News:

IGI has a myspace page.  Please add us if you're a myspace fiend!

Main Menu

Member Photo Thread

Started by Dkit, August 10, 2008, 01:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

urs

Quote from: Jezzebelle on April 28, 2013, 11:05:30 PM
Your eyes look very pretty in that picture Urs!

Awww, thanks, Jezz! I feel sort of weird without my standard garish clown makeup, but I just don't have the time as of late to do my usual makeup routine.

Tom

Ur

Beauty is something that is internal that shines through the camouflage and disguises that people put on to hid the real person from view.

I was thinking just how beautiful the person that is being exposed in your photographs is, as the excesses fades from view and the real person is able to be seen by those around you and in your pics.  Your blue/grey eyes are beginning to stamp their appeal of you as a person on those who see you.

When I was much younger, I tried to hide the fact that my hair was greying quickly by cutting my hair short and when that did not work I allowed it to grow once more back down to my shoulder blades.  Now I have to keep it short because it frays quickly and breaks and spreads throughout the house and the vacuum cleaner was not able to cope with the long strands that tangle up its brushes etc.  My hair is white with age like my grandmother and my dad before me yet I still think that I am young and can keep up with my sons, both pushing towards their 40's, on my motorbike as they race ahead of me on theirs.

It takes time to discover the beauty inside of another person and the hardest beauty to discover is the natural beauty that resides inside of oneself.  We become so busy in our lives that we do not have the time to discover who we are ourselves and how our beauty impacts the people around us.  It is so rewarding when we have that time to discover and present who we really are, warts and all.

Shalom

Tom

PS: - I am not suggesting that we both have a wart on our nose.

Maggie the Opinionated

That is a beautiful photo. Why not give that look a tryout for a couple weeks or so? It is a really nice one.

urs

Quote from: Tom on April 29, 2013, 05:32:40 AM
Ur

Beauty is something that is internal that shines through the camouflage and disguises that people put on to hid the real person from view.

I was thinking just how beautiful the person that is being exposed in your photographs is, as the excesses fades from view and the real person is able to be seen by those around you and in your pics.  Your blue/grey eyes are beginning to stamp their appeal of you as a person on those who see you.

When I was much younger, I tried to hide the fact that my hair was greying quickly by cutting my hair short and when that did not work I allowed it to grow once more back down to my shoulder blades.  Now I have to keep it short because it frays quickly and breaks and spreads throughout the house and the vacuum cleaner was not able to cope with the long strands that tangle up its brushes etc.  My hair is white with age like my grandmother and my dad before me yet I still think that I am young and can keep up with my sons, both pushing towards their 40's, on my motorbike as they race ahead of me on theirs.

It takes time to discover the beauty inside of another person and the hardest beauty to discover is the natural beauty that resides inside of oneself.  We become so busy in our lives that we do not have the time to discover who we are ourselves and how our beauty impacts the people around us.  It is so rewarding when we have that time to discover and present who we really are, warts and all.

Shalom

Tom

PS: - I am not suggesting that we both have a wart on our nose.

Tom, this was really, really nice. TOO nice, probably, but I'll take it. Everyone has been lovely. Thank you. +1's all around!

urs

Welllll....I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't settle on a color, so I did them all. Also, try to ignore my smudged eye makeup. I took this first thing in the morning, when the light was good.

Hemingway

^ Hubba hubba!

Lookin' good Urs!  ||wink||
"Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken"

Garja

I like it urs!

So, here is me and the male side of my family.

Me, Dad, cousin, middle brother, little brother.
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, then that of blindfolded fear."
~Thomas Jefferson

Tom

It looks great and adds to the beauty already there.

Hemingway

"Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken"

leese

Thanks for the great family pic. How many more Garja (female?) siblings are there?

Garja

^ Zero.  There hasn't been a female born with my last name since about 1962 - my dads sister (who had two girls).  Since I am having a boy the joke is that my Dad's y chromosome is like superman.

In related news. 3rd trimester started Friday.  ||tip hat||
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, then that of blindfolded fear."
~Thomas Jefferson

Jezzebelle

Congrats Garga!  That reminds me, where is Emily... she should be due this month or next?

