News:

IGI has a myspace page.  Please add us if you're a myspace fiend!

Main Menu

Political posters and memes

Started by Airyaman, February 18, 2016, 09:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inertialmass

Quote from: Kusa on November 21, 2017, 11:38:55 PM
Quote from: GratefulApe on November 19, 2017, 04:56:55 PM
I don't quite agree with this quote, yet. I have voted in every Presidential election since I was of age to vote. anyway, interesting quote.

Sometimes I wonder if he was right.

That doesn't sound like Mark Twain anyhow.  Not enough bite. 

God and religion are not conveyances of Truth or Comfort.  They function as instruments of earthly social control.

GratefulApe

Quote from: Inertialmass on November 22, 2017, 12:39:51 AM
Quote from: Kusa on November 21, 2017, 11:38:55 PM
Quote from: GratefulApe on November 19, 2017, 04:56:55 PM
I don't quite agree with this quote, yet. I have voted in every Presidential election since I was of age to vote. anyway, interesting quote.

Sometimes I wonder if he was right.

That doesn't sound like Mark Twain anyhow.  Not enough bite.

I agree. The Mark Twain quote didn't quite sit well with me. I almost posted this one instead.

Mr. Blackwell

Mark Twain used the word *n****r*

We should burn all his books.
Unrestricted free speech, paradoxically, results in less speech, not more. - Yoel Roth

GratefulApe

Quote from: Mr. Blackwell on November 22, 2017, 04:09:54 AM

I actually have a copy of the book before they removed or changed the word. Should I be arrested?

Kusa

Quote from: GratefulApe on November 22, 2017, 04:16:11 AM
Quote from: Mr. Blackwell on November 22, 2017, 04:09:54 AM

I actually have a copy of the book before they removed or changed the word. Should I be arrested?

You might get attacked by Antifa.

Inertialmass

QuoteI wrote "Tom Sawyer" and "Huck Finn" for adults exclusively, and it always distressed me when I find that boys and girls have been allowed access to them. The mind that becomes soiled in youth can never again be washed clean. I know this by my own experience, and to this day I cherish an unappeased bitterness against the unfaithful guardians of my young life, who not only permitted but compelled me to read an unexpurgated Bible through before I was fifteen years old. None can do that and ever draw a clean sweet breath again on this side of the grave. -- Mark Twain

God and religion are not conveyances of Truth or Comfort.  They function as instruments of earthly social control.

GratefulApe

It was given to me in a box of old books. I've never read Tom Sawyer. I did look in the book to see if it had that word in it and it did. I closed the book and have no interest in reading it. Come to think of it. I may have thrown it away.

Inertialmass

I gather most editions still published continue in the original wording.  All our modern lit is full up with any and every nasty word or slur you care to read.  That's "art" and a free press.  We hear about it in the news when individual libraries and school boards are offended or when special, expurgated editions are produced only because they are the exceptions.

Questions legitimately arise when people use these words whether in lit or in daily life with deliberately offensive intent.  I once shared rent along with a bunch of Jewish guys from Long Island.  In the protected private setting they'd too often get going with racist clich?s on their perceived N****r problem.  I'm ashamed to admit that I played neutral for awhile.  Then one day, maybe after a few too many Narragansett beers, I performed a parody monologue on the slimy, parasitic, shyster K*k*s who skim livelihoods off the honest hard work of the decent goyim of the world.  I was honestly trying to teach a gentle, good-humored moral lesson.  I came damn near getting the crap gang-banged out of me.

GratefulApe

I just read a book written by my uncle. Paraphrasing here

He never engaged in racist talk but never countered others who did. He had to recover some burned to death warriors under his command while looking through the dog tags in order to document it and write letters to the families he noticed that some of them were labeled "black" along with their number he reflected on burned flesh all smelled the same. He said "all people are racist some are in recovery"

Kusa

Quote from: Inertialmass on November 22, 2017, 03:37:20 PM
I came damn near getting the crap gang-banged out of me.

You almost got gang-banged? That sounds like a pain in the ass.

Kusa

Airyaman

Please take a moment to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Atlanta, and Sweden.

Airyaman

Please take a moment to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Atlanta, and Sweden.

Airyaman

Airyaman

Airyaman

Airyaman

Airyaman

Kusa

We need them down at the southern border.

Airyaman

Airyaman

Kusa

Airyaman

Airyaman

Airyaman

Kusa

Not at all. I think it?s disgusting.