News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

Notification from Leese

Started by leighann907, November 25, 2009, 07:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leighann907

To whom it may concern:

My mother, Leese, has asked me to sign up and start a thread to inform everyone about recent events.

This last Sunday afternoon, she suffered an acute stroke that left her paralyzed on the left side. Since admittance to Providence Hospital here in Anchorage, she has already shown great signs of improvement. Within 2 days, her speech therapist was able to graduate her to soft solid food and thin liquids. She can?t move her left limbs intentionally, but the muscle is still toned and her reflexes are kicking. We?ve been told that she may need to stay here up to six weeks for rehabilitation, but it depends on her progress. The next few days should give the physical therapists a better idea of what we?re working with. She has a lot of challenging therapy ahead of her, but things are looking hopeful.

Despite the unfair situation, mom is holding up really well. She?s staying positive and constantly catching us off-guard with her witty jests. The Chaplain has been coming in for her entertainment to discuss her spiritual needs. After the last visit, she said ?I can?t help it if the fish are going to jump in my boat,? and we all laughed really hard.

She?ll be in room 571 here at the hospital if anyone would like to send well wishes. I?m sure she would appreciate them. Also, I?ll be checking back here upon mom?s request until she can get back into action herself. Sorry to pass along such unfortunate news. I look forward to logging back in with mom when she?s feeling up to it in the next couple days. Thank you for taking the time to read this; take care.

-Leighann

nateswift

Oh, wow....Leese!  THAT presence will be sorely missed for sure.  Be sure to take her some comments from favorite threads so she can fire back something interesting.
Meanwhile, I... uh well, heck I'm gonna be praying for you and her anyhow, ok?
The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do-  Kerouac

Son of Man

Thank you, leighann, for taking the time to do this.  Your mother has quite a few fans around these parts, myself included.  She's got a way of lightening the atmosphere around here and keeping things fun.

Leese, I'm so sorry.  : (  But not sorry enough to let you get away with not posting.  A forum needs Eskimos like a fridge needs cold.  As soon as you're able, get your ass back here, or we're sending SteveOx to pay you a little visit.

And, leese, as long as you've got access to a chaplain, why don't you try to convert him to Scientology, so he knows how the non-Christians feel?  : )
"Our old forum is dead we should bring a newborn one to life."  
Steve Ox, GLF Forum, July 28, 2008

nateswift

Quote from: Son of Man on November 25, 2009, 08:49:36 AM
And, leese, as long as you've got access to a chaplain, why don't you try to convert him to Scientology, so he knows how the non-Christians feel?  : )

It had just occurred to me that I should add the chaplain to my prayer list and I see this.....
Dear God, I hope he has a sense of humor.
The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do-  Kerouac

Captain Luke

Oh, noes.

Get better soon Leese!

unkleE

Hi Leese,

I'm only a distant friend these days, but I sure wish you well in your recovery. And best wishes to you too leighann, and thanks for letting us know.

unkleE
Is there a God? To believe or not believe, that is the question!

Former Believer

Leighann,

Thanks for starting this thread.  I hope you are doing okay and that your mom recovers quickly.

Leese, you are loved and missed.  Please return to your rightful place on this forum asap where you can share your good sense with those who need it.  I hope you recover even more quickly than expected and that you are extra kind to yourself in the weeks ahead.  You are appreciated and cared for.
Don't sacrifice your mind at the altar of belief

Son of Man

Leese, there's a rumor going around that you converted to Christianity on the way to the hospital.  Is this true?

Dkit

I'm terribly sorry.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery! 

Dkit

leighann907

Quote from: Son of Man on November 25, 2009, 09:46:15 AM
Leese, there's a rumor going around that you converted to Christianity on the way to the hospital.  Is this true?
Mom says "Rumors of my conversion have been greatly exaggerated."

leighann907

Mom wanted to check back in tonight when she woke up... thanks so much for all the well wishes! It really perked her up. Since the tests aren't back from the lower 48, we still don't know why it happened. I'll keep posting more information as we get it.

catwixen

Leighann thankyou for letting us know about this.

Leese, you get better quickly you hear?! You know how this place falls apart without you!
I am thinking of you and love you dearly.
I will keep the boys (and Shawna) in line until you get back.

||love|| ||kiss|| ||hug||
Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow?

Steveox

Is Leese a senior? Thats what happens when youre old. When you get over 60 or 70 your body starts to fail. Anyway im sorry hope she gets well get back in here.

We are the silent majority

Servant of God

Leese, I know you are gonna kick that strokes butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay postive  ||hug|| ||hug|| ||hug|| I will be praying for you.... I'm sure gonna miss talking to you for a while but I know you will be back..... ||kiss||

leighann907, Thank you so much for letting us know and keeping us informed
Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible ~ Corrie Ten Boom

Happy Evolute

An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Sita

Leese, if there is one thing I know about you it is, you are a strong woman and I know you have the will to fight back from this.  I just know you will.   

||hug|| ||hug|| ||hug|| ||hug|| ||hug|| ||hug||

And you know that laughter is the best medicine, so have fun with the Chaplain.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.  Carl Sagan

Kerlyssa

Awww, s**t.

Leese, get better! Don't leave me alone with these maniacs for long!

They might not be here when you get back...

JustMyron

Holy sh*t. (Wait, is that appropriate? Preemptive strikethrough.)

Leeesssseee!  ||sad|| ||sad|| ||sad||

This sucks. But you can get through this and be OK.

||hug|| ||hug|| ||hug||

This seems really coincidental, but just yesterday, I was listening to a BBC documentary where a neuroscientist suffered a massive stroke in her 30's, and she talked about what it was like going through it, and some about her recovery process. I think it might be of interest, particularly to members here who don't have access to a doctor to answer their questions like Leese does. And at least it tells me that people can recover pretty fully from a stroke. But when listening, remember that where the stroke happens in the brain affects what the experience of the stroke is like, and what the effects are. Since Leese's right hemisphere of her brain was affected (controlling the left arm) whereas this person's left hemisphere was affected, the experience for Leese is likely to be very different. But still, in case anyone wants it...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/documentaries/2009/05/090526_myworld_stroke.shtml

jill

Leese!   ||shocked||

I'm so sorry to hear of this turn of events!  But your strength and will and good sense of humor will pull you out of this.   Just follow the therapists suggestions!   That may be the hardest thing to deal with, but they know what they're doing.  :)

Please get well soon and return to this crazy place.   As others have said, you are loved and missed.

Jill 
It is what it is

mbrown3

I'll be praying for you in the days ahead...for strength of body and spirit, and that God's hand would be on you.

BmorePitbull

I know I'm new to the forums, and as such I don't know anyone here really well, but I do wish you all the best in your recovery.  

I hope that you're holding up ok too leighann.  

It seems like there are some promising signs already for her recovery.  

I don't live any where near Anchorage, but if there is anything that you all need during this difficult time, please don't hesitate to ask.  I'm sure that the members here are more than willing to help in whatever they can.

I wish you the best of luck with your recovery.   

Former Believer

Quote from: Son of Man on November 25, 2009, 09:46:15 AM

False.  Sort of.  The Hare Krishna dude got to her first.

faithangel50

Quote from: leighann907 on November 25, 2009, 09:54:43 AM
Mom wanted to check back in tonight when she woke up... thanks so much for all the well wishes! It really perked her up. Since the tests aren't back from the lower 48, we still don't know why it happened. I'll keep posting more information as we get it.
I just read about your mom and will pray for her. Iwl try to ask a friendwho had a stroke a frew years ago to pray too.

Vynn

Don't worry about all those prayers coming your way, Leese, my god'll take care of them.
Signature deleted by mods

Marksheppy

I will definitely keep her in my prayers. I have had loved ones suffer from strokes and it is not a good thing to experience. I hope and pray that the family is doing alright.

Apotheosis

Harsh luck. Get well soon, Leese.

rickymooston

Quote from: leighann907 on November 25, 2009, 07:55:34 AM
This last Sunday afternoon, she suffered an acute stroke that left her paralyzed on the left side. Since admittance to Providence Hospital here in Anchorage, she has already shown great signs of improvement.

Leighann907, I'm glad she's recovering.  She is a very good person with a good "spiritual" heart ...

I get the impression she's helped a good deal of people in her life and likely has quite the innner strength

While I believe the "spirit" is a physical thing, I think it can be quite powerful. Being surrounded by people that
care, is a powerful thing!!!

||smiley||

Strength to you too. Its is very hard to see somebody you love go through this kind of stuff. When they win, its inspirational but when they seem to be losing it is very demotivating.
"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

leighann907

Quote from: JustMyron on November 25, 2009, 01:35:13 PM
Holy sh*t. (Wait, is that appropriate? Preemptive strikethrough.)

Leeesssseee!  ||sad|| ||sad|| ||sad||

This sucks. But you can get through this and be OK.

||hug|| ||hug|| ||hug||

This seems really coincidental, but just yesterday, I was listening to a BBC documentary where a neuroscientist suffered a massive stroke in her 30's, and she talked about what it was like going through it, and some about her recovery process. I think it might be of interest, particularly to members here who don't have access to a doctor to answer their questions like Leese does. And at least it tells me that people can recover pretty fully from a stroke. But when listening, remember that where the stroke happens in the brain affects what the experience of the stroke is like, and what the effects are. Since Leese's right hemisphere of her brain was affected (controlling the left arm) whereas this person's left hemisphere was affected, the experience for Leese is likely to be very different. But still, in case anyone wants it...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/documentaries/2009/05/090526_myworld_stroke.shtml
Mom says, "I think I posted that video somewhere on the forum a long time ago. It's very cool. My stroke wasn't that awesome. However, I did get to experience some auditory anomalies before collapsing. I didn't hear god or jesus, just my own voice in a very detached way."

leighann907

I'm sitting here with mom going though responses again...
She says, "Thanks for the continued well wishes. I'm doing ok and I'm surrounded by family and friends as well as all the supportive staff at the hospital. Having a stroke at age 47 is quite a shock but will work to my advantage in my recovery. I hope to be back to my normal life very quickly. The neurosurgeon has told me told wasn't brought about by anything in my lifestyle or was something I could have foreseen or prevented. Genetics has the largest role in this. Choose your parents wisely... ha. Has anyone heard from Fit? I'd like to hear of his progress. I just received from flowers from a church; I think they're trying to get me while I'm down."

ReasonIsOutToLunch

I have been away too long..... Sorry, to hear a good person is having these kinds of problems. I am hoping for a full recovery. Too, bad you have to put up with people praying over for your recovery, but I see Vynn has it under control. No worries though, prayers only negatively effect the believers.

Vynn

Leese,

Can you just keep leigh ann in the room and you just dictate your replies to her? That'll work for all of us...  ||cheesy||

rickymooston

Quote from: leighann907 on November 25, 2009, 11:06:46 PM
... I just received from flowers from a church; I think they're trying to get me while I'm down."

The way, I understand churches is that, most members are trying to express the same things you are in different ways. That is, people care. Life is short and we care in different way based on different understanding. If you do however "convert" add me to your Pascalian prayers, just in case.
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

Former Believer

leighann907

I've received requests for the hospital address so mom asked me to post all her information up.

Providence Hospital
3200 Providence Dr.
Anchorage, AK. 99508
Lisa Fields
Room 571

leighann907

Quote from: Vynn on November 25, 2009, 11:09:24 PM
Leese,

Can you just keep leigh ann in the room and you just dictate your replies to her? That'll work for all of us...  ||cheesy||

I'm more than happy to hang around for that. I'll be at the hospital an awful lot until she gets back up to speed.

D M

Hi,

Hope and pray you get better soon and that the experience will not be too hard. You are dearly cared for by all of us.

God Bless,

SkunkButt

I am so sorry for your misfortune Leese. As Goddess of the forum we will always need your presence.

Thanks to Leighann9 for your coordination to keep us in touch with your mother a.k.a. Goddess leese and her golden lair.

I just can't believe this (denial) but there you are (acceptance). Good luck in your recovery (coping).

And on a Sunday of all things ;)

||kiss||
That's just my opinion, I could be wrong. 

Dennis Miller

Waldo

Nice post, Skunky.  Copesetic, one of my favorite words.  It'll be OK, Leese.  Just keep squeezing that ball with that left hand so you can, once again, have control over the keyboard.  I love you.  I appreciate your presence and humor in these forums.  I am proud to have made your aquaintance.  While I am about as far removed from you as anyone in the states can be, I am proud to call you my friend. 

I have to tell you, Leese, when I logged on this evening and received the pm directing me to this thread, my first reaction, even before I got here, was tears swelling up in whatever place in my head it is tears swell. 

I find it not only fascinating, but highly complimentary that, as I read this thread, folks are coming out of the woodwork to wish you well who I've not yet even had the pleasure of meeting.  Regardless of our individual backgrounds, there is a common bond of love here coming your way and that, Leese, is what we are all about and you, my dear friend, are one of us. 

Godspeed Leese, and a swift, speedy recovery!  All love,

Waldo

What is it to you?

catwixen

Quote from: leighann907 on November 25, 2009, 11:54:22 PM
I've received requests for the hospital address so mom asked me to post all her information up.

Providence Hospital
3200 Providence Dr.
Anchorage, AK. 99508
Lisa Fields
Room 571

Thankyou so much for this.  ||cheesy|| I sent a card today via a lovely friend Susan on Facebook? Hope that is OK, she is really nice.
But yeah the hospital address is easier...let them get swamped with get well paraphenalia!

Leesey, has leighann smuggled you any alcohol yet? sssh the nurse is coming!  ||no_no|| ||yoshi||

jill

Quote from: leighann907 on November 25, 2009, 11:54:22 PM

Providence Hospital
3200 Providence Dr.
Anchorage, AK. 99508
Lisa Fields
Room 571

Thank you Leighann for the address, and thanks for being there for your mom.  (((hugs)))
It is what it is

BladeofTheImmortal

sorry to hear it Leese, but you're still number one in my book (I've got a ranking system going on now).

Can't wait to see you back on here.
/\_/\        ( \__/)
(>'.'<) and (='.'=) should just get along!
(")_(")       (")_(")

Goobatron

Oh leese! Im a bit late to reply. Sorry.

GET WELL SOON!

Everyone on here is too serious, you need to bring back the humour!

red77

Hey Leese

You get well soon ya hear? I've only just heard and I'm ordering you to get well ASAP! You've got the inner strength to comply so you hang in there friend and recover quickly. You've always had a kind word for people and concern for their wellbeing, even mine for some reason when I've been absent and it's meant a lot. You take care and if anything can be done to help from the grotty UK then just ask or pass on any requests. Keep strong and thoughts are with you definitely.

Nige
"Either this fence goes or I do..."

Red77 on outside deathbed

leighann907

Quote from: SkunkButt on November 26, 2009, 12:55:16 AM
I am so sorry for your misfortune Leese. As Goddess of the forum we will always need your presence.

Thanks to Leighann9 for your coordination to keep us in touch with your mother a.k.a. Goddess leese and her golden lair.

I just can't believe this (denial) but there you are (acceptance). Good luck in your recovery (coping).

And on a Sunday of all things ;)

||kiss||
"Skunky, seeing you posting is that much more incentive to work hard at my physical therapy... and get back to posting on the forum myself and having a life. Missed your 'voice'. -Leese

Trevor

Hi Leighann

can you check you pm's please.

thanks
Trev
Chief of Hooters
WILLIE STROKER!!!!!!!

TubularBelle

I know little about strokes other than they affect everyone differently but my first and foremost thought was that you are young and that has to be a distinct advantage.

It's a very frightening time I'm sure, and I do not believe in praying, I think it takes away from directing your thoughts and good vibes directly to the person in need.

So I won't be praying for you Leese, but I will be thinking of you and wishing you well and I will even admit that the thought 'God please let her be okay' did enter my brain.

Take Care and Good Work Leighann.

Don't forget to smile and laugh,

it is by far the best medicine.
I hate early mornings, I did not even know that there were two six o'clocks in one day.

If I could walk a mile in your shoes.....then I would be a mile away, and I would have your shoes.....

Dexter

I know I haven't been online much. Please if you get the chance, tell her that Dexter says hello, and looks forward very much to her next post.
"Here is no water but only rock
Rock and no water and the sandy road"
― T.S. Eliot, The Waste Land

rickymooston

Some of your friends were looking to play with you.

Half of the forum is praying for you to get better, the other half is hoping things will continue to improve. ;).

Servant of God

Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible ~ Corrie Ten Boom

BmorePitbull

Happy Thanksgiving to you guys!  I know a hospital isn't an ideal location to be celebrating, but it seems that today you guys have a lot to be thankful for. 

Assyriankey

My thoughts are with you Leese, hang tough and get better soon.  Keep cracking those jokes, you only need half a brain to do that :)

Thanks Leighann!
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

TubularBelle

I hate early mornings, I did not even know that there were two six o'clocks in one day.

If I could walk a mile in your shoes.....then I would be a mile away, and I would have your shoes.....

David M

Quote from: rickymooston on November 26, 2009, 04:27:43 PM

Half of the forum is praying for you to get better, the other half is hoping things will continue to improve. ;).

Hey - Maybe we should have a thread to discuss which helps more - the prayers of believers or the hope of unbelievers?

And while we're at it, maybe someone could explain to me why nonbelievers hope.  What good does it do?    ||think||

Oh, well, I might as well pray for you, too!   ||Kris||
WARNING: Amateur psychiatrists have determined that this poster can be hazardous to your peace of mind.  Do not consume anything written by this poster unless accompanied by adequate doses of salt.

Kerlyssa

Could a mod please remove the asshattery from this thread?

rickymooston

Quote from: David M on November 27, 2009, 03:05:12 AM
And while we're at it, maybe someone could explain to me why nonbelievers hope.  What good does it do?    ||think||

Its a natural thing to do. The only effective it could have is, if the person you are hoping for knows you care.

Would one prefer to pray?  Only if you believe somebody is there to answer the phone!!!  ||wink||

catwixen

The IGI banner expresses it...people send love in the way they feel it. Prayers and hopes come from the same place of love.  

Yeah you're right Mooseman...sorry peoples.  ||smiley||

rickymooston

Quote from: catwixen on November 27, 2009, 03:22:35 AM
The IGI banner expresses it...people send love in the way they feel it. Prayers and hopes come from the same place of love. Now shut the f**k up about it!  ||rolleyes||

I agree minus the anger factor. ;).

<--- Thanks for pointing out the banner Cat!!!

I didn't even notice.  ||thumbs|| +1 SoM, +1 Kerlyssa because the moose knows she does actually care, +1 Cat  and +1 for David for looking forward to a day in the (we hope) not too distant future where Lees will be so much better that David's "debate" would be possible. +1 to lees's kid for standing by her mom

Mooby the Golden Sock

History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

Vynn

Quote from: Kerlyssa on November 27, 2009, 03:19:24 AM

Sure they can. All they have to do is declare that it's against one of the rules.

David M

Quote from: Kerlyssa on November 27, 2009, 03:19:24 AM

I never heard that term before, so I looked it up.

