News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

Culture Clashes past and present

Started by Kiahanie, April 24, 2024, 07:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiahanie

@dutchy
Quote from: dutchy on April 23, 2024, 08:34:16 PM
Quote from: Kiahanie on April 23, 2024, 07:44:42 PM••••Dutchy, nobody has "moral issues" with minorities. They just have "practical issues" that happen to involve minorities. More Christian Dutch get beat up by Christian Dutch than by Muslims.

It is not "moral objections" that are at issue. What we are dealing with are social and cultural practices. Your remarks regarding Muslims show a great deal of discomfort with The Other.

Do you want a dedicated thread to discuss it?
i already agreed , but i am unsure what you want to discuss. But let's give it a try.

Kiahani, i meet a lot of Muslims, i feel very comfortable in their private houses, discussing things as i do with many others who have views i strongly reject personally....that is for me those views wouldn't work at all. I also want to know what thrives them, handing out judgement isn't part of those conversations.

I have shared that, but for some unknown reason, unknown to me at least, you seem to think that it must give me some discomfort. ••••

But i maybe wrong about this, i see this as a place were we can share our strong opinions, knowing this place is not the real world. At least it is not for me.
That is i share here far more rough edges of my personality that wouldn't be beneficial for anyone i real life, apart from friends and some family. ••••

This place is part of the real world. What you say here has impact elsewhere.

Please share your rough edges if that is what you are here for. Group therapy. Expect some strong opinions from your therapists.

This post is to reserve a space. I will be posting quotes that illustrate what I believe is similar to American "soft bigotry." It will take a little time. I have a tung finish underway at the moment.

Go ahead and post here before then if you want.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,