News:

IGI has a myspace page.  Please add us if you're a myspace fiend!

Main Menu

Food

Started by Shnozzola, October 04, 2020, 12:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jstwebbrowsing

Oh yeah, fixin's too.  Hush puppies, cole slaw, and green beans. 
Do not put your trust in princes nor in a son of man, who cannot bring salvation.

Psalm 146:3

Shnozzola

Korean street food burgers, in honor of national hamburger day.........

Ironically, the myriad  of "god" beliefs of humanity are proving to be more dangerous than us learning that we are on our own, making the way we treat each other far more important

Shnozzola

Pat's in Philly. The one's with peppers, onions, mushrooms and cheese – ooo baby.

Ironically, the myriad  of "god" beliefs of humanity are proving to be more dangerous than us learning that we are on our own, making the way we treat each other far more important

meAgain

Use to live in Philly.  Delasandro's was right up there with Pat's.  Though, I never could understand the cheese whiz thing -- give me real cheese!  

Shnozzola

I just like that pats posts a video of the process.  Seems the place you like, Delasandro's, or Gino's - many places - do cheesesteaks the same.  I've had amish farmers markets that taste the same.  So, do you use provolone cheese?

meAgain

Quote from: Shnozzola on May 29, 2022, 03:18:54 PMI just like that pats posts a video of the process.  Seems the place you like, Delasandro's, or Gino's - many places - do cheesesteaks the same.  I've had amish farmers markets that taste the same.  So, do you use provolone cheese?
Provolone.  Cheez Whiz is fake and even American cheese is a bit fake tasting to me (though it does melt well).  But if I'm being perfectly honest, I don't think the Philly Cheese steak holds a candle to a good Chicago Italian Beef sandwich (no cheese on it -- it doesn't need it)

Shnozzola

That Chicago sandwich sounds good, but i would still add cheese, not able to help myself.  But it has giardiniera, which I have used making muffalata sandwiches,  also ggggrrrRRREEEAAATTT!

https://www.food.com/recipe/chicago-italian-beef-30484

meAgain

Oh, yeah -- gotta have the giardineira!

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

Steak and butter

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

Quote"Do this. Get a tomato. Not just any tomato. A Slocomb, Alabama, tomato. Make sure the tomato is firecracker-red and softer than the hindcheeks of a 2-month-old. Find a serrated knife. Cut said tomato into thick slices about the width of the unabridged edition of "Shogun."

Tomatoes from Geneva County, Alabama, are different from common varieties. They are superior tomatoes.

In fact, top archaeology scholars at Columbia University now believe that the original Garden of Eden was located just north of Highway 52 in Geneva County. And most experts agree that the forbidden fruit consumed by Adam and Eve was originally purchased from the Hendrix Farm Produce tomato stand."

https://seandietrich.com/

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

none

does he shop at Walmart?

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

Shnozzola

Maria-Juana

||raisehand||
I love to cook!

Yesterday, I made shrimp soup. It was delicious.

—It's been cold and rainy in LA.  ||cold||
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Kiahanie

I hear tell you had some snow. When I was in LA  a the nearest snow was in the San Gabriels every few years.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

Maria-Juana

Quote from: Kiahanie on February 27, 2023, 04:48:12 PMI hear tell you had some snow. When I was in LA  a the nearest snow was in the San Gabriels every few years.
It has been very cold. We've had dark clouds, rain, hail, snow, high winds, etc. The San Gabriel mountains are covered with snow, —that doesn't happen a lot.

Snow blankets Los Angeles area in a rare heavy storm
QuoteLOS ANGELES — A powerful winter storm that swept down the West Coast with flooding and frigid temperatures shifted its focus to southern California on Saturday, swelling rivers to dangerous levels and dropping snow in even low-lying areas around Los Angeles.

The National Weather Service said it was one of the strongest storms to ever hit southwest California and even as the volume of wind and rain dropped, it continued to have a significant impact including snowfall down to elevations as low as 1,000 feet (305 meters). Hills around suburban Santa Clarita, north of Los Angeles, were blanketed in white, and snow also surprised inland suburbs to the east.
Rare blizzard warnings for the mountains and widespread flood watches were ending late in the day as the storm tapered off in the region. Forecasters said there would be a one-day respite before the next storm arrives on Monday.
After days of fierce winds, toppled trees, and downed wires, more than 120,000 California utility customers remained without electricity, according to PowerOutage.us. And Interstate 5, the West Coast's major north-south highway, remained closed due to heavy snow and ice in Tejon Pass through the mountains north of Los Angeles.
https://www.npr.org/2023/02/25/1159560284/a-major-winter-storm-has-prompted-blizzard-and-flood-warnings-across-california#:~:text=LOS%20ANGELES%20%E2%80%94%20A%20powerful%20winter,lying%20areas%20around%20Los%20Angeles.
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder