News:

IGI has a Facebook group!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Religion / Re: Un-Reasonable Faith with W...
Last post by 8livesleft - Today at 12:39:53 AM
Quote from: Jstwebbrowsing on Yesterday at 11:24:24 PMThat scripture is a reflection of Christ's embrace of sinners and the socially marginal.

Also, in reference to your last reply, Paul was also familiar with the scriptures.  These were the source of Jesus' teachings.  Paul used the scriptures.  So, I think the proper framework is at least the Hebrew scriptures and the gospels.  I think the proper question is did Paul teach what was "bad in the eyes of Jehovah", based on the scriptures? 

So, in the least, Paul had first-hand reports and knowledge of the scriptures.  Why wouldn't he be qualified to teach?

So long as it's being taught in the same spirit as what the original founder wanted then there's no issue. 

However, what Kiahanie and others have mentioned is that there appears to have been a major shift in the type of message and church being presented by Paul compared to what the original church of jesus was presenting. 

Religion / Re: Which comes first: the Bib...
Last post by 8livesleft - Today at 12:34:53 AM
Quote from: Jstwebbrowsing on Yesterday at 11:35:22 PMFor each verse you can click and bring up the commentaries.

https://biblehub.com/commentaries/exodus/3-15.htm

Every major sectoral interpretation is represented here?
Last post by Jstwebbrowsing - Yesterday at 11:35:22 PM
For each verse you can click and bring up the commentaries.

https://biblehub.com/commentaries/exodus/3-15.htm
Religion / Re: Un-Reasonable Faith with W...
Last post by Jstwebbrowsing - Yesterday at 11:24:24 PM
That scripture is a reflection of Christ's embrace of sinners and the socially marginal.

Also, in reference to your last reply, Paul was also familiar with the scriptures.  These were the source of Jesus' teachings.  Paul used the scriptures.  So, I think the proper framework is at least the Hebrew scriptures and the gospels.  I think the proper question is did Paul teach what was "bad in the eyes of Jehovah", based on the scriptures?  

So, in the least, Paul had first-hand reports and knowledge of the scriptures.  Why wouldn't he be qualified to teach?
Last post by 8livesleft - Yesterday at 10:34:50 PM
Quote from: Jstwebbrowsing on Yesterday at 06:46:46 PMThis one contains both.  The biggest difference is the sentence structure.  Here's what I mean:  https://biblehub.com/interlinear/exodus/3-15.htm

What I like about it is that is shows the original word right above the translation.  Each word is also linked to Strong's concordance so you can just click and go to the definition off each word.

Thanks man! I'll check it out.

Maybe this can be set as a resource here or something and later we can add something similar for the other religions.
Entertainment / Re: What Music Are You Listeni...
Last post by kevin - Yesterday at 08:49:02 PM
Last post by Jstwebbrowsing - Yesterday at 06:46:46 PM
This one contains both.  The biggest difference is the sentence structure.  Here's what I mean:  https://biblehub.com/interlinear/exodus/3-15.htm

What I like about it is that is shows the original word right above the translation.  Each word is also linked to Strong's concordance so you can just click and go to the definition off each word. 
Religion / Re: El Shaddai (the song by Am...
Last post by kevin - Yesterday at 06:08:33 PM
To the outcast on her knees,
you were the God who really sees.

hagar and ishmael
Last post by Dexter - Yesterday at 05:23:08 PM
Sort of. It is imagery. There were times when Israel did not tow the line.
Last post by Kiahanie - Yesterday at 05:21:19 PM
Quote from: Dexter on Yesterday at 10:56:34 AM@Mark
To the outcast on her knees,
you were the God who really sees.

I think this is imagery referring to the people of Israel

Yeah? Yahweh is like "On your knees, b***h!" ?????