News:

IGI has a Facebook group!

Main Menu

Christian Doctrine - Pop Quiz.

Started by eyeshaveit, August 23, 2016, 10:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyeshaveit

What are the three identifying marks of a true Christian Church?

Spoiler
1 - A true Christian Church preaches the pure biblical truths of the Gospel of God.

2 - A true Christian Church faithfully administers the biblical sacraments.

3 - A true Christian Church exercises authentic biblical discipline.
[close]

Jesus Christ died so you could have access to God.

Kiahanie

By those standards, there don't seem to be any Christian churches around anymore. If there ever were.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

eyeshaveit

Quote from: Kiahanie on September 02, 2016, 07:23:26 PM
By those standards, there don't seem to be any Christian churches around anymore. If there ever were.

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." - Matthew 7.

eyeshaveit

What is the foundation of the Christian Church?

Spoiler
"The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone." - Psalm 118.

"Have you not read this Scripture: ??The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone" - Mark 12.

"Built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone" - Ephesians 2:20.

What is an 'apostle'?

Spoiler
From the Greek, ????????? (ap?stolos), an apostle is "one who is sent". In the culture of the early first century, an apostle was a messenger or an ambassador, who was authorized to represent a ruler or king.
[close]

Who was the first Christian Apostle?

Spoiler
Jesus Christ:
"For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment?what to say and what to speak." - John 12.
[close]
[close]

composer

Your alleged gods are very bad god persons, I am offering them the chance to become good god persons for the very first time, but only after they admit they are bad god persons and want to try again.

eyeshaveit

What is the doctrine of Original Sin?

Spoiler
"[Original sin is] the tendency to sin, innate in all human beings, held to be inherited from Adam in consequence of the Fall" - Google definition.

People sin because they are sinners; since Adam's fall we are born with a sinful nature.

Pelagius, a fifth century monk, took issue with the doctrine of original sin: he taught, that we are sinners only when we sin, because we are all born innocent, and free to choose between right and wrong. Pelagius said, that some people may even live their lives completely free of sin. Pelagius was later declared a heretic, for his views, by the Council of Carthage.

"Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned" - Romans 5.[/spolier]

[close]

composer

Your alleged gods are very bad god persons, I am offering them the chance to become good god persons for the very first time, but only after they admit they are bad god persons and want to try again.

eyeshaveit

What are the four dominant interpretations of the Holy Bible's Book of Revelation (The Apocalypse of John)?

Spoiler
Understanding the Book of Revelation is not about uniform interpretations. There are many distinctions and contrasts existing within each of the categories. It would take an effort of encyclopedic proportions to fully explore the subject. The four principal groups are:

1 - Preterist -  A general belief that the Book of Revelation flows around the Roman Empire (ancient state), with its prophecies fulfilled in the first five centuries of our Lord, except for those concerning his Second Coming.

2 ? Futurist ? A literal view of prophecy and a belief that those prophecies in Chapters 1 - 3 have been fulfilled, and those of Chapter 4 - 22 are yet to come. 

3 ? Historic ? Widely held theory that the Book of Revelation is an overview of church history, past and present.

4 ? Idealist ? Not a chronological, but a symbolic perspective on church history, with some of the scenes being developed in various ways and times over the course of history.
[close]

eyeshaveit

The word "Christian" was first used as a disparaging term in the Roman Empire, in the first century. What did the early Christians call themselves?

Spoiler
People of 'The Way'.

"But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest and asked him for letters to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem." - Acts 9.

Where might the name, 'The Way', have originated?

Spoiler
From the lips of Jesus of Nazareth:

"Jesus said to him, ?I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14.

"For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few." - Matthew 14.

(Bold mine)
[close]
[close]

composer

Quote from: eyeshaveit on September 06, 2016, 07:48:52 AM

"Jesus said to him, ?I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14.

"For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few." - Matthew 14.
||think||

The biblical jebus is a Historical MYTH!

Whatever is claimed to have been literally ' said ' by it amounts to 1. At best hearsay from its supposed followers.

&

2. Whatever the authors of the bible Story book wrote regarding the Mythical tales, exploits & alleged utterings of this mythical character.  ||razz||

||popcorn||

Dexter

(Bold mine)

correction
I begin today by acknowledging the Ngarluma people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work and live, and pay my respects to their Elders past and present. I extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.

eyeshaveit

What is a doxology?

Spoiler
"A doxology is a short hymn of praises to God in various forms of Christian worship" - Wikipedia.

From the Greek, ????, doxa, 'glory or honor', and logia, logos, 'word or speaking'.

A few examples of a doxology:

"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen." - Ephesians 3.

"Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen." - Romans 11.

"Praise God, from whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heav?nly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost!"

