News:

IGI has a myspace page.  Please add us if you're a myspace fiend!

Main Menu

Questions about this community

Started by Augusto, March 02, 2012, 09:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Augusto

I would like to know, if possible, for a little bit of story of how this community came to be what it is now regarding members, policies, how the staff is selected, what inner rules you have, how old is the admin and staff in general terms and so on.

I am very interested. Thanks in advance...! ||popcorn||

Mooby the Golden Sock

History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

Augusto

Yeap, thanks Mooby, could you also explain to me, a little bit about how staff is selected and what are the rules for the staff?, things like that...

JudoChop

Allow me to answer this, Mods are highly trained and must endure a gruelling 3 year course in survival, close weapons training and unarmed combat. They are then selected by Chuck Norris who kicks a melon off the top of their heads in order to signal his approval.

Then and only then are they presented with the Mousemat of Justice.
Abdullah: You got me wrong, I'm not the Eel, I'm the one trying to prove to you that Eels are not Atheists.

Mooby the Golden Sock

Quote from: Augusto on March 02, 2012, 04:52:18 PM
Yeap, thanks Mooby, could you also explain to me, a little bit about how staff is selected and what are the rules for the staff?, things like that...
When we need more staff, we brainstorm a list of possible candidates, discuss them a bit, and then send offers via PM. We generally look for members who are active, write good posts, appear level-headed, and seem like people we want to work with. Generally, someone will also make a comment about maintaining a good theist/atheist mix on staff, but this is generally a non-issue as the list normally contains both from the outset.

The rules on staffs' member accounts are the same as for other members. Mod accounts are only for official business, and we have internal guidelines about how to use them properly.  We also require a minimum of 3 mods voting on all reports to try and reduce subjectivity.

Did I miss anything?
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

Augusto

No, I think that would be enough. So basically I think the heart of this community is based on a strong policy of following the rules, members that become mods are those who are:
- Respectful of the rules
- Smart
- Social

Basically this is what makes this forum so different, so there is no "chance" in the existence of this forum, and you could have racists, and even the whole community of WWGHA and still manage to grow, even when such event would cause several banns, and most likely the need of some extra mods.

This is interesting, because this community is together because of something more than just rules, it is the conviction that this rules are good that encourage members to follow and protect them. Therefore, the evolution of the community is guaranteed, as well as the survival of the core of this rules. While also it is very possible that this forum have a strong influence in members outside of internet, because the rules are "morally ideal".

Because of this the rules become "alive" in the community, as pretty much every member believes in them, sort of like a moral code, and there's not much need to impose the rules anymore, because it is now the members who help others to adapt.

jetson

Quote from: Augusto on March 03, 2012, 04:00:37 PM
No, I think that would be enough. So basically I think the heart of this community is based on a strong policy of following the rules, members that become mods are those who are:
- Respectful of the rules
- Smart
- Social

Basically this is what makes this forum so different, so there is no "chance" in the existence of this forum, and you could have racists, and even the whole community of WWGHA and still manage to grow, even when such event would cause several banns, and most likely the need of some extra mods.

This is interesting, because this community is together because of something more than just rules, it is the conviction that this rules are good that encourage members to follow and protect them. Therefore, the evolution of the community is guaranteed, as well as the survival of the core of this rules. While also it is very possible that this forum have a strong influence in members outside of internet, because the rules are "morally ideal".

Because of this the rules become "alive" in the community, as pretty much every member believes in them, sort of like a moral code, and there's not much need to impose the rules anymore, because it is now the members who help others to adapt.

<Edited to remove Rule #3 breach - Moderator 07>
WWJD?  Well, for one thing, he might freak out and flip some tables.

Traveler

Quote from: jetson on March 03, 2012, 04:30:22 PM
Whatever you say mr hypocrite.  Care to explain why you went directly to the WWGHA forum?  You have some real nerve being critical of a forum that you are actively abusing.

Agreed. Augusto, I know you've said you want to be banned over there, but seriously, this reflects poorly on you as a person, not on wwgha. There's really no excuse to be deliberately rude, here or there.

Edited to remove rule 3 violation information
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Augusto

Let's say Jetson you just insulted me...

