News:

IGI has a Facebook group!

Main Menu

reaganomics

Started by kevin, July 29, 2022, 12:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

https://hartmannreport.com/p/where-did-the-religious-nuttery-come

an interesting observation on tbe deterioration of america since ronald reagan.

reagan was a professional actor, and his persona as a kindly elder statesman assisted him in the most devastating attack on american ideals that this country has ever known.

we re seeing tbe fruits of that attack right now.
dare to know.

Meat

I hardly ever read links but I read that one. I look at my beloved union realistically, it's full of scumbags and thieves in high places but the alternative is much much worse. I'm nothing without my job.
"Brilliant Meat!" +1 (composer)
"Amen Meat." (Former Believer)
"Like Meat said." (Francis)
"Not brilliant, Meat!" — Villanelle
"Damned right Meat." -Kusa

Meat

Democrats controlling the MSM was a clever move. I mean back in the day Gary Hart would have been our next POTUS except.......They didn't care back then, they were all fair game. Control whether it's by an R or a D is their game for sure. I'd like to be left alone mostly to do my thing, It would be nice if I had a buck or two left over as well.

kevin

im not a member of a union, because the only option is the teamsters.

unions were and are important shields against worker exploitation, but theyre vulnerable to s**ts looking for power and finding it.

thsts the way the coal ondustry is around here
dare to know.

kevin

Quote from: Meat on July 29, 2022, 12:57:30 PMDemocrats controlling the MSM was a clever move. I mean back in the day Gary Hart would have been our next POTUS except.......They didn't care back then, they were all fair game. Control whether it's by an R or a D is their game for sure. I'd like to be left alone mostly to do my thing, I'd be nice if I had a buck or two left over as well.

it was tbe MSM that exposed gary hart. he was the first political sex scandal that the msm ever exposed. now nobody gets away with it except trump

thst was a serious milestone. hart actually denied any monkey business to the press, expecting them to hold off on reporting what they saw they way they always had

like kennedy and his women

but one guy said no youre a liar and heres the proof. and hart wad history
dare to know.

Meat

Yes, I know it was the former MSM that got to Gary Hart.

Meat

Quote from: kevin on July 29, 2022, 12:58:46 PMim not a member of a union, because the only option is the teamsters.

unions were and are important shields against worker exploitation, but theyre vulnerable to s**ts looking for power and finding it.

thsts the way the coal ondustry is around here
Pops was a union logger once. Imagine that! Lol.

Meat

Looking ahead there's nobody I know of that's going to unite. I'm probably too tainted to accept a lib within 25 miles of DC. You'll have to forgive me living under Idiot Inslee's regime here. OMG!!

kevin

there are no reasonable options.

some folks are trying to float forward, a third party
dare to know.

Meat

Quote from: kevin on July 29, 2022, 01:39:24 PMthere are no reasonable options.

some folks are trying to float forward, a third party
I think that's our only hope. We'll need a clever gimmick of course to suck in the suckers. Free honey or ?

kevin

dunno

its ontended to be moderate, excluding the nutjobs from both sides
dare to know.

Shnozzola

Quote from: kevin on July 29, 2022, 12:35:31 PMhttps://hartmannreport.com/p/where-did-the-religious-nuttery-come

an interesting observation on tbe deterioration of america since ronald reagan.

reagan was a professional actor, and his persona as a kindly elder statesman assisted him in the most devastating attack on american ideals that this country has ever known.

we re seeing tbe fruits of that attack right now.
"The Reagan presidency was their first major victory; in eight short years he cut union membership in America almost in half, dropped the taxes on billionaires from a top 74% bracket down to 27%"

^^^ This.  Good article.  And Reagan turning healthcare into a business instead of, uh, healthcare - and convincing republicans doing that is the right thing for Americans. Then convincing Americans that trickle down economics from the wealthy will improve everything.  Masterfully convincing the guy on the street, who still does not realize what was done.

Plus:

QuoteThat's where Jerry Falwell and his friends came into the picture.

Falwell was an inveterate grifter, hustling Jesus to build a multi-million-dollar empire while ignoring Jesus' teachings about humility, poverty, and the need to care for others. A new, muscular Jesus — a Jesus who endorsed assault weapons, religious all-white schools, and private jets for preachers — came to dominate much of America's protestant Christianity.
Also -  "The way capitalism functions, and the reason the environment is in so much trouble is, if it's profitable, they'll do it. It doesn't matter how much havoc "it" causes, if it makes money, the companies will do it." - Beau
Ironically, the myriad  of "god" beliefs of humanity are proving to be more dangerous than us learning that we are on our own, making the way we treat each other far more important

Meat

Maybe a nut like Andrew Yang is what we need, how could he be any worse? Lol.

Kiahanie

I don't know about Yang, but I think more parties would be beneficial even if one were a Dem-Rep centrist stew. More parties might require forming governing coalitions. Lighthouses accountability.

"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

kevin

what we have now clearly isnt working.

the big problem is our antiquated constotution. it was put togeyher for a different world, and doesnt work with rhis one
dare to know.