How do I find which posts attracted karma?

Started by 3sigma, December 08, 2012, 12:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3sigma

Is there any easy way to see which of my posts attracted positive or negative karma?

I see my karma changing and sometimes I can?t see why. It seems as though people are applauding or smiting posts I made some time ago and I can?t easily find which ones. I?d like to know which posts provoked reactions at the very least.

I?d also like to know who reacted and why because I can?t see any point in having the karma system unless I can learn something from it, but I guess that?s a point of contention around here.
A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. – David Hume, 1711–1776

Mr. Blackwell

go into your profile and click the link to modifiy your profile then click for notifications. then change the drop down menu for "notify me when my karma is changed"
Unrestricted free speech, paradoxically, results in less speech, not more. - Yoel Roth

3sigma

Thank you, Mr Blackwell. That will help for karma changes from now on. I guess I'll just have to go back over my existing posts one by one to find the previous karma changes. I deserve that for not changing that profile setting before now. I didn't think much about that setting when I initially went through all the profile settings. I must have been expecting to be able to review a karma log so I didn't see the need to be notified for each change as well. It was only after searching in vain for a log that I decided to ask for help. Thanks again.
A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. – David Hume, 1711–1776

Mr. Blackwell

No probs...I experienced the same thing. It takes a minute to get used to it. I still miss not always knowing who changed my karma and why.
Unrestricted free speech, paradoxically, results in less speech, not more. - Yoel Roth

Garja

I miss it, but I think people are a lot more willing to give karma if they dont have to explain it.
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, then that of blindfolded fear."
~Thomas Jefferson

kevin

may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

Boots

Quote from: 3sigma on December 08, 2012, 12:12:05 AM
I?d also like to know who reacted and why because I can?t see any point in having the karma system unless I can learn something from it, but I guess that?s a point of contention around here.

emphasis added.

YANA, 3sigma.  Just ignore karma.
Religion=institutionalized superstition

Apologetics=the art of making s**t up to make other made-up s**t sound more plausible

"To not believe in god is to know that it falls to us to make the world a better place."

~Sam Harris

Emily