News:

IGI has a Facebook group!

Main Menu

Hi, I'm Game

Started by Game, September 17, 2012, 10:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Game

Haha funny.

Some of you may know me back from ATT where I called myself s m 0 k e and then s k. i n (I prefer this place to be private which means obfuscating a handle that RL friends know).

Those that don't know me, I'm a Scandinavian businessman and entrepreneur in my mid 30s with two kids aged 1 and 3, a lovely girlfriend that I'd like to marry but can't for tax reasons, 2 dogs and a threelegged cat.

I'm half caveman, half geek. Hobbies include MMA fighting, lifting weights, hunting, speedcubing, gaming, reading books (scifi and all sorts of non-fiction), and watching cable tv shows.

Oh, and I'm an atheist, always has been, and that's pretty easy in one of the most secular nations in the world.
Science is about understanding the world.
Business is about making other people misunderstand it.

Intelligently designed. Gets skin cancer from sun.

none

Quote from: Game on September 17, 2012, 10:02:16 PM
Haha funny.

Some of you may know me back from ATT where I called myself s m 0 k e and then s k. i n (I prefer this place to be private which means obfuscating a handle that RL friends know).

Those that don't know me, I'm a Scandinavian businessman and entrepreneur in my mid 30s with two kids aged 1 and 3, a lovely girlfriend that I'd like to marry but can't for tax reasons, 2 dogs and a threelegged cat.

I'm half caveman, half geek. Hobbies include MMA fighting, lifting weights, hunting, speedcubing, gaming, reading books (scifi and all sorts of non-fiction), and watching cable tv shows.

Oh, and I'm an atheist, always has been, and that's pretty easy in one of the most secular nations in the world.
I am an atheist animal.
Please to meet you.
the candle can only be lit so many times.

Game

I remember you from ATT :)

none

PamM

Hi Game

what's ATT?

welcome!

Hey, question

I posted this to facebook like yesterday, and a friend said, what the hell is up with Norway?  Not sure which Scandinavian country you're from, but can't be too far, right? (at least compared to me) - do you have an opinion?

none

Game, did I mention I am all animal and all atheist?

Game

Quote from: PamM on September 17, 2012, 10:37:02 PM
Hi Game

what's ATT?

welcome!

Hey, question

I posted this to facebook like yesterday, and a friend said, what the hell is up with Norway?  Not sure which Scandinavian country you're from, but can't be too far, right? (at least compared to me) - do you have an opinion?

ATT was a forum, atheist think tank, but the guy running it closed it down some time ago.

Norway has a lot of oil, so they're very rich.

Game

Quote from: none on September 17, 2012, 10:39:39 PM
Game, did I mention I am all animal and all atheist?

You did. We're quite alike in that regard.

Traveler

Hello and welcome aboard! I was on ATT too.  ||welcome||
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Mooby the Golden Sock

History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

nateswift

Hi, Game.  Looking forward to some interesting perceptions.  Welcome aboard.  Just out of curiosity, what percentage of the population there can converse effectively in English?  I had fun in Denmark some years ago with my English and a smattering of German working out questions and answers, and quite a few people spoke English..
The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do-  Kerouac

jetson

WWJD?  Well, for one thing, he might freak out and flip some tables.

SkunkButt

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong. 

Dennis Miller

Game

Quote from: nateswift on September 18, 2012, 02:14:09 AM
Hi, Game.  Looking forward to some interesting perceptions.  Welcome aboard.  Just out of curiosity, what percentage of the population there can converse effectively in English?  I had fun in Denmark some years ago with my English and a smattering of German working out questions and answers, and quite a few people spoke English..

I'd say around 80%. If the topic is advanced it drops significantly of course.

If you go to college you're going to get many books in English and probably a few classes run by a teacher that speaks English, so anyone below 40 with a higher education is going to be quite good - of course influenced by how often they use it.

Snakesandsuns

Welcome to the forum and stuff! +1
"All gods are three: Amun, Re and Ptah, whom none equals. He who hides his name as Amun, he appears to the face as Re, his body is Ptah." ~ Leiden hymns

Ratman

Quote from: Mooby the Golden Sock on September 17, 2012, 11:00:58 PM
I just lost The Game.
||grin||
Loser!!!  Hi Game, welcome to the finest site west of the pecos or is that east?  I can't remember what side of the pecos it is anymore.  I've been here too long.
There's no real relationship between what a person believes and what their religion ostensibly teaches them to believe.

Game

Can you see from where you get karma? I guess its just welcome karme I'm getting

Traveler

Quote from: Game on September 18, 2012, 10:02:12 PM
Can you see from where you get karma? I guess its just welcome karme I'm getting

Go to your profile, click on "notifications" and then click the box re: getting notifications when your karma is changed. It'll send you a PM whenever it changes, you can click on the bottom link in the PM and it will take you to the note that got applauded or smited. It won't tell you who did it, but at least you'll know which posts are getting attention. :)
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Balthazar

We are the 99%

leese

Howdy, Game. We've been running low on Atheists around here. Hope you'll find some of the conversations of interest to you. And any friend of none's is...um...welcome anyway.

Game

Quote from: leese on September 19, 2012, 07:36:38 AM
And any friend of none's is...um...welcome anyway.

I know him from ATT, not Facebook ;)

jawood

[In-between the Ears]

Hemingway

"Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken"

Game

I'm going to take a break from here. It's not that I don't like it, more like the contrary - I seem to end up spending too much time even when I try to just spend a little.

I'll try to stay away forever but I probably won't manage that ;)

Dexter

A bit late, but welcome. +1 for having some hobbies.
I begin today by acknowledging the Ngarluma people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work and live, and pay my respects to their Elders past and present. I extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.

Hemingway

Everything in moderation Game!  ||beerchug||
"Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken"

FGOH

Noooo - I have to know about your liposuction results.
I'm not signing anything without consulting my lawyer.

Lillium

I've been talking to you here without even realizing that I've spoken to you before on another forum.  O.o

A happy belated welcome to you Game. :)
Meow?

kevin

wait

did you hear about the texas aggie who went deer hunting, all by himself?

he was walking through the woods when he came across a beautiful woman lying naked on a blanket under the trees.

he looked at her and she gave him a big smile and said

Quote from: game

Hi, I'm Game . . .

. . . so he shot her.

hurry back
may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

FGOH

So - since you are back, Game, what happened about your liposuction? I've been dying to know!
I'm not signing anything without consulting my lawyer.