News:

IGI has a Facebook group!

Main Menu

Christian Doctrine - Pop Quiz.

Started by eyeshaveit, August 23, 2016, 10:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyeshaveit

"Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done. So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it God rested from all his work that he had done in creation." - Genesis 2.

Has mankind always held to this seven day week with a 'Sabbath day' of rest ?

Spoiler

China, Japan, Korea and France have tried a 10 day week;
Russia alsoi has tried both a 5 day and a 6 day secular week,
Other governments at times have tried 4, 8, and 9 day weeks,
But only the Bible's original 7 day week has stood the test of time.
[close]
Jesus Christ died so you could have access to God.

composer

Quote from: eyeshaveit on June 27, 2017, 06:12:41 AM
"Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done. So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it God rested from all his work that he had done in creation." - Genesis 2.

Has mankind always held to this seven day week with a 'Sabbath day' of rest ?
||think||

Meanwhile Posts like yours & Co. demonstrate there are only imaginary-human devised Supernatural God(s)

&

Story book God is solely responsible for having Created evil!

Story book proofs -

Col. 1:16 & John 1:3

QED
Your alleged gods are very bad god persons, I am offering them the chance to become good god persons for the very first time, but only after they admit they are bad god persons and want to try again.

bad actor

Quote from: eyeshaveit on June 27, 2017, 05:21:09 AM
One quick example - this morning in my prayers: words were flowing out on each breath taken, but my thoughts were on breakfast, food and coffee; that's not being 'good'. 

Don't be so hard on yourself. It's hard for the mind not to wander when having one sided conversations with beings that might not even be there.

Especially before morning coffee. ||wink||
Maybe the day had a s**tty you.

eyeshaveit

What is 'natural theology' ?

Spoiler

"Natural theology, once also termed physico-theology, is a type of theology that provides arguments for the existence of God based on reason and ordinary experience of nature. This distinguishes it from revealed theology, which is based on scripture and/or religious experiences, and also from transcendental theology, which is based on a priori reasoning." - Wikipedia.
[close]

eyeshaveit

What is 'grace' ?

Spoiler

"Grace is God?s unmerited favor to ill-deserving sinners in Jesus Christ. The presence of the risen Christ, extending God?s forgivness and power so that God?s provision of His Son for redemption is effected through the agency of the Holy Spirit in the heart of man ...

"The assistance of grace does not even depend on the humility or obedience of man ... for it is a gift of grace itself that we are obedient and humble ...as the Apostle says, "What have you that you did not receive?" (1 Corinthians 4:7), and, "But by the grace of God I am what I am" (1 Corinthians 15:10)."

Monergism.com
[close]

eyeshaveit

Who was the first person to see Jesus after his resurrection ?

James ?
John ?
Mary ?
Peter ?

Spoiler

But Mary stood weeping outside the tomb, and as she wept she stooped to look into the tomb. And she saw two angels in white, sitting where the body of Jesus had lain, one at the head and one at the feet. They said to her, ?Woman, why are you weeping?? She said to them, ?They have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid him.? Having said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing ..." - John 20.
[close]

GratefulApe

Quote from: eyeshaveit on July 02, 2017, 04:58:15 AM

James ?
John ?
Mary ?
Peter ?

Spoiler

But Mary stood weeping outside the tomb, and as she wept she stooped to look into the tomb. And she saw two angels in white, sitting where the body of Jesus had lain, one at the head and one at the feet. They said to her, ?Woman, why are you weeping?? She said to them, ?They have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid him.? Having said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing ..." - John 20.
[close]

While I'm not sure of the 'personhood' of angels they were the first to see Jesus.

GratefulApe

And furthermore what were the angels doing there? Got an answer for that one Mr. eyes?

eyeshaveit

Quote from: GratefulApe on July 03, 2017, 01:55:07 AM
Quote from: eyeshaveit on July 02, 2017, 04:58:15 AM

James ?
John ?
Mary ?
Peter ?

Spoiler

[close]

While I'm not sure of the 'personhood' of angels they were the first to see Jesus.

