Member Photo Thread

Started by Dkit, August 10, 2008, 01:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetling

Keepin' it Real!

Sweetling

Keepin' it Real!

David M

WARNING: Amateur psychiatrists have determined that this poster can be hazardous to your peace of mind.  Do not consume anything written by this poster unless accompanied by adequate doses of salt.

Sweetling

That is correct. I AM God. And I proclaim that evolution is real. And it's spectacular.
Keepin' it Real!

David M

Quote from: Sweetling on November 01, 2010, 03:12:38 AM
That is correct. I AM God. And I proclaim that evolution is real. And it's spectacular.

Well, regardless of whether you are God, a mere product of evolution, or somewhere in between, you are certainly a beautiful sight to behold.

||tip hat||
WARNING: Amateur psychiatrists have determined that this poster can be hazardous to your peace of mind.  Do not consume anything written by this poster unless accompanied by adequate doses of salt.

Brakeman

Since I'm behind a Bosch company firewall I have never seen your picture, but I must say that the hype makes me believe you are quite the beauty. I hope you never age and your beauty is timeless as is these theists' god.
Brakeman:
The origin of life is certainly not the most important question in the universe, not even for Christians.
wilson:
So - how do you know? what can you do or know without life?

Sweetling

Quote from: Brakeman on November 01, 2010, 10:13:35 PM
Since I'm behind a Bosch company firewall I have never seen your picture, but I must say that the hype makes me believe you are quite the beauty. I hope you never age and your beauty is timeless as is these theists' god.

Thanks, B. My alleged beauty is a bit overblown. I'm attractive, but there's nothing a good angle, low light and a lot of photoshop can't improve.
Keepin' it Real!

David M

Quote from: Sweetling on November 01, 2010, 10:58:03 PM
Quote from: Brakeman on November 01, 2010, 10:13:35 PM

Thanks, B. My alleged beauty is a bit overblown. I'm attractive, but there's nothing a good angle, low light and a lot of photoshop can't improve.

Don't let her kid you, Brakeman.  A beautiful woman looks in the mirror and can barely see herself for what she perceives as flaws.  Her eyes are deep and pensive, yet sparkle with a youthful gentleness, and her smile would melt the heart of the coldest villan.  Her cheeks appear as if sculpted out of marble yet as soft as the freshest marshmellows.  I cannot even describe her lips lest I risk banishment from the forum, and the whole picture is framed in the most graceful, silken curls gently falling round her face.

I'll admit to being somewhat biased, as I find most woman to be quite beautiful.  Still, I feel qualified by decades of appreciation of such beauty to rate her among the most stunning.  Perhaps I can best complete the picture for you by saying that if you put hers between Ingrid Bergman and Elizabeth Taylor (in her prime), Sweetling would not look at all out of place.

Now, as I've only seen her face, the rest of her could indeed by quite horrid, but I cannot imagine that God would be so cruel.

Sweetling

Ah. So your imagination does fail at some point. Let me assure you that nature, if not your god, has played some tricks on me. But that was a lovely pean.
Keepin' it Real!

David M

Quote from: Sweetling on November 02, 2010, 12:14:46 AM
Ah. So your imagination does fail at some point. Let me assure you that nature, if not your god, has played some tricks on me. But that was a lovely pean.

Nature, aided by childbirth, no doubt, but motherhood only makes you all the more beautiful.  You're not supposed to look like a teenager any more, you know.   ||wink||

And thanks.  I meant every word.

Jezzebelle

It's so damn easy to say that life's so hard

Shylala

aw you both look adorable! +1
-Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory.

rickymooston

Quote from: urs on October 23, 2010, 02:35:58 AM
A pic of me and my friend Ty at our class reunion a couple weeks ago. It was surprisingly fun.

you look a like if her hair was blue or if u wewre taller
"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

rickymooston

"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

Captain Luke

I don't have a dulcimer. Myron is posting out of date photos of me so I thought I would set the record straight.
This is me trying to work out why my head goes the wrong way when trying to take a photo of myself on a webcam, a few months ago:

Me reading the Moderator bias thread:

Me desperately trying to make my left eye seem the same size as my right:

That's it for the next 5 years.

acctnt_shan

It's a shame you don't like me Luke, or I'd give a compliment  ||razz||
Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

Captain Luke

Don't worry Shan. I know.

It's a lovely scarf.

Jezzebelle

what's the scar on your forehead from?

