News:

IGI has a Facebook group!

Main Menu

Son of Man

Started by Son of Man, August 10, 2008, 04:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Son of Man

Hi, I'm the Son of Man, and I would like to thank everyone who has been helping out.  You've already made a huge impact.

I had experimented with quite a few color schemes for the forum and web page.  When I made the purple and blue one, I thought it was great, and so did Assy.  But that's what scared me.  Assy has an even worse color sense than I do.  I decided to consult one of the classiest women around, and she confirmed my suspicion that I'd made an ugly forum.  But not only that, she told me how to fix it, which was something that I'd have never figured out by myself.  Thank you, Dkit.

Afadly is also to thank.  There were quite a few members who don't care for him very much, and they told me how they wished that they could just ignore him.  Because of Afadly, our forum has an ignore button.  : )

Though I naturally liked in a forum such things as diversity of opinion, fun, and the excitement of conflict, Philadelphic made me realize just how important these things really are.  In the forums where she's participated, this is what she wanted, and she made an excellent case on their behalf.  I'll do what I can to keep the forum fun, inviting to all types of people, and exciting.

Madame Zora made a great case for openness and free expression.  The admins' and mods' names are all posted.  If people wish to lead as individual members and show others a better way to communicate, they are welcome to do that, but they won't be handing out advice behind a secret moderator account on behalf of the forum.  The moderators will only act if someone is actually breaking a rule. To keep them from getting bored and abusing their powers, I installed an arcade for them.  So far, it seems to be working.

UnkleE is letting us plagiarize some material for our main page. Assy and I are better on the technical end of things, so this will really help a lot.

Assyriankey has done a shltload for the forum. There's too much to mention, but the one part that very few others could have helped with was the technical end.

The good folks at TOL gave us quite a few ideas, though the only one yet implimented is the large 100x100 avatars.  They're really pretty.  We tried to incorporate other aspects of their forum into ours but the smf software is lacking at the moment.  However, we do still have plans for new features.

Scrabble Hamster helped write and make changes to our policies.  She makes our forum look smarter than it really is.

Meya and QM also gave me some important and helpful information, as did quite a few others.  Thank you all.  I hope you enjoy our forum.  : )
"Our old forum is dead we should bring a newborn one to life."  
Steve Ox, GLF Forum, July 28, 2008

choupick

I only signed up because you included the FSM in the title graphic.  All hail the one true god!  I don't know how I'm going to keep three forums straight.  I'll have to limit myself to one post per forum per day.

cmarie

I think the forum looks great, and would like to add my thanks to all who have helped to bring it to fruition. Good job! I am glad to be here. :)
The highest point a man can attain is not knowledge, or virtue, or goodness, or victory, but something even greater, more heroic and more despairing:
Sacred Awe!
—Nikos Kazantzakis

Son of Man

Quote from: cmarie on August 10, 2008, 07:36:04 AM
I think the forum looks great, and would like to add my thanks to all who have helped to bring it to fruition. Good job! I am glad to be here. :)

I'm glad you like it, and i'm glad you came.  : )

+1 for showing up.

catwixen

SoM...you rock! Thanx for this forum. Everyone who helped SoM, you rock too and thanx. :)

Where is this legendary ignore button and how does it work?
Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow?

Son of Man

Quote from: catwixen on August 10, 2008, 08:38:35 AM
SoM...you rock! Thanx for this forum. Everyone who helped SoM, you rock too and thanx. :)

Where is this legendary ignore button and how does it work?

Why thank you, Cat.  : )

To answer your question, it's the little orange button labled "I".

catwixen

A-ha I see it now...
Just for that I shall put original catwoman in my sig  specially for you. :)
Hang on, does that mean someone cannot respond to one's posts after clicking that icon?

Happy Evolute

+1 for the avatar, wixen.
An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

catwixen

Thankyou HE...happy to see some catwoman fans. :)

Son of Man

Quote from: catwixen on August 10, 2008, 09:12:36 AM
A-ha I see it now...
Just for that I shall put original catwoman in my sig  specially for you. :)
Hang on, does that mean someone cannot respond to one's posts after clicking that icon?

The Ignore button works like a lightswitch.  All of that person's posts will still be there, you just won't be able to see them.  If you decide that you no longer wish to ignore someone just click their ignore button again.  You can also add and remove people from your ignore list through your Profile settings.  Go ahead, try it. 

catwixen

hmmm I shall wait til Karmanetics arrives... ;)

choupick

Auz

Quote from: catwixen on August 10, 2008, 11:19:57 AM
hmmm I shall wait til Karmanetics arrives... ;)
Hmmm... I doubt if he'll show...
some others are still missing from our band of merry men (and women).... Someone inform Robin Hood, there is more work to do....
Never Remember To Always Forget.

Son of Man

Karm has not joined but Billy Turban has.  I think he's just hiding from Cat.

Gaston

Is there a place a mortal man can access this list of merry men and women who belongs to this board?

Son of Man

Yes, click where it says "MEMBERS" on the orange tab.