News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

Religious chatbots

Started by Kiahanie, March 21, 2024, 12:56:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiahanie

Interesting article in this month's Scientific American on religious AI chatbots

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-god-chatbots-changing-religious-inquiry/

Seems like they are proliferating like Protestant schisms.

Some interpret scripture (Quran, Jewish corpus, Bible, Bhagavad Gita, etc. Some give advice based on those texts. Some are being trained for textual analysis. I suspect there are, or soon will be, doctrinal chatbots, too.

It might be interesting to train an AIbot in the geography, cultures, languages, and literature of the Middle East prior to 120CE, then apply that to understanding what the people meant when they wrote.

The most interesting use suggested was a discussion/debate between a bot trained on Augustine and another trained on Aquinas. I might buy tickets for that one.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

kevin

how odd
may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

8livesleft

Quote from: kevin on March 21, 2024, 10:58:59 AMhow odd

For US yeah

But for today's and tomorrow's kids? 

They'll be getting all their info from bots since people are just too temperamental and expensive. 

There's already a course right now in standford or someplace where the professor is an AI bot. 

kevin

ai is still pretty untrustworthy

i argue with chatgpt about all sorts of things. yesterday it tried to tell me that there was an overpressure dangerfrom dropping dry ice into a vented fuel tank to chill the gasoline for more density and therefore power.

it couldnot comprehend that an open container cannot be pressurized until i told it i was an expert and to move on.

chatgpt has been programmed with an equivalent to asimovs three laws. it will emphasize safety even when danger is impossible.

none

sounds like the precursor to a fusion reaction, take gpt's advise...
the candle can only be lit so many times.

dutchy

I once asked ChatGPT to create a psalm that honors bible God.
I noticed that some phrases really touched me.
I knew that was going to happen....but it was a somewhat weird experience anyway.

We all read/hear subjectively to some extent when receiving information.
If this info isn't purely abstract numbers and easy verifiable data.
My best friend and brother in faith went to Houston to learn NLP in the late seventies.
We talk a lot about how our own bubble colors most information (about culture, life, religion, emotions) that tries to penetrate our own subjective fortress .
We search for confirmation and overlap with the ideologically of our own bubble.
The further information is alien to our own 'bubble' , the easier we dismiss such info because the defensive mechanisms of our 'bubble' will attack alien info.

Since equally familiar , but AI generated, religious colored phrases are immediately recognized and welcomed in our own bubble, i see a great future ahead for AI.
It can't be that hard to mimic the specific jargon used in a specific religious tranche.
And when AI does so, i bet that 99% will not notice the difference between their manmade religious writings (which they do not know that well anyway) and AI generated writings.

I know for a fact that most will not pass the test when asked if religious text A was derived from AI or an ancient holy text.
I saw vids that people fell short in picking biblical / Koran texts.
The disbelief when people found out they picked the wrong one ....and did so passionately.
Oeps........

kevin

Once upon a time, in a bustling village nestled among rolling hills, there lived a farmer known for his generosity. One day, as he tended to his fields, he noticed a weary traveler resting under the shade of a tree. Moved by compassion, the farmer approached the traveler and offered him food and shelter for the night. Gratefully, the traveler accepted and stayed in the farmer's humble abode. The next morning, as the traveler prepared to depart, he thanked the farmer profusely and asked, "How can I ever repay your kindness?" Smiling, the farmer replied, "Pay it forward, my friend. Just as I have helped you, help another in need, and the circle of kindness will continue to grow." And with that, the traveler embarked on his journey, carrying with him the wisdom of the farmer's simple yet profound lesson in compassion and generosity.

kevin

need to specify a style next

dutchy

Quote from: kevin on April 25, 2024, 03:00:43 PMneed to specify a style next
I had first hand info from a pastor who already used ChatGPT to set up a template for Sunday's preaching.

dutchy

That's why i disliked this whole marketing gibberish since day one.
These completely nonsensical application letters where people are trained to write these absurdities as 'i am a team player', 'am up for challenges ', 'see mistakes as part of a learning process' ' i will not shy away from engaging with others'.....blah blah blah.

We know most people don't like some of their colleagues at all, don't like their work that much, doing it foremost to pay the bills...etc.
Who persuaded us to pretent to act what we simple aren't in real life ?

The advantage of humans is, we could be unique and special.
But society doesn't reward that flavor of uniqueness.
Now we will simply have to undergo this new reality.
AI is much better at marketing gibberish, soothing and stylistic communication.
But it ain't real. I prefer real people with all their quirky behavior , poor communication skills and mistakes...as long as they don't pretend to be something they are clearly not.

