News:

IGI has a myspace page.  Please add us if you're a myspace fiend!

Main Menu

FAQ Update - Threads About A Single User

Started by Moderator 09, October 04, 2010, 03:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moderator 09

16. Why are some threads locked?

Threads can be locked for the following reasons:

(a) The thread consists of a single post by the Forum Admin containing some information
     of use to the membership. If the thread were not locked then the original post would become
     buried by further comment and thus difficult to access.

(b) An expired Corner thread will be locked because the thread (which was to give a restricted
     member somewhere to post) is no longer needed.

(c) Threads started by members using sock puppet accounts will be locked at the discretion of
     the Moderators if the thread serves no other purpose than to promote the sock puppet.

(d) Threads about a single forum member may be closed at that member's request.  (This does not apply to Corner threads.)

The Moderators reserve the right to lock other threads if deemed necessary, pending discussion
with the membership over further appropriate action.

New text in red.

This is in response to numerous recent requests to close threads about individual forum members.

JadedPulse

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow.

Kerlyssa

acctnt_shan

I like when people start threads about me... but maybe that's just the narcissist in me talking  ||grin||
Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

rickymooston

We shouldn't bad mouth the guy; not his fault he drinks American beer
"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute