News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

Returning after a very long hiatus

Started by Woodrow LI, September 27, 2016, 03:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodrow LI

Since I last been here, we have moved from the Big city of Marion, ND to the Boondocks of Western Minnesota.

2 Short videos to show what I been up to.

Our new neighborhood.

What I been doing, I am the tallest one in the video

Kiahanie

Woodrow! !

Welcome back. Been missing your calm voice.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

SkunkButt

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong. 

Dennis Miller

Emily

bad actor

Welcome back! I'm a long time reader of the forum, but have only been posting for about a year....I think.

Good to see you are well. ||smiley||
Maybe the day had a s**tty you.

Meat

"Brilliant Meat!" +1 (composer)
"Amen Meat." (Former Believer)
"Like Meat said." (Francis)
"Not brilliant, Meat!" — Villanelle
"Damned right Meat." -Kusa
 "You call this comment censorship Meatless?" (Boobs)

Dexter

I begin today by acknowledging the Ngarluma people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work and live, and pay my respects to their Elders past and present. I extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.

Tom

Welcome back

I did enjoy your videos and assume that the block in which you live is fairly large because of the time that it took to drive around it.  At a guess some where between 2 - 4 miles on each leg of the journey.

Now are you still flying or has that need diminished?

Shalom

Tom

Woodrow LI

It is great to see all of you again. We began looking for a farm with some acerage  over a year ago. Fell in love with oe in Texas. Onlie it looked ideal. But in real life it turned out the seller did a bit of "exaggeration".  Then we found one in Canada.  Not far from Winipeg. Looked great but at the last minute the seller decided not to sell. We found this place in May.  did a little negotiating and finally closed the sale on July1. It has some problems such as we had to have a phone line installed and DSL for internet. Broadband not available unless I want to pay for a 100 mile line to Minneapolis. House is livable though here is a link to my facebook page and my photo album about the farm  https://www.facebook.com/AbdullahMuhammadx2/media_set?set=a.10207088056894608.1073741832.1076676951&type=3

Woodrow LI

Quote from: Tom on September 28, 2016, 01:22:06 AM
Welcome back

I did enjoy your videos and assume that the block in which you live is fairly large because of the time that it took to drive around it.  At a guess some where between 2 - 4 miles on each leg of the journey.

Now are you still flying or has that need diminished?

Shalom

Tom

The Township is divided into 2 mi x 2 mi blocks with a maximum of one house on each. Very few have a house on them.  we were fortunate to find a 15 acre homestead deeded out from one of the blocks.

Still have the flying bug. Notice several of the neighbors have planes and land and take off on the road.  Still trying to convince the wife we need a plane. 

To give you some idea as to how much traffic there is on the roads. Saturday we went to town and when we got back I stopped to check the mail box. didn't notices I had my glasses on my lap and they fell out when I checked the mail.. Today (Tuesday) I found the glasses in the center of the road.  Unharmed, nothing ran over them.

Woodrow LI

Airyaman

Glad to see you are still among us (the living). Since you are a Muslim, I must hate you as an American Atheist. Or American Christian. Or even American Jew. Perhaps even as an American Buddhist. Not sure how the Wiccans feel.

It seems "American" is now anti-Islam.

But that is a lie.

Seriously, as one human to the next, welcome back.

Please take a moment to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Atlanta, and Sweden.

Woodrow LI

Quote from: SkunkButt on September 27, 2016, 07:51:47 PM
Welcome back my friend  ||grin||

Hello my B&W Friend good to see you again. Hope you still have your scent of humor.

Woodrow LI

Quote from: Airyaman on September 28, 2016, 02:03:14 AM
Glad to see you are still among us (the living). Since you are a Muslim, I must hate you as an American Atheist. Or American Christian. Or even American Jew. Perhaps even as an American Buddhist. Not sure how the Wiccans feel.

It seems "American" is now anti-Islam.

But that is a lie.

Seriously, as one human to the next, welcome back.

Thank you Airy.  One nice thing about rural life. People are more interested in getting permission to hunt on your land than poking into your religious beliefs.

kevin

lol

we have a coon hunterthat loves our place, and my neighbor culls the whitetails

good to hear from you, woodrow
may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

Woodrow LI

Quote from: kevin on September 28, 2016, 10:13:15 AM
lol

we have a coon hunterthat loves our place, and my neighbor culls the whitetails

good to hear from you, woodrow

So far we have given one person permission to Bow-hunt on our property. He will probably be the only person we will give permission to, for several reasons. The main one being I feel 15 acres is much too small an area for more than one hunter. The other reason is because we discovered he has lived in this area his entire life and has had a deer stand on this piece of property for over 70 years.   He only hunts deer and is not a trophy hunter, just hunts to put meat in his freezer.  Also turns out  the previous owners were related to him. I do not want to disrupt what was part of a man's life for many years.

Jamestr

Woodrow, I've just returned after a long hiatus myself--several years--and saw this post. You always seemed like one of the gentlest souls on this forum. Very nice to hear from you--and to learn that you have settled in my state. I seem to recall you were considering a move to Minnesota once several years ago.

Anyway, greetings! and stay warm, my friend!

Dexter

I begin today by acknowledging the Ngarluma people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work and live, and pay my respects to their Elders past and present. I extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.

Jamestr

Hemingway

Welcome back Woodrow!  ||welcome||

I've already high fived James on another thread.
"Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken"