News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Religion / Re: What is a Christian
Last post by 8livesleft - September 18, 2022, 02:48:27 AM
Quote belief in the infallibility of the Bible

If only infallibility applied to the interpretations as well...
Last post by Shnozzola - September 18, 2022, 01:05:24 AM
Well let's see.  We have Catholics, protestants, anabaptists, messianic jews, Mormons, Jehovah's witnesses, Methodists, Episcopalians,  evangelicals,  independents, Christian scientists, Calvinists, and on and on. All would consider themselves true Christians I would guess.

I'm thinking the belief in a type of "creed" that is repeated by a denomination, stating the beliefs in what an individual group would consider correct interpretation of truth, would be their definition of what it is to be a Christian.

I guess the belief in biblical truth would be mandatory for many.  A belief in Jesus's resurrection would be mandatory for many.  A belief in a Supreme being would be mandatory for many.  A belief in the teachings of Jesus would be mandatory for many.

Thinking some people that leave out parts of other's beliefs would still consider themselves Christians while others wouldn't,  an example being the belief in the infallibility of the Bible.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_infallibility
Last post by 8livesleft - September 18, 2022, 01:04:19 AM
Someone who is a member of a group that follows some particular biblical interpretation of what Jesus did and wants them to do for some reason or another. 
Religion / Re: Which Leader has God Chose...
Last post by 8livesleft - September 18, 2022, 01:01:06 AM
Quote from: Jstwebbrowsing on September 17, 2022, 06:01:59 PM
Quote from: 8livesleft on September 17, 2022, 05:33:59 AMI'm sure Putin has the support of the church authorities over there.

People will say all sorts of things to attain and retain power.

It's got nothing to do with facts.
But do they really believe it themselves, or is it just pure manipulation?  Does the Russian Church really believe Putin is doing God's work or are they afraid to stand against him?  I know you can't read their minds but if you were to take a guess, what would you say?

I would think that some truly believe and that some are just following along half-heartedly. 

As to what the percentage is, I don't know. 

But, I think it's like that everywhere. 
Religion / What is a Christian
Last post by Jstwebbrowsing - September 17, 2022, 09:09:30 PM
There's often a lot of talk about "True Christians".  I want to leave off the adjective and just ask, "What is a Christian?".  

What is your opinion?

Last post by none - September 17, 2022, 06:45:15 PM
Quote from: Jstwebbrowsing on September 17, 2022, 06:04:16 PM
Quote from: none on September 17, 2022, 07:17:21 AMyeah, don't think ANY "clergy" supported that... notta one..
After seeing that video, there probably was.
i guess it would be MORE truthful it it were written in old englich...
Last post by Jstwebbrowsing - September 17, 2022, 06:04:16 PM
Quote from: none on September 17, 2022, 07:17:21 AMyeah, don't think ANY "clergy" supported that... notta one..
After seeing that video, there probably was.
Last post by Jstwebbrowsing - September 17, 2022, 06:01:59 PM
Quote from: 8livesleft on September 17, 2022, 05:33:59 AMI'm sure Putin has the support of the church authorities over there.

People will say all sorts of things to attain and retain power.

It's got nothing to do with facts.
But do they really believe it themselves, or is it just pure manipulation?  Does the Russian Church really believe Putin is doing God's work or are they afraid to stand against him?  I know you can't read their minds but if you were to take a guess, what would you say?
Last post by Jstwebbrowsing - September 17, 2022, 05:56:25 PM
Quote from: kevin on September 17, 2022, 03:51:05 AMlike this, jst

Well, okay.

"First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be made concerning all sorts of men, [color=var(--du-color--blue-500,#4a6da7)]concerning kings and all those who are in high positions,+ so that we may go on leading a calm and quiet life with complete godly devotion and seriousness.+ [color=var(--du-color--blue-500,#4a6da7)][/color]This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God,+ [color=var(--du-color--blue-500,#4a6da7)][/color]whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved+ and come to an accurate knowledge of truth." (1 Tim 2:1-5)[/font][/size][/color]

In your opinion, is this what those leaders were doing?  Anyone?
Last post by none - September 17, 2022, 09:07:37 AM
Quote from: 8livesleft on September 17, 2022, 08:51:28 AM

Putin? Ya they do.
it was directed at Jstwebbrowsin