Is that how you lost your ears?

||laughroll||
WARNING: Amateur psychiatrists have determined that this poster can be hazardous to your peace of mind.  Do not consume anything written by this poster unless accompanied by adequate doses of salt.

jill

It is what it is

leighann907

Quote from: jill on November 28, 2009, 01:25:34 AM
How is Leese doing today? 
Today's progress has been a little better.. just like every day we've been here so far. All of her therapists say that she's doing really well. If she keeps this pace up, she may be moved from the neurology unit to the rehabilitation unit within the next week or so. This afternoon during the therapy session, the neurologist described her recovery as phenomenal! The best hurdle today was getting into the wheelchair for physical therapy without using a slide board. She was able to stand and pivot instead with very little assistance... mom is a champion! Spirits are still high. In fact, we were all sitting around laughing so hard last night that the nurse in the unit had to come in a tell us to quiet down. Her neurologist is supposed to e-mail a power point presentation with mom's CAT scan pictures soon. Mom is pretty jazzed about getting them. We're thinking they'll make supreme Christmas cards this year. Everybody, thanks again for all the well wishes and kind support! I'm pretty sure checking IGI is one of mom's favorite parts of the day. I appreciate everyone rallying up sweet compliments for me too... I'm enjoying being here for her and operating as her official networker. :) Take care!

leighann907

Leese: "I miss the protectors of asshattery free zones, and even the most consummate purveyors of asshattery practices. In short, I'm lonesome for you guys."

rickymooston

Quote from: leighann907 on November 28, 2009, 02:55:31 AM
I'm pretty sure checking IGI is one of mom's favorite parts of the day.

Good to hear. I was getting afraid we might have caused her illness. ;).

Glad to hear she's doing better.

Sita

Quote from: leighann907 on November 28, 2009, 02:55:31 AM
Today's progress has been a little better.. just like every day we've been here so far. All of her therapists say that she's doing really well. If she keeps this pace up, she may be moved from the neurology unit to the rehabilitation unit within the next week or so. This afternoon during the therapy session, the neurologist described her recovery as phenomenal! The best hurdle today was getting into the wheelchair for physical therapy without using a slide board. She was able to stand and pivot instead with very little assistance... mom is a champion! Spirits are still high. In fact, we were all sitting around laughing so hard last night that the nurse in the unit had to come in a tell us to quiet down.

I'm so happy to hear ^that.   ||banana||

Servant of God

WAY TO GO LEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ||banana2|| ||banana2|| ||banana2|| ||banana2|| ||banana|| ||banana|| ||banana|| ||banana|| ||banana|| ||banana||

Keep it up, you'll be dancing soon  ||devil|| ||devil|| ||devil|| ||devil|| ||devil||

dutchy

Just found this topic,

Leese I don't know you that much, but  I truly hope you recover very soon.

My dad (84) had a major stroke at 72 (six by-passes) and is still going strong.

All the best to you !

Ratman

Oh Leese, Please get better and I send all the warm and heartfelt wishes to get better dear.  I love ya girl.

Ratman
There's no real relationship between what a person believes and what their religion ostensibly teaches them to believe.

leighann907

LEESE: "Today, I've just been thinking about plans gone awry. This happens to all of us to one degree or another. Sometimes it's as trivial as a bumped airline flight and missing our connection. For others it can be a monumental loss of someone essential to their lives. It deviates their entire life's plan. Fortunately for me this year, my derailment wasn't permanent or tragic. My initial plans for this a Winter were to spend my time relearning to cross country ski amid spruce and birch bedecked trails and shushing along white velvet powder. Instead I am relearning things that I learned before I was a year old. Things like sitting upright, standing, walking, and some finer motor skills. Skiing can wait until next year. This winter will be spent determinedly pursuing self-sufficiency. I live in a second story condo and the stairs in my mind might as well be Denali. I've never wanted to climb a mountain but I will depending on what's at the top. In this case... life.  I'm not complaining, I'm just saying. A stroke at 47 is far preferable to a car accident or loss of a body part at any age. The hospital staff is a willing and naive audience for any and all inappropriate stroke jokes I think of throughout the day. All in all, I'm doing good. A strong right side, perverse sense of humor and a wicked stubborn streak will get me out of this mess in no time. Two things I really miss are the forum and pooping alone. Hard to say which one I miss the most. That's all for now, Leighann needs to do her homework."
Love, Leese

catwixen

+1 ^ I have to go and "give you one" in your profile now. ||shocked||
Really great to hear your thoughts leese!
I guess in these sort of times...it is about adapting, to make a positive from what you are experiencing? I don't fricking know...but it is what I got from your post leesey.
Thanx Leighann.

catwixen

Haha just went to give leese a +1 in her profiles' "last posts of this person."

This was it:
Quote from: leese on November 22, 2009, 09:49:14 AM

Pffftt... Go back to gluing your balsa wood.

Giving s**t to Assy!  ||thumbs||

BladeofTheImmortal

Did she get my flirtations? I'm really good at it.
/\_/\        ( \__/)
(")_(")       (")_(")

jill

Quote from: leighann907 on November 29, 2009, 04:18:40 AM
LEESE: "Today, I've just been thinking about plans gone awry. This happens to all of us to one degree or another. Sometimes it's as trivial as a bumped airline flight and missing our connection. For others it can be a monumental loss of someone essential to their lives. It deviates their entire life's plan. Fortunately for me this year, my derailment wasn't permanent or tragic. My initial plans for this a Winter were to spend my time relearning to cross country ski amid spruce and birch bedecked trails and shushing along white velvet powder. Instead I am relearning things that I learned before I was a year old. Things like sitting upright, standing, walking, and some finer motor skills. Skiing can wait until next year. This winter will be spent determinedly pursuing self-sufficiency. I live in a second story condo and the stairs in my mind might as well be Denali. I've never wanted to climb a mountain but I will depending on what's at the top. In this case... life.  I'm not complaining, I'm just saying. A stroke at 47 is far preferable to a car accident or loss of a body part at any age. The hospital staff is a willing and naive audience for any and all inappropriate stroke jokes I think of throughout the day. All in all, I'm doing good. A strong right side, perverse sense of humor and a wicked stubborn streak will get me out of this mess in no time. Two things I really miss are the forum and pooping alone. Hard to say which one I miss the most. That's all for now, Leighann needs to do her homework."
Love, Leese

I was just getting ready to go to bed...decided to pop in here real quick first.  I am SO glad I did.  This just made my day.  What an awesome outlook you have.

||beerchug||  Here's to pooping alone soon my friend!   !   
It is what it is

leese

Quote from: BladeofTheImmortal on November 29, 2009, 04:38:42 AM
yes Blade, you are you should further hone your skills on Leighann. she's made old salty fishermen cry with her refusals of overtures

leese

Quote from: jill on November 29, 2009, 04:39:54 AM

Love, Leese

I was just getting ready to go to bed...decided to pop in here real quick first.  I am SO glad I did.  This just made my day.  What an awesome outlook you have.

Thanks, Cat. i'm having some fun along with the work. it's 4 hours in a gym instead of my regular  life 2 hours. not a big problem. it's like having personal trainers. I also have a speech therapist eho is tons of fun to play with. one of her tests is to tell me  a story and then I have to tell it back to her. my versions are MUCH better. I offered to rewrite her testingmaterials to help keep patient's attention. The math tests suck though. Givenhalf a chance I could fix those too.

Kerlyssa

BladeofTheImmortal

Quote from: leese on November 29, 2009, 06:12:23 AM
yes Blade, you are you should further hone your skills on Leighann. she's made old salty fishermen cry with her refusals of overtures
That's a challenge. Hope you get well soon. Then you can come over to my place.
/\_/\        ( \__/)
(")_(")       (")_(")

rickymooston

she's made old salty fishermen cry with her refusals of overtures

She doens't date the eskimo?

Happy Evolute

Two things I really miss are the forum and pooping alone. Hard to say which one I miss the most.

My two favourite activities!

||think||

So hard to choose ... play on  the Forum/solitary poop/play on the Forum/ solitary poop ...

||cheesy||

Welcome back leese!

||tip hat||
An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Former Believer

Quote from: leese on November 29, 2009, 06:20:40 AM
I also have a speech therapist eho is tons of fun to play with. one of her tests is to tell me  a story and then I have to tell it back to her. my versions are MUCH better.

Here's a fun game you play with some of your caretakers...just to mess with them.  From time to time, make a statement indicating that you aren't quite playing with a full deck.  Say something like you really appreciate the job that Reagan is doing as President or that Dr. Cranberry said you were getting released on Wednesday or something else that. 

jill

Quote from: leese on November 29, 2009, 06:20:40 AM
Quote from: jill on November 29, 2009, 04:39:54 AM

Love, Leese

Thanks, Cat. i'm having some fun along with the work. it's 4 hours in a gym instead of my regular  life 2 hours. not a big problem. it's like having personal trainers. I also have a speech therapist eho is tons of fun to play with. one of her tests is to tell me  a story and then I have to tell it back to her. my versions are MUCH better. I offered to rewrite her testingmaterials to help keep patient's attention. The math tests suck though. Givenhalf a chance I could fix those too.

You're welcome... but it's Jill, not Cat.    ||tip hat||

I remember those word games the speech therapist played with my mom.   My mom would crunch up her eye brows and ask "what the hell does that have to do with anything?"  LOL   She didn't get the purpose of the drills!  :)
It is what it is

nateswift

Where's the surprise in that?  Now if she's making young, good looking and intelligent guys cry, she may have a problem!

'Twas great to see your avatar!  Looking for it more and more.

Shawna

It's getting so a person can't wander off into Real Life chasing butterflies and rainbows anymore.

leese!  I am very very sorry that you are having to go through this, and I am very very glad that you are doing well.

Folks really have done research, and it is really true... laughter is one of the best things you can do for yourself.  So keep tormenting the poor chaplain; it's part of his job!

And of course, the second best thing you can do for yourself... Never give up never give up, never never never never never give up.....

Meanwhile, Kevin and I are praying for you and your family, of course.  The Friends have a term for praying when it is done by nontheist types or for nontheist types... we call it... Holding You in the Light.  It basically means thinking warm and supportive and healing thoughts for you.

By the way...  Did I ever tell you about what David said to Kevin and me, after we had finally started getting to know each other better?  We had known of each other for several years, but not really spoken much...  when we finally got around to talking and discovered that we liked each other's company and had a lot in common... David, in a moment of happy contenment, said to us, "I am so glad we got past your appearance, and got to know each other."    ||hammerhead||     David has serious foot-in-mouth disease, but he doesn't have a malicious bone in his body.  That comes across much clearer in person.

