Are you in the IGI Yearbook?

Main Menu

Hell oh everybody

Started by John 3 16, November 24, 2012, 05:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emily

Welcome!

Quote from: John 3 16 on November 26, 2012, 05:10:42 PM

"All men will hate you because of me"  (Matthew 10:22)

Define the word 'hate'. Atheists don't hate anyone (well, some do. The assholes. Just like some christians are nice but there are asshole christians who hate atheists). I disagree with you, but don't hate you.

nateswift

Quote from: Augusto on November 24, 2012, 05:48:11 PM
I really want to know what happened and what's John3:16 refering to?
Augusto, the reference is to events on another forum, a forum that has been primarily devoted to atheist challenge to the value of religion.

Emily, the reference was to a passage from Jesus in sending out disciples to spread his message and the reaction of those devoted to the religious structure of that day.  It remains to be seen how this person approaches what he terms "the word of God."

John 3:16 welcome.  I am glad you chose a verse that proclaims God's love.  That holds some promise.
The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do-  Kerouac

Emily

Quote from: nateswift on November 26, 2012, 05:23:27 PM
Emily, the reference was to a passage from Jesus in sending out disciples to spread his message and the reaction of those devoted to the religious structure of that day.  It remains to be seen how this person approaches what he terms "the word of God."

I know. It's just I've heard some people use that bible quote to claim an actual hatred towards believers. It's not hatred: it's disagreement.

Hating someone because of their personal belief. How stupid is that?

John 3 16

Quote from: Emily on November 26, 2012, 05:17:38 PM

Define the word 'hate'. Atheists don't hate anyone (well, some do. The assholes. Just like some christians are nice but there are asshole christians who hate atheists). I disagree with you, but don't hate you.

Thank you.

Are you same Emily I talked to a year ago at WWGHA ?
If so, you are wayyyy prettier that I thought.
I have come to set the world on fire,,,,   המשיח ישוע

John 3 16

Quote from: nateswift on November 26, 2012, 05:23:27 PM

John 3:16 welcome.  I am glad you chose a verse that proclaims God's love.  That holds some promise.

Thank you.
||grin||

Emily

Yes, I am the same Emily. And thank you.

Airyaman

Please take a moment to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Atlanta, and Sweden.

John 3 16

Quote from: John 3 16 on November 26, 2012, 06:03:38 PM
Are you same Emily I talked to a year ago at WWGHA ?
If so, you are wayyyy prettier that I thought.

Quote from: Airyaman on November 26, 2012, 08:03:20 PM
Creepy...

A boy  ||wink|| like myself complimenting opposite sex's look is creepy?
You must be either a gay or hard core monk.

Airyaman

Or I think with a different head.
Please take a moment to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Atlanta, and Sweden.

Lillium

Quote from: rickymooston on November 24, 2012, 04:24:18 PM
Quote from: Jezzebelle on November 24, 2012, 04:05:02 PM
||popcorn||

we not only get all the members... we get their drama too!  ||tish||

Well, this assumes he doesnt have a sock!!

||grin||  ||wink||

I have two socks and they're both on my feet.  I also created two sock puppets (for my hands) to use in Kindergarten/ First grade classrooms.

Does that count?
Meow?

John 3 16

Quote from: GamerGirl on November 26, 2012, 10:15:52 PM
Well, this assumes he doesnt have a sock!!

I know, I almost got offended by that.

I may not be rich, but I have more than one sock in my closet. ||smite||

Lillium

Lol, well +1 to you as your welcoming karma point.  John 3:16 was the first bible verse I ever memorized in Sunday school.  We got "extra credit" if we memorized more verses than one a week, so I used to memorize two each week.  That week, my first week, I memorized both John 3:16 and 3:17.  If we got enough "credits" we could trade them in for something neat (religious themed though).  I saved mine up for a fancy precious moments bible--their top "prize".

Meow?

none

Quote from: GamerGirl on November 27, 2012, 04:18:53 AM
Lol, well +1 to you as your welcoming karma point.  John 3:16 was the first bible verse I ever memorized in Sunday school.  We got "extra credit" if we memorized more verses than one a week, so I used to memorize two each week.  That week, my first week, I memorized both John 3:16 and 3:17.  If we got enough "credits" we could trade them in for something neat (religious themed though).  I saved mine up for a fancy precious moments bible--their top "prize".
the candle can only be lit so many times.
If this is hell I'm welcome to leave

Mr. Blackwell

^^

What does the video response even mean? ||shrug||
Unrestricted free speech, paradoxically, results in less speech, not more. - Yoel Roth

John 3 16

The video looked kinda gay, but other than that ???????????????? ||think||

SHIN KAIRI

Welcome.

+1 for being a born-again christian ||beerchug||
I belong to no church. Religion leads to death.

Hell is not real. The 10 commandments were not done away with.

Yah wishes all be saved.

Check my profile for Truth.

Airyaman

Is a born-again Christian a true Christian too, or are they mutually exclusive?  ||wink||

SHIN KAIRI

^ it depends on teh definition that our friend might have of "born-again".

If he keeps teh 10 commandments then yes, he is a true christian. Although I fear teh worst looking at his signature...
I belong to no church. Religion leads to death.

Hell is not real. The 10 commandments were not done away with.

Yah wishes all be saved.

Check my profile for Truth.

Nam

What does something written in the OT have to do with the NT? I am told ALL THE TIME by Christians: "We only follow the NT." yet the 10 Commandments ARE NOT in the NT.

(not speaking about Christians here; mainly those I know offline like friends, family, acquaintances etc.,)

-Nam

I'm on the road less traveled...

Creationism is the Hollywood version of Evolution - Nam

John 3 16

Hemingway

||welcome|| John 3 16

Hopefully you will be able to contribute to the forum without getting banned.
"Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken"

Shawna

Yeah!  Now that's what I call an intro thread!

You're right, John.... that's gotta be one of the roughest intros Ive seen.

+1
"I think, indeed, that the goodness of God, through His Christ, may recall all His creatures to one end."
--Origen