"Whatever you say mr hypocrite."

Now, I don't know on which base you feel you have the right to critic my behavior.

Traveler, perhaps you might be interested in knowing that they have broken the rules over 100 times in less than a week against me, that I was bullied even by moderators, insulted, flammed, trolled, and even arrased, because one of them came here posting things related to the other forum, now Jetson is doing the same.

So, Traveler, I don't know if you're aware of what happened there but you might just check by yourself. Eitherway, Jetson have no right to accuse me of anything because, aside from his insult, he is talking of something that did not happen in this community, and is no different than if he have seen anything "bad" on my facebook, or knew anything "bad" from my personal life, and came here to post it, in the most offtopic way.

Now Jetson, feel free to insult me in the other community but don't deviate this topic, and show some respect for the rules. If you want (Traveler), you can just create a topic to discuss the subject, I would call it: "Is a pig in his right to call someone a pig?"

Now, I hope the topic can keep its track.

jetson

Quote from: Augusto on March 03, 2012, 04:58:16 PM
Let's say Jetson you just insulted me...

"Whatever you say mr hypocrite."

Now, I don't know on which base you feel you have the right to critic my behavior.

Traveler, perhaps you might be interested in knowing that they have broken the rules over 100 times in less than a week against me, that I was bullied even by moderators, insulted, flammed, trolled, and even arrased, because one of them came here posting things related to the other forum, now Jetson is doing the same.

So, Traveler, I don't know if you're aware of what happened there but you might just check by yourself. Eitherway, Jetson have no right to accuse me of anything because, aside from his insult, he is talking of something that did not happen in this community, and is no different than if he have seen anything "bad" on my facebook, or knew anything "bad" from my personal life, and came here to post it, in the most offtopic way.

Now Jetson, feel free to insult me in the other community but don't deviate this topic, and show some respect for the rules. If you want (Traveler), you can just create a topic to discuss the subject, I would call it: "Is a pig in his right to call someone a pig?"

Now, I hope the topic can keep its track.

Sorry buddy, you crossed a line with me.  Go ahead and report me for insulting you.  I can deal with that situation with the greatest of ease.  You have been caught acting beyond childish, and for no good reason, and now you will get to decide if you want to calm down, and carry on, or keep up your games.

By the way, you have a nice gift at the other forum.  Enjoy your stay.  Or...stop posting, your choice.
WWJD?  Well, for one thing, he might freak out and flip some tables.

Augusto

Yeap well I don't know what you mean by all that weird stuff you posted...

And well, this is why I did what I did, because I knew administrators in there were like childs, see how their rules doesn't apply? see how they follow anarchy? (they prevented me to post but kept my account) so that's a weird thing to call me childlish when your team, and most likeli yourself are doing this kind of actions. :)

So, I "crossed a line with you" oh man, is this a threat? what are you going to do next? :O

So "my games" well, I have nothing to say, only that you don't seem to see reality man, only what fits you. Eitherway, I'm not reporting you, I just decided not to report people as a personal conviction. Even when you have broken a few rules, I'm nobody to judge your actions. Either someone else reports you and you feel rejected by the majority if you cannot improve your behavior, or you eventually become one of us. I wouldn't be able to make any of those things by myself, so I will not waste my time by reporting people.

Oh and... your behavior is still unappropiated, because you're insisting with off-topics, thirth time and it will be spamm, you're more than welcome to create another topic, or leave me alone.

Thank you ||popcorn||

JadedPulse

Quote from: Augusto on March 03, 2012, 06:23:56 PM
I knew administrators in there were like childs, 

And you don't feel that you are acting like a child?
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow.

nateswift

People do get angry and do foolish things.  Best to back off and cool down.
The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do-  Kerouac

Augusto

JadedPulse: Well, I'm posting everywhere because I'm bored, actually I do believe I'm acting like a child. How about you? :)

Also, don't take it in the wrong way... you should check and consider my more serious arguments if you want to know more of my serious oppinion.

