News:

Are you in the IGI Yearbook?

Main Menu

A happy atheist hello.

Started by LaetusAtheos, August 12, 2008, 11:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaetusAtheos

Hi everyone, most of you probably already know me.  For those that don't.  My name is Whitney, I live in Dallas, I manage a forum called Happy Atheist Forum, I'm married to a man who is also an atheist, and I am the mother of two cats (Corbu and Nietzsche), a dog (Chompsky), 5 geckos (nameless), a clown fish (nemo), 1 ball python (we named him but I forgot what his name is...I call him the snake), and a tortoise (Darwin).

Guys...you need smilies :)
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous" - David Hume
www.happyatheistforum.com

Assyriankey

Hi Laet, welcome to the forum!  It's been a loooong time since I last saw a post of yours :)

That's an inspired set of names for your children!

Quote from: LaetusAtheos on August 12, 2008, 11:28:46 PM
Guys...you need smilies :)

^ reported ^
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

cmarie

Welcome Happy Atheist. Glad to see you here. :)
The highest point a man can attain is not knowledge, or virtue, or goodness, or victory, but something even greater, more heroic and more despairing:
Sacred Awe!
—Nikos Kazantzakis

Son of Man

Welcome aboard.  Better Laet than never, I always say.  And how's that monkey of yours doing?  I haven't seen the little guy in quite a while.

Oh, and feel free to post any suggestions in the Feedback board.  We promise not to delete them. 

+1 for joining.  : )
"Our old forum is dead we should bring a newborn one to life."  
Steve Ox, GLF Forum, July 28, 2008

LaetusAtheos

Quote from: Son of Man on August 13, 2008, 01:12:30 AM
I haven't seen the little guy in quite a while.

Me neither...I had to go find him.
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous" - David Hume
www.happyatheistforum.com

Scrabble Hamster

Hi LaetusAtheos. Welcome to the forum!

Great to see you here and I'm thrilled to see you've capitalized the A in your name. Now I can finally feel confident I'm reading it right. :D

(this is nogoingback)
If we long to believe that the stars rise and set for us, that we are the reason there is a Universe, does science do us a disservice in deflating our conceits? - Carl Sagan

Happy Evolute

Welcome, LaetusAtheos!

A certain person doesn't like smilies :(

+1

(This is, er, Happy Evolute)
An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

catwixen

Hello there Laet....:)

NGB I did not know that was you, I feel somehow left out. :(

Yes! Where are the smilies!

+1 to Laet for joining and being happy. :)
Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow?

Assyriankey

Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

Happy Evolute

An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Codswallop

Better Laet than never, I always say. 

Ow.
You came THAT close to a -1.
Painful.

Son of Man

Quote from: Codswallop on August 13, 2008, 02:59:30 PM
Better Laet than never, I always say. 

Ow.
You came THAT close to a -1.