News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

How the God of the Bible uses the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society

Started by eyeshaveit, July 20, 2022, 02:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiahanie

Quote from: Jstwebbrowsing on July 25, 2022, 07:12:38 PM
Quote from: Kiahanie on July 24, 2022, 01:53:58 AMNah, the Hebrew provocations were trivial in comparison to what people have done in the past couple hundred years alone. In quality and quantity. Think the Rape of Nanking, the Holocaust, Hiroshima, Pol Pot, genocide and slavery in the Americas for extreme examples. There is plenty to keep a sensitive god busy playing whack-a-mole, to the distress of the rest of us.

A vengeful god, wrathful for whatever reasons, is not a very appealing prospect.
What about the promised Kingdom in which "righteousness is to dwell"?  Would you like for that to occur?

I will pass on that if the overlord is Yahweh. He has a terrible temper and plays favorites .

I have my own notion of righteous that borrows heavily from the Book of Mormon's king Benjamin and the Sermons on the Mounts.

It would be a good question to ask if I want that society enforced by an omnipotent overlord. I do not think so, but an updated Garden of Eden experience is tempting.

That is the same temptation Trumpists faced when Trump lost: do they want an authoritarian kingdom or a democratic society? They decided they needed someone who would impose their sense of righteousness.

The issue is not entirely divorced from Jesus' temptations at the Olive Garden.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

eyeshaveit

Quote from: Kiahanie on July 25, 2022, 06:12:34 PM
Quote from: eyeshaveit on July 25, 2022, 05:55:12 PM
Quote from: Kiahanie on July 25, 2022, 04:56:31 PM
Quote from: eyeshaveit on July 25, 2022, 06:40:55 AM
Quote from: Kiahanie on July 24, 2022, 04:32:55 PM
Quote from: eyeshaveit on July 24, 2022, 08:23:43 AM
Quote from: Kiahanie on July 24, 2022, 01:53:58 AMNah, the Hebrew provocations were trivial in comparison to what people have done in the past couple hundred years alone. In quality and quantity. Think the Rape of Nanking, the Holocaust, Hiroshima, Pol Pot, genocide and slavery in the Americas for extreme examples. There is plenty to keep a sensitive god busy playing whack-a-mole, to the distress of the rest of us.

The biblical account explains creation, the fall of man, the resulting death sentence for all sinners and most importantly the provisions for forgiveness of sin and eternal life. You understand all that but you reject it as myth or whatever. Thus you choose life accidently creating itself but not evolved enough to be good for more than 120 years and then poof dissolving into nothingness.

Is that what it's all about?   

Pretty much, except I do not believe life "created itself."

I'm sure that you have previously explained how life came to be but it has fallen out of my head. Could we have an encore?
••••

I really do not know. Unsure that anybody knows precisely how it happened although there are several scientific speculations, maybe an actual theory somewhere. Most of the speculation revolves around the type of environment and initiating conditions, if any.

In other words life created itself

Your words. Not mine. Not the words of the scientific community.

Although once online, life did participate In its own evolution.

Sure they are my words because your words are strangely still as to how life came to be
Jesus Christ died so you could have access to God.

kevin

life is just complex chemistry, eyes. not hard to figure out, and not tbe most interesting question.

imo, what you should be asking is, what is consciousness.
may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

Kiahanie

Quote from: eyeshaveit on July 26, 2022, 09:15:48 AM
Quote from: Kiahanie on July 25, 2022, 06:12:34 PM••••
Your words. Not mine. Not the words of the scientific community.

Although once online, life did participate In its own evolution.

Sure they are my words because your words are strangely still as to how life came to be

Nothing strange about not knowing an answer. Especially for me. I have not counted but I suspect there are a lot more answers I do not know than answers I do know.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

eyeshaveit

Quote from: Kiahanie on July 25, 2022, 04:56:31 PMI really do not know. Unsure that anybody knows precisely how it happened although there are several scientific speculations, maybe an actual theory somewhere. Most of the speculation revolves around the type of environment and initiating conditions, if any.

The Holy Bible account in Genesis nails it for me. Sorry about you.

eyeshaveit

Quote from: kevin on July 26, 2022, 10:22:17 AMlife is just complex chemistry, eyes. not hard to figure out, and not tbe most interesting question.

That's because you can't answer it.

Quote from: kevin on July 26, 2022, 10:22:17 AMimo, what you should be asking is, what is consciousness.

What is life?
Where does life come from?
What is a person?
Is life a person?
Does every person get due process?
What is creation?
Was life created?

eyeshaveit

Quote from: Kiahanie on July 26, 2022, 04:58:14 PMNothing strange about not knowing an answer

Honest and true ... but if you want to tell me I'm not framing my new house correctly (when it's all to blueprint) then you ought to be able tom tell me how to correctly proceed 

kevin

Quote from: eyeshaveit on July 27, 2022, 07:31:43 AM
Quote from: kevin on July 26, 2022, 10:22:17 AMlife is just complex chemistry, eyes. not hard to figure out, and not tbe most interesting question.

