Did Jesus LIE to his fellow condemned...?

Started by Augusto, August 09, 2015, 08:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Augusto

And he said unto Jesus, "Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom." And Jesus said unto him, "Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in Paradise." Luke 23:42-43

But  the scripture says Jesus didn't go to Heaven for THREE days after his death...so, not the same day when he and the criminal died???

||think||

Teaspoon Shallow

The location of an apostrophe matters. 

It has been added at a later date to provide a functioning sentence.  Why do they think they have put it in the right spot?

"If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would.    That's the difference between me and your God." Tracie Harris

Augusto

Kusa

Look here. The bible doesn't mean what it says. It says what you want it to mean.

Case

"You have formed us for Yourself, and our hearts are restless until they find rest in You." Augustine, Confessions, Book 1, Chapter 1

eyeshaveit

Jesus Christ died so you could have access to God.

Happy Evolute

Quote from: Teaspoon Shallow on August 09, 2015, 09:38:06 PM
The location of an apostrophe matters. 

It has been added at a later date to provide a functioning sentence.  Why do they think they have put it in the right spot?

??? ????? ????, ???? ???, ????, ??????? ???? ???? ??? ?? ?? ?????????.

I think the Codex Sinaiticus is all in uncials, with no punctuation at all.

||Kerly||

Anyhow, the Bible must be consistent, and "God" has a good record for lying, so clearly this must rub off on his "Son".

Genesis 2:17

An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Happy Evolute

An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Augusto