I love you, leese!  Keep on truckin!
"I think, indeed, that the goodness of God, through His Christ, may recall all His creatures to one end."
--Origen

Shawna

"I think, indeed, that the goodness of God, through His Christ, may recall all His creatures to one end."
--Origen

john

Leese:

I am very sorry to hear of this, and am very pleased to see you posting again.  That stairway doesn't stand a chance.

David M

Quote from: Shawna on November 30, 2009, 04:50:58 PM

By the way...  Did I ever tell you about what David said to Kevin and me, after we had finally started getting to know each other better?  We had known of each other for several years, but not really spoken much...  when we finally got around to talking and discovered that we liked each other's company and had a lot in common... David, in a moment of happy contenment, said to us, "I am so glad we got past your appearance, and got to know each other."    ||hammerhead||     David has serious foot-in-mouth disease, but he doesn't have a malicious bone in his body.  That comes across much clearer in person.

||grin||   ||offtopic||  ||no_no||  ||whistling||  ||rose||

Servant of God

missing you leese  ||sad||   Hurry home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JustMyron

Quote from: Servant of God on December 01, 2009, 02:29:41 AMmissing you leese  ||sad||   Hurry home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I so very much agree...

Shawna

Quote from: David M on November 30, 2009, 11:39:06 PM
Quote from: Shawna on November 30, 2009, 04:50:58 PM

||grin||   ||offtopic||  ||no_no||  ||whistling||  ||rose||

I couldn't say it better myself...  ||rotfl||

I love you too, David!  ||hug||
--Origen

styleislove

Oh, Leese.  ||hug||
I'm so glad you're okay, I nearly started crying when I read the first post. ||sad||
I hope you recover quickly!
Love you, Leese-y. <3
You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.
So I'm going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how.
8y 8eing me.

leighann907

Mom has officially transferred to the Rehabilitation Unit here at Providence. The new room number is 581, just in case anyone needs it. Here, she?ll be working at getting back into a daily routine. Each day she has three hours of miscellaneous therapy scheduled throughout the morning and afternoon. She?ll continue doing it until she?s able enough to go home and get along by herself. It sounds like a large deciding factor for when she?ll be ready is whether or not she can tackle the stairs. She knows if she keeps at it, she?ll be there in no time. Believe me, mentally, she?s beyond ready to knock those stairs into tomorrow. Today was the first full day of starting long therapy sessions. She worked so hard? she was beat by the time she finished her speech therapy after 3.

Her doctors and therapists are still sounding hopeful for a full recovery; however, they?ve found another issue that needs addressing. The stroke has left mom with some left-sided negligence. Same as gaining the mobility back in her limbs, this is a problem that can be worked with. It?s just going to take time, hard work and lots of support. I found this link about it if anyone wanted to read a little about it. http://www.asha.org/public/speech/disorders/RightBrainDamage.htm I was blown away, I?d never heard of such a thing. We?re already beginning to plan exercises into her daily routine to help correct it. Luckily, it doesn?t seem too severe. Her speech therapist suggested activities like reading and playing cards.  I?m looking forward to working with her on this.

With the help of her physical therapist and a steady handrail, she walked about 30 feet today. He braced her leg while she shifted weight and with one baby step at a time, she walked the entire rail. Once she gains more muscle tone from weight bearing it?ll become easier, then eventually she?ll be cruising by herself.  It was moving to watch; my mom is my hero. She is doing so unbelievably well with all of this and staying exceptionally positive. I told her today that when I grow up, I want to be just like her. Well, minus all this stroke business? and that made her laugh.

Thanks again for being so supportive here? it?s been an enormous encouragement for mom. I?ve always thought my mom was a pretty big deal, but it?s nice to see that so may other people feel the same way.

Off topic, but I wanted to put it up... moose outside the hospital. I just assume that isn't common everywhere.

catwixen

OMG Mooseman is gonna love that^!!!!
Thankyou so much Leighann. You keeping us informed is invaluable. Your mom is very much loved here.
It sounds like a very hard road for you and your family and leese to travel. You and we believe in leeses strength....we also know she might get tired...it is ok, hey? Love to her...is all we can offer. There is much much love here, I know that for sure!!!!!!

catwixen

Hey Leighann, how are you doing? You know there are many people here who care about you? I certainly do. I heard you were an awesome person...thru your mum.  ||smiley||

Sita

Thanks so much Leighann for keeping us posted on your mom?s recovery.  From what you told us, it looks as though she'll be back better than ever. 

||banana|| ||banana|| ||banana|| ||banana|| ||banana||

Hugs to both of you.

||hug|| ||hug|| ||hug|| ||hug|| ||hug||

nateswift

"Card games?"  Woohooo!  Take my advice and do not play poker with her.  Now pinochle, especially double deck pinochle navy style is a great game if you have 4 reasonably intelligent people.

Kerlyssa

+1 to ricky for visiting leese.

jedweber

Hi Leese - I wish you all the best.

I just want to let you know that amazing recoveries are possible.  My father had a massive stroke more than ten years ago that put him in a coma. When he woke up, he could only move his eyelids and had to communicate by blinking. He spent months in a traumatic brain injury unit and then over a year in a nursing/rehab facility. He worked hard with the therapists, there were ups and downs, but he never gave up and gradually recovered his abilities.

Now he's been back home for ten years and is still going strong in his 70s. He gets around with a walker and a wheelchair, is very active in the community (he's become a bit of an advocate for the disabled), and keeps in touch with family and friends all over the country through his computer. Beyond the physical conditions that are out of one's control,  I think keeping a positive attitude, keeping active and engaged, and finding meaning and purpose in one's life can help recovery a great deal.

rickymooston

Outside the hospital is a safe place ... Sarah Palin isn't around ...

Sounds encouraging

Shawna

Yay, Leighann!  You are also a hero!  When I grow up, I want to be just like you and leese, only minus the stroke and minus the arctic circle part... although the moose are cool.  I would also like to be able to poop alone... although I haven't reliably been able to poop alone for many years... there's always some kid banging on the door, "Mom!!!!!!!!  He's copying me!"  "She's not letting me watch my movie!"  "Nuh-uh!"  "Nuh-huh!"  And allllll together....   "MOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!"  *Deep sigh*

Thank you so much for keeping us informed, and thank you so much to leese for thinking about us.  Your mom is awesome, Leighann.

I love you, leese, and not only am I still praying for you, but I have also got my whole church praying for you too!   ||razz||  You're on God's radar whether you like it or not!  Neener-neener-neener!  I am hoping that this will give you some more incentive to walk that hall!  Anything to get away from those darned prayer circles......   ||preach||
--Origen

leese

I've got lots of replies cached in my head. I'm finally back online with my own computer. yay...

Happy Evolute

Kerlyssa

Quote from: leese on December 02, 2009, 09:59:52 PM
I've got lots of replies cached in my head. I'm finally back online with my own computer. yay...

||devil|| ||hug||

Sita

Include me in on those happy dances.  Yay Leese.

||banana|| ||banana|| ||banana|| ||banana|| ||banana||

||hug|| ||hug|| ||hug|| ||hug|| ||hug||

nateswift

Dunno whether to join the dancing or go somewhere and hide.

Guess I'll dance in a really secret place.

Former Believer

Outstanding!  Welcome back, Leese!

David M

Quote from: nateswift on December 02, 2009, 11:02:00 PM

Dunno whether to join the dancing or go somewhere and hide.

Guess I'll dance in a really secret place.

Spoken like a true Quaker.   ||razz||

leese

Quote from: Former Believer on December 02, 2009, 11:42:35 PM

Outstanding!  Welcome back, Leese!
You're safe Nate. I'm limited to typing with my right middle finger. I've been dedpertely trying to get the left middle finger to redpond, but no luck yet. Rehab therapists are trying to help in my recovery of this important communication endeavor.

rickymooston

Quote from: leese on December 03, 2009, 05:20:06 AM
[I'm limited to typing with my right middle finger. I've been dedpertely trying to get the left middle finger to redpond, but no luck yet.

At least you have a very valid excuse for your typos.

nateswift

Lemme see if I've got this straight.  Yer typing with your middle finger?   And I'm safe?

leese

Quote from: rickymooston on December 03, 2009, 05:25:14 AM
[I'm limited to typing with my right middle finger. I've been dedpertely trying to get the left middle finger to redpond, but no luck yet.

trust me; i'm using it all the time.
leese:  I had a massive stroke, STFU. Need anyone killed?

leese

Things are going well here in the hospital life. Thr Dtr.s and therapists did my assemrnt today and came up with a tenative dischaege date og 3-4 weeks. I'm pretty elated and aprehensive at the same time. yay freedom but jeeze, today was the firstt day I got myself into a wheelchair without help. That's a long wat from being self-sufficent and driving. I have to pass a specialdriving test to get my licrnse back. This is required after TBIs znd strokes. Thatsis good measure in my opinion

i would'nt trust my griving zt the moment
Quote from: rickymooston on December 03, 2009, 05:25:14 AM

Nothing personal Nate. it's directed at strokes and other such bulls**te

Servant of God

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO leese is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ||banana2|| ||banana2|| ||banana2|| ||banana2|| ||banana2|| ||banana2|| ||banana2|| ||banana2|| ||banana|| ||banana|| ||banana|| ||banana|| ||banana|| ||banana|| ||banana|| ||banana|| ||banana|| ||banana|| ||banana|| ||devil|| ||devil|| ||devil|| ||devil|| ||devil|| ||devil|| ||devil|| ||devil|| ||devil|| ||devil|| ||devil|| ||devil|| ||devil|| ||devil|| ||devil|| ||devil|| ||devil||

jill

So good to see you (read you) Leese!  

You'll be self sufficient again in now time.    ||thumbs||

It is what it is

leese

Quote from: jill on December 03, 2009, 03:35:21 PM
So good to see you (read you) Leese!  