(i have yet to meet a boy who does not a scar somewhere on their face from some type of accident that happened from age 2-9)

Captain Luke

Glass door, head first when I was two. My Mum was at the launderette about 8 months pregnant with my younger brother and my Dad was "looking after" me and my two older brothers. I went flying into the door, he wasn't very good with blood so he wrapped a towel round my head, took me to the lauderette and handed me to my Mum. "I think this one's yours".

acctnt_shan

Four boys in your family?   ||shocked||  Bless your Mum! 
Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

Captain Luke

And people wonder why I argue so much...

acctnt_shan

Quote from: Captain Luke on November 11, 2010, 06:52:07 PM
And people wonder why I argue so much...

It does explain a lot  ||grin|| 

Hopefully it's clear that I am teasing you...

Jezzebelle

Son of Man

Quote from: Captain Luke on November 11, 2010, 06:26:17 PM
Glass door, head first when I was two. My Mum was at the launderette about 8 months pregnant with my younger brother and my Dad was "looking after" me and my two older brothers. I went flying into the door, he wasn't very good with blood so he wrapped a towel round my head, took me to the lauderette and handed me to my Mum. "I think this one's yours".

If I had a scar like that, I'd make up a story about a bar fight.

I have a scar from when I needed to have bone removed from my hip to fix to repair my leg with.  It's on my hip and a few inches long with little puncture scars along both sides where the staples went in.  For fun, I would pass this scar off as an alligator bite. 
"Our old forum is dead we should bring a newborn one to life."  
Steve Ox, GLF Forum, July 28, 2008

Sita

Quote from: Son of Man on November 11, 2010, 09:34:18 PM
I have a scar from when I needed to have bone removed from my hip to fix to repair my leg with.  It's on my hip and a few inches long with little puncture scars along both sides where the staples went in.  For fun, I would pass this scar off as an alligator bite. 

I have a scar on my earlobe from an earring that was accidentally pulled out of my ear.  It later became infected and some scar tissue grew on it that I had to have removed. My left earlobe is now visibly shorter than my right and has a vertical scar.  It looks like a small bite was taken out of it.  People will ask me what happened and I always tell them that I went camping and while asleep a raccoon came into the tent and bit my earlobe off.  The looks I get are priceless.  ||grin||
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.  Carl Sagan

Son of Man

That's great.  : )
+1   ||thumbs||
"Our old forum is dead we should bring a newborn one to life."  
Steve Ox, GLF Forum, July 28, 2008

Tish

Quote from: Sita on November 11, 2010, 10:38:24 PM
I have a scar on my earlobe from an earring that was accidentally pulled out of my ear.    ||grin||

||shocked||  I had that exact thing happen!!  Except not the raccoon bite...   ||grin||
"Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill."
Buddha

kevin

scars? should this be a new thread?

i have scars from deep dogbites on my thigh and left arm (different dogs). i have 3rd degree burn scars from a motorcycle fracas on my right foot (bad day, that)

i have caustic burns from potassium hydroxide on my left thigh (oil rig work), and my hands have scars all over them that i can't remember the origins of

zz, i also have a childhood scar on my face, but only my mother remembers why i have it

i lost lots of skin from my back and right arm from stepping off my motorcycle at 110 mph, but that doesn't show any more

i have never been bitten by a raccoon either
may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

acctnt_shan

I have the funniest true scar story...

You can't really see it in most of my pictures, but I have a tiny scar right below my lower lip.

One year a bunch of my friends and I went to Six Flags Fright Fest for Halloween.  There was this guy dressed as a zombie that kept deliberately following us and staring and trying to freak us out.  Anywho, trying to play all tough in front of my friends, I stared back at him and he came up till he was standing literally like 2 inches from my face.  To try and startle me, he went to shake this noisemaker really quickly near my head (it was like a can with dry beans in it or something)... and apparently he misjudged the distance and whacked me right in the mouth with the stupid thing. 

I was laughing until I realized it was bleeding... and badly.  It actually had cut through to the inside of my mouth... The hour ride home was miserable lol and it was painful to eat/drink for the next few days (thankfully my tetanus shot was up to date).  And now, 7 years later, I still have a white scar there.

On reflection, I definitely should have milked Six Flags for something more.  I didn't even get my admission refunded.   ||hammerhead||

Sita

I also have a large scar across my neck from when I had my thyroid removed.  Whenever I'm asked about it my response is... head transplant.  I get strange looks for that too.  ||grin||
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.  Carl Sagan