Angels are personalities. The question might have been better stated as, 'Who was the first person to see Jesus after his resurrection ?'

Quote from: GratefulApe on July 03, 2017, 02:42:45 AM
And furthermore what were the angels doing there? Got an answer for that one Mr. eyes?

Might Angels have been there to reinforce the central importance of Christ's resurrection to a Christian's faith ?

eyeshaveit

What is the division of labor between church and state ?

Spoiler

God lets the state administer justice on earth; God lets the church administer his Word and sacraments.
[close]

GratefulApe

Quote from: eyeshaveit on July 03, 2017, 08:02:07 AM

Might Angels have been there to reinforce the central importance of Christ's resurrection to a Christian's faith ?

No not really. That's the Holy Spirits job.

The angels according to Scripture were there for two reasons. To roll away the tomb stone and to remind them of where Jesus had said  his brothers will see him. In Galilee.

Matthew 28 ESV

2 And behold, there was a great earthquake, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3 His appearance was like lightning, and his clothing white as snow. 4 And for fear of him the guards trembled and became like dead men. 5 But the angel said to the women, ?Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. 6 He is not here, for he has risen, as he said. Come, see the place where he lay. 7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples that he has risen from the dead, and behold, he is going before you to Galilee; there you will see him. See, I have told you.? 8 So they departed quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to tell his disciples. 9 And behold, Jesus met them and said, ?Greetings!? And they came up and took hold of his feet and worshiped him. 10 Then Jesus said to them, ?Do not be afraid; go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee, and there they will see me.?

GratefulApe

Quote from: eyeshaveit on July 03, 2017, 08:08:17 AM
What is the division of labor between church and state ?

Spoiler

God lets the state administer justice on earth; God lets the church administer his Word and sacraments.
[close]

No such thing as "sacraments". The church is bound by ordinances such as communion and baptism. Sacrament is a word or concept that implies that there is some "magic" involved and so that only certain people within the hierarchy of a church can perform such ordinances. The Catholics and Lutheran love to call them "sacraments" so that they can feel superior and feed their church hierarchy roles.

GratefulApe

Quote from: eyeshaveit on July 01, 2017, 05:48:54 AM
What is 'grace' ?

Spoiler

"Grace is God?s unmerited favor to ill-deserving sinners in Jesus Christ. The presence of the risen Christ, extending God?s forgivness and power so that God?s provision of His Son for redemption is effected through the agency of the Holy Spirit in the heart of man ...

"The assistance of grace does not even depend on the humility or obedience of man ... for it is a gift of grace itself that we are obedient and humble ...as the Apostle says, "What have you that you did not receive?" (1 Corinthians 4:7), and, "But by the grace of God I am what I am" (1 Corinthians 15:10)."

Monergism.com
[close]

Grace is when you spill your milk and the host cleans it up and looks the other way

eyeshaveit

Are there any Bible verses about 'freedom' ?

Spoiler

"For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery." - Galatians 5:1 

"In him [Christ] and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence." - Ephesians 3:12 

"Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God." - 1 Peter 2:16

"And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." - John 8:32 

"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." - 2 Corinthians 3:17

"But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself." - Philippians 3:20-21 

"To Him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins through His name." - Acts 10:43

"I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts." - Psalm 119:45

"We know that our old self was crucified with Him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. For one who has died has been set free from sin." - Romans 6:6-7

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind,to release the oppressed,to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor." - Luke 4:18-19

Above list compliments of The Gospel Herald
[close]

eyeshaveit

Wisdom ? According to Proverbs 9, what "is the beginning of wisdom" ? 

Spoiler

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight." - Proverbs 9.
[close]

eyeshaveit

Can a Christian keep the Law of Moses ?

Spoiler

Sure, a Christian is free to keep the Law if they wish, but it is certainly not required.

"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work." - 2 Timothy 2.
[close]

GratefulApe

Quote from: eyeshaveit on July 09, 2017, 06:19:31 AM
Can a Christian keep the Law of Moses ?