Ancient hymn - English translation - Thomas Ken (1637 - 1711)
[close]

eyeshaveit

What is sin?

Spoiler
Sin - From biblical Greek - ??????? - hamartia - 'to miss the mark'

"Sin is an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law" - Google.

"Sin is a transgression of the law of God" - Meriam-Webster.

"Sin is the act of violating God's will by transgressing his commandments" - Wikipedia.

Sin is an offense against God, who is holy.

"Remember and do not forget how you provoked the Lord your God to wrath in the wilderness. From the day you came out of the land of Egypt until you came to this place, you have been rebellious against the Lord." - Deuteronomy 9.

"Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness." - 1 John 3.

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 6.
[close]

composer

Quote from: eyeshaveit on September 08, 2016, 09:04:19 AM
What is sin?

Spoiler
Sin - From biblical Greek - ??????? - hamartia - 'to miss the mark'

"Sin is an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law" - Google.

"Sin is a transgression of the law of God" - Meriam-Webster.

"Sin is the act of violating God's will by transgressing his commandments" - Wikipedia.

Sin is an offense against God, who is holy.

"Remember and do not forget how you provoked the Lord your God to wrath in the wilderness. From the day you came out of the land of Egypt until you came to this place, you have been rebellious against the Lord." - Deuteronomy 9.

"Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness." - 1 John 3.

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 6.
[close]
||think||

Religious Sin = Apparently the concept by some clowns; of transgression against a mythical supernatural being! e.g. Story book God(s)

||popcorn||

eyeshaveit

GratefulApe

The word "Christian" was first used as a disparaging term in the Roman Empire, in the first century. What did the early Christians call themselves?

Spoiler
People of 'The Way'.

"But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest and asked him for letters to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem." - Acts 9.

Spoiler

(Bold mine)
[close]
[close]

Jesus said I am the way. Not "they are the way"

Act 24:5  For we have found this man a plague, one who stirs up riots among all the Jews throughout the world and is a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes.

Furthermore the very first Christians were called Disciples. Followers of the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth.

GratefulApe

In the words of Jesus.

Spoiler
John 13:35
By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.?
[close]

eyeshaveit

Quote from: GratefulApe on September 08, 2016, 12:57:17 PM

Spoiler
People of 'The Way'.

Spoiler

(Bold mine)
[close]
[close]

Furthermore the very first Christians were called Disciples. Followers of the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth.

The word 'disciple' was not a peculiar term used to identify early Christians as such; it merely implied that one was a student:

Disciple - Greek - ??????? - math?t?s - 'student or pupil'.

eyeshaveit

Does God speak through pagans in the Old and/or New Testaments?

Spoiler
Certainly:

?And God came to Balaam at night and said to him, ?If the men have come to call you, rise, go with them; but only do what I tell you ? And Balak said to Balaam, ?What have you done to me? I took you to curse my enemies, and behold, you have done nothing but bless them.? And he answered and said, ?Must I not take care to speak what the Lord puts in my mouth???  - Numbers 22 and 23.

?[Pontius] Pilate went out again and said to them, ?See, I am bringing him out to you that you may know that I find no guilt in him.? So Jesus came out, wearing the crown of thorns and the purple robe. Pilate said to them, ?[Ecce homo!] Behold the man!?? - John 19.
[close]

composer

Quote from: eyeshaveit on September 09, 2016, 09:06:18 AM
||think||

ALL acclaimed Supernatural God(s) are shown to be entirely imaginary!

||popcorn||

eyeshaveit

Quote from: composer on September 09, 2016, 09:14:04 AM
||think||

||popcorn||

Yes, 99.9999999% of the "acclaimed Supernatural God(s)" are "entirely imaginary", but don't remain seemingly blind to the .0000001%; that is the Living God: the Creator of Heaven and Earth; the Lord of Heavenly Hosts; Almighty God; Yahweh is His Name.

GratefulApe

Quote from: eyeshaveit on September 08, 2016, 04:40:47 PM

Spoiler
People of 'The Way'.

Spoiler

(Bold mine)
[close]
[close]

The word 'disciple' was not a peculiar term used to identify early Christians as such; it merely implied that one was a student:

Just to be clear ( hopefully ). Belonging to "the way" does not make for a proper name of a group. What the disciples taught was "the way". Furthermore I personally would go with what Jesus named students/ followers of "the way". Disciples.

Spoiler
Matthew 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
[close]

eyeshaveit

Quote from: GratefulApe on September 09, 2016, 12:00:16 PM
Quote from: eyeshaveit on September 08, 2016, 04:40:47 PM

Spoiler
People of 'The Way'.

Spoiler

(Bold mine)
[close]
[close]

Just to be clear ( hopefully ). Belonging to "the way" does not make for a proper name of a group. What the disciples taught was "the way". Furthermore I personally would go with what Jesus named students/ followers of "the way". Disciples.

