News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

Jake Jensen Made Me Do This... :)

Started by CoryT, August 22, 2008, 08:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoryT

Jake Jensen found my website, God is NOT Imaginary, which is a Christian reply to God is Imaginary and Why Won't God Heal Amputees. He told me about this site, so I thought I'd join up and discuss God with everyone here. This sounds like a much nicer forum than GII/WWGHA for believers, and I see that this is where Theology Online rejects end up. I figure that this site will scare me far less than the folks over at TOL. Yes, that's right, TOL scares believers, too!

Anyway, my name is Cory (I know, imaginative handle). Hi all!

Airyaman

Yes, we are just sheep in wolves' clothing here. +1 for joining.
Please take a moment to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Atlanta, and Sweden.

Happy Evolute

An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Traveler

Hello and welcome aboard! I hope you feel welcome, because discussion is our only hope to understand each other.  ||thumbs||
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Erus Raphanus

[gibbers and weeps uncontrollably at mention of TOL, ending up sobbing in foetal position on floor]

||sad||

[Gets up]

Allow me introduce myself, I'm a TOL member. How do you do :) Always nice to have a few reasonable, normal, non-homicidal, non-theocratic monarchist believers around. Helps restore my (heh) faith in Christians after the T(r)OL(l)  ||troll|| experience! Look forward to hearing your perspectives and seeing a bit of the proper type of Christianity (or as our wonderful Enyart gang would say, perverted godless child-molesting hatred) which doesn't involve genocide!

Oh, this board seems so... normal! :D
- We need to make a reality check here. Roll a d20! -
- And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does

Scrabble Hamster

Quote from: CoryT on August 22, 2008, 08:00:59 PM
This sounds like a much nicer forum than GII/WWGHA for believers, and I see that this is where Theology Online rejects end up.

Hi Cory! Welcome to the forum. I was a member of WWGHA and Theology Online. This place is better. :)
If we long to believe that the stars rise and set for us, that we are the reason there is a Universe, does science do us a disservice in deflating our conceits? - Carl Sagan

Son of Man

Hi, Cory.  I think I was searching for our site on google when I found the other pages with a similar title. At this point, Yahoo seems to like us a lot more than Google.  The forum is just getting started, though, and I expect more traffic in the future. 

As you mentioned, we are making an effort to not merely be a site that bashes religion.  We appreciate debate, but we would like to have more than that.  We would also like to learn from people. There are plenty of forums that just attack religion or only favor one at the expense of not allowing honest open discussion, and we think that it would be a shame if we just ended up like one more of those.  If you know of any believers who might be interested (believers of any sort), please feel free to invite them.

And +1 for signing up.  : )

Jake
"Our old forum is dead we should bring a newborn one to life."  
Steve Ox, GLF Forum, July 28, 2008

catwixen

Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow?

rickymooston

Jake Jensen found my website, God is NOT Imaginary, which is a Christian reply to God is Imaginary and Why Won't God Heal Amputees. He told me about this site, so I thought I'd join up and discuss God with everyone here. This sounds like a much nicer forum than GII/WWGHA for believers, and I see that this is where Theology Online rejects end up. I figure that this site will scare me far less than the folks over at TOL. Yes, that's right, TOL scares believers, too!

we call jake SoM +1 btw
"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

Assyriankey

Hi CoryT, thanks for joining!  Being rejected (more correctly: opting out) from either of those forums (TOL & WWGHA) is a credit to your character IMO.  They are each full of very smart people, people so smart that they stop being people.  Members of those forums call each other deluded but then proceed to bash each other up on a pretense of rationality - strange but true.  I was like that when I first joined WWGHA but now I see the destructiveness of that sort of behaviour - I have seen the light - hallelujah!
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

Luthekar

Hello and welcome, Cory

I've debated on your site. I post as Luke there  ||cheesy|| (Jake Jensen made me sign up here as well, lol)

Too many people come and go on your site to really get in to a deep debate and discussion on any particular subject. (And to be honest, some of the visitors there that posted had some really bad arguments, lol)

We never really had a chance to debate ourselves on your site, and I look forward to seeing you stick around and offer us your own perspectives on your faith.

+1 for joining
Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence.
When you understand why you dismiss all other Gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.