News:

IGI has a myspace page.  Please add us if you're a myspace fiend!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Politics / Re: Failing church membership
Last post by maritime - Today at 04:17:04 PM
^"That was easy."

So obvious. You would think there'd be horns and a tail too. Must be under the hat.
Entertainment / Re: What Music Are You Listeni...
Last post by Dexter - Today at 12:24:28 PM
Last post by kevin - Today at 10:41:01 AM

and tbey shall wear the mark of tbe beast upon their foreheads
Religion / Re: Faith and Works
Last post by kevin - Today at 10:36:16 AM
Quote from: Francis on Today at 06:50:00 AM
Quote from: Novice on Today at 03:10:45 AM
Quote from: Francis on Yesterday at 04:38:22 PMIt is the deliberate killing of INNOCENT people... innocent human beings... innocent human life... made in the image of God... that I think is an objective moral wrong... regardless of what anyone... including the Nazis believes otherwise.
Except perhaps God of Bible. He did not have any problems drowning innocent babies in the flood.

Novice, we've been over this before.  Look at posts #129 and #162 and #163 in the thread "Nonbeliever Challenge".

I also had an in-depth discussion on this topic in post #64 on page 3 of the thread: "Bill Maher's most brilliant commentary on the Christian God".  I know there were other such in-depth discussions.

If you're smarter than God (which you appear to think you are), then tell us how you... if you were God... solve the problem of having only  8 people being able to care for millions of babies if the guilty Parents were killed in the flood?

It is a logical impossibility for 8 people to care for and feed millions of little babies.

And who's fault is it that the parents died and who's fault was it when all those millions of babies were put in danger of being drowned?  The parents.  The parents are clearly not only guilty for all the perversions and wickedness that  they continually committed day and night... but they were also clearly guilty of deliberately and willfully putting their babies in danger by not heeding the 100 years of warning that God gave the people.

The parents and people were obviously more interested in selfishly feeding their perversions and wickedness and doing evil day and night than they were in feeding and caring for and protecting their own children after they were warned for 100 years about what was coming.

The parents were clearly guilty of child endangerment by not protecting their children when they could have simply took heed of God's warning and got on the Ark before the flood.  They didn't even bother to ask to get on the Ark before the flood came.

Secondly... the babies... because of their innocence and age... were taken from this earth instead of being left on earth to starve to death and be eaten by animals when the guilty perverted parents and people died because of their continual evil day and night.  Is that what you wanted to happen to the babies? To starve and be eaten by wild animals?

Thirdly... What if the parents weren't killed as a judgment because of their incredible and continual and constant evil and perversions day and night?  What do you think would happen to those babies when they grew up in that kind of family and environment?

We know what would happen... or what is most likely to have happened by looking at today's world.  When you raise a child in a completely dysfunctional and perverted and evil family... and all your friends and neighbors are doing the same perverted evil day and night as your family is... and when the child is being abused continually... the child is going  to grow and follow in their parents path... and thus they would have lost their souls just like their parents lost their soul and all their friends lost their souls and all their neighbors lost their souls.

Fourthly... instead of letting the babies starve to death on earth and be eaten by animals... and instead of allowing the babies to grow and follow the perverted evil of their parents and thus lose their souls along with their evil parents... they were taken from earth as a form of mercy.

Do you remember anything when you were a baby? No.

Now... if you could play God... what would be your solution?  How can you logically feed and take care of millions of babies with only 8  people?

Why aren't you mad and angry and disgusted with the parents who deliberately and willfully put their own children and babies in mortal danger by spitting on God and His warnings?  Why aren't you mad and angry and disgusted with the parents who deliberately and willfully put their own children and babies in mortal danger by selfishly concentrating on doing perverted evil day and night instead of protecting and caring for their babies?

I would be interested in what you come up with.

Quote from: Francis on Yesterday at 04:38:22 PMMy friend and I have tried to be a source of normalcy for him... talking with him... buying groceries for him and his father... taking him places... buying gifts during holidays... and just talking with him and listening to him no matter the time of the day.

That is really nice of you. I wish God (if he exists) shows at least a fraction of that kindness.

God exists, and He did and does show incredible mercy and patience and love and kindness for you and for all human beings... when His Son voluntarily died a horrible death to pay the penalty of your sins so that you can have eternal life, even while you are His enemy.

Every day you live, gives you more opportunity to turn to Him... that is mercy and patience and love.... just like the people in the Noah flood had years and years of warnings and opportunities to turn from their continual perverted wicked evil ways that they practiced day and night instead of protecting their children.

You've been shown mercy just like the people during Noah's day were shown mercy before the flood came... and just like they rejected and ignored God, so you also reject and ignore God. 

You have only yourself to blame if you lose your soul for eternity... just like the people in the flood lost their souls for eternity and have only themselves to blame.

But I love you... and God loves you... and Jesus loves you.  Very much.  I genuinely hope you will have more sense than the doofus people who died in the flood because of their foolishness.

Hope you had a nice thanksgiving day.

francis, im surprised.

all ^^^these arguments appear to be the same ones used to justify abortion.
Religion / Re: Religion and politics and ...
Last post by Francis - Today at 08:13:45 AM
Quote from: Kiahanie on November 23, 2022, 12:35:10 AM
Quote from: Francis on November 22, 2022, 11:02:49 PM
Quote from: Kiahanie on November 22, 2022, 10:22:22 PM
Quote from: Francis on November 22, 2022, 09:54:22 PM
Quote from: Kiahanie on November 22, 2022, 09:35:49 PM
Quote from: Francis on November 22, 2022, 09:26:10 PM
Quote from: Kiahanie on November 22, 2022, 07:50:11 PM
Quote from: Francis on November 16, 2022, 04:46:58 PM
Quote from: kevin on November 15, 2022, 06:02:31 PM....
I say... let the best philosophical and scientific arguments win.

I say f**k the philosophical and the scientific: let the most humane arguments win.
Welcome back, Francis.

I never went away. ....
Secondly, I'm not sure how an atheist can even seriously argue for humaneness and mercy and benevolence when in their worldview, there are no objective morals in which we are duty bound to obey... ....[nope, standard ellipse does not work well here --k]••••

That is a discussion we could have, if you would like to find out how I do it.
But I would rather not argue about how I do it.

Sorry Kiahanie... but if your worldview and opinion and methodology, etc,  can't stand up to constructive criticism, critiques, evaluation, debate, dialogue, self examination and if it can't be rationally defended and discussed, etc,...then it's not worth having or holding... and it's only a reflection and a window into your personal psychology. 
Happy Thanksgiving.

You do not have the capacity to challenge my worldview, Francis. You do not understand it. I am willing to discuss with you while you educate yourself, but not willing to argue with you in your ignorance of my beliefs.
It is a weird feature of the internet that any random dude can demand someone argue with them or suffer the ignominy of psychological insults.

You do not have the capacity to challenge my worldview on Christianity, Kiahanie. You do not understand it.

I have never challenged your worldview Francis. I have Dec and defended my own, but that was never a challenge.
Kinda the same for the rest of your points. I do  not really want to challenge you on any of thise, either.
I do appreciate the simple declarative sentence structure and uncomplicated paragraphs.

You said:  "I say f**k the philosophical and the scientific: let the most humane arguments win".  If that is not a challenge, then I don't know what is.

And If I took the time to use the search function, I'm sure I can come up with more examples of you challenging me and/or others in here about our worldviews and opinions.

Secondly, you can't declare and defend your position without directly challenging a position that contradicts your position.  The Law of non contradiction says that two mutually exclusive or contradictory positions can't both be equally true.  One  position is correct and the other is incorrect... or they are both incorrect.

So every time you state and DEFEND your position as being the correct one... you are saying that any contrary position is wrong because that is what logic leads to

Have a great day

Last post by Francis - Today at 06:50:00 AM
Quote from: Francis on Yesterday at 04:38:22 PMIt is the deliberate killing of INNOCENT people... innocent human beings... innocent human life... made in the image of God... that I think is an objective moral wrong... regardless of what anyone... including the Nazis believes otherwise.
Except perhaps God of Bible. He did not have any problems drowning innocent babies in the flood.

Novice, we've been over this before.  Look at posts #129 and #162 and #163 in the thread "Nonbeliever Challenge".

I also had an in-depth discussion on this topic in post #64 on page 3 of the thread: "Bill Maher's most brilliant commentary on the Christian God".  I know there were other such in-depth discussions.

If you're smarter than God (which you appear to think you are), then tell us how you... if you were God... solve the problem of having only  8 people being able to care for millions of babies if the guilty Parents were killed in the flood?

It is a logical impossibility for 8 people to care for and feed millions of little babies.

And who's fault is it that the parents died and who's fault was it when all those millions of babies were put in danger of being drowned?  The parents.  The parents are clearly not only guilty for all the perversions and wickedness that  they continually committed day and night... but they were also clearly guilty of deliberately and willfully putting their babies in danger by not heeding the 100 years of warning that God gave the people.

The parents and people were obviously more interested in selfishly feeding their perversions and wickedness and doing evil day and night than they were in feeding and caring for and protecting their own children after they were warned for 100 years about what was coming.

The parents were clearly guilty of child endangerment by not protecting their children when they could have simply took heed of God's warning and got on the Ark before the flood.  They didn't even bother to ask to get on the Ark before the flood came.

Secondly... the babies... because of their innocence and age... were taken from this earth instead of being left on earth to starve to death and be eaten by animals when the guilty perverted parents and people died because of their continual evil day and night.  Is that what you wanted to happen to the babies? To starve and be eaten by wild animals?

Thirdly... What if the parents weren't killed as a judgment because of their incredible and continual and constant evil and perversions day and night?  What do you think would happen to those babies when they grew up in that kind of family and environment?

We know what would happen... or what is most likely to have happened by looking at today's world.  When you raise a child in a completely dysfunctional and perverted and evil family... and all your friends and neighbors are doing the same perverted evil day and night as your family is... and when the child is being abused continually... the child is going  to grow and follow in their parents path... and thus they would have lost their souls just like their parents lost their soul and all their friends lost their souls and all their neighbors lost their souls.

Fourthly... instead of letting the babies starve to death on earth and be eaten by animals... and instead of allowing the babies to grow and follow the perverted evil of their parents and thus lose their souls along with their evil parents... they were taken from earth as a form of mercy.

Do you remember anything when you were a baby? No.

Now... if you could play God... what would be your solution?  How can you logically feed and take care of millions of babies with only 8  people?

Why aren't you mad and angry and disgusted with the parents who deliberately and willfully put their own children and babies in mortal danger by spitting on God and His warnings?  Why aren't you mad and angry and disgusted with the parents who deliberately and willfully put their own children and babies in mortal danger by selfishly concentrating on doing perverted evil day and night instead of protecting and caring for their babies?

I would be interested in what you come up with.

Quote from: Francis on Yesterday at 04:38:22 PMMy friend and I have tried to be a source of normalcy for him... talking with him... buying groceries for him and his father... taking him places... buying gifts during holidays... and just talking with him and listening to him no matter the time of the day.

That is really nice of you. I wish God (if he exists) shows at least a fraction of that kindness.

God exists, and He did and does show incredible mercy and patience and love and kindness for you and for all human beings... when His Son voluntarily died a horrible death to pay the penalty of your sins so that you can have eternal life, even while you are His enemy.

Every day you live, gives you more opportunity to turn to Him... that is mercy and patience and love.... just like the people in the Noah flood had years and years of warnings and opportunities to turn from their continual perverted wicked evil ways that they practiced day and night instead of protecting their children.

You've been shown mercy just like the people during Noah's day were shown mercy before the flood came... and just like they rejected and ignored God, so you also reject and ignore God. 

You have only yourself to blame if you lose your soul for eternity... just like the people in the flood lost their souls for eternity and have only themselves to blame.

But I love you... and God loves you... and Jesus loves you.  Very much.  I genuinely hope you will have more sense than the doofus people who died in the flood because of their foolishness.

Hope you had a nice thanksgiving day.
Last post by GratefulApe - Today at 06:33:39 AM
Quote from: Dexter on Yesterday at 01:02:12 PMnot my words
QuoteIn the modern world information moves through a two step flow where a headline can energize opinion leaders who can cite the comment to their followers. Think of all the befuddled dimwits who think the Sandy Hook children did not die, that 1/6 was a false flag, that 9/11 was pulled off by the CIA, and that armed IRS agents are coming for your guns. There are a lot of people who demand a boot on their neck and provide the owner of that boot a direct wire into their brains, and they exist around the world, not just in the United States. In their own minds they are rogue intellectuals who do research, but in reality they sit waiting for the next bit of alternate news to keep the boot firmly in place.

As far as I can tell the quote is saying that alternative opinions are asking for a boot on their neck. Also I think Dexter knows more about conspiracy theories than I do.
Last post by Francis - Today at 06:31:45 AM

Last post by maritime - Today at 06:18:46 AM
Curious to understand the stance, "There are a lot of people who demand a boot on their neck". As GratefulApe noted, the posted statement asks one to "Think of all the befuddled dimwits" that are waiting for "alternate" news, that think of themselves as rogue intellectuals but are (in fact) blind followers.

Unfortunately, having a boot on your neck has connotations--not good.
Could it be they will have a boot on their neck soon and very soon given the nature of the beast?
Entertainment / Re: What Music Are You Listeni...
Last post by maritime - Today at 05:56:39 AM