You'll be self sufficient again in now time.    ||thumbs||

?thanks, Jill, and everyone else for the words of encouragement and your personal stories about stroke recovery.
fit: THANK OU FOR SHOEING UP TO TALK TO ME. iT MEANT A GREAT DEAL TO ME. ||hug||

Former Believer

Leese, do you realize that you, me, and Wesley Snipes are all 47 years old?

jill

Quote from: Former Believer on December 04, 2009, 05:43:03 PM

Hey!  I used to be 47!    ||tip hat||
It is what it is

leese

how nice it is to come back to my room and find mail from forum members waiting on my bed. Thank you for the cards, flowers, and a book of poetry I'm ready to dive into. This community is wonderful and I'm proud to call many of you my 'friend.

Therapy is going well. I managed to 'walk about 100 feet in total today. I'm pretty sure they're training me to walk on my butt, since every exercise seems to involve thoxe muscles.

nateswift

Quote from: leese on December 04, 2009, 11:57:49 PM
how nice it is to come back to my room and find mail from forum members waiting on my bed. Thank you for the cards, flowers, and a book of poetry I'm ready to dive into. This community is wonderful and I'm proud to call many of you my 'friend.

Therapy is going well. I managed to 'walk about 100 feet in total today. I'm pretty sure they're training me to walk on my butt, since every exercise seems to involve thoxe muscles.

ooooh, butt muscles...... Don't even talk to me about butt muscles.  Did I ever tellya about my last backpacking trip?

BTW you should know that I am typing this with my middle fingers to "salute" your stroke and any other such, as you suggested.

leese

Lets hope 48 is just a wee bit better fo some of us. ||think||

leese

Quote from: nateswift on December 05, 2009, 01:12:52 AM

ooooh, butt muscles...... Don't even talk to me about butt muscles.  Did I ever tellya about my last backpacking trip?

BTW you should know that I am typing this with my middle fingers to "salute" your stroke and any other such, as you suggested.
Do tell Nate..butt stories are always good

h

Servant of God

So glad to see you here, leese......  ||hug|| ||hug||

Boy it sure has been awful lonely around here since you've been gone..............

Goobatron

I managed to 'walk about 100 feet in total today.

Thats better than what i managed! I MIGHT have walked 100millimetres today.

Ratman

Hang in there Leese.  So good your being taken care of. ||thumbs||  You are very special here to me so welcome back ||hug||
There's no real relationship between what a person believes and what their religion ostensibly teaches them to believe.

Former Believer

Quote from: leese on December 05, 2009, 01:27:25 AM
Lets hope 48 is just a wee bit better fo some of us. ||think||

Indeed!

Son of Man

Leese, I'm glad that you're improving. That's wonderful. : )

I'm curious, does it seem that the way you think has changed since the stroke?  Are you more or less bothered by or interested in certain things?

leese

Quote from: Son of Man on December 06, 2009, 03:49:45 AM
Leese, I'm glad that you're improving. That's wonderful. : )

I'm curious, does it seem that the way you think has changed since the stroke?  Are you more or less bothered by or interested in certain things?
hmmm..  it was a right brain stroke, so it affected my motor skills rather than my cognitive ones.I have noticed my emotions are closer to the surface and I'm more impatient, and impulsive than usual. Talking to other people with and their families, I understand that some do have more personality changes than I'm experiencing.         my husband has taken to calling me ' Turbo', locking my wheelchair brakes, and setting the bed alarm, because of my newdeficits in caution ATM..     I don't like waiting for other people to do something for me, so I try to do it or get to it myself. Not the safest thing if you're still 1/2 paralyzed i wouldHAVE TO ASK LelEIGHANN IF SHE notives ANY other personality changes I'm not aware of.As far as intrests,I've always been fascinated by the human brain and now a bunch of          Drs want to talk about mine, draw me pictures,and patiently answer my questions.I can't help but think how cool life would be if I had that kind of teaching for every thing I had an intrest in. I'd say I'm as inquisitive as I always have been, I like to know how everything works or at the very least try to find out. I'm still annoyingly childlike in this regard, and will ask anyone that might have an answer to whatever catches my eye.

BladeofTheImmortal

Just so you know leighann, I'm a single graduate student with vast potential.
/\_/\        ( \__/)
(")_(")       (")_(")

David M

Quote from: BladeofTheImmortal on December 06, 2009, 05:59:08 PM

(Otherwise known as a professional student with no reliable source of income.)

leese

[/quote
  but can you Hula Hoop or repair a Subaru with duct Tape? Alaskans have a different set of standards.

SkunkButt

I would like to see leese in her wheelchair sliding completely out of control down a moderately steep sloped road on black ice. All the doctors and thearpists yelling and running after leese who is yelling back "STFU" this is funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!   ||razz||

Dennis Miller

Happy Evolute

Quote from: David M on December 06, 2009, 07:59:14 PM

LOL

+1

BladeofTheImmortal

Damn you, my wording made it sound much better.
/\_/\        ( \__/)
(")_(")       (")_(")

David M

Quote from: BladeofTheImmortal on December 07, 2009, 05:54:59 PM

Maybe you should be in Marketing!   ||tip hat||

BladeofTheImmortal

Quote from: David M on December 07, 2009, 06:29:41 PM

Maybe you should be in Marketing!   ||tip hat||

Truer words were never spoken. My degree is in Marketing and I'll be graduating this Saturday.

EDIT: Since I feel like inflating my huge ego even more, I'm graduating with a 3.6 GPA and I'll be in the top 10% of my class. Go me!
/\_/\        ( \__/)
(")_(")       (")_(")

leese

Congrats, Blade!! Big yay and "go you"!!!

leese

+Upper right area took the damage.Left side is fairly accurate thought process.
leeses' CT SCAN

BladeofTheImmortal

yeah, if only I had a job offering it'd be much better.
/\_/\        ( \__/)
(")_(")       (")_(")

catwixen

s**t that CT scan is amazing!
Do they say anything about the bleeding stopping eventually?

David M

Quote from: BladeofTheImmortal on December 07, 2009, 10:55:05 PM
yeah, if only I had a job offering it'd be much better.

Have you applied to any companies in Alaska?

David M

Quote from: BladeofTheImmortal on December 07, 2009, 07:37:27 PM

Truer words were never spoken. My degree is in Marketing and I'll be graduating this Saturday.

EDIT: Since I feel like inflating my huge ego even more, I'm graduating with a 3.6 GPA and I'll be in the top 10% of my class. Go me!

Amazingly, many forum members still refuse to acknowledge my prophetic gifts. 

nateswift

Quote from: leese on December 07, 2009, 09:10:05 PM
leeses' CT SCAN

Wow!  I'm envious.  YOU got proof that you have a brain!

BladeofTheImmortal

Quote from: David M on December 08, 2009, 12:05:11 AM

Amazingly, many forum members still refuse to acknowledge my prophetic gifts. 

Never doubted you for a second.
/\_/\        ( \__/)
(")_(")       (")_(")

jill

Quote from: nateswift on December 08, 2009, 12:39:36 AM

Leese says: "The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side. Oh joy! Rapture! I got a brain!"

||grin||
It is what it is

leighann907

Congrats Blade... You must be jazzed to be done.

leese

Quote from: catwixen on December 07, 2009, 11:22:00 PM

Yeah, the clot is reasorbing right now, and they eill be doing a CT every week for the next few months, to keep an eye on it. Now they are watching for sezures. from what I remember of the Neuro                                                                                                               doc's talk; the there is still electrical activity in the damaged area and it can cause a seizure.      or I could get pegged by a bus when I leave here. Life is uncertain at best for everyone. No sense worrying bout it.||cool||

David M

Quote from: leese on December 08, 2009, 03:40:17 AM
Quote from: catwixen on December 07, 2009, 11:22:00 PM

Yeah, the clot is reasorbing right now, and they eill be doing a CT every week for the next few months, to keep an eye on it. Now they are watching for sezures. from what I remember of the Neuro                                                                                                               doc's talk; the there is still electrical activity in the damaged area and it can cause a seizure.      or I could get pegged by a bus when I leave here. Life is uncertain at best for everyone. No sense worrying bout it.||cool||

They have buses in Alaska?  I thought you all rode snowmobiles!

BladeofTheImmortal

Quote from: leighann907 on December 08, 2009, 02:43:00 AM

Congrats Blade... You must be jazzed to be done.

Jazzed, yet still in need of a job.
/\_/\        ( \__/)
(")_(")       (")_(")

jill

Quote from: David M on December 08, 2009, 03:53:28 AM

Sarah Palin insists they are called Snow Machines.    ||cheesy||
It is what it is

leese

Quote from: jill on December 08, 2009, 04:35:13 AM
Quote from: David M on December 08, 2009, 03:53:28 AM

Sarah Palin insists they are called Snow Machines.    ||cheesy||

They are. the 1970's are alive and well in Alaska

Assyriankey

Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

David M

It's sooooo tempting,

...but I'll leave it alone.   ||smiley||

jewbacca

I just found out...minutes ago.  I wish her the best.  She sounded really good on the phone, all things considered.

SkunkButt

leeses' CT SCAN

Leese will now have to change her name to:

Sarah Bellum

Dennis Miller

nateswift

Quote from: SkunkButt on December 08, 2009, 08:50:44 PM
leeses' CT SCAN

Sarah Bellum

There hasta be a way to plant a bomp in a skunk's message box.  I gotta talk to Steve.

leese

Quote from: David M on December 08, 2009, 03:04:47 PM
It's sooooo tempting,

...but I'll leave it alone.   ||smiley||
Bah, go for it. I could use a chuckle, David. My feelings aren't that tender... ||wink||

BladeofTheImmortal

^Then why the hell did I waste my time writing you poems and sending you flowers?
/\_/\        ( \__/)
(")_(")       (")_(")

leese

Quote from: BladeofTheImmortal on December 09, 2009, 04:35:46 PM
^Then why the hell did I waste my time writing you poems and sending you flowers?
Because you're just that kind of guy.

leese

Quote from: yosi on December 08, 2009, 07:56:13 PM
I just found out...minutes ago.  I wish her the best.  She sounded really good on the phone, all things considered.
Yosi didn'y sound Jewish at all. I think he's been faking it. ||think||
Thanks for the call.           Nice to hear from you and Raquel ||thumbs||

leese

Quote from: nateswift on December 08, 2009, 09:07:45 PM
Quote from: SkunkButt on December 08, 2009, 08:50:44 PM
leeses' CT SCAN

Sarah Bellum

There hasta be a way to plant a bomp in a skunk's message box.  I gotta talk to Steve.