That's because you can't answer it.

actually, i can, in the terms for it thst i use.

what do you find so mysterious about life, eyes?

eyeshaveit

Quote from: kevin on July 27, 2022, 10:27:26 AMwhat do you find so mysterious about life, eyes?

Mysterious is the wrong word. I am awed by the complexity of and the perfect balance of our world's "mechanics". I am awed by the countless forms and examples of non-human life that exists and continues to exist on planet Earth. I am awed by the essence of just "being". I am awed by the blood and breath moving throughout this thing called my body. I am awed by the truth of the Holy Bible that brings all the above together in a way that puts to shame the efforts of the many scientists, medicine men and philosophers, who at best deny God and at worst hate God.

Kiahanie

Quote from: eyeshaveit on July 27, 2022, 07:27:50 AM
Quote from: Kiahanie on July 25, 2022, 04:56:31 PMI really do not know. Unsure that anybody knows precisely how it happened although there are several scientific speculations, maybe an actual theory somewhere. Most of the speculation revolves around the type of environment and initiating conditions, if any.

The Holy Bible account in Genesis nails it for me. Sorry about you.

Thank you for your concern, but there is no problem.  I enjoy the quest.

Kiahanie

Quote from: eyeshaveit on July 27, 2022, 07:37:18 AM
Quote from: Kiahanie on July 26, 2022, 04:58:14 PMNothing strange about not knowing an answer

Honest and true ... but if you want to tell me I'm not framing my new house correctly (when it's all to blueprint) then you ought to be able tom tell me how to correctly proceed 

Framing I can help you with. Deep cosmology has too many dimensions. If you are looking to build a universe, if I run across a manual on how to build one I will post a link for you.

Kiahanie

Quote from: eyeshaveit on July 27, 2022, 06:00:56 PM
Quote from: kevin on July 27, 2022, 10:27:26 AMwhat do you find so mysterious about life, eyes?

Mysterious is the wrong word. I am awed by the complexity of and the perfect balance of our world's "mechanics". I am awed by the countless forms and examples of non-human life that exists and continues to exist on planet Earth. I am awed by the essence of just "being". I am awed by the blood and breath moving throughout this thing called my body. ••••

I join you in that awe, Eyes. It is indeed an awesome universe.

kevin

Quote from: eyeshaveit on July 27, 2022, 06:00:56 PM

Mysterious is the wrong word. I am awed by the complexity of and the perfect balance of our world's "mechanics". I am awed by the countless forms and examples of non-human life that exists and continues to exist on planet Earth. I am awed by the essence of just "being". I am awed by the blood and breath moving throughout this thing called my body. I am awed by the truth of the Holy Bible that brings all the above together in a way that puts to shame the efforts of the many scientists, medicine men and philosophers, who at best deny God and at worst hate God.

life is fascinating, sure. personally i am not awed by it, but i can see how it affects people that way.

life is not complicated. abiogenesis is all tbeoretical, but tbete are hypothetocal models for how it may have come about.

eyeshaveit

Quote from: Kiahanie on July 27, 2022, 08:44:05 PM
Quote from: eyeshaveit on July 27, 2022, 07:37:18 AM

Framing I can help you with. Deep cosmology has too many dimensions. If you are looking to build a universe, if I run across a manual on how to build one I will post a link for you.

The Living God does not need a manual to "build" a Universe and silly man can't even bring forth a living fingernail or eyelash much less ....................

Teaspoon Shallow

Quote from: eyeshaveit on July 28, 2022, 08:08:02 AMThe Living God does not need a manual to "build" a Universe and silly man can't even bring forth a living fingernail or eyelash much less ....................
Man has created numerous gods using inductive processes and fallacious reasoning.  What mechanism can I use to distinguish between the man made gods and a real one?
"If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would.    That's the difference between me and your God." Tracie Harris

eyeshaveit

If you lack it that mechanism will be supplied by Almighty God -- you just to sincerely ask for help to believe.

" ... help me overcome my unbelief" - Mark 9.

kevin

yes.  it is written.

BG 18.66: Abandon all varieties of dharmas and simply surrender unto Me alone. I shall liberate you from all sinful reactions; do not fear.

eyeshaveit

Quote from: kevin on July 30, 2022, 05:25:34 PMyes.  it is written.

BG 18.66: Abandon all varieties of dharmas and simply surrender unto Me alone. I shall liberate you from all sinful reactions; do not fear.

