging the Ngarluma people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work and live, and pay my respects to their Elders past and present. I extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.

eyeshaveit

Quote from: Dexter on June 02, 2018, 07:44:45 AM
Why are we discussing atheists in the Scripture Study board?

Because we are discussing God's view of Atheists and Atheism.
See below what God says in his book (the Holy Bible) about the subject:

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.  For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.  For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.  So they are without excuse" - Romans 1:18-20
Jesus Christ died so you could have access to God.

Dexter

Quote from: eyeshaveit on June 02, 2018, 08:00:00 AM
Quote from: Dexter on June 02, 2018, 07:44:45 AM
Why are we discussing atheists in the Scripture Study board?

Because we are discussing God's view of Atheists and Atheism.
See below what God says in his book (the Holy Bible) about the subject:

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.  For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.  For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.  So they are without excuse" - Romans 1:18-20

ok, no problems with that, but you are restricting atheist right of reply in that they cannot deny the power of the almighty when they post here.
I begin today by acknowledging the Ngarluma people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work and live, and pay my respects to their Elders past and present. I extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.