"No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you." - John 15.

composer

||think||

||popcorn||

Quote from: eyeshaveit on September 09, 2016, 09:33:37 AM
Yes, 99.9999999% of the "acclaimed Supernatural God(s)" are "entirely imaginary", but don't remain seemingly blind to the .0000001%; that is the Living God: the Creator of Heaven and Earth; the Lord of Heavenly Hosts; Almighty God; Yahweh is His Name.
||think||

As usual, assertions like yours are devoid of proofs; but full of empty claims!

Your proof of any literal Supernatural being remains a constant zero!

||popcorn||

GratefulApe

||popcorn||

Oh, OK, because you have talked to every single person in the entire universe and looked in every single space of the universe for a god or God or gods. Got it. Great argument.

||popcorn||

composer

||popcorn||

Quote from: GratefulApe on September 10, 2016, 02:53:25 AM
Oh, OK, because you have talked to every single person in the entire universe and looked in every single space of the universe for a god or God or gods. Got it. Great argument.

||popcorn||
||think||

IF you are so confident I'm wrong and you are right, then by all means provide your proofs?

I shan't hold my breath, I've met religious thumpers like you many a time already, all similarly ultimately frauds!

||popcorn||

eyeshaveit

How does the Holy Bible describe Jesus Christ's second coming and return?

Spoiler
Jesus Christ will return suddenly; without warning,

?For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.? - 1 Thessalonians 5.

Jesus Christ will return bodily; with his physical body,

?Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.? - Acts 1.

Jesus Christ will return visibly,

?Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him? - Revelation 1.

Jesus Christ will return in triumph,

?They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and King of kings? - Revelation 17.

Jesus Christ will return on the clouds,

?Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.? - Revelation 24.

Jesus Christ will return with power,

?When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations? - Matthew 25.
[close]

GratefulApe

Quote from: composer on September 10, 2016, 05:11:15 AM

||popcorn||

Quote from: GratefulApe on September 10, 2016, 02:53:25 AM

||popcorn||
||think||

IF you are so confident I'm wrong and you are right, then by all means provide your proofs?

I shan't hold my breath, I've met religious thumpers like you many a time already, all similarly ultimately frauds!

||popcorn||

Well no! I am not going to convince you of anything. As you have asserted "ALL acclaimed Supernatural God(s) are shown to be entirely imaginary!" You are already claiming to KNOW that there is no god, God, gods. You must have some superpower of your own to make such a claim. You must already be some kind of god because you KNOW this information. How did you acquire such knowledge?

composer

Quote from: GratefulApe on September 10, 2016, 12:43:40 PM
Well no! I am not going to convince you of anything.
||think||

That isn't so!

You have already convinced me you are another unambiguous jebus' fraud!

How so you may well ask?

Well you & Co. wouldn't be making such absurd statements like this because, e.g. any true believer would know they already have the ability -

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; . . . . (John 14:12) ESV Story book fatal to GratefulApe & Co.

As you have asserted "ALL acclaimed Supernatural God(s) are shown to be entirely imaginary!" You are already claiming to KNOW that there is no god, God, gods. You must have some superpower of your own to make such a claim. You must already be some kind of god because you KNOW this information.
||think||

I can see how you can perceive me as a god/God, my moral Superiority to your Jealous Story book one for a start! (e.g. Exod. 34:14) ESV Story book

&

The fact I am here vindicated, having repeatedly legitimately exposed & correcting the malignant Sinners & Frauds claiming to represent/follow their Historical Mythical person jebus!

How did you acquire such knowledge?
||think||

Posts like yours for one!

||popcorn||

GratefulApe

Quote from: composer on September 11, 2016, 01:32:04 AM
Well no! I am not going to convince you of anything.
||think||

That isn't so!

You have already convinced me you are another unambiguous jebus' fraud!

How so you may well ask?

Well you & Co. wouldn't be making such absurd statements like this because, e.g. any true believer would know they already have the ability -

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; . . . . (John 14:12) ESV Story book fatal to GratefulApe & Co.

As you have asserted "ALL acclaimed Supernatural God(s) are shown to be entirely imaginary!" You are already claiming to KNOW that there is no god, God, gods. You must have some superpower of your own to make such a claim. You must already be some kind of god because you KNOW this information.
||think||

I can see how you can perceive me as a god/God, my moral Superiority to your Jealous Story book one for a start! (e.g. Exod. 34:14) ESV Story book

&

The fact I am here vindicated, having repeatedly legitimately exposed & correcting the malignant Sinners & Frauds claiming to represent/follow their Historical Mythical person jebus!

How did you acquire such knowledge?
||think||

Posts like yours for one!

||popcorn||

Nope, didn't understand a word you said.