What have you done with ,my peacable Quaker?  No bomps ! Skunkbutt is allowed to make terrible puns.  I't's in a skunk's nature to do so

nateswift

leese

Quote from: nateswift on December 10, 2009, 12:22:50 AM
^ hokay......    I be bad
must be one of those rogue Quakers we hear about on the news from time to time...

sky

My username is sky and my password is #####
-its yours if you want it.

jewbacca

Quote from: leese on December 09, 2009, 11:32:48 PM
Thanks for the call.           Nice to hear from you and Raquel ||thumbs||
2 Things:
1. What is a Jew supposed to sound like?
2. When one spends years in the South, one develops a Southern accent.

leese

Quote from: yosi on December 10, 2009, 01:34:26 AM
Quote from: leese on December 09, 2009, 11:32:48 PM
I just found out...minutes ago.  I wish her the best.  She sounded really good on the phone, all things considered.
Thanks for the call.           Nice to hear from you and Raquel ||thumbs||
2 Things:
2. When one spends years in the South, one develops a Southern accent.
twas a joke Yosi. I have a whole bunch of Jersey and N.Y. Jews in my extended family. I didn't pick up much Southern accent either.     my husband is Southern and you can't hear his much either because he dislikes the stereotype people attach to it at times

Goobatron

Captain Luke

Quote from: yosi on December 10, 2009, 01:34:26 AM

Oy Vey, already my friend!

I have to admit to a very limited knowledge on this subject...

Assyriankey

Kerlyssa

Ok, really, guys? Really?

The jew jitsu one was at least friendly. Showing bleeding jewish kids is just nasty. Knock it off.

jewbacca

Looks like something from Gush Katif evacuation, and was referenced from an antisemitic and anti-american site.

Goobatron

Ratman

Leese, Thank Zeus you are okay. Glad to see you better and you are a big part of this wonderful space and you make life worth it!

Love ya kid,

Ratman

BladeofTheImmortal

/\_/\        ( \__/)
(")_(")       (")_(")

Assyriankey

Quote from: BladeofTheImmortal on December 11, 2009, 01:16:50 PM
I thought it was funny pops.

I like the guy in the background, pointing his finger.

BladeofTheImmortal

Quote from: Assyriankey on December 11, 2009, 01:18:19 PM
Quote from: BladeofTheImmortal on December 11, 2009, 01:16:50 PM
I thought it was funny pops.

I like the guy in the background, pointing his finger.

I like him to.

He's saying. "OI! Now I'mma havta get tough with ye, eh?"

^That's pretty much a mix of every dialect I could think of.
/\_/\        ( \__/)
(")_(")       (")_(")

leese

endingLeighann's thread on a happy note:
  afterr a stay of 5 1/2 weeks in the hospital, I will be released on Dec. 29th . I'll be doing out patient physical therapy 4-5 days a week until I'm 100 % again. They say 6 months to a year for that. Thanks again everyone, for all the care and support during this time. It's meant a lot to me.And Leighanna, thank you for doing this and everything else you have been doing for me, both physically and emotionally. I love you, and am greatful I have a daughter like you. You make me laugh every day.   No one else can do that. muah!

nateswift

Dang!  If you end the thread, I'll hafta change what I check first when signing in.

leese

Quote from: nateswift on December 18, 2009, 04:37:13 AM
Dang!  If you end the thread, I'll hafta change what I check first when signing in.
well, it's the end of the reason for the thread, you keep on posting , Nate. I like hearing from you.

Goobatron

Quote from: leese on December 18, 2009, 05:36:19 AM
well, it's the end of the reason for the thread, you keep on posting , Nate. I like hearing from you.

JELOUS

leese

Gooobs, I love hearing from you. ||wink||

catwixen

Quote from: Goobatron on December 18, 2009, 05:40:10 AM

JELOUS

SPELLCHECK!!!

Goobatron

Quote from: catwixen on December 18, 2009, 06:49:36 AM

JELOUS

SPELLCHECK!!!

STFU and GTFO!!!

catwixen

Quote from: Goobatron on December 18, 2009, 06:52:19 AM

JELOUS

SPELLCHECK!!!

STFU and GTFO!!!

You are

catwixen

Sorry Leighann and leese, I will let him get the last word and will stop now.  ||grin||

Goobatron

Quote from: catwixen on December 18, 2009, 07:03:21 AM
Quote from: Goobatron on December 18, 2009, 06:52:19 AM

JELOUS

SPELLCHECK!!!

STFU and GTFO!!!

You are

YOUR FACE IS, AND YOU HAVE BACK FAT!!!!

Brutus

Get well soon leese!!

Quote from: jill on December 08, 2009, 02:24:11 AM

Leese says: "The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side. Oh joy! Rapture! I got a brain!"

||grin||

lol Wizard of Oz.

Waldo

Hi Leese!  Don't know you very well but I love you and I'm always thinking about you in a good way. 
What is it to you?

leese

Quote from: Waldo on December 18, 2009, 11:06:11 PM
Hi Leese!  Don't know you very well but I love you and I'm always thinking about you in a good way. 
I'll take it, Waldo!, and consider myself very lucky.

catwixen

Whats happening Xmas Day leese? Do you get day release to spend at home?
Or do family have to smuggle booze into the hospital?  ||cheesy||

nateswift

Hokay!  I knew it was there and I finally found it!  Forum rules page 643 Paragraph 1934 sub paragraph h:  "Any time a highly valued forum member suffers a disabling stroke, she must maintain a thread reporting progress in therapy until full recovery." 

Let's see you get around that!

jewbacca

Quote from: jill on December 08, 2009, 02:24:11 AM

||grin||
Wait, that's not what he said in the book...

leese

Quote from: nateswift on December 22, 2009, 02:08:22 AM

Hokay!  I knew it was there and I finally found it!  Forum rules page 643 Paragraph 1934 sub paragraph h:  "Any time a highly valued forum member suffers a disabling stroke, she must maintain a thread reporting progress in therapy until full recovery." 

Let's see you get around that!

LOL Ok, If you want the boring particulars, you might regret it, but lately, I got the time if you got the ear.

I am still kicking ass in rehab.Lucky thing I started out really strong before the stroke The muscles in my left side are starting to activate as my brain remaps pathways to them and begins to recognize that they still work. This whole process is annoying and frustrating yet fascinating to learn about. I am in totalawe of the therapists that work here. Not only for their dedication, knowledge, but that they can get people to try what seems impossible in their physical condition. I joke with my one PT that he could get me to try log rolling and chainsaw juggling if he put his mind to it. He did manage to get me to walk across the gym a few days ago, with just two fingers on his shoulder and his sincere promise not to let me fall. When you consider I can't feel my left leg st all and have to mentally lock that knee every step and just trust his assurance that it really is locked, well, that's amazing.

So, when I go home, I have a long flight stairs to climb, one at a time, but it's doable, because this therapist taught me how and tells me I'm good to do it. Hell to the yeah, as Leighann would say. Now, I just need a cup holder attached to my walker for around the house and I think I'm set.

It's really weird to have all this disabled stuff around and to be using it. I don't know where this experience will lead me but the angle of understanding I'm getting on this slice of life is opening up many possiblities. I've already seen extended compasion in my family. Everyone's lives are changed in this.

Although it's still undetermined what caused my stroke. One DR. ventured that it was a combination of factors,possibly in part genetic, and including the damage done from smoking for30 years. Even though I quit more than 5 years ago, have been active healthy,great cholesterol and low blood pressure. So sorry Charlie. With that said, two family members are quitting smoking because of it One of my sisters and my favorite cool brother-in-law.  ||thumbs||

A

David M

Cool.  Any word from Jesus yet?   ||grin||

leese

Quote from: David M on December 22, 2009, 05:44:16 AM
LOL...No, although he's had ample opportunity,  make an appearance. Not that I asked him to, mind you....  ||razz|| He must just like some people better than others. ||think||

David M

Quote from: leese on December 22, 2009, 05:49:47 AM
LOL...No, although he's had ample opportunity,  make an appearance. Not that I asked him to, mind you....  ||razz|| He must just like some people better than others. ||think||

Don't you believe that for a minute!

leese

Quote from: David M on December 22, 2009, 05:58:40 AM

Don't you believe that for a minute!

no danger of me believing  any of it. ||wink||

nateswift

Speaking of which, have you got that poor chaplain tearing out his hair yet?

Waldo

Leese, I love the way you write.  There's obviously nothing wrong with your thought process.  If you don't mind my asking, how's your speech? 
What is it to you?

Trevor

Quote from: Waldo on December 22, 2009, 01:19:26 PM
Leese, I love the way you write.  There's obviously nothing wrong with your thought process.  If you don't mind my asking, how's your speech? 
I can answer that if you like.
Her speech is totally fine Waldo. I spoke to her on the phone a week or so back.
Her thought/mental processes, intellgience and speech are completely in tact.
Not to mention her sense of humour. She was even full of jokes.

what a women!
||beerchug||
Chief of Hooters
WILLIE STROKER!!!!!!!

leese

Quote from: Trevor on December 22, 2009, 01:23:09 PM
Quote from: Waldo on December 22, 2009, 01:19:26 PM
Thanks, Trev ||beerchug||
I can answer that if you like.
Her speech is totally fine Waldo. I spoke to her on the phone a week or so back.
Her thought/mental processes, intellgience and speech are completely in tact.
Not to mention her sense of humour. She was even full of jokes.

what a women!
||beerchug||
Thanks, TrevorYou're pretty damn awesome yourself!
WaldoI don't mind. I'm pretty immersed in all this stroke business right now and am not embarrassed about anything regarding it, except some pictures my husband and daughter keep taking of me. in which need to be destroyed. ,The first week after the stroke, I had some slurring and my husband said I sounded like
Larry Flint, which made us laugh, but I'm back to normal, except I've lost my whistle..Leighann bought me a harmonica to work on the muscles, so I can get it back. I haven't tried much in singing ranges, just a little radio singing in the car, and it sounded off, but it wasn't remarkable to beginwith ||cool||  I just like to sing for my own pleasure and hope it's a temporary loss.

leese

Quote from: nateswift on December 22, 2009, 01:17:30 PM

The Chaplin is actually a really beautiful woman, inside and out.She said she would sign-up here. I'll remind her when she stops in again. She and I are very polite to each other, as it should be, but she isn't one of those literalist, so I don't  have much to get riled about, and she keeps it very secular in her concern and conversation with me and my family. Like I said, very nice woman...

nateswift

Quote from: leese on December 23, 2009, 02:42:29 AM

The Chaplin is actually a really beautiful woman, inside and out.She said she would sign-up here. I'll remind her when she stops in again. She and I are very polite to each other, as it should be, but she isn't one of those literalist, so I don't  have much to get riled about, and she keeps it very secular in her concern and conversation with me and my family. Like I said, very nice woman...

Woohoo!  An exception to mainstream tradition that we hope to see more of!  I'd ask if you are sure she's not a Quaker except that I am so happy to see others finding out what we have long known.

leese

Quote from: nateswift on December 23, 2009, 06:52:43 AM
Quote from: leese on December 23, 2009, 02:42:29 AM

The Chaplin is actually a really beautiful woman, inside and out.She said she would sign-up here. I'll remind her when she stops in again. She and I are very polite to each other, as it should be, but she isn't one of those literalist, so I don't  have much to get riled about, and she keeps it very secular in her concern and conversation with me and my family. Like I said, very nice woman...

w

Woohoo!  An exception to mainstream tradition that we hope to see more of!  I'd ask if you are sure she's not a Quaker except that I am so happy to see others finding out what we have long known.
e had nice things to mutualy say about Quakers. She seems to have a wide outlook on religion. Her job here requires her to offer counsiling and support to people of all faiths, or of none, at the possibly worst times in their lives. She's very sensitive to people rather than dogma. I don't see the literal bible christians surviving, let alone florishing as they have been far into the future, except as main characters in horror movies .I will certainly do my part to fight all the evil bigiotedhate crap they endorse for society.

leese

Quote from: catwixen on December 22, 2009, 01:27:54 AM
got a pass for xmas eve, went out for Japanese food with my little family. It was very nice to be out just like normal.

tomorrow, I have another pass and We'll go out for a while. I didn't get to do any shopping or decorating before all this so, it's a low-key holiday this year. we're all just happy I didn't kick the bucket. I'm going to have a familydinner at home on New years Day. There is a ham and cheesecake sitting in my fridge at home that my mom sends every year that we look forward to sharing. at Christmas. Leighann will be cooking it this year. She just took my dog to live at her house until I'm brtter. Her kitties are royally pissed, and she's been sending my pictures of their little angry faces.Molly loves kitties. She likes to nibble them because they taste so good. kitties don't like to be nibbled.

i hope everyone is sharing this time with people they love and that love them back. Happy Holidays to all. ||hug||

catwixen

Merry Xmas leesey....luv you heaps.
Glad you got out for a while..... ||love||

nateswift

Quote from: leese on December 24, 2009, 03:19:34 AM
She seems to have a wide outlook on religion. Her job here requires her to offer counsiling and support to people of all faiths, or of none, at the possibly worst times in their lives. She's very sensitive to people rather than dogma. I don't see the literal bible christians surviving, let alone florishing as they have been far into the future, except as main characters in horror movies .I will certainly do my part to fight all the evil bigiotedhate crap they endorse for society.

I'm witchoo!  I will also be doing my part to spread the love that is the basis for the faith some of us have and which all can share regardless of faith.

nateswift

Quote from: leese on December 25, 2009, 06:48:29 AM
Quote from: catwixen on December 22, 2009, 01:27:54 AM
got a pass for xmas eve, went out for Japanese food with my little family. It was very nice to be out just like normal.

tomorrow, I have another pass and We'll go out for a while. I didn't get to do any shopping or decorating before all this so, it's a low-key holiday this year. we're all just happy I didn't kick the bucket. I'm going to have a familydinner at home on New years Day. There is a ham and cheesecake sitting in my fridge at home that my mom sends every year that we look forward to sharing. at Christmas. Leighann will be cooking it this year. She just took my dog to live at her house until I'm brtter. Her kitties are royally pissed, and she's been sending my pictures of their little angry faces.Molly loves kitties. She likes to nibble them because they taste so good. kitties don't like to be nibbled.

i hope everyone is sharing this time with people they love and that love them back. Happy Holidays to all. ||hug||

WHAT?  No turkey sushi?!!  Gladya got paroled.  Best wishes for the holidays

sky

Best wishes leese, hang in there. I hope all your hard work pays off big time!

jill

Quote from: leese on December 25, 2009, 06:48:29 AM

Thank you Leese!  Hugs back.

I'm so glad to see that you're able to get out and about a bit.

Merry Christmas!   ||beerchug||
It is what it is

leese

Quote from: sky on December 25, 2009, 03:46:53 PM
Thanks Sky. BTW, talk to your Dr. about taking daily asprin. Being over 40 as a woman, adds a risk for stroke(menopause)

0, as does bad past habits, like smoking. So there's
's two strikes against you already. I'd hate to see anyone not take such a small step to prevent somethung like this from happening to them. Stroke is the#3 cause of death in the U.S.

sky

Quote from: leese on December 25, 2009, 09:07:03 PM
Thanks Sky. BTW, talk to your Dr. about taking daily asprin. Being over 40 as a woman, adds a risk for stroke(menopa

Yeah, I've heard that and I should take the asprin, but then I also keep hearing that people take the wrong dose or the wrong kind or something, so I just sit back and do nothing waiting for the confusion to clear. All I really need to do is ask the damn doctor but then I forget to. The only thing I take is Omega 3 fish oil.

Quote, as does bad past habits, like smoking. So there's
's two strikes against you already. I'd hate to see anyone not take such a small step to prevent somethung like this from happening to them. Stroke is the#3 cause of death in the U.S.
I did not know that past habits like smoking could cause a stroke. I assumed if a bad habit like smoking got far enough behind you most everything could go back close to normal. I haven't smoked in 7 years but I smoked for about 25 years, man that sounds bad...#3 for deaths in the US, I didn't know that either. I know my mom had very high cholesterol most of her life. I get those drug store kits and check mine periodically. I can't rememebr if at my yearly they even did a cholesterol check. One thing I do know is I need to start being more prepared when I do go to the doctor and ask more questions, get my money's worth from them. What aspirin do they have you take and what dose? if you don't mind me asking.

leese

Quote from: sky on December 26, 2009, 12:57:03 AM
Quote from: leese on December 25, 2009, 09:07:03 PM
Thanks Sky. BTW, talk to your Dr. about taking daily asprin. Being over 40 as a woman, adds a risk for stroke(menopa

Yeah, I've heard that and I should take the asprin, but then I also keep hearing that people take the wrong dose or the wrong kind or something, so I just sit back and do nothing waiting for the confusion to clear. All I really need to do is ask the damn doctor but then I forget to. The only thing I take is Omega 3 fish oil.

Quote, as does bad past habits, like smoking. So there's

I did not know that past habits like smoking could cause a stroke. I assumed if a bad habit like smoking got far enough behind you most everything could go back close to normal. I haven't smoked in 7 years but I smoked for about 25 years, man that sounds bad...#3 for deaths in the US, I didn't know that either. I know my mom had very high cholesterol most of her life. I get those drug store kits and check mine periodically. I can't rememebr if at my yearly they even did a cholesterol check. One thing I do know is I need to start being more prepared when I do go to the doctor and ask more questions, get my money's worth from them. What aspirin do they have you take and what dose? if you don't mind me asking.

The Dr. has advised 325 mg of ecotrim(it's coated and won't bother your stomach) for me and my sis.He also said even a couple baby asprin are good and won't do any harm. But again, ask your own Dr. Cholesterol can be a risk but I've had blood tests every year to check it for the last 10 years or more. Mine has always been great. I eat lots of nuts, olive oil, fish and avocados. Although high in calories, they are great for your cholesterol. So, having good cholesterol doesn't;t give you any kind of immunity, it's just one less strike against you. Genes can play a big part in strokes. At least then you know you need to be proactive in preventing stroke or heart disease. I thought with smoking 5 years behind me, that I had 'fixed the damage from 30 years of stupidity, but no, I've been told differently.

This^ is on my mind a lot, oh, and learning more about handicap access codes and finding out how to get places that don't meet code, to comply.My world view is now from a sitting position. Might as well fix something while I'm down

sky

Quote from: leese on December 26, 2009, 02:09:46 AM
The Dr. has advised 325 mg of ecotrim(it's coated and won't bother your stomach) for me and my sis.He also said even a couple baby asprin are good and won't do any harm.

Ecotrim, that's the one I had heard of. That's what I'll get. Thanks Leese, that I will do. I didn't know you had a sister...:) sisters are cool when you get older...

On the Cholesterol thing, I think I am going to call up there and find out if they did a check, thinking now I don't think they did or I would know right now what the score was. I don't think they did one. Damn smoking, our generation sure latched onto that one didn't we. Almost all of the women in my family were heavy smokers all of my life. It was a learned behavior, not blaming them but I know why it looked so glamorous...You should get it off your mind leese you can't do anything about the past except learn from it don't worry about it just use it.

Quoteand learning more about handicap access codes and finding out how to get places that don't meet code, to comply. My world view is now from a sitting position. Might as well fix something while I'm down

Yep help others while you can and while you can see their world you know so much more about it. Hang in there leese. I hope it all passes by and you learn how to take the best care of yourself you have ever been able to or known how to.

