News:

IGI has a myspace page.  Please add us if you're a myspace fiend!

Main Menu

"It was a dark and stormy night"

Started by billet-doux, October 26, 2013, 09:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billet-doux

Made in the USA ...

Finnish / Puritan stock ...

Male - 6'2" - Green eyes ...

Hitch in the U.S. Marines ...

Attended college on VA's dime ...

Divorced ... Not looking ... "Invisible" ...

Three grown children ... Two step-children ...

Self-employed most of my working life ...

Fully retired of retail antique stores, book shops and mall and online businesses ...

Live an "idyllic" existence in a Senior Citizen complex with several hundred other seasoned citizens ... 

Volunteer work delivering food to folks who need some extra help ...

Reformed Christian who begins and ends each day in awe and wonder of the Triune God ...

God ... Jesus Christ ... The Holy Spirit ... Church ... Life ... People ... Planet Earth ... The Sun ... Saint Augustine ... John Calvin ... Jonathan Edwards ... R.C. Sproul ... Tim Keller ... C.S. Lewis ... Scott Adams (Dilbert) ... Dogs ... Lebanese food ... Wildflowers ... Rivers ... Oceans ... Musicals ... Dinah Washington ... Leonard Cohen ... Hank Williams ... Bottom lines ...

Dislikes:
Broken human governments ... Internet Tit-For-Tat ... Minutiae ... Toxic people ... Speed bumps ... Political correctness ...

Bad Habits: Idolatry ... Warrior mentality ... Interrupting people ... Not interrupting people ...

Unfulfilled Dreams of My Youth: Fly a glider ... Produce a Full Length Animated Cartoon ...

Old Age Dreams (The Too-Late Variety): Build / Start a Reform Seminary ... 

Things I Wish I Had Done:
Kept a journal ... Married a friend instead of a "partner" ... Rode the wild horses on the Vieques' Beaches ...     

IGI was personally recommended to me ... I tried it ... quickly became bored and was set to walk away ... The Holy Spirit intervened ... I'm now quite satisfied but here for reasons beyond myself ... no clue as to what or why ...

Upbeat ... Curious ... Love affair with life ... True joy and contentment in God ... I don't share enough of this bliss with my fellow man 

Mooby the Golden Sock

Quote from: billet-doux on October 26, 2013, 09:06:51 PMIGI was personally recommended to me ... I tried it ... quickly became bored and was set to walk away ... The Holy Spirit intervened ... I'm now quite satisfied but here for reasons beyond myself ... no clue as to what or why ...
I'm working on a theory called "God's a d**k," where basically the Lord throws stuff at us that makes no sense (most likely for His own amusement) that somehow seems to work out in the end.  What do you think?
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

Shawna

I was invited to join IGI.... visited....  said to myself, "Meh.  Very chaffy and frothy."  Tried to leave.  God made me stay too, although I wander off for sometimes long periods.

I am glad that God does that to other people too!

A very warm welcome to IGI!

+1
"I think, indeed, that the goodness of God, through His Christ, may recall all His creatures to one end."
--Origen

billet-doux

Quote from: Mooby the Golden Sock on October 26, 2013, 09:10:06 PM

I'm working on a theory called "God's a d**k," where basically the Lord throws stuff at us that makes no sense (most likely for His own amusement) that somehow seems to work out in the end.  What do you think?

Waste of time and energy if you really "know" the Holy God ...

If not ... well ... your course is set ... hopefully toward the sheepfold and not the goats

SHIN KAIRI

I belong to no church. Religion leads to death.

Hell is not real. The 10 commandments were not done away with.

Yah wishes all be saved.

Check my profile for Truth.