News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

Christian Doctrine - Pop Quiz.

Started by eyeshaveit, August 23, 2016, 10:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

composer

Quote from: eyeshaveit on June 14, 2017, 05:27:34 AM
Are Christians better than non-Christians ?
||think||

Meanwhile Posts like yours & Co. demonstrate there are only imaginary-human devised Supernatural God(s)

&

Story book God is solely responsible for having Created evil!

Story book proofs -

Col. 1:16 & John 1:3

QED

||popcorn||
Your alleged gods are very bad god persons, I am offering them the chance to become good god persons for the very first time, but only after they admit they are bad god persons and want to try again.

bad actor

^^^^^ Here is one of Composers posts that some of the Christians on here will dismiss as "drivel"... but is it?

From eyeshaveits "spoiler" in reply # 479:

Quote from: eyeshaveit on June 14, 2017, 05:27:34 AM

No - at our very best, we are all sinners.

"Do you think that you deserve forgiveness? If you do, you are not a Christian." - Martyn Lloyd-Jones.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." - Ephesians 2.

The  whole concept of a deity that is supposedly just perfect in every way creating these creatures that aren't perfect, and then expecting perfection from them is ridiculous.

What is even more ridiculous is the idea that they should be punished for being created imperfectly and need to be saved. Saved from what? Oh, the very thing that created them.

Then the very thing that created them couldn't save them unless it's "only begotten son" died first!

Quote from: composer on June 14, 2017, 08:03:28 AM

Story book proofs -

QED

||popcorn||

Here, Mr. Composer drives the point home by pointing out that Your God is the one who allowed "sin" and "evil" to exist in the first place.

If he wanted a universe and creatures without sin... Then why the hell didn't he create it that way? Surely you have heard of the problem of evil?

QuoteThe problem of evil refers to the question of how to reconcile the existence of evil with an omnibenevolent, omniscient, and omnipotent God (see theism).[1][2] An argument from evil attempts to show that the co-existence of evil and such a God is unlikely or impossible. Attempts to show the contrary have traditionally been discussed under the heading of theodicy. Besides philosophy of religion, the problem of evil is also important to the field of theology and ethics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil

Composer takes a little time out of his day everyday to come here and help you.... And you guys insult him. You should be thanking him for his very patient and genuinely loving supervision!!!!  ||grin||

Maybe the day had a s**tty you.

eyeshaveit

Jesus Christ died so you could have access to God.

eyeshaveit

A new study by Faithlife, of the 100 Bible verses cited most frequently in systematic theology books, suggests what Bible verse as the most popular ?

Spoiler

"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth."  - John 1:14 -

The study revealed that John 1:14 was referenced the most times.
[close]

eyeshaveit

Why do bad things happen to good people ?

Answer found in this short video:

composer

||think||

Meanwhile -

Story book proofs -

Your trying to deflect/dodge that, to your speculating/moving the goalpost away from that, instead  ||spineyes||  ||spineyes|| offering an irrelevancy of suggesting ' why bad things happen to good people '  ||spineyes||  ||spineyes||

||popcorn||
Your alleged gods are very bad god persons, I am offering them the chance to become good god persons for the very first time, but only after they admit they are bad god persons and want to try again.

eyeshaveit

Explain Saint Augustine's four states of man in relation to sin ? 

Spoiler

1 - Able to sin, able not to sin - Man (Adam) before the fall.

2 - Not able not to sin - Natural man after the fall.

3 - Able not to sin - The state of regenerate man.

4 - Unable to sin - The state of glorified man.
[close]

eyeshaveit

How many times does the number "7" appear in the Holy Bible's Book of Revelation ?

18 times ?
36 times ?
54 times ?
72 times ?

Spoiler

54 times:

7  Angels.
7 Bowls.
7 Eyes
7 Horns.
7 Lamps.
7 Plagues.
7 Seals.
7 Spirits.
7 Stars.
7 Thunders
Etc.
[close]

composer

||think||

Meanwhile Posts like yours & Co. demonstrate there are only imaginary-human devised Supernatural God(s)

&

Story book proofs -

QED

||popcorn||

eyeshaveit

"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God" - Exodus 20.

The word "holy", as related to keeping the Sabbath holy, occurs about what percent of the times in the Holy Bible ?

5% of the time ?
10% of the time ?
20% of the time ?
30% of the time ?

Spoiler

More than 30% of the time.
[close]

eyeshaveit

What three aspects are essential for 'Christian' true faith ?

Spoiler

n?titia - notice, knowledge.
ass?nsus - assented to, belief.
fiducia - trust, faith.

1 - Knowledge of what we believe.
2 - Belief that God's word is true.
3 - Confidence and trust in Jesus Christ as revealed in the Bible/Gospel.
[close]

eyeshaveit

What are 'appeals to selective evidence' ?

Spoiler

"Cherry picking, suppressing evidence, or the fallacy of incomplete evidence is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position." - Wikipedia.

One example is 'name-it-and-claim-it' preaching, which cites Bible verses; certain ones that promise answers to prayer for 'whatever you ask'. These preachers might quote John 14:13?14 - ?Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.?

Of course the Bible also stresses the need for faith when you pray: Hebrews 11:6; James 1:6; etc. But these preachers sustain their name-it-and-claim-it method through continued selective use of evidence.
[close]

composer

||think||

&

Story book proofs -

QED

||popcorn||

eyeshaveit

"I, John, your brother and partner in the tribulation and the kingdom and the patient endurance that are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos on account of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus." - Revelation 1.

Explain what banishment involved in the first century Roman Empire ?

Spoiler

Civil banishment:
1 - Loss of freedom to travel.
2 - Loss of civil rights.
3 - Loss of property.

Criminal (Christian) banishment:
4 - Further sentenced to hard labor. On Patmos, that meant working in the quarries.
[close]

composer

||think||

&

Story book proofs -

QED

||popcorn||

eyeshaveit

What are some important non-Christian worldviews ?

Spoiler

Islam - There is only one God. He has no son. He has revealed His will through the prophet, Muhammad, and his word, the Qur?an.

Moralistic Deism - God wants us to be happy and good and He intervenes in our affairs only when we pray to Him for help.

Naturalism - There is no creator / god. Humans are highly evolved animals. The universe is a closed physical system.

Pantheism - God is the totality of reality; humans, by nature, are thus divine.

Pluralism - All of he world religions are equally valid paths to salvation.

Postmodernism - There are no moral standards or objective truths. 'Reality' is just a human social construction.
[close]

composer

||think||

&

Story book proofs -

QED

||popcorn||

eyeshaveit

Does the Bible tell us what heaven will be like ?

Spoiler

Revelation 21 and 22 lay out a visual image of heaven: streets of gold; no sun; no moon and no stars, all because of light that radiates from God. There?s no death; no pain; no tears; no disease; no sorrow; no sickness; no hatred and no evil. And that?s just a glimpse of things to come.
[close]

composer

Quote from: eyeshaveit on June 24, 2017, 07:03:10 AM

Spoiler

Revelation 21 and 22 lay out a visual image of heaven: streets of gold; no sun; no moon and no stars, all because of light that radiates from God. There?s no death; no pain; no tears; no disease; no sorrow; no sickness; no hatred and no evil. And that?s just a glimpse of things to come.
[close]
||think||

This human devised Story book place was full of hatred & a War with the God that created evil (Col. 1:16 & John 1:3)

||popcorn||

eyeshaveit

Why do we need Jesus Christ anyway ?

Spoiler

God is altogether holy and perfectly just. God has declared that He is going to judge the world and hold us accountable for our lives. God requires from us a life of perfect obedience and of perfect justness. So, if you have lived a 'perfect' life of perfect justness and obedience, then you don?t need Jesus Christ. Only unjust people need a Savior.
[close]

bad actor

MY BOLD:

Streets of Gold? Why do we need streets in heaven? Gold is not an optimum material for a street, no traction.

||facepalm2|| ||collapse||

eyeshaveit

Quote from: bad actor on June 25, 2017, 06:33:04 AM

MY BOLD:

Streets of Gold? Why do we need streets in heaven? Gold is not an optimum material for a street, no traction.

||facepalm2|| ||collapse||

Bejeweled walls and twelve gates, made each out of a giant pearl, are also described by John.
Are these 'real' or just indications of new ways and things that the human mind can't fully comprehend ? 
Not many of us would want to walk around a garden naked: just imagine the cuts, scratches, bruises, sunburn etc.
But the Garden of Eden was vastly 'different' - so was Adam's body like the resurrected Christ's glorified physical body ?
Most of us can't imagine walking barefoot and at ease or comfortably sitting bare-assed in a natural outdoor garden or forest setting ?       

bad actor

Quote from: eyeshaveit on June 25, 2017, 07:10:27 AM

Bejeweled walls and twelve gates, made each out of a giant pearl, are also described by John.
Are these 'real' or just indications of new ways and things that the human mind can't fully comprehend ? 

Sure, it could be that. After all.. Why would you need roads in heaven, right? I mean, we get wings, don't we?  ||smiley||

eyehaveit thinks to himself "What do you mean 'we' you godless libtard?" ||wink||

eyeshaveit

What are the three different appearances (Greek = to appear) of Jesus Christ mentioned in Hebrews 9 ?

Spoiler

1 - Past - Christ appeared and put away sin through his sacrifice - Hebrews. 9:11, 26.

2 - Present - Christ now appears, as our advocate, in the presence of God. -  Hebrews 9:24.

3 - Future - Christ will appear to save believers who wait and keep watch for him. - Hebrews  9:28.
[close]

composer

Quote from: eyeshaveit on June 26, 2017, 07:20:09 AM
What are the three different appearances (Greek = to appear) of Jesus Christ mentioned in Hebrews 9 ?

