News:

IGI has a Facebook group!

Main Menu

Christian Doctrine - Pop Quiz.

Started by eyeshaveit, August 23, 2016, 10:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teaspoon Shallow

What is pseudepigrapha and why does it cause problems with bible scholars?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudepigrapha
"If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would.    That's the difference between me and your God." Tracie Harris

eyeshaveit

When did God choose to give mankind eternal life?

Spoiler

God granted mankind 'eternal life' at the world's foundation, down through all eternity:

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him." - Ephesians 1.
[close]
Jesus Christ died so you could have access to God.

Teaspoon Shallow

Quote from: eyeshaveit on March 07, 2017, 07:08:33 AM

Osiris was granting eternal life since time began....apparently.

Yhwh only started what 2000 years ago?
"If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would.    That's the difference between me and your God." Tracie Harris

eyeshaveit

Quote from: Teaspoon Shallow on March 07, 2017, 08:49:34 AM
Quote from: eyeshaveit on March 07, 2017, 07:08:33 AM

Osiris was granting eternal life since time began....apparently.

Yhwh only started what 2000 years ago?

Osiris (WSJR) is a mythological creature/god.

YHWH is the creator of everything seen and unseen (including time).

Teaspoon Shallow

Quote from: eyeshaveit on March 07, 2017, 09:13:39 AM

Osiris revealed himself to his chosen people, the Egyptians. The warmongering and corrupt Roman Christians killed the believers and forced their fabricated blood god onto others.  The Roman Christians perpetuated the propaganda that Osiris is a myth but they will all face Osiris when they die.

You should repent of your sins against Osiris, the god you know in your heart is the one true god.  He gave you life and will one day take it away from you.  You will face him and be held accountable for your many transgressions. All you need to do is open your heart to Osiris and proclaim that Osiris is the one true god to be saved. 

Don't shun the real god you know exists by worshipping man made idols such as Jehovah. Osiris wants to save you and have a relationship with you but you have to have faith in him.   

eyeshaveit

Quote from: Teaspoon Shallow on March 07, 2017, 09:35:14 AM
Quote from: eyeshaveit on March 07, 2017, 09:13:39 AM

Osiris revealed himself to his chosen people, the Egyptians. The warmongering and corrupt Roman Christians killed the believers and forced their fabricated blood god onto others.  The Roman Christians perpetuated the propaganda that Osiris is a myth but they will all face Osiris when they die.

You should repent of your sins against Osiris, the god you now in your heart is the one true god.  He gave you life and will one day take it away from you.  You will face him and be held accountable for your many transgressions. All you need to do is open your heart to Osiris and proclaim that Osiris is the one true god to be saved. 

Don't shun the real god you know exists by worshipping man made idols such as Jehovah. Osiris wants to save you and have a relationship with you but you have to have faith in him.   

Needs polishing - satire is not your strong suit - don't quit your day job. 

Teaspoon Shallow

I note a dismissal but not a counter argument.

eyeshaveit

Quote from: Teaspoon Shallow on March 07, 2017, 11:36:51 AM

Stepping into your Osiris shtick/satire is not to anyone's benefit.   

eyeshaveit

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished." - Matthew 5.

What is this "iota" that Jesus of Nazareth mentioned in the Sermon on the Mount?

Spoiler

The iota (Hebrew yodh) is the smallest letter in the Hebrew alphabet. There are approximately 66,000 yodhs in the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament).
[close]

composer

Quote from: eyeshaveit on March 08, 2017, 07:23:20 AM
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished." - Matthew 5.

What is this "iota" that Jesus of Nazareth mentioned in the Sermon on the Mount?
||think||

This person is a Historical MYTH, and you are defiantly & angrily quoting from your proven Story book founded upon MYTHS! (e.g. Prov. 30:25 & 30)

||popcorn||
Your alleged gods are very bad god persons, I am offering them the chance to become good god persons for the very first time, but only after they admit they are bad god persons and want to try again.

eyeshaveit

"The Lord spoke to Moses, saying, ?Among these the land shall be divided for inheritance according to the number of names. To a large tribe you shall give a large inheritance, and to a small tribe you shall give a small inheritance; every tribe shall be given its inheritance in proportion to its list. But the land shall be divided by lot. According to the names of the tribes of their fathers they shall inherit. Their inheritance shall be divided according to lot between the larger and the smaller.?" - Numbers 26.

The City of Jerusalem was the inheritance, of which of the twelve tribes, when Canaan was divided?

Spoiler

The Tribe of Benjamin - Israel and Rachel's youngest and most favored son, inherited Jerusalem.
[close]

eyeshaveit

What is Docetism?

Spoiler

"Docetism is a doctrine, important in Gnosticism, that Christ's body was not human but either a phantasm or of real but celestial substance, and that therefore his sufferings were only apparent." - Google.

"Docetism - from the Greek ??????/??????? doke?n (to seem) d?k?sis (apparition, phantom)" - Wikipedia.
[close]

eyeshaveit

What is 'schadenfreude' ?

Spoiler

"Schadenfreude is pleasure derived from the misfortune of others. Borrowed from German into English and several other languages, it is a feeling of joy that comes from seeing or hearing about another person's troubles or failures. It is an expression of pleasure or self-satisfaction at another's failure" - Wikipedia.
[close]

eyeshaveit

"Mayday is an emergency procedure word used internationally as a distress signal in voice procedure radio communications." - Wikipedia.

From whence did the word, "mayday" come ?

Spoiler

"A quick check of the OED shows the origin of this English word is French for ?Help me!? The Oxford English Dictionary says it is a phonetic reproduction of the French that has become an international signal of distress. The International Radio Telegraph Convention of 1927 lists 51 Rules, and this is among them. So the word ?mayday? was officially born in 1927 ... The French is wrong. ?Help me!? in French would be ?Aidez-moi!? [not M'aidez] But then ... the International Radio Telegraph Convention was held in Washington, where French was not exactly a second language." - Myth Busters

"The call is always given three times in a row ("Mayday Mayday Mayday") to prevent its being mistaken for some similar-sounding phrase under noisy conditions, and to distinguish an actual Mayday call from a message about a Mayday call" - Wikipedia.
[close]

eyeshaveit

In 1646, what 'Rules and Precepts' were adopted by Harvard College: guidelines that brought God and Theology to the fore, as central to the arts and sciences ?

Spoiler

1 - When any scholar is able to read ex tempore, ? speak and read Latin ? and decline* perfectly, then may he be admitted in to the college ...

2 - Every one shall consider the main end of his life and studies to know God and Jesus Christ which is eternal life.

3 - Seeing the Lord giveth wisdom, every one shall seriously by prayer in secret seek wisdom of Him.

4 - Every one shall so exercise himself in reading the Scriptures twice a day that they be ready to give an account of their proficiency therein, both in theoretical observations of language and logic, and in practical and spiritual truths ...

*"In linguistics, declension is the inflection of nouns, pronouns, adjectives, and articles to indicate number (at least singular and plural), case (nominative or subjective, genitive or possessive, etc.), and gender." - Wikipedia.
[close]

eyeshaveit

" For Christ has entered, not into holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf. Nor was it to offer himself repeatedly, as the high priest enters the holy places every year with blood not his own, for then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him." - Hebrews 9:24-28.

What are these three 'appearances' of Jesus Christ referenced in Hebrews 9 ?

Spoiler

1 - Jesus Christ appeared 2,000 years ago to do away sin through his death and sacrifice on the cross.

2 - Jesus Christ ascended to Heaven and presently appears before God on behalf of believers.

3 - Jesus Christ will appear on earth again to save believers watching and waiting for him.
[close]

eyeshaveit

"This is the genealogy of Jesus the Messiah the son of David, the son of Abraham ... Thus there were fourteen generations in all from Abraham to David, fourteen from David to the exile to Babylon, and fourteen from the exile to the Messiah." - Matthew 1.

What is the significance of the groups of fourteen generations in Matthew's genealogy of Jesus Christ ?

Spoiler

The Hebrew alphabet (no vowels) was used to represent numbers And to first century Jews, King David's name was a most important number of 14: D (4) + V (6) + D (4) = 14.
[close]

eyeshaveit

What are 'miracles' ?

Spoiler

Miracles are God's proof: corroboration authenticating His prophets and 'agents of revelation'.
[close]

Francis

Hello Composer...

I haven't forgotten your post  #322-#324 submitted on March 04 of this year.  I have a lot of things I'm going through.  And on top of that, I've been very busy working on a big production for Easter for our Church.

But what I've done, is go through every sentence of your multi post and I did a lot of research so that I can respond intelligently.  I'm 98% done.  I'm hoping to be done by tomorrow some time... or by the end of this weekend.  Since I'm responding to everything you wrote... my post will be as long as yours since I have to quote every part of your post as I  respond  to each quote and section.

It will be a long post.  Far longer than your 3 page post.  Sorry about that. 

Respectfully

eyeshaveit

"And behold, he shall be born of Mary, at  _________  which is the land of our forefathers, she being a virgin, a precious and chosen vessel, who shall be overshadowed and conceive by the power of the Holy Ghost, and bring forth a son, yea, even the Son of God." - Alma 7:10.

Where does The Book of Mormon say that Jesus was born ?

Spoiler

In Jerusalem; not Bethlehem.
[close]

eyeshaveit

The complete account of God's revelation to man includes: _____, _________, _________, _________, ______.

Fill in the blanks.

Spoiler

The complete account of God's revelation to man includes: origin, necessity, authority, reception, effect.
[close]

eyeshaveit

Where in the Holy Bible does it read, "Man ate of the bread of the angels",

1 - Exodus 11 ?
2 - Numbers 11 ?
3 - Psalm 78 ?
4 - Hebrews 9 ?

