Are you in the IGI Yearbook?

Main Menu

Member Photo Thread

Started by Dkit, August 10, 2008, 01:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yog

Urs, your hair is gorgeous as ever. <3

k, so those that remember, this is me acc to my fb profile;

Not a great pic, but there's method to the madness. What I really wanted to show you was me, me, me, me, me.

Since I moved out to the Middle East, my Venture Scouts were disappointed I couldn't get home for the Christmas Party.. Feckin kids, I have a whole album full of these snaps of me touring Dublin now;

||cheesy||

GodsPROMISE

Hemingway

Ha ha...... Brilliant Yog!
"Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken"

urs

OMG Yog that's hilarious!!!! Make yourself famous and call it an art project. See how many people you can get to wear your face. I wish I had thought of it!

Ok, I mentioned elsewhere that I might post a pic of my new, all-pink hair, so here it is.

Jezzebelle

gorg!  +1

you look like you could be a superhero!
It's so damn easy to say that life's so hard

kevin

she'd be better at it than i was, for sure
may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

leese

Wait til' robsisgi gets a look at our urs... ||grin||

Hemingway

Beautiful Urs!

Kev. you is the bestest superhero ever!
"Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken"

urs

Thank y'all!

It's not the craziest hair I've done, but I am liking it for the moment.

Jay

Quote from: Jezzebelle on February 26, 2013, 02:30:41 AM
gorg!  +1

Quote from: kevin on February 26, 2013, 04:04:30 AM

Very true.  I am willing to bet she would look better in the tights as well.   ||grin||
I am me, if you dont like it, tough luck!

urs

Quote from: Jay on February 26, 2013, 08:48:06 PM
Quote from: Jezzebelle on February 26, 2013, 02:30:41 AM
gorg!  +1

Quote from: kevin on February 26, 2013, 04:04:30 AM

Very true.  I am willing to bet she would look better in the tights as well.   ||grin||

This is as close as I get to superhero: Toothfairy.

Jay

Okay. Now your just trying to ruin me for all other women!!

Meat

"Brilliant Meat!" +1 (composer)
"Amen Meat." (Former Believer)
"Like Meat said." (Francis)
"Not brilliant, Meat!" — Villanelle
"Damned right Meat." -Kusa
 "You call this comment censorship Meatless?" (Boobs)

Jay

Quote from: Meat on February 27, 2013, 02:57:30 PM
^Pull a tooth.  ||whistling||

If urs appeared in my bedroom evertime a tooth appeared under my pillow, I would go back to school for denistry.  And my patients would all be toothless.  ;)

urs

Ha! Well, I am glad I am not the only one who thought my costume was awesome. Especially when you consider that I made the skirt and just had the rest of that stuff laying around. Because you never know when you're gonna need a pair of checkered thigh highs and/or rainbow wings.

Also, if you want to talk about ruined, then I feel it pertinent to point out that my husband is the sandwich maker in this relationship. I contribute nothing except unicorns and glitter, which aren't as useful as you would think.

Jay

Quote from: urs on February 27, 2013, 06:17:10 PM
Also, if you want to talk about ruined, then I feel it pertinent to point out that my husband is the sandwich maker in this relationship. I contribute nothing except unicorns and glitter, which aren't as useful as you would think.

Your husband makes sandwiches out of glitter and Unicorns?   ||shocked||

nateswift

had the rest of that stuff laying around.
I gotta know.....do you hafta keep those boots in a fireproof safe?
The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do-  Kerouac

SHIN KAIRI

Quote from: urs on February 13, 2013, 04:43:04 AM
My hair is red and pink and purple. It's not my favorite, but it's something different.

Very beautiful. Who do you think you should thank for that? God? or a soup of molecules that formed billions and gazillions(unknown) of years ago?

Hhhhmmm... tough one... ||think||
I belong to no church. Religion leads to death.

Hell is not real. The 10 commandments were not done away with.

Yah wishes all be saved.

Check my profile for Truth.

SHIN KAIRI

I belong to no church. Religion leads to death.

Hell is not real. The 10 commandments were not done away with.

Yah wishes all be saved.

Check my profile for Truth.

urs

Quote from: SHIN KAIRI on February 28, 2013, 01:13:00 AM
Quote from: urs on February 13, 2013, 04:43:04 AM
My hair is red and pink and purple. It's not my favorite, but it's something different.

