News:

Are you in the IGI Yearbook?

Main Menu

Not Safe for Work Images

Started by Captain Luke, June 11, 2010, 01:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Luke

From our etiquette guidelines:
7. NSFW content.  NSFW means "Not safe/suitable for work."  Please do not post any images on this forum if their content is unsuitable for display in a public workplace. You can post links to online resources that are NFSW but you must clearly state that these links are NSFW.  If you post an embedded video or movie for display on the forum whose content is NSFW then you must likewise clearly state that the video contains images that are NSFW.  Images that contain profanity are considered NSFW on this forum.

Please note, you can link to pictures of your arse if you really want people to see it, just make mention of the fact that it is your arse and not necessarily suitable for a workplace environment!

The same goes for people eating babies and any number of internet delights!

Airyaman

No more women bouncing around in bikinis then?
Please take a moment to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Atlanta, and Sweden.

Mooby the Golden Sock

In other words, you can do this:

NSFW

*Sample image may actually be safe for work*
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

wabbit111

Don't quote me on that........

Mooby the Golden Sock

^^ You don't get it because you're not from the US.

rakhel

Quote from: Mooby the Golden Sock on June 11, 2010, 03:32:32 PM
In other words, you can do this:

NSFW

*Sample image may actually be safe for work*

ohhhhhhhhhhh
didn't really care until you said something about being american.
There are two ways to slide easily through life:
to believe everything or to doubt everything;
both ways save us from thinking.-Alfred Korzybski

Cheshire

Could you outline a little further what sort of content is NSFW?

So far I've got:

1. profanity
2. nudity
3. racist / offensive content

Does this only apply to linked media? Because quite a bit of the written commentary seems like it could fall under NSFW... in that case, What should be done?
./\_/\                                  /\  /\   
(>'.'<) This is Cheshire Kitty. >'.'<         '.'
(")_(")                                   "  �

FGOH

I don't think written commentary counts - someone would have to deliberately read over your shoulder. Images can be much more easily seen and thus get you in trouble.
I'm not signing anything without consulting my lawyer.

Mooby the Golden Sock

Quote from: Cheshire on June 11, 2010, 05:52:23 PM
Could you outline a little further what sort of content is NSFW?

So far I've got:

1. profanity
2. nudity
3. racist / offensive content

Does this only apply to linked media? Because quite a bit of the written commentary seems like it could fall under NSFW... in that case, What should be done?

It applies to images, links, and videos:

7. NSFW content.  NSFW means "Not safe/suitable for work."  Please do not post any images on this forum if their content is unsuitable for display in a public workplace.  You can post links to online resources that are NFSW but you must clearly state that these links are NSFW.  If you post an embedded video or movie for display on the forum whose content is NSFW then you must likewise clearly state that the video contains images that are NSFW.  Images that contain profanity are considered NSFW on this forum.

We actually don't have any list of NSFW content, outside of "images that contain profanity."  Up until now we've been deciding it in mod discussions.  Perhaps a FAQ entry is in order.  I'm going to consult the rest of the staff on this.

wabbit111

Don't quote me on that........

Airyaman

Again, a clarification then: photos of people in bathing suits, underwear, etc. would not be safe for work in most places. Does the same also apply here then?
Please take a moment to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Atlanta, and Sweden.

Tish

Maybe you could put NSFW in the Subject title of those dodgoir threads?
"Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill."
Buddha

acctnt_shan

So since it's in this thread's title... I'm assuming it's safe   ||grin||

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

rakhel

Quote from: acctnt_shan on June 11, 2010, 08:54:03 PM
So since it's in this thread's title... I'm assuming it's safe   ||grin||

oh now that is wrong and scary
There are two ways to slide easily through life:
to believe everything or to doubt everything;
both ways save us from thinking.-Alfred Korzybski

Mooby the Golden Sock

That's like... not safe for life.

acctnt_shan

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard