News:

Are you in the IGI Yearbook?

Main Menu

"Add image"

Started by Maggie the Opinionated, January 24, 2013, 02:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maggie the Opinionated

Add image has caused Chrome to crash on me 4 times in the last half hour. I am pretty sure I have used it before successfully so don't know if it is just me or if something has gone wrong with it.

Airyaman

Mine says "Insert Image" and I use Opera which doesn't crash when I click the button...so I'm no help.

Please take a moment to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Atlanta, and Sweden.

Maggie the Opinionated

You certainly aren't!

But are we talking about the same thing? "add image to post" is something new Mooby has added. It is directly above the comment box of every reply and pm. It is a really great feature because it allows us to by-pass hosting sites and upload pictures directly from our computers or, presumably, the web since you can insert a URL.

Airyaman

Oh yeah...I'm falling behind the times. Guess I'm just s simple poster, just inserting my own tags by hand.

Edit: logged in with Chrome, no crash when clicking either of the links (why ARE there two?).
Please take a moment to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Atlanta, and Sweden.

Woodrow LI

Also on Chrome. Just experimenting going to add an animated image by URL link via the new "add image to Post"

I didn't crash and if you see a mob chasing me below, it means it worked.

Woodrow LI

Well it did a lousey job. Here is what I uploaded via the new thing. Now I will do it by IMG as I usually do

Emily

Hmmmmm, Add Image works for me in Chrome. Here I am holding my new Raspberry Pi!

Woodrow

the reason your image looks so bad is because it's so small and Add Image is working on making it bigger (with a chosen resolution of 640 x 480. Basically add image is trying to enlarge it and doing so is distorting it to make it look lousy. 

Also Add Image doesn't seem to work with .gif files.

Emily

This is a cool feature to have. It saves everyone the burden of having to register at photobucket if they wish to post an image off their hard drive.

Woodrow LI

Quote from: Emily on January 26, 2013, 01:44:12 AM
This is a cool feature to have. It saves everyone the burden of having to register at photobucket if they wish to post an image off their hard drive.

Good point. Apparently it works best with JPEG images and from the HD instead of from an online URL.  I'll try a JPEG that I have on the laptop and see what happens. This is my now gone KC

He was my "Watch Cat" When he was a Kitten I put a watch on him as a collar. He loved it and from then on I always had to have a watch on him. He would get panic stricken if he didn't have his watch.

Mooby the Golden Sock

Woodrow, to keep your image from expanding, change the Resize option to "Do not resize my image."

The feature uses the hosting site postimage.org.  They have animated images on their server, so I don't know why they're not working for you guys.  Maybe they require an account.  I dunno; I haven't used the site much.
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

Woodrow LI

Quote from: Mooby the Golden Sock on January 26, 2013, 03:28:15 AM
Woodrow, to keep your image from expanding, change the Resize option to "Do not resize my image."

The feature uses the hosting site postimage.org.  They have animated images on their server, so I don't know why they're not working for you guys.  Maybe they require an account.  I dunno; I haven't used the site much.

I'll try an animated GIF I have on my HD and Use the "Do not" option and see what happens.

Mooby the Golden Sock

It's giving you the thumbnail to the image.  You have to click on the image to see the animated version.

So for animated images you can either remember to edit them to a direct link of the image, or just use a different host.  I only put that image uploader on here for the lazy and/or computer illiterate.
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

Woodrow LI

It doesn't like animated gifs

Here it is direct from photobucket

Woodrow LI

Quote from: Mooby the Golden Sock on January 26, 2013, 04:01:37 AM
It's giving you the thumbnail to the image.  You have to click on the image to see the animated version.

So for animated images you can either remember to edit them to a direct link of the image, or just use a different host.  I only put that image uploader on here for the lazy and/or computer illiterate.

Looks like I was writing my post as you were posting.

I'll Just stick with photobucket. I always load my pictures on it anyhow.  Us old goats had best stick to what we know and leave the new fangled stuff to you young'uns