News:

IGI has a myspace page.  Please add us if you're a myspace fiend!

Main Menu

Country Music

Started by Dexter, January 11, 2009, 12:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Servant of God

Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible ~ Corrie Ten Boom

sky

My username is sky and my password is #####
-its yours if you want it.

Dexter

Tammy Wynette Unwed Fathers

A John Prine classic!!!
I begin today by acknowledging the Ngarluma people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work and live, and pay my respects to their Elders past and present. I extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.

Dexter

Bonnie Raitt - Angel from Montgomery (live)

I begin today by acknowledging the Ngarluma people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work and live, and pay my respects to their Elders past and present. I extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.

sky

Merle Haggard - Mama Tried

Son of Man

"Our old forum is dead we should bring a newborn one to life."  
Steve Ox, GLF Forum, July 28, 2008

Dexter

sky

+1 to you too, Dexter.

I have great memories of these songs.

sky

Plus, I'm learning more...is that a good thing?

Servant of God

Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible ~ Corrie Ten Boom

sky

High On A Mountian Top Loretta Lynn

Servant of God

sky

sky

My step father used to play the guitar and sing this very well.

Merle Haggard-Silver Wings

Dexter

Assyriankey

Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

Servant of God

sky

Quote from: sky on September 07, 2009, 05:39:21 AM

My step father used to play the guitar and sing this very well.

Merle Haggard-Silver Wings

Quote from: Dexter on September 07, 2009, 01:33:16 PM
nice one^^^^^

That Merle Haggard, I could have posted on the thread of songs I sing and know all the words too.

This one too, but my step father sung both of them more than I ever did or do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oQJpM05UzE&feature=related

Jerry Reed - "In The Pines" & "Muddy Water"

In the pines Leuvin Brothers is the version we always sang. It's an Appalachian folk song from 1870. Also known as Where Did You Sleep Last Night, and Black Girl. It's interesting if you google it. Bob Dylan did a version too.

Servant of God

sky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMko5LelBdA&feature=related

My heros have always been Cowboys.
Willie Nelson.

sky

sky

Any Day Now-Ronnie Milsap

Servant of God

Assyriankey

Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

sky

sky

Charley Pride Kiss An Angel Good Morning

thanks Papa.

Dexter

^^^^ Great Song Sky ^^^

This one is very, very sad

Wolverines - 65 Roses

sky

That is a very sad song. I've heard it before, I can't remember someone I know had a sister with that affliction.

Dexter

I must be feeling melancholy

john prine...hello in there..

Servant of God