1 - Past - Christ appeared and put away sin through his sacrifice - Hebrews. 9:11, 26.
||think||
Deut. 24:16, Ezek. 18:20 & Jer. 31:30 disagree!

&

IF sin was put away, there would be no more sin but Cults like yours tell us sin still abounds & prevailed!

&

If Story book jebus really sacrificed itself, then it wouldn't have been raised & rewarded = no sacrifice at all, especially considering it gained more than it had before!

2 - Present - Christ now appears, as our advocate, in the presence of God. -  Hebrews 9:24.
||think||

Only in Story book land!

3 - Future - Christ will appear to save believers who wait and keep watch for him. - Hebrews  9:28.
||think||

Story book again refutes you, there is NO certainty to your assertion according to your Story book -

e.g. - For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion." (Rom. 9:15) ESV Holey Story book

||popcorn||

eyeshaveit

Quote from: bad actor on June 25, 2017, 02:52:10 PM
Quote from: eyeshaveit on June 25, 2017, 07:10:27 AM

Sure, it could be that. After all.. Why would you need roads in heaven, right? I mean, we get wings, don't we?  ||smiley||

The promise for believers is for a resurrected, 'glorified' physical body: all of our touchy, feely senses and more. Tim Keller, a prominent reformed theologian, says, 'that there will be a banks in New Jerusalem'. That sounds like a stretch to me, but the point is that the resurrection will be physical; no wings.

bad actor

Quote from: eyeshaveit on June 26, 2017, 08:22:36 AM

The promise for believers is for a resurrected, 'glorified' physical body: all of our touchy, feely senses and more.

I have a friend that I've known since high school who is one of those people that is just so kind and giving that it blows my mind. She's an atheist, but she married a Christian guy that she met while volunteering for one of the many causes that she supports. She donates a lot of time and money to helping homeless people and she's really involved in animal causes all over the world.

When the kids get punished, they usually have to do some kind of community service. She goes and does it with them, whatever it is. She enjoys it.

She organizes groups to clean up litter at various spots around the Seattle area. Always doing something for the community. Plus, you will never, ever, hear her say a bad thing about anybody.

She doesn't believe in God. Does she go to heaven?

If "God" is so hung up on people believing in him, why not remove all doubt? Why the game of hide and seek? Atheists seek Gods and all we get are ancient books that sound like they were written by the people of the time, not some infinitely knowledgeable super being.

QuoteThat sounds like a stretch to me, but the point is that the resurrection will be physical; no wings.

Man, it ALL sounds like a stretch to me. ||smiley||

composer

Quote from: eyeshaveit on June 26, 2017, 08:22:36 AM
The promise for believers is for a resurrected, 'glorified' physical body:. . . .
||think||

You sneakily missed out the important part -

The Holey Story book promise for believers is for a resurrected, 'glorified' physical body:. . . .

||popcorn||

eyeshaveit

Quote from: bad actor on June 26, 2017, 11:41:03 PM

I have a friend that I've known since high school who is one of those people that is just so kind and giving that it blows my mind. She's an atheist, but she married a Christian guy that she met while volunteering for one of the many causes that she supports. She donates a lot of time and money to helping homeless people and she's really involved in animal causes all over the world.

When the kids get punished, they usually have to do some kind of community service. She goes and does it with them, whatever it is. She enjoys it.

She organizes groups to clean up litter at various spots around the Seattle area. Always doing something for the community. Plus, you will never, ever, hear her say a bad thing about anybody.

She doesn't believe in God. Does she go to heaven?

Not my call, but the scriptures plainly say that unbelievers do many generous and fine things, but that there is no one really good except God. One quick example - this morning in my prayers: words were flowing out on each breath taken, but my thoughts were on breakfast, food and coffee; that's not being 'good'. 

If "God" is so hung up on people believing in him, why not remove all doubt? Why the game of hide and seek?

But God plainly says in the scriptures that all people do believe in him ?

Atheists seek Gods and all we get are ancient books that sound like they were written by the people of the time, not some infinitely knowledgeable super being.

If an atheist is on a 'real' journey, one that starts with a lack of belief and understanding, then he ought to concentrate (meditate) on two things: one, on himself and his wonderful mind and body; where did it all come from - and second, who or what is the source of that marvelous 'machinery' encased in flesh and bone ? 

The engineer, the rider on the clouds, my Lord and God, he's always there, moving things along.   

composer

Quote from: eyeshaveit on June 27, 2017, 05:21:09 AM
Not my call, but the scriptures plainly say that unbelievers do many generous and fine things, but that there is no one really good except God. One quick example - this morning in my prayers: words were flowing out on each breath taken, but my thoughts were on breakfast, food and coffee; that's not being 'good'.
||think||

eyeshaveit, my fellow jebus hater! (Proofs - http://isgodimaginary.com/forum/index.php/topic,63220.msg834410.html#msg834410)

That's another reason Story book jebus rejected you! (1 John 3:6) Holey Story book

i.e. because you even admit to focusing on the carnal, just as your true Master wants! (1 John 3:8) Holey Story book

||popcorn||