A scoffer seeks wisdom in vain, but knowledge is easy for a man of understanding. - Proverbs 14

Teaspoon Shallow

Quote from: eyeshaveit on July 30, 2022, 04:42:55 PMIf you lack it that mechanism will be supplied by Almighty God -- you just to sincerely ask for help to believe.

" ... help me overcome my unbelief" - Mark 9.
The Panacea.  ||popcorn||  
"If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would.    That's the difference between me and your God." Tracie Harris

kevin

Quote from: eyeshaveit on July 31, 2022, 08:07:08 AMA scoffer seeks wisdom in vain, but knowledge is easy for a man of understanding. - Proverbs 14

i agree.

BG 13.5: Great sages have sung the truth about the field and the knower of the field in manifold ways. It has been stated in various Vedic hymns, and especially revealed in the Brahma Sutra, with sound logic and conclusive evidence.

eyeshaveit

Quote from: kevin on July 31, 2022, 10:50:48 AM
Quote from: eyeshaveit on July 31, 2022, 08:07:08 AMA scoffer seeks wisdom in vain, but knowledge is easy for a man of understanding. - Proverbs 14

i agree.

BG 13.5: Great sages have sung the truth about the field and the knower of the field in manifold ways. It has been stated in various Vedic hymns, and especially revealed in the Brahma Sutra, with sound logic and conclusive evidence.

Know therefore today, and lay it to your heart, that the Lord is God in heaven above and on the earth beneath; there is no other. - Deuteronomy 4.

maritime

kevin

Quote from: eyeshaveit on August 01, 2022, 05:09:16 PMKnow therefore today, and lay it to your heart, that the Lord is God in heaven above and on the earth beneath; there is no other. - Deuteronomy 4.

BG 10:12 Arjuna said: You are the Supreme Brahman, the ultimate, the supreme abode and purifier, the Absolute Truth and the eternal divine person. You are the primal God, transcendental and original, and You are the unborn and all-pervading beauty. All the great sages such as Narada, Asita, Devala, and Vyasa proclaim this of You, and now You Yourself are declaring it to me.

scripture is cheap and easy, eyes. there are lots to choose from, no matter what you want to say.

eyeshaveit

Quote from: kevin on August 01, 2022, 05:50:06 PMscripture is cheap and easy, eyes

There's no end to Satan's fun, Kevin ... as long as it lasts

kevin

eyeshaveit

Quote from: kevin on August 01, 2022, 10:16:44 PMsorry you feel that way, eyes.

Kevin,

If the God of the Bible exists then Satan surely exists. And all the anti-God; anti-Christ literature printed over the eons of time has Satan's license and imprimatur

8livesleft

Quote from: eyeshaveit on August 02, 2022, 08:42:50 AM

Kevin,

If the God of the Bible exists then Satan surely exists. And all the anti-God; anti-Christ literature printed over the eons of time has Satan's license and imprimatur

Why is your god allowing this satan to exist? Does he lack the power to stop him? Or is satan simply doing what god wants him to do? 

eyeshaveit

Quote from: 8livesleft on August 02, 2022, 09:13:07 AM

Kevin,

Why is your god allowing this satan to exist? Does he lack the power to stop him? Or is satan simply doing what god wants him to do?

It is a matter of free will that God granted to both his angels and to mankind. And further if God prosecuted the rebellion in Eden with a righteous death sentence, then 1) God would have to start all over again, meaning 2) you and I could not exist to have this conversation. Because if Satan is allowed to exist then you and I are allowed the wonderful privilege of life down through time. The difference being is that Satan and the fallen angel crowd are all under a death sentence with no possible reprieve. But again, you and I have a possible savior in the Lord Jesus Christ and the promise of eternal life.

8livesleft

Quote from: eyeshaveit on August 02, 2022, 11:09:38 AM
Quote from: 8livesleft on August 02, 2022, 09:13:07 AM

Kevin,

It is a matter of free will that God granted to both his angels and to mankind. And further if God prosecuted the rebellion in Eden with a righteous death sentence, then 1) God would have to start all over again, meaning 2) you and I could not exist to have this conversation. Because if Satan is allowed to exist then you and I are allowed the wonderful privilege of life down through time. The difference being is that Satan and the fallen angel crowd are all under a death sentence with no possible reprieve. But again, you and I have a possible savior in the Lord Jesus Christ and the promise of eternal life.

1. Wouldn't "free-will" exist regardless of satan? (I will also refrain from free-will debates at this point)

2. So why keep him around if he's already been sentenced?

eyeshaveit

Quote from: 8livesleft on August 02, 2022, 11:27:32 AM1. Wouldn't "free-will" exist regardless of satan? (I will also refrain from free-will debates at this point)

2. So why keep him around if he's already been sentenced?

1 - Of course.

2a - Almighty God has not given us an explicit answer.

2b - And Satan's is a delayed sentence -- we don't know why but safe to say, God has other purposes besides dealing with evil.