IGI has a Facebook group!

Main Menu

Devil's Advocate

Started by jewbacca, December 14, 2009, 09:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jewbacca

Quote from: Former Believer on December 17, 2009, 01:26:07 AM
Interesting.
He didn't claim any particular type of religious belief, but briefly mentioned the belief in a deity and a personal revelation, of sorts, in his corner.  Also, he requested membership in this group.

jewbacca

Quote from: Assyriankey on December 17, 2009, 01:27:54 AM
Interesting.

Vynn just wants a bit of attention, 'tis all.  He's not a theist as we understand the term.
To be honest, I think he'd be a bit more open about his beliefs if he were posting in an area that wasn't open to ridicule by those whom he used to include himself among...atheists.

Assyriankey

Quote from: yosi on December 17, 2009, 01:30:22 AM
Interesting.

Vynn just wants a bit of attention, 'tis all.  He's not a theist as we understand the term.
To be honest, I think he'd be a bit more open about his beliefs if he were posting in an area that wasn't open to ridicule by those whom he used to include himself among...atheists.

Vynn likes ridicule.
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

jewbacca

Quote from: Assyriankey on December 17, 2009, 01:31:44 AM
Interesting.

Vynn likes ridicule.
^^^ Prime example why I'm led to believe Vynn...

Kerlyssa

Quote from: yosi on December 17, 2009, 01:32:46 AM
Quote from: Assyriankey on December 17, 2009, 01:31:44 AM
Interesting.

Vynn likes ridicule.
^^^ Prime example why I'm led to believe Vynn...

That, and it's convenient for you. I've already seen him blatantly ignore something you've told him, and rewrite it so it fit more neatly in the Vynniverse, so I'm getting a kick out of you guys' budding friendship.

I think you might find it interesting to do a forum crawl and find the exact point where he started claiming he was a theist again. It would be illuminating for you, I'm sure, to see some context.

I'd link you to it, but I wouldn't want to taint it by association.

Assyriankey

Birds of a feather flock together.

Like attracts like.

Pigs in the mud.

Honour amongst thieves.

Any port in a storm.
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

Gaston

May I join? I'm not a theist per se, but I do have what I consider to be religious and spiritual beliefs...

catwixen

sorry I really tried but.
BwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahhaahhaahhahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahqahahahahahahahyaqhahahahahahahahahahahhyqahahahahyhahaahahghaahahahahhahaahahhahahbwahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahgahgahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahahahahahahahyahhahahahahahahahahahahahaHAHHASAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHHHAAAAAAAA
go for it dudes;;   h=this is so funny.
Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow?

jewbacca

Gaston, no...this group is specifically for theistic people...
As far as the group, I'd love it if someone took the time to actually create the group...

Waldo

If I may; I'll side with the atheist any day before hooking up with the "born again" Christian.  At least I still see a glimmer of hope there.  Not in professing there is no God, mind you.  Rather, a better opportunity to witness for the One, True God of heaven.  The Father of Jesus Christ, my Lord and my Redeemer...
What is it to you?

rakhel

Waldo
no one said yosi was a born again anything, much less a christian. This group is about being able to speak of your beliefs without the mockery and ridicule this forum is so willing to dispense.
There are two ways to slide easily through life:
to believe everything or to doubt everything;
both ways save us from thinking.-Alfred Korzybski

Waldo

Understood, Rakhel.  However, in order for one to stand up for Jesus, he must be able to withstand the firy darts of the devil.  Christ did not come to save the righteous.  He came to seek and save the lost.  Today's Christian considers himself "saved", and thereby will not tolerate anyone telling them they must follow in the footsteps of Jesus as did He before and up to the Cross.  Today's Christian proclaims God somehow changed something at the Cross.  If the truth be known, it was at the Cross Satan intensified his attack on the church beginning with the lie Christ did not actually die.  Rather, He went somewhere, like to hell or something, vs. sleep in the grip of death for 3 days and 3 nights.  In other words, he re-enforced the concept of the immortality of the soul, another false modern Christian doctrine.

