News:

IGI has a myspace page.  Please add us if you're a myspace fiend!

Main Menu

Child abuse in archdiocese of New Orleans

Started by Kiahanie, April 25, 2024, 09:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiahanie

^^^^^ Celibacy does radically limit the opportunities for sexual expression. Maybe it is not so much a pedophilia orientation as taking what is easily available through their churchly power. Boy Scout leaders and Protestant ministers use their power do that, too, with both children and adults, but they do not receive institutional support for screwing children.

Yup. Good question. Worth a study.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

8livesleft

Quote from: Jstwebbrowsing on May 01, 2024, 04:22:47 PM
Quote from: 8livesleft on April 27, 2024, 01:51:57 AMThe celibate sects could learn a thing or two about how other sects manage the issue. Sex is natural. To deny it isn't.

So long as they keep repressing these natural urges, there will be aberrations like this.
Does celibacy cause pedophilia?

In my opinion, it does. I am no expert but the way I see it, sex is a basic need. As important as eating, drinking, sleeping. 

This means it is a constant urge. 

You can keep trying to deny yourself but eventually, you will seek some reprieve and you usually do so with what's available or convenient. 

And it seems some groups agree with my assessment.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/656770/celibacy-linked-to-sexual-abuse

Jstwebbrowsing

Do not put your trust in princes nor in a son of man, who cannot bring salvation.

Psalm 146:3

none

so this article suggests that you can teach someone to be attracted sexual to young children...
what about teaching someone to be sexually attracted to horse manure?
do we just need to include that in the bible?
the candle can only be lit so many times.

8livesleft

Quote from: Jstwebbrowsing on May 02, 2024, 03:25:46 AMhttps://neurosciencenews.com/mri-pedophile-brain-8548/
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/mind-shift/202106/are-pedophiles-born-or-made

Here is some information.  Celibacy is not mentioned.

Maybe not in the study you cited, but it's apparently considered as a contributing factor, prompting the group I cited to taking steps to prevent it.

Like I said, I think there is a relationship, in my opinion, for the reason I stated.

Kiahanie

Sexual frustration is obviously contributing factor, I think child abuse is often an expression of power more than sexual desire for a specific child.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

kevin

old news, but it illustrates the pattern that still occurs:

https://theworld.org/stories/2015/09/18/south-america-has-become-safe-haven-catholic-church-s-alleged-child-molesters

QuoteSouth America has become a safe haven for the Catholic Church's alleged child molesters. The Vatican has no comment.

Fernandez arrived in San Antonio in the early 1980s. By 1983, prosecutors had charged him with exposing himself to two young girls in a local swimming pool. A year later, he had begun ritually abusing and raping two young boys in his care, according to a 1988 lawsuit filed by a local family. The abuse continued for two years, the lawsuit claimed.

The priest was never convicted of a crime. Instead the church negotiated a large cash settlement, and Fernandez promptly relocated to Colombia, where he continued working for the Catholic Church. In May, GlobalPost traced him to the picturesque seaside city of Cartagena. He's currently a senior administrator and priest at a prestigious Catholic university, enjoying all the privilege, respect and unfettered access to young people that comes with being a member of the clergy.

Fernandez is just one of scores of Catholic priests who have been accused of abusing children in the United States and Europe, but who have avoided accountability simply by moving to a less-developed country.

may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

Shnozzola

It is demonically sickening that the catholic administration would hide and continue this.  Indeed, the very hypocritical scribe's and pharisee's hollowed out souls that Jesus condemned the most.
Ironically, the myriad  of "god" beliefs of humanity are proving to be more dangerous than us learning that we are on our own, making the way we treat each other far more important

kevin

this one was 9 years ago, but that is quite contemporary, as these things go.

Maria-Juana

Quote from: kevin on May 05, 2024, 08:18:08 PM...

QuoteSouth America has become a safe haven for the Catholic Church's alleged child molesters. The Vatican has no comment...
||smite|| ||smite|| ||smite|| ||smite||

||angry||
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Mr. Blackwell

Unrestricted free speech, paradoxically, results in less speech, not more. - Yoel Roth

8livesleft

Quote from: Kiahanie on May 02, 2024, 05:12:47 AMSexual frustration is obviously contributing factor, I think child abuse is often an expression of power more than sexual desire for a specific child.

That's possible. Or maybe they're reliving an old experience.

A lot of times, abusers were themselves abused.

Not an excuse or anything.

kevin

more.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2024/may/09/new-orleans-catholic-church-abuse?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

QuoteLongtime New Orleans Catholic priest Lawrence Hecker received a special hoor from the Vatican nearly 25 years ago despite having confessed to molesting children. Then, for another two decades, church leaders in the city strategically shielded him from law enforcement and media exposure – while also providing him with financial support ranging from paid limousine rides and therapeutic massages to full retirement benefits, according to his own, previously unreported testimony. . . .

"It wasn't a big deal in those days," Hecker said at the deposition about how his archdiocese coddled him despite his acknowledged abuse of children.

8livesleft

Quote from: kevin on May 09, 2024, 10:57:07 PMmore.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2024/may/09/new-orleans-catholic-church-abuse?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

QuoteLongtime New Orleans Catholic priest Lawrence Hecker received a special hoor from the Vatican nearly 25 years ago despite having confessed to molesting children. Then, for another two decades, church leaders in the city strategically shielded him from law enforcement and media exposure – while also providing him with financial support ranging from paid limousine rides and therapeutic massages to full retirement benefits, according to his own, previously unreported testimony. . . .

"It wasn't a big deal in those days," Hecker said at the deposition about how his archdiocese coddled him despite his acknowledged abuse of children.

Like incentive for doing a terrible thing. 

kevin

none

Quote from: 8livesleft on May 02, 2024, 02:23:16 AM
Quote from: Jstwebbrowsing on May 01, 2024, 04:22:47 PM
Quote from: 8livesleft on April 27, 2024, 01:51:57 AMThe celibate sects could learn a thing or two about how other sects manage the issue. Sex is natural. To deny it isn't.

So long as they keep repressing these natural urges, there will be aberrations like this.
Does celibacy cause pedophilia?

In my opinion, it does. I am no expert but the way I see it, sex is a basic need. As important as eating, drinking, sleeping.

This means it is a constant urge.

You can keep trying to deny yourself but eventually, you will seek some reprieve and you usually do so with what's available or convenient.

And it seems some groups agree with my assessment.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/656770/celibacy-linked-to-sexual-abuse

I disagree
some people will f**k anything
what you are suggesting is analogous to same sex attraction is a learned behavior

the candle can only be lit so many times.

8livesleft

"Experts suggest that while genes might play a small role in causing pedophilic disorder, the influence of factors such as development and upbringing might be stronger."

- https://psychcentral.com/disorders/causes-of-pedophilia

Tho I do believe it's the opposite for gender fluidity - it's more hereditary and less development and upbringing.