Spoiler

"Yet he commanded the skies above and opened the doors of heaven, and he rained down on them manna to eat and gave them the grain of heaven. Man ate of the bread of the angels; he sent them food in abundance." - Psalm 78.
[close]

Teaspoon Shallow

Quote from: eyeshaveit on March 07, 2017, 12:39:35 PM

If an argument is sound, it should not matter who uses it correct?  The apologetic arguments are often heard by a number of different religions.  Kalam Cosmological Argument originates with the Muslim faith but then pushed by some Christians.  Shouldn't that give you reasons to pause and ponder the reason why?   

eyeshaveit

Quote from: Teaspoon Shallow on March 19, 2017, 11:06:10 PM

If an argument is sound, it should not matter who uses it correct?  The apologetic arguments are often heard by a number of different religions.  Kalam Cosmological Argument originates with the Muslim faith but then pushed by some Christians.  Shouldn't that give you reasons to pause and ponder the reason why?

Who and/or what judges the 'soundness' of an argument that might give a Christian pause ?

Are Al-Ghazali?s Kalam Cosmological Argument and Ibn Taymiyya?s Argument the kind of a vigorous example for a Christian to 'ponder' ?

But why bother when a neighborhood Atheist has already struck a fatal blow to Christianity with his 'Ants Weak Christians Weep Lions Retreat Proverbs Neat Yes No My Treat Argument' ? 

Teaspoon Shallow

Quote from: eyeshaveit on March 20, 2017, 05:29:09 AM

Who and/or what judges the 'soundness' of an argument that might give a Christian pause ?
Any who find value in the truth, no matter how unpleasant it might be.  Some prefer to remain comfortably ignorant.
Do you value truth or the comfort of ignorance?

Quote from: eyeshaveit on March 20, 2017, 05:29:09 AMAre Al-Ghazali?s Kalam Cosmological Argument and Ibn Taymiyya?s Argument the kind of a vigorous example for a Christian to 'ponder' ?
If you find an theistic argument convincing but it does not necessarily follow that it is your particular god that it was designed for, is an argument really satisfying?  What is missing that you remain unconvinced and not a believer in their god?

Would you consider answering "If an argument is sound, it should not matter who uses it correct?"

If Allah has revealed the Kalam Cosmological Argument to a muslim, is it honest to plagiarize / hijack / steal that argument for use of the Christian god? 

composer

Quote from: Teaspoon Shallow on March 20, 2017, 06:51:34 AM
Do you value truth or the comfort of ignorance?
||think||

Blundering on still claiming to believe the bible is an accurate - Supernatural God-given/inspired book, is unambiguous proof of manifest ' comfort of ignorance! ' (e.g. MYTHS Prov. 30:25 & 30)

||popcorn||
Your alleged gods are very bad god persons, I am offering them the chance to become good god persons for the very first time, but only after they admit they are bad god persons and want to try again.

eyeshaveit

Quote from: eyeshaveit on March 20, 2017, 05:29:09 AM

Any who find value in the truth, no matter how unpleasant it might be.  Some prefer to remain comfortably ignorant.
Do you value truth?

Yes, highly.

Do you value ... the comfort of ignorance?

Not for myself, but perhaps 'yes indeed' for a world, that knows not God's wrath intertwined in the prayer, "Let your [rule begin] Kingdom come". 

Quote from: eyeshaveit on March 20, 2017, 05:29:09 AMAre Al-Ghazali?s Kalam Cosmological Argument and Ibn Taymiyya?s Argument the kind of a vigorous example for a Christian to 'ponder' ?
If you find an theistic argument convincing but it does not necessarily follow that it is your particular god that it was designed for, is an argument really satisfying?

'Two pulled pork sandwiches and a pot of beer' is a "really satisfying argument" here, but my family physician offers a most "convincing" counterargument.     

What is missing that you remain unconvinced and not a believer in their god?

"For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" - 1 Timothy 2.

Would you consider answering "If an argument is sound, it should not matter who uses it correct?"

See above /\ /\ /\ as you pause and ponder.

If Allah has revealed the Kalam Cosmological Argument to a muslim, is it honest to plagiarize / hijack / steal that argument for use of the Christian god?

That's fearless; most fashionable 'atheist think' at work, mate.

eyeshaveit

'If something can be established as a effect, then a cause is also immediately established; understood and accepted.'
True or False ?

Spoiler

TRUE
[close]

ak.yonathan

Quote from: eyeshaveit on March 20, 2017, 12:11:38 PM
'If something can be established as a effect, then a cause is also immediately established; understood and accepted.'
True or False ?

Spoiler

TRUE
[close]
I wouldn't be so sure about that if I were you. What if there is in fact no causality relation? What evidence do you have that the causality relation will always hold under all circumstances?

Sent from my SM-T331 using Tapatalk

eyeshaveit

Quote from: ak.yonathan on March 20, 2017, 03:47:30 PM
Quote from: eyeshaveit on March 20, 2017, 12:11:38 PM
True or False ?

Spoiler

TRUE
[close]
I wouldn't be so sure about that if I were you. What if there is in fact no causality relation? What evidence do you have that the causality relation will always hold under all circumstances?

What "effect" lacking a "cause" negates the above stated theorem ?