News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

the end of american democracy

Started by kevin, December 23, 2021, 11:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

none

how long after I type amen do I get the money?
I'm lost, if you see me you are lost also
If Jesus believed in himself he wouldn't have been Jewish.

kevin

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://apnews.com/54745f2169166e82090d0f7bc1ddc1b2&ved=2ahUKEwie663wmLf4AhVRGFkFHayYAmcQFnoECCAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3sARXMgJplM0YNhKvWqXxS

QuoteSANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — New Mexico's secretary of state on Tuesday asked the state Supreme Court to order the Republican-led commission of rural Otero County to certify primary election results after it refused to do so over distrust of Dominion vote-tallying machines.

Democratic Secretary of State Maggie Toulouse Olive's request came a day after the three-member Otero County commission, in its role as a county canvassing board, voted unanimously against certifying the results of the June 7 primary without raising specific concerns about discrepancies.

here we go.

its started.

^^^this effort has apparently failed, but its the rules of the game from here on.
anytime an atheist says that somebody else is wrong, or has some sort of inferior way of looking at the world, its reasonable to ask on what basis they are making that judgement. if they have no answer, you can disregard what they say -- tom terrific

Kiahanie

Some Trumpists are not great fans of democracy. Marjorie Taylor-Greene is a Representative from Georgia.

Quote"We need to be the party of nationalism and I'm a Christian, and I say it proudly, we should be Christian nationalists,"

--https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/27/opinions/christian-nationalism-marjorie-taylor-greene-tyler/index.html

Mike Lee is a Senator from Utah. He also is not committed to democracy
Quote from: Mike Lee via TwitterDemocracy isn't the objective; liberty, peace, and prospefity are.  We want the human condition to flourish.  Rank democracy can thwart that.

Mike Lee via Twitter

They are not the only ones, just the most convenient.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

kevin

very clearly the modern republican party is anti-democracy.

between election denial, voter suppression, and thinly disguised threats of violence, they have departed from the idea of democracy and embraced authoritarianism instead.

republicans used to be a responsoble party of small government, fiscal conservatism, and free trade. now theyrr liars, crackpots, and racists.
anytime an atheist says that somebody else is wrong, or has some sort of inferior way of looking at the world, its reasonable to ask on what basis they are making that judgement. if they have no answer, you can disregard what they say -- tom terrific

Kiahanie

Lauren Boebert is a fellow congressional insurrectionist with Marjorie. Democracy is apparently not for god-believers like her:

QuoteGOP Rep. Boebert: 'I'm tired of this separation of church and state junk'

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.), who faces a primary election Tuesday, says she is "tired" of the U.S. separation of church and state, a long-standing concept stemming from a "stinking letter" penned by one of the Founding Fathers.

Speaking at a religious service Sunday in Colorado, she told worshipers: "The church is supposed to direct the government. The government is not supposed to direct the church. That is not how our Founding Fathers intended it."

She added: "I'm tired of this separation of church and state junk that's not in the Constitution. It was in a stinking letter, and it means nothing like what they say it does." Her comments were first reported by the Denver Post.
--https://www.washingtonpost.com/index.php?action=post;topic=65989.0;last_msg=927938

I believe that is called theocracy.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,