News:

Are you in the IGI Yearbook?

Main Menu

Hello :)

Started by Dan, September 29, 2008, 09:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

I've been on the WWGHA and ATT forums for a while now, and I got off to a pretty poor start!
So i'm coming here to try and get in on some good debates ||wink||

Looks pretty good from what i can see!
I'll look forward to talking with you all ||cheesy||

Vynn

Welcome, Dan.

You'll pardon me if i don't recall any "poor start" of yours on either of those forums. You'll notice that i've deleted my account at ATT, so i hope to see your opinions here since i'll likely not see them elsewhere.
Signature deleted by mods

Son of Man

Dan, welcome aboard!  We hope things go better for you here.  : )

+1
"Our old forum is dead we should bring a newborn one to life."  
Steve Ox, GLF Forum, July 28, 2008

rickymooston

"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

cmarie

Welcome aboard Dan. :)

Hope you enjoy.
The highest point a man can attain is not knowledge, or virtue, or goodness, or victory, but something even greater, more heroic and more despairing:
Sacred Awe!
—Nikos Kazantzakis

Dan

Quote from: Vynn on September 29, 2008, 09:19:24 PM
Welcome, Dan.

You'll pardon me if i don't recall any "poor start" of yours on either of those forums. You'll notice that i've deleted my account at ATT, so i hope to see your opinions here since i'll likely not see them elsewhere.

Thankyou, Vynn :)

Ahh well I just thought i jumped in with too many arguments regarding science.
Mainly because I don't know too much about religion and/or theology since I'm only studying Physics right now ||rolleyes||
So I'm going to see if I can lay off that a bit, probably won't though!

I didn't realise!
Howcome you've deleted it?
I always enjoyed your posts ||wink||

Oh and thanks to everyone else for the welcoming!

Happy Evolute

Welcome, Dan!

+1 for joining.

... and +1 to Vynn too, I deleted my account at ATT a couple of months ago.

An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Dan

Why thank you ||tip hat||

Seems very welcoming on here, are there any crazy fundamentalists i should know of?

Happy Evolute

There are some crazy fundamentalist atheists.  Watch out for Assyriankey, for example.

An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Dan

Haha! Well i've seen his posts, and I like it ;)

Assyriankey

Hi Dan, welcome and thanks for joining!

I am not fundy atheist, I am new age atheist :)

HE is fundy atheist - he thinks that the word atheist should be interpreted literally.

I tried to explain to him that:

a-theism = an alternative belief-set to theism but he is very set in his ways :)
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

Sunnysweets

Hi Dan!  ||grin|| and welcome!!
"There might be more than you believe, there might be more than you can see" ~ 3 Doors Down

Happy Evolute

Quote from: Assyriankey on October 01, 2008, 01:55:48 AM
Hi Dan, welcome and thanks for joining!

I am not fundy atheist, I am new age atheist :)

HE is fundy atheist - he thinks that the word atheist should be interpreted literally.

I tried to explain to him that:

a-theism = an alternative belief-set to theism but he is very set in his ways :)

Dan, don't listen to him.  He is confusing atheism with Atheism.

If you are an Atheist you follow the revealed teachings of the great goddess Athe, who revealed to the True Atheists that there is only one life and that all morals are relative.  Obviously Atheists believe in gods, because Athe is a god, well a goddess, which probably counts for more.

||smiley||

Assyriankey

Quote from: Happy Evolute on October 01, 2008, 10:18:43 AM
Obviously Atheists believe in gods, because Athe is a god, well a goddess, which probably counts for more.
HE, I fixed your missing link!

Yes, probably counts for more :)
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.