Also I have no clue of my fathers genetics or family history, that is an unknown for me, so I should be doing much more preventative care in the Cholesterol, heart disease and stroke area.

leese

Quote from: sky on December 26, 2009, 02:34:14 AM
Quote from: leese on December 26, 2009, 02:09:46 AM
The Dr. has advised 325 mg of ecotrim(it's coated and won't bother your stomach) for me and my sis.He also said even a couple baby asprin are good and won't do any harm.

Ecotrim, that's the one I had heard of. That's what I'll get. Thanks Leese, that I will do. I didn't know you had a sister...:) sisters are cool when you get older...
didn't grow up together, so we have no sibling riviarly history. I have two sisters. One a year older and one two years younger. My younger one and I are very close because we spent time living in California at the same time and built a history. I was very lucky to get one at such a late date.She's been a great Aunt to Leighann too.She's a Colleen, and an Irish beauty to match the name.

Glad you are looking into the asprin. Such a small thing to do to possibly prevent so much misery.  ||thumbs||

leese

Received more conclusive reports as to the why I had this stinkin' stroke.I can stop flogging myself thinking my past behaviors  were at fault.: the Neuro guys have decided after re-examining my CTs nd MRIs that my Anterior cerebral artery has a narrowing that is congenital, not from plaque, and eventually suffered a thrombosis at the narrowing. basically, a blot clot formed there due to platelets collecting at the narrow point. Well, that's my layman's understanding of it anyway. So, aspirin is still my best bet to prevent another stroke, as there is really nothing they can do to widen the artery in my situation. no brain surgery, thank you very much.It will be so nice to eventually get to the point where I don't think about all this.

David M

Quote from: leese on December 31, 2009, 09:04:12 PM
Received more conclusive reports as to the why I had this stinkin' stroke.I can stop flogging myself thinking my past behaviors  were at fault.: the Neuro guys have decided after re-examining my CTs nd MRIs that my Anterior cerebral artery has a narrowing that is congenital, not from plaque, and eventually suffered a thrombosis at the narrowing. basically, a blot clot formed there due to platelets collecting at the narrow point. Well, that's my layman's understanding of it anyway. So, aspirin is still my best bet to prevent another stroke, as there is really nothing they can do to widen the artery in my situation. no brain surgery, thank you very much.It will be so nice to eventually get to the point where I don't think about all this.

Ooo, a thrombosis at the narrowing of the Anterior cerebral artery!  That sounds nasty.  Is it contagious?

I'm interested in the self flagulation, though.  What were you using?  A belt, a whip, cat-o-nine-tails?  Please, do tell!

leese

Quote from: David M on December 31, 2009, 11:12:17 PM

Ooo, a thrombosis at the narrowing of the Anterior cerebral artery!  That sounds nasty.  Is it contagious?

I'm interested in the self flagulation, though.  What were you using?  A belt, a whip, cat-o-nine-tails?  Please, do tell!

||chocobo||

catwixen

Oooh does that mean God did it?
||huh||

leese

Quote from: catwixen on January 01, 2010, 06:18:59 AM
Oooh does that mean God did it?
||huh||
Well, either him or my crappy genes I got from my mom sleeping with neighborhood Micks.

Personally I'm surprised more Atheists don't have strokes.Bible god is a pretty vindictive fellow in print. ||think||

Shawna

Happy Happy New Year, leese!  So they released you on the 29th?  How is it going?

Is the elevated risk for stroke "after 40" or "menopause"?  Because I haven't started menopause yet, although I am definitely after 40....
--Origen

leese

Quote from: Shawna on January 02, 2010, 04:42:29 AM
Happy Happy New Year, leese!  So they released you on the 29th?  How is it going?

Is the elevated risk for stroke "after 40" or "menopause"?  Because I haven't started menopause yet, although I am definitely after 40....

Menopause and  pre and post. Ask your Dr if  what, if any asprin dosageis advised for you. Some people just take baby asprin.

Home is taking some adjustment. Everything is here and where I left it when life was simple and normal.It'll be Ok, because there aren't other options. OTOH, I have music again. I was deprived during my hospital stay. They had youtube blocked on their internet and sleepy Christmas tunes playing  in public areas.

Hope you had a wonderful Holiday.  Hugs to Kevin!

Shawna

Christmas was great!  Kevin got home around noon on Christmas Eve and didn't have to leave until the morning of the 29th.

I'll check out the aspirin thing.  In my family, the old ladies all just die in their mid-nineties from being way old.  I can't think of anyone who's had a stroke.

I imagine that home could be difficult to manage for a while longer.  You'll probably need to rearrange some things temporarily.  Are the stairs OK?
--Origen

sky

Received more conclusive reports as to the why I had this stinkin' stroke.I can stop flogging myself thinking my past behaviors  were at fault.: the Neuro guys have decided after re-examining my CTs nd MRIs that my Anterior cerebral artery has a narrowing that is congenital, not from plaque, and eventually suffered a thrombosis at the narrowing. basically, a blot clot formed there due to platelets collecting at the narrow point. Well, that's my layman's understanding of it anyway. So, aspirin is still my best bet to prevent another stroke, as there is really nothing they can do to widen the artery in my situation. no brain surgery, thank you very much.It will be so nice to eventually get to the point where I don't think about all this.

Thanks for sharing that. I'm glad you don't have to have brain surgery, FOR SURE, that sounds way scary. The whole thing must be scary. I wonder if they can monitor that artery?. "Get behind me 2009" that's what leese is thinking...

I still haven't gotten the aspirin yet, I will though next time I'm at Wallgreens. I refuse to think about peri and post either its full blown or its nothing...

Yo!

leese

Quote from: sky on January 02, 2010, 05:21:38 AM
Received more conclusive reports as to the why I had this stinkin' stroke.I can stop flogging myself thinking my past behaviors  were at fault.: the Neuro guys have decided after re-examining my CTs nd MRIs that my Anterior cerebral artery has a narrowing that is congenital, not from plaque, and eventually suffered a thrombosis at the narrowing. basically, a blot clot formed there due to platelets collecting at the narrow point. Well, that's my layman's understanding of it anyway. So, aspirin is still my best bet to prevent another stroke, as there is really nothing they can do to widen the artery in my situation. no brain surgery, thank you very much.It will be so nice to eventually get to the point where I don't think about all this.

Thanks for sharing that. I'm glad you don't have to have brain surgery, FOR SURE, that sounds way scary. The whole thing must be scary. I wonder if they can monitor that artery?. "Get behind me 2009" that's what leese is thinking...

I still haven't gotten the aspirin yet, I will though next time I'm at Wallgreens. I refuse to think about peri and post either its full blown or its nothing...

Yo!

Yeah, I go back in a month for a CT, then 6 months, then at regular intervals to be determined after that. Makes me feel like I have some prevention against another stroke. There is a 14% risk of having a second stroke for a year after the first one. I'm finding the numbers to be very skewed and dependent on circumstances that I am not part of though.I can only do what is possible and try not to think about another. Although, my phone will never be out of reach if I am alone again.All this has made me less of 'Loner' lately.I hope bing over-cautious will pass. It's not in keeping with my personality, but this has been the biggest dose of unpleasant  reality I've ever had and I find some fearfulness lurking in the closets of my mind.

David M

Quote from: leese on January 02, 2010, 06:02:33 AM
Although, my phone will never be out of reach if I am alone again.All this has made me less of 'Loner' lately.I hope bing over-cautious will pass. It's not in keeping with my personality, but this has been the biggest dose of unpleasant  reality I've ever had and I find some fearfulness lurking in the closets of my mind.

Yeah, mortality catches up with all of us eventually.  Hear from Jesus yet?   ||Kris||

leese

Quote from: David M on January 02, 2010, 06:52:23 AM
Although, my phone will never be out of reach if I am alone again.All this has made me less of 'Loner' lately.I hope bing over-cautious will pass. It's not in keeping with my personality, but this has been the biggest dose of unpleasant  reality I've ever had and I find some fearfulness lurking in the closets of my mind.

Yeah, mortality catches up with all of us eventually.   Hear from Jesus yet?   ||Kris||

lol! yes it does. finally we agree on something.
No sign of the Jewish guy. Do you figure he stopped off somewhere for a little nosh and got lost? ||think||

David M

Quote from: leese on January 02, 2010, 07:02:17 AM
Quote from: David M on January 02, 2010, 06:52:23 AM

Yeah, mortality catches up with all of us eventually.   Hear from Jesus yet?   ||Kris||

lol! yes it does. finally we agree on something.
No sign of the Jewish guy. Do you figure he stopped off somewhere for a little nosh and got lost? ||think|| 

Could be he's trying to find a good pair of boots.  Last time I saw him, he was just wearing sandals.   ||think||  brrrr...

Shawna

One thing I have noticed about Jesus is He really is there, even when you don't notice that He is until later.  But He doesn't do the dishes, or carry out the garbage... which would be nice once in a while.
--Origen

David M

Quote from: Shawna on January 02, 2010, 07:13:02 AM
One thing I have noticed about Jesus is He really is there, even when you don't notice that He is until later.  But He doesn't do the dishes, or carry out the garbage... which would be nice once in a while.

Maybe not, but I hear he can arrange for a plumber in a hurry!

nateswift

Quote from: leese on January 02, 2010, 05:06:14 AM

OTOH, I have music again. I was deprived during my hospital stay. They had youtube blocked on their internet and sleepy Christmas tunes playing  in public areas.

Hope you had a wonderful Holiday.  Hugs to Kevin!

Oooooooh, maybe you can answer a burning question:  how many times can you hear "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" without actually going through a wall?

Shawna

Quote from: David M on January 02, 2010, 07:21:43 AM
Quote from: Shawna on January 02, 2010, 07:13:02 AM

Maybe not, but I hear he can arrange for a plumber in a hurry!

That, He will do!
--Origen