Emily you better bring baby pics!  :)
It's so damn easy to say that life's so hard

Emily

Quote from: Garja on May 07, 2013, 03:16:53 PM
^ Zero.  There hasn't been a female born with my last name since about 1962 - my dads sister (who had two girls).  Since I am having a boy the joke is that my Dad's y chromosome is like superman.

Ha, my family is the opposite. I have three sisters and all my cousins on my dad's side are female but 2.

Quote from: Jezzebelle on May 07, 2013, 11:20:45 PM
where is Emily... she should be due this month or next?

Emily you better bring baby pics!  :)

Oh, I will, and June 15th!  ||cheesy|| Ugh, it's dragging.

Jezzebelle

yay!  final weeks!  congrats :)
It's so damn easy to say that life's so hard

Emily

Thanks!  ||smiley||

The final weeks seem the most stressful. Realistically, my husband and I have everything all set up. We have pretty much everything we need but it still seems like we need more. It's kind of rough because we chose to keep the sex of the baby until she/he's born.

One bad thing about this is that my sister is thinking about moving out, and I don't want her too. She said she'll feel like a fourth wheel with a baby around.  ||sad|| I mean, I expect her to not live with us forever, but still... I love my little Mogo, she can't leave! ||hug||

Garja

Quote from: Emily on May 08, 2013, 12:38:17 AM
Thanks!  ||smiley||

The final weeks seem the most stressful. Realistically, my husband and I have everything all set up. We have pretty much everything we need but it still seems like we need more. It's kind of rough because we chose to keep the sex of the baby until she/he's born.

One bad thing about this is that my sister is thinking about moving out, and I don't want her too. She said she'll feel like a fourth wheel with a baby around.  ||sad|| I mean, I expect her to not live with us forever, but still... I love my little Mogo, she can't leave! ||hug||

Tell her a 4 wheel vehicle is more stable than a tric.

You really are on the home stretch! Best of luck to you, glad I get to sit back and watch/worry - and dont have to pass anything though my body... I mean seriously... look at the heads of the men on that couch.  There is a lot of skull there - The Garja family doesn't wear many hats.
~Thomas Jefferson

styleislove

I am in the process of dying my hair turquoise, urs inspired me to actually go through with my dream of having awesome colored hair.

I'll post le pics when it is finished. I am bleaching my hair now, I'll post pics when that is done too, maybe, if it doesn't look horrendous.
You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.
So I'm going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how.
8y 8eing me.

styleislove

^I look like a monster. D: IT'S GREEN HOW DID IT TURN GREEN

8y 8eing me.

rickymooston

It's hard to compete with urs the color master but +1 for the nice pics any way.
"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

urs

Style, turquoise often gets greenish when the hair underneath has a lot of yellow or golden tones in it. Turquoise is tricky because you just about need your hair to be white for it to come out right, which is incredibly difficult to do without destroying your hair. Regardless, I like the green!

styleislove

^ Well, oh well. I think it's kinda nice really. :D

8y 8eing me.

Tero

This is at least 10 years old, a rare smiling shot.

Ratman

+1 Tero.  Looking good.  ||smiley||
There's no real relationship between what a person believes and what their religion ostensibly teaches them to believe.

acctnt_shan

This is technically a bit old - but I don't *think* I've been here since well before this was taken.  This is a picture of me in the Berkshires, where BF and I spent our 6th anniversary last October  ||smiley||
Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

kevin

hi shannon

this is me toying with death

death has grown into a fiercely protective pitbull mix who sleeps with the kittens on his paws and terrorizes strangers.
may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

none

Quote from: kevin on May 24, 2013, 11:19:44 PM
hi shannon

this is me toying with death

death has grown into a fiercely protective pitbull mix who sleeps with the kittens on his paws and terrorizes strangers.
looks like those estrogen shots are working... keep up the good work..
the candle can only be lit so many times.

Emily

Here I am from last year with my most favorite people in the world (minus two):

(left to right. Some chick I don't know, me Emilie, my husband Mike, my good friend Sara, her then boyfriend Allen, and my not-so-baby sister Morgan  ||hug||).

acctnt_shan

Hi Kevin!  Cute doggie  ||smiley||
Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

Maggie the Opinionated

Shan! It is so good to have you back. And still cooking!

acctnt_shan

Thanks Maggie!  I can't promise I'll be around loads, but I felt like stopping in to say hi to everyone!   ||smiley||