News:

IGI has a myspace page.  Please add us if you're a myspace fiend!

Main Menu

A question to moderator 8

Started by Jay, February 24, 2012, 04:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Nate,
Why are you posting on your mod account in the little boat vs composer thread?

Once, I could see as a mistake.  But three times over two days seems intentional to me.  And I thought the rules of moderation of this forum prevented that?
I am me, if you dont like it, tough luck!

nateswift

Since you ask publicly, I will answer publicly.  The first one was an error, I meant to post in the comment thread.  The rest is in consideration for the unusual circumstances of requiring that composer remove his posts which were convicted of trolling from the thread they were originally posted in, both because the number they were allowed to grow to before action was taken and because I thought it would be helpful to the debate thread to have that background posted and not lost.  I still have hopes something may come of that debate thread.
The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do-  Kerouac

Mooby the Golden Sock

Did either of them request you to post them?
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

nateswift

Nope, did it myself as composer is not all that familiar with options.
The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do-  Kerouac

Captain Luke

Jay

Nate,
I wasn't trying to call you out.

But I was struck by the incredible 'oddness' of it all. 

And I guess I could have sent a PM. But that didn't even enter my mind. I was originally going to ask in the thread itself. Then I thought...no. That isn't right of me. It is a debate thread. Then I was going to post it into the commentary thread. But then I thought, "s**t...that maybe construed as offtopic and counter productive".  So I made this thread.

Why the thought of a PM didn't enter my mind? IDK.
I am me, if you dont like it, tough luck!

nateswift

No prob, Jay.  It's just that I'm doing my best to show composer how to present his unique arguments and stay within the guidelines of the forum.