If Christ was alive, in hell or anyplace else, during that time then He did not actually die for the sins of humanity.  Thus, His Sacrifice would have been for nought... 

As for me, one false teaching in the modern Christian church is enough for me to discount all of it.  Sort of like one false prophecy of some so called prophet...

There is no division between Old and New Testaments.  It is all the Word of God.

I welcome the mockery and ridicule.  These people I have befriended and have grown to love them.  I shan't isolate myself from them.  In my life of sales, I have learned my best future prospect is the one who offers the most resistence in the beginning.  I am strong in my faith, Rakhel.  Praise God.
What is it to you?

Airyaman

Aw, c'mon. You could ridicule our lack of belief if you wanted. All you'd have to do is show how reality is a bad thing.
Please take a moment to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Atlanta, and Sweden.

Waldo

LOL!  I have no desire to deride you or anyone.  My perception of reality is that you are real (and that's not a bad thing)...
What is it to you?

Airyaman

Quote from: Waldo on December 17, 2009, 09:38:00 PM
LOL!  I have no desire to deride you or anyone.  My perception of reality is that you are real (and that's not a bad thing)...

Sorry, was meant as a response to Rakhel's post prior to yours.
Please take a moment to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Atlanta, and Sweden.

Happy Evolute

Quote from: Waldo on December 17, 2009, 09:22:27 PM
... in the grip of death for 3 days and 3 nights. 

Not even the Gospels claim this, Friday to Sunday does not include three nights.
An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Waldo

Hi Happy.  Christianity promotes a Friday crucifixion.  Christ died on Wednesday, in the midst of the week, the day before the passover, which was Thursday.  He was in the tomb Wendseday night, Thursday night and Friday night.  He was resurrected in the end of the Sabbath as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week.  There were two Sabbaths that week.  The Passover Sabbath and the weekly Sabbath.

And so yes, the gospels do claim this...
What is it to you?

Son of Man

I just checked the FAQ.

4. What is a Member Group, and how do I join?

Some boards on this forum are for group members only. To start a new group (eg "Triclavians Unite!"), you may petition an Admin provided your group will have at least 12 members.  After that, each new member of a group is voted in by the group, itself.  If a member receives a simple majority of those who vote, then he or she becomes a member.  The poll is to last for seven days, unless a candidate receives yes votes from more than 50% of the total membership. The purpose behind member groups is to give members at least one place on the forum where they can make their posts unmolested by those of other faiths, worldviews, interests, etc.

Are there 12 members yet?  We set the min requirement at 12 to keep the number of private groups to a minimum, because member groups are a bit tedious to set up.
"Our old forum is dead we should bring a newborn one to life."  
Steve Ox, GLF Forum, July 28, 2008

Son of Man

Oh.  Looks like someone made the group, anyway.  : )

rakhel

yosi did have that question but a few people said only 5 were needed, so hewent with that
There are two ways to slide easily through life:
to believe everything or to doubt everything;
both ways save us from thinking.-Alfred Korzybski

sky

I think the 5 needed may have been set when Assy created the After Dark Group.
My username is sky and my password is #####
-its yours if you want it.

Son of Man

Quote from: sky on December 17, 2009, 11:20:58 PM
I think the 5 needed may have been set when Assy created the After Dark Group.

That's right.  Assy volunteered to do the dirty work, himself. 

Assyriankey

Happy Evolute

An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

jewbacca

Ok, we need to wake up and Advocate...Devil's Advocate recruitment drive for May, 2010 is now gearing up...Anyone who follows a conscious higher power is free to join and welcome

6ixx

Can I join? I'm a theist ig. The devil is interesting and God is nice.

Mooby the Golden Sock

I'm cool with it.  I'm pretty sure I am the only one in the group who is still active though!
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC