News:

IGI has a Facebook group!

Main Menu

This Thanksgiving 2023

Started by none, November 21, 2023, 05:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

none

Dreading the day already..
I wouldn't mind one day actually being able to trust people so much as to be in their presence..
Seeking shelter from people isn't as easy as it sounds...
Of what little space there is the more inconvenient it becomes to have any type of security or privacy...
I mean being able to tolerate another human being for intimate needs is one thing yet very unlikely in the future...
I mean I can walk into an office and have someone act like they care until the details come out of my needs because it's more cost effective to not care and waste the resources on human garbage when the place looks so nice and orderly without a human cluttering up the place..
Or go to a park where it's just a kill zone for the local degenerates to secure whatever off the books activity is paying top currency..
I could be interrogated by police officers who are more interested in buying property at half price than the illusionary conversation that usually takes place... because that's what they are there for..
And food, wow.. that is the true blessing.. many have less than I and it is no wonder... too many of "us" to feed or some other excuse...
I would like things to be different yet I'm not the one who is wagering on 'til death do us part... in a way..
I could end it but the pain of the blade keeps me sober yet the imagined rapid exit wound just doesn't seem right... by other means..
I wish I could get the pain out yet trust is what I need and given what I've seen and overcome is hard to believe the platitudes anymore..
I'm sure I'm special just like everyone else.. heck there might even be a song about it or painting yet to find someone who I honestly believe is really almost not worth the effort to engage...
All I wanted was to play guitar and drink beer and that got turned into someone else's dream...
3 young people later and I'm left in pretty bad shape only to be disregarded as used up or foolish or worse..old.... and that usually means nothing good except maybe for an excuse to exploit for some hidden agenda of rolling paper money on tik tok...
Alas or better yet maybe I'll find what you're looking for because what I've found is mine and priceless even if I can't give it away...
the candle can only be lit so many times.

Maria-Juana

^^^
I hear you, my friend...
Quote...and I'm left in pretty bad shape only to be disregarded as used up or foolish or worse..old.... 
😔
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Boots

Religion=institutionalized superstition

Apologetics=the art of making s**t up to make other made-up s**t sound more plausible

"To not believe in god is to know that it falls to us to make the world a better place."

~Sam Harris

Maria-Juana

"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Maria-Juana

"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Maria-Juana

"Thanksgiving" party ideas, none.
||beerchug||

||cheesy||
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

none

I kind of don't want to get into the poisoning event...

Maria-Juana

Quote from: none on November 23, 2023, 06:02:58 AMI kind of don't want to get into the poisoning event...
That's OK.
I know it's difficult sometimes to "have to" be in a festive mood when you don't feel like it.
—I've been there.
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Emma286

If it helps to treat the day just like any other, maybe it's worth doing that this year None. ;) Sorry to know you're going through a bad time.
"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."

Albert Einstein

none

Thank you.
I must say I wish that you are able to spend time with the ones you cherish.

Emma286

You're welcome None. ;) I'm sorry that couldn't be the case. Hoping that can soon change for you. 
"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."

Albert Einstein

LoriPinkAngel

Since I'm a nurse I have always found working Thanksgiving to be the perfect way to avoid family obligations. And I can look forward to the leftovers my son brings me from whichever gathering he went to. I watch the Macy's Parade, then the dog show and then reruns of Thanksgiving episodes of my favorite sitcoms. It may seem like a lonely tradition but it is actually quite enjoyable. And of course I must listen the Arlo Guthrie's Thanksgiving Masacree - Alices Restaurant.
Ah, but I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now...  -Bob Dylan

kevin

may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep