News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

Unacceptable Characters = database error

Started by Kiahanie, July 24, 2022, 10:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiahanie

No, Valued Members are always acceptable regardless of their character.

Speaking here of character strings that cause IGI indigestion.

If I use the strings themselves this post will not post. I will insert spaces between characters where possible.

Box
When copy/pasting from dictionaries a square box often shows up It causes a database error.

checkmark
Tried using a checkmark for bullet points. Database error and hung up "loading".

"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

Mooby the Golden Sock

We'll need to figure out if this is an issue with our database, our security being oversensitive, or SMF.

I recommend starting by looking through error logs on your admin account and seeing if anything new pops up when you try to reproduce the error. I'm on my phone so I can't do it now.  We can look at it in more detail on the staff boards. 
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

Kiahanie

I just posted those for future reference if anybody else has an issue. This may be particular to my account or tablet.

I did notice a VM was trying to c&p a dictionary def and got hit a while back.

I will play with my accounts, see if it is account specific like my search function.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,