JadedPulse

Quote from: Augusto on March 03, 2012, 06:56:45 PM
JadedPulse: Well, I'm posting everywhere because I'm bored, actually I do believe I'm acting like a child. How about you? :)

Also, don't take it in the wrong way... you should check and consider my more serious arguments if you want to know more of my serious oppinion.

Thanks for the tip.
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow.

Jay

Whether Augusto was wrong or not.

Lets try to please leave what happens 'across the pond' at the door. 

Please and thank you.
I am me, if you dont like it, tough luck!

Traveler

Quote from: Traveler on March 03, 2012, 04:42:13 PM
Whatever you say mr hypocrite.  Care to explain why you went directly to the WWGHA forum?  You have some real nerve being critical of a forum that you are actively abusing.

Agreed. Augusto, I know you've said you want to be banned over there, but seriously, this reflects poorly on you as a person, not on wwgha. There's really no excuse to be deliberately rude, here or there.

Er. Can someone please tell me what I said that was a rule violation? I didn't get any notification, and certainly don't remember writing anything that violated. Thanks. I just looked up rule 3. Privacy violation? There must be a mistake ...
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Jezzebelle

Quote from: Traveler on March 04, 2012, 01:42:08 AM
Quote from: Traveler on March 03, 2012, 04:42:13 PM

Er. Can someone please tell me what I said that was a rule violation? I didn't get any notification, and certainly don't remember writing anything that violated. Thanks.

Rule 3 is private info and normally edited before you get the chance to (no 24 hrs), as to protect the info.  I'm guessing (since Mooby posted earlier) that posts from another forum are considered "private info."  Although I have to agree with Shan on this one, and perhaps we need to open a new thread about it... why would something posted on the public internet be considered private info?  You don't have to have an account to view the posts on WWGHA, so I would not assume that those posts be considered private info. 
It's so damn easy to say that life's so hard

Traveler

So, did my quote from jetson contain private info? I don't think I've even read his posts on the other forum, and I certainly don't remember quoting from them. I'm still confused.

acctnt_shan

To help prevent troll reports, I've created a thread related to the Rule 3 discussion here.
Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

Jay

I am me, if you dont like it, tough luck!

Augusto

There's a clear propaganda to the other forum going on right now.

Gnu said "as I told you in the other forum"
Monkeymind posted an invitation to the other forum.
Jetson have been talking about it quite a bit.

So this guys are clearly trying to find "lack of civility" in here, to drag people to the other community, to create problems, to promote drama and so on. I don't know if my presence here have become an excuse or opportunity for them, because I told them in their own forum I preffer this community over the other one, most of you already know the story, eitherway, I am just pointing at what I think it's going on right now.

nateswift

Quote from: Traveler on March 04, 2012, 01:53:10 AM
So, did my quote from jetson contain private info? I don't think I've even read his posts on the other forum, and I certainly don't remember quoting from them. I'm still confused.
You are right, Traveler.  There was a mistake.  I apparen'ty slipped down one post accidently when I intended to edit jetson's post and removed the same information from your quote without realizing what I had done.  Stick around, I pull even funnier stuff from time to time.  On the other hand, I would have removed it from the quote if I had known what I was doing, as the information was not appropriate by rule to post here and we have a policy of removing such information wherever it is posted.  So far as I know no violation for posting the quote, but barred info doesn't get to stay either.

My performances as a Moderator should answer some other questions about the community  ||sad||
The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do-  Kerouac

Traveler

Quote from: nateswift on March 04, 2012, 07:43:26 AM
Quote from: Traveler on March 04, 2012, 01:53:10 AM
You are right, Traveler.  There was a mistake.  I apparen'ty slipped down one post accidently when I intended to edit jetson's post and removed the same information from your quote without realizing what I had done.  Stick around, I pull even funnier stuff from time to time.  On the other hand, I would have removed it from the quote if I had known what I was doing, as the information was not appropriate by rule to post here and we have a policy of removing such information wherever it is posted.  So far as I know no violation for posting the quote, but barred info doesn't get to stay either.

My performances as a Moderator should answer some other questions about the community  ||sad||

Whew! Ok, no worries. Suggestion, then, to make it clearer in future. If you put your "edit ..." notice within the quote, it would be clear what had been edited out.  ||tip hat||