-snip-

Very beautiful. Who do you think you should thank for that? God? or a soup of molecules that formed billions and gazillions(unknown) of years ago?

Hhhhmmm... tough one... ||think||

I don't color my hair with old molecule soup. I just don't think that would be bright enough for me.

urs

Quote from: Jay on February 27, 2013, 07:52:05 PM

Your husband makes sandwiches out of glitter and Unicorns?   ||shocked||

No, that's what I meant when I said they weren't as useful as you would think.

Also, another character reference for me:

urs

Quote from: nateswift on February 28, 2013, 12:55:14 AM
had the rest of that stuff laying around.
I gotta know.....do you hafta keep those boots in a fireproof safe?

Nate, those aren't even my craziest shoes.

catwixen

Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow?

Jay

As promised.  From my recent hog hunting expedition.

Can you see me? 

Mr. Blackwell

Unrestricted free speech, paradoxically, results in less speech, not more. - Yoel Roth

Jay

Quote from: Mr. Blackwell on March 03, 2013, 05:30:21 PM
I see a hog's ass ;)

Very good eye.  Yes, there is a hog's ass in the picture.  Off to the right.  ;)

leese

Jay, do you butcher or take Babe somewhere else to be made into chops and sausages?

Jay

Quote from: leese on March 03, 2013, 08:52:18 PM
Jay, do you butcher or take Babe somewhere else to be made into chops and sausages?

The place I went to was guided.  So they clean and quarter up the hogs for you.

Here is me with my 'tough guy' face on.  :)

I am in the middle.   ||tip hat||

I gave some tips on 'redneck juice' here, on how to ice and get any 'gamey' taste out of the meat.   
http://isgodimaginary.com/forum/index.php/topic,52869.msg636627.html#msg636627

Once the quartered meat is iced for a few days, I have a few choices.  The loins are the best part.  You can cut them into chops, or a roast to your desire.  The hams(the rear legs) you can either smoke into an actual ham, bake as a roast, or cut up and make a stew from them.  The front legs have what are called the boston butt cut.  These are perfect for pulled pork.  I also use them sometimes for sausage(I make my own sausage typically).  Anything else, you can smoke, make into jerky, make into more sausage, or make into stew meat.  It is all good.

You can take it all to a meat processor and they will cut them up into chops and roasts and make the rest into sausage if you wish.  I dont typically do that, and prefer to do the final processing myself.  But that is just me.

leese

If we're going to eat meat, at least I can say that  this is better treatment than most animals get in a slaughter house. I've never had fresh pork. ( no matter how I say that, it sounds filthy. ) How greasy is wild pig?  They look so much leaner than farmed pigs. I envision all the neighborhood dogs gathering at your house when you smoke.

Jay

Quote from: leese on March 03, 2013, 09:55:57 PM
If we're going to eat meat, at least I can say that  this is better treatment than most animals get in a slaughter house. I've never had fresh pork. ( no matter how I say that, it sounds filthy. ) How greasy is wild pig?  They look so much leaner than farmed pigs. I envision all the neighborhood dogs gathering at your house when you smoke.

Yes.  Wild hog is typically less fatty than farm raised pig.  Although it really depends on their diet.  The place I went to is a game ranch.  The hogs run free in the hunting areas, but they also have feeders that release corn.

But it depends on how long they have been at the ranch.  This place gets its hogs from trappers, who trap them in cow pastures and farm land, where they are a real nuisance.  Hogs will tear up the farmland destroying crops, and tear up grazing fields, where cows can break a leg and then have to be put down.  The trappers trap them wild, and then bring them to this ranch who pays them per hog and releases them into his hunting areas.  So, depending on how long they have been at the ranch, will depend on how much corn they have been feeding on.  Some of them may have been 'raised' their whole life in these areas, as I saw quite a few 'little ones' running around as well.  The owner said he gets probably about 30-50 hogs brought to him from trappers all around the area per week.

It is not 'greasy' in my opinion at all.  And I typically have to add some fat to my sausage mix or it is too lean.  I typically use pork fat that I buy cheap from the butcher shops for this.

As an FYI, for any 'PETA' lovers out there. They are not kept in cages or anything.  The hunting areas are quite large.  Probably about 10-20(or larger) acre plots of land fenced in.  The place had a total of 425 acres, with probably about 5-10 hunting areas spread out, with cow grazing area taking up the rest.