Cool Work-Arounds for those IGI Rules that You Love to Hate.

Started by eyeshaveit, December 06, 2015, 09:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyeshaveit

How to call someone a liar without incurring a forum violation for the insult. Here is an example of how to do it:

HonestDoorbells posts,
"I filled up my Rolls-Royce Phantom, 6.7 liter, 12 cylinder, automatic, yesterday and I checked my gas mileage. And I'm getting 113.67 miles per U.S. gallon. All that and I'm way overdue for dealer maintenance."

Now, go down several posts and,

InfallibleBiblePrince posts,
"A rumor is being circulated here that a Rolls-Royce can get over 110 miles per gallon. I never got that kind of mileage, nor even heard of it; have you?
Someone is circulating lies."

Wow, is that way too clever for words or what? It's a new way to game the system. Will wonders never cease?

Here's another real example:

Quote from: wilson on December 05, 2015, 04:33:05 PM
ANOTHER STRANGE THING!
JWB,
A rumor is being circulated here that some of JWs are on welfare.
Some people qualify for welfare; but after a lifetime of being a JW, I never met nor even heard of, any able-bodied JW on welfare.
Have you?

Someone is circulating lies.

You gotta love the ingenuity of some posters, no?
Jesus Christ died so you could have access to God.

Happy Evolute

The simplest way around the liar rule is "I don't believe you, dude."

||tip hat||
An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Mooby the Golden Sock

History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

none

the candle can only be lit so many times.

Teaspoon Shallow

"If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would.    That's the difference between me and your God." Tracie Harris

Happy Evolute

An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

none

eyeshaveit

Quote from: Teaspoon Shallow on December 06, 2015, 10:17:32 PM
Quote from: Schrodingers Outlaw on December 06, 2015, 07:28:01 PM
"Your sorry ass is lying"?

That would be found guilty.

Guilty? Yes of course, and that's why posting, "Someone is circulating lies.", is so dastardly clever.
You get to freely use the word, "lies", a word with such great power. It bores right in, and slaps a coat of mud and blood, on HonestDoorbells, or whoever else.
Lie - Lies - Lying - Liar - words that have the power to smear. 

none

Quote from: eyeshaveit on December 07, 2015, 08:57:11 AM
Quote from: Teaspoon Shallow on December 06, 2015, 10:17:32 PM
Quote from: Schrodingers Outlaw on December 06, 2015, 07:28:01 PM
"Your sorry ass is lying"?

That would be found guilty.

Guilty? Yes of course, and that's why posting, "Someone is circulating lies.", is so dastardly clever.
You get to freely use the word, "lies", a word with such great power. It bores right in, and slaps a coat of mud and blood, on HonestDoorbells, or whoever else.
Lie - Lies - Lying - Liar - words that have the power to smear. 

ha, hope.
you're clever, nice try though.

GratefulApe

Can I call someone a flat out mistruther?

Kiahanie

+1 GA.

Gonna have to look it up. Is that a Colbertism?

Hmmmm...... OneLook doesn't know about it. Looks like you've got a winner. Maybe. Do you feel lucky?
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

Inertialmass

Much to my surprise I seem to have got away in plenty of gun threads with something like, "You are trafficking in grotesque, conscious counterfactuals."

Oops.

Is there a statute of limitations here?
God and religion are not conveyances of Truth or Comfort.  They function as instruments of earthly social control.

none

Teaspoon Shallow

Quote from: Inertialmass on December 08, 2015, 05:06:14 AM
Much to my surprise I seem to have got away in plenty of gun threads with something like, "You are trafficking in grotesque, conscious counterfactuals."

Oops.

*REPORTED*

||razz||
"If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would.    That's the difference between me and your God." Tracie Harris

Boots

Quote from: Teaspoon Shallow on December 08, 2015, 11:43:34 AM

Oops.

*REPORTED*

||razz||

There's a nasty rumor going around that SOMEone is reporting old statute-of-limitations-is-up posts...

someone is lying!!!   ||beerchug||
Religion=institutionalized superstition

Apologetics=the art of making s**t up to make other made-up s**t sound more plausible

"To not believe in god is to know that it falls to us to make the world a better place."

~Sam Harris

eyeshaveit

Happy Evolute

Oops.

Statute of Limitations:  If a post remains unreported for more than 30 days then any Rule break it may contain will be considered "expired" i.e. no action will be taken over any such Rule or Etiquette break.  The effective date of a post will be deemed to be the date of the latest edit.

http://isgodimaginary.com/forum/index.php/topic,7981.0.html