3 things you’re grateful for today

Started by Emma286, February 09, 2023, 08:03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiahanie

Granddaughter daycare day. 8 hours of watching this little mammal learn about our world, listening and watching to learn about hers.

Cardboard boxes, great learning tools.

Outdoor bulb thermometers.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

Emma286

Heating for when it's cold (like now where I am!)

Unexpected humorous moments

Surreal art
"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."

Albert Einstein

Kiahanie

"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

Dexter

I begin today by acknowledging the Ngarluma people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work and live, and pay my respects to their Elders past and present. I extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.

kevin

may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

Kiahanie

1" of wet clingy snow. Beautiful.

life-enhancing drugs

White vinegar

Maria-Juana

That beautiful full moon right now.

Somebody! Call, nine wine wine.
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

kevin

i was just looking at that not two minutes ago

and orion
may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

none

Unvisible moonlight for at least 16 hours
the never ending pain
hate
the candle can only be lit so many times.

Mr. Blackwell

Unrestricted free speech, paradoxically, results in less speech, not more. - Yoel Roth

Maria-Juana

Quote from: kevin on March 08, 2023, 04:09:19 AMI was just looking at that not two minutes ago

and orion
I think it took me that long to type my post.
||cheesy||
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Maria-Juana

Quote from: none on March 08, 2023, 04:33:55 AMUnvisible moonlight for at least 16 hours
the never ending pain
hate
Hello, none, I don't think we've met.
||tip hat||
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Mr. Blackwell

Quote from: Maria-Juana on March 08, 2023, 06:14:27 AM
Quote from: none on March 08, 2023, 04:33:55 AMUnvisible moonlight for at least 16 hours
the never ending pain
hate
||tip hat||
Be carefull with none. He's a good person but his cup overflows with anguish. Sometimes it splashes out if you try to tap his cup. You two might get along well enough if he chooses to communicate with you just keep in mind that at all times, he is abrasive. 
Unrestricted free speech, paradoxically, results in less speech, not more. - Yoel Roth

Dexter

I begin today by acknowledging the Ngarluma people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work and live, and pay my respects to their Elders past and present. I extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.

Maria-Juana

Quote from: Mr. Blackwell on March 08, 2023, 10:00:08 AM
the never ending pain
hate
||tip hat||
Be carefull with none. He's a good person but his cup overflows with anguish. Sometimes it splashes out if you try to tap his cup. You two might get along well enough if he chooses to communicate with you just keep in mind that at all times, he is brasive.

Oooh.
"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Kiahanie

Kiahanie

Granddaughter daycare day. She is just (barely) beginning to crawl, one knee at a time.

Blue sky.

Chair behind my woodshop. Fine view: green grass and English daisies, garden beds, apple and walnut and cherry trees, blueberries and huckleberries. Fine way to start the day.

Emma286

1.) That I managed to get a pretty decent sleep last night (though was anxious before dropping off)

2.) That the snowfall that happened where I am was only light

3.) That I was able to finally discover where my neighbour cat lived so that I could get him returned home and in the warm this morning
"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."

Albert Einstein

Emma286

Albert Einstein

none

the never ending pain
hate
||tip hat||
It's OK Monday. [:)

Kiahanie

Granddaughter daycare day.

Rain.

The Port Orford cedar across the road.

Maria-Juana

Janitors.
Cooks.
Construction workers.
Doctors.
Medicine.

"In vino veritas." 🍷
—Pliny the Elder

Mr. Blackwell

My three daughters

Emily

Anna

Bela

none

Bordeaux

My healthcare insurance
Clean water
And me being violently handsome ||pillow||
"Certitude is not evidence of truth. Nor does repetition make it true. If anything, repetition should make you suspicious. Truth always stands up to scrutiny on its merits."
― Steven Hassan PhD

none

none

and that chick missing part of her brain.. malala

none

and that Persian babe on the cover of national geographic...

Mr. Blackwell

Quote from: none on March 14, 2023, 04:36:38 AMand that Persian babe on the cover of national geographic...
Oh god yes. Her eyes are stunning. 

none

Quote from: Maria-Juana on March 08, 2023, 01:46:41 PM
Quote from: Mr. Blackwell on March 08, 2023, 10:00:08 AM
the never ending pain
hate
||tip hat||
Be carefull with none. He's a good person but his cup overflows with anguish. Sometimes it splashes out if you try to tap his cup. You two might get along well enough if he chooses to communicate with you just keep in mind that at all times, he is brasive.

Oooh.

hi,
what's in your sea cup...