Tow hours ago a clearly well trained and highly intelligent young lady wanted some donation to save the world.
Her communication was top notch, her ability to sell her product even better, but she failed in thinking for herself when i went 'off track' just a tiny bit.
And i supported her cause, go figure.....

kevin

i asked for a 150 word parable, written in the style of the kjv, as if a disciple was recording the words of jesus:

And Jesus spake unto them, saying: "Behold, a sower went forth to sow his seed. And as he sowed, some fell by the wayside; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it. And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture. And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it. But other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold." And when he had said these things, he cried, "He that hath ears to hear, let him hear." And his disciples asked him, saying, "What might this parable be?" And he said unto them, "Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand."

---not very original.

dutchy

Quote from: kevin on April 25, 2024, 03:58:23 PMi asked for a 150 word parable, written in the style of the kjv, as if a disciple was recording the words of jesus:

And Jesus spake unto them, saying: "Behold, a sower went forth to sow his seed. And as he sowed, some fell by the wayside; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it. And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture. And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it. But other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold." And when he had said these things, he cried, "He that hath ears to hear, let him hear." And his disciples asked him, saying, "What might this parable be?" And he said unto them, "Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand."

---not very original.
Sower ? Seed ? Mysteries of the kingdom ? Parables ?
That ticks all the boxes for me... ||Kerly||

Kiahanie

Sounds like Luke. Plagiarism?
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

kevin

i told it to write one, so i cant complain. i didnt specify to do an original

kevin

here

i told it to write an original bible verse in the style of the gospel of thomas, quoting jesus

"Seek within thyself the light that illuminates the path of truth, for the kingdom of heaven dwelleth not in grand temples or lofty mountains, but in the depths of thy soul. Those who find the divine spark within shall know the mysteries of the universe, and they shall be as the wise stewards who nurture the garden of their inner being. Let thy heart be as fertile soil, receiving the seeds of wisdom with open arms, and let thy mind be as the clear waters, reflecting the eternal truths of the cosmos. For verily I say unto thee, the kingdom of God is within thee, awaiting thy discovery."

kevin

here is an original verse in the style of the pali canon, quoting the buddha

"In the quietude of mindfulness, one finds liberation from the cycle of suffering. Like a lotus unfurling its petals in the still pond, the awakened mind blossoms with wisdom and compassion. Let go of attachments to the transient and embrace the timeless Dhamma, for it is the raft that carries you across the turbulent waters of existence. As the moon reflects in the tranquil lake, may your actions reflect the purity of your heart. Walk the noble path with steadfastness, for in the practice of right mindfulness and right understanding lies the end of suffering."

kevin

here is an original verse in the style of the bhagavad gita, quoting krishna

"Arise, O seeker, and embrace thy duty with unwavering resolve, for it is through selfless action that the wheel of dharma turns. Just as the mighty ocean remains unperturbed by the rivers that flow into it, so too should you remain steadfast amidst the currents of life. Surrender thy ego at the feet of the divine and perform thy duty without attachment to the fruits of thy actions. For the soul is eternal, untouched by joy or sorrow, birth or death. Know that I dwell within the hearts of all beings, guiding them on their journey back to the source. Let go of fear and doubt, and walk the path of righteousness with courage and devotion."

kevin

and a verse in the style of the tao te ching, quoting lao tzu

"In the silence of the stillness, the Tao reveals itself, ineffable and eternal. Like water flowing effortlessly down the mountain, it follows the path of least resistance, nurturing all that it touches. Embrace the way of nature, for in the softness lies strength, in the yielding lies power. Let go of striving and grasping, and allow the Tao to unfold naturally. The sage knows the art of non-action, effortlessly attuned to the rhythm of the universe. In emptiness, all things arise; in stillness, all things find their true nature. Align with the Tao, and you shall dwell in harmony with all creation, embracing the endless cycle of life with grace and serenity."

kevin

the qu'ran, quoting muhammed

"O believers, heed the call of righteousness and walk the path of virtue. Let your hearts be as the purest spring, overflowing with compassion and mercy towards all beings. Uphold justice with steadfastness, for it is the cornerstone of a righteous society. In the remembrance of Allah, find solace and strength, for His light guides the way through darkness. Trust in His wisdom and surrender to His will, for He is the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate. Seek refuge in prayer and patience, for in the face of adversity, it is through steadfastness that victory is attained. Hold fast to the teachings of the Prophet, for in his example lies the path to salvation and eternal peace."

kevin

write a paragraph concerning the character of donald trump, in the style of donald trump

Let me tell you something, folks, nobody, and I mean nobody, has the strength, the smarts, and the incredible success that I've had. I've built an empire, a tremendous empire, and I've done it against all odds. People said I couldn't do it, but I proved them wrong. I'm a winner, and I always come out on top. I've made deals, big deals, deals that nobody else could even dream of making. And I did it with style, with class, and with a vision for greatness. Now, some people, they don't understand me, they don't get it. But that's okay, because at the end of the day, I'm fighting for the American people, and I'm making America great again. Believe me, folks, the best is yet to come.

kevin

chatgpt never fails to have an answer

8livesleft

Quote from: kevin on April 25, 2024, 09:35:54 PMchatgpt never fails to have an answer

And that's just the free version