Spoiler

Sure, a Christian is free to keep the Law if they wish, but it is certainly not required.

"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work." - 2 Timothy 2.
[close]

Nobody can keep the law of Moses and never could. The law was made to separate the Jews from the gentiles. To keep them as a separate nation. The law was to point Jews to sin like looking in a mirror for flaws but the mirror doesn't fix anything just shows you what's there. Since the death of Messiah the law was rendered inoperative.

eyeshaveit

Karma is the law of cause and effect.

"Karma is the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences." - Wikipedia.

Does the Holy Bible support karma ?

Spoiler

No! Karma denies the Bible's concept of a personal sovereign God and God's grace: whereby atonement for sins and salvation are gained only through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ; not upon an individual's own merits.
And karma and reincarnation are in clear opposition to Hebrews 9:27 - ?For it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment.?
[close]

eyeshaveit

What are the unique characteristics of the Christian God ?

1 - He exists ?
2 - His holiness ?
3 - The atonement leading to salvation ?

Spoiler

All the above.
[close]

eyeshaveit

What is the truth behind these five 'fake news' stories about early Christianity:

1. Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene.
2. The divinity of Jesus was not decided until the council of Nicea in the fourth century.
3. Christians did not have a ?Bible? until the time of Constantine.
4. The ?Gnostic? Gospels like the Gospel of Thomas were just as popular as Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
5. The words of the New Testament have been radically changed and corrupted in the earliest centuries.

Spoiler

Inertialmass

^^^^  Don't ya love the way fake news professionals try their best to turn it around?

"Today's Darkies is the worst racists.  We was all better off back in the day with 'em pickin' cotton an' praisin' Jesus!"

"Liberals is all a buncha elite, effete, bloodthirsty killers!"

"Unlike these fake, socalled scientific 'theories,' the bible is the literal word of god unblemished by the stain of human corruption."

"My dad's bigger than your dad.  My dog's bigger than your dog.  I'm gonna tell Teacher if you call me names again!"

God and religion are not conveyances of Truth or Comfort.  They function as instruments of earthly social control.

eyeshaveit

Rearrange this alphabetical list of biblical kings in correct chronological order ?

Cyrus
David
Herod
Melchizedek
Nebuchadnezzar
Saul
Solomon

Spoiler

Melchizedek
Saul
David
Solomon
Nebuchadnezzar
Cyrus
Herod
[close]

eyeshaveit

"He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world." - 1 John 2.

What is 'propitiation' ? Explain the difference between 'propitiation' and 'expiation' ?

Spoiler

Expiation is the taking away of guilt through the payment of a penalty. That biblical penalty for sin is the offering of an atonement.

Propitiation is the object of the expiation, as in the Christians who are restored to fellowship with God through the atonement death of Jesus Christ.
[close]

eyeshaveit

Explain the difference between Christian education and public education ?

Spoiler

The differences rest in a commitment to a God centered or to a not God centered perspective.
[close]

eyeshaveit

What is Dispensationalism ?

Spoiler

Dispensationalism is a Christian evangelical, futurist, Biblical interpretation that believes that God has related to human beings in different ways under different Biblical covenants in a series of "dispensations," or periods in history.
[close]

eyeshaveit

"Bezalel made the ark of acacia wood. Two cubits and a half was its length, a cubit and a half its breadth, and a cubit and a half its height. And he overlaid it with pure gold inside and outside, and made a molding of gold around it. And he cast for it four rings of gold for its four feet, two rings on its one side and two rings on its other side. And he made poles of acacia wood and overlaid them with gold and put the poles into the rings on the sides of the ark to carry the ark."- Exodus 37.

Trace the biblical history of the journeys of the Ark of the Covenant ?

Spoiler

Built in and moved to various locations in the Sinai wilderness.
Moved to Gilgal.
Moved to Shiloh.
Moved to Bethel.
Moved to Nob.
Moved to Gibeon.
Later Solomon brought the Ark to Jerusalem and the temple.
Spoiler
[close]
[close]