Main Menu

???

Started by Observer, October 31, 2008, 09:09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Observer

???
Forum

When I look
at the inner workings of an old time piece, at its balance, it's wheels within wheels I ask the question, 'Who created this?'
When I look
at a bridge which seems to hang in the air, so finely balanced, so strong yet seemingly fragile I want to know who designed and planned it?
When I look
at the way the world is constructed, it's balance, the perfect mixture of atmosphere to maintain and sustain life, I ask myself, 'Who created this?'
When I look
at the human body, the way it is constructed - so balanced so finely honed, I ask the question again - 'Who made this?'
When I look
at the life cycle of a butterfly, the ant-eater and the humming bird I ask the same question.

The examples are endless

Did this all come from a big bang? - Oh, come on!
Did this just evolve? - Pah! You must be joking!

OB

Happy Evolute

Hi Observer,

Welcome to the Forum, +1 for joining!

Have you ever heard the expression "begging the question"?

Regards,

HE
An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Assyriankey

Hi Observer, welcome to IGI - thanks for joining!

We have a rule against debating in this Testimonials board.  If you want to discuss/debate any of your post above on this forum then please copy it to another board.
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

JustMyron

Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm quite sure if you post that elsewhere in the forum you'll get a line-by-line response (there is a whole board dedicated to the topic of evolution). +1.

Airyaman

I agree with the above. The OP is not a testimonial in reality.
Please take a moment to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Atlanta, and Sweden.

JustMyron

Well... it's what this person believes, so it counts. (This board isn't for "how religion has affected your life" any more, they broadened the definition to include any statement of belief)

OB, do you have other beliefs you'd like to share? For example, do you participate in a certain religious denomination? Besides just observing the world, what else shapes what you believe? (Not a loaded question - everyone has various things that shape their interpretation of what they observe.)

Assyriankey

Observer is a sock puppet account of member Wings.  The puppet account has been banned.
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

Vynn

Quote from: Assyriankey on October 31, 2008, 11:07:24 PM
Observer is a sock puppet account of member Wings.  The puppet account has been banned.

I hope it wasn't simply another person using the same IP address. Was this unlikelyhood ruled out?
Signature deleted by mods

Assyriankey

Quote from: Vynn on November 01, 2008, 12:23:48 AM
Quote from: Assyriankey on October 31, 2008, 11:07:24 PM

I hope it wasn't simply another person using the same IP address. Was this